Beyoncé

Kisuke

It’s either her or bad bunny for AOTY there is no way in hell they are gonna give it to adele. 30 was a NONEVENT and the general consensus is that it was mid

Edited by bijonse

• Replies 107.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

Bey: AOTY, R&B Song, R&B Perf, Dance Song, Dance Album (5)

Brandi: Americana Perf, American Roots Song, Americana Album, Rock Song, Rock Perf (5)

Kendrick: Rap categories (4)

Adele: SOTY, ROTY, Pop Album, Pop Solo (4)

Bad Bunny: Música Urbana Album (1)

Mary: Traditional R&B Perf (1)

ABBA: Pop Duo (1)

and then either Harry or Taylor can take Video.

Lizzo, Coldplay (0)

That would be the best outcome imo.

If she goes to the Grammys they need to do something for her since she’s gonna be the most awarded artist ever there. They’re still the premier music awards for the entire globe even if they’re not taken as seriously anymore

1 minute ago, Draper. said:

Bey: AOTY, R&B Song, R&B Perf, Dance Song, Dance Album (5)

Brandi: Americana Perf, American Roots Song, Americana Album, Rock Song, Rock Perf (5)

Kendrick: Rap categories (4)

Adele: SOTY, ROTY, Pop Album, Pop Solo (4)

Bad Bunny: Música Urbana Album (1)

Mary: Traditional R&B Perf (1)

ABBA: Pop Duo (1)

and then either Harry or Taylor can take Video.

Lizzo, Coldplay (0)

That would be the best outcome imo.

Adele does not deserve ROTY or AOTY, maybe if my little love or i drink wine was up for the award I could see it:celestial5:

3 minutes ago, bijonse said:

It’s either her or bad bunny for AOTY there is no way in hell they are gonna give it to adele. 30 was a NONEVENT and the general consensus is that it was mid

You have to remember who is voting, a lot of old members. 

6 minutes ago, Kassi said:

I’m starting to understand Bey’s perspective tho. The main purpose of those award shows, from the artist’s perspective is really just exposure. Of course, from the fan perspective it’s everything in life and more. But if you’re someone on Bey’s level, where a private concert in a country 1,000 miles away can go viral… there’s literally no reason to perform at a ratings declining Grammys.

Renaissance is much less of a statement album than LemonLegend, which I imagine is the main reason she performed it everywhere — same with Be Alive… which she didn’t even bother to do live… nnn. Rene is really all about good vibes and dance. It doesn’t even need visuals to get its point across. So why would it need an award show performance? 

It’s sad, but with 3 kids and a tight schedule, I’d rather she focus on putting together a bomb ass tour that I, and millions others, get to experience in person than a format specific 5-10 min award show slot performance. 

I'm with almost all of this, but not sure about the Lemonade part. 

I know I'm being pedantic cus it's even not the main point you're making and your overall point is on the money about where she is in her career. 

But IMO Lemonade was the amplification of her really scaling tf back. ST started it and Lem cemented it.

Her live approach was largely limited to Super Bowl + a handful of award shows. And even then you get the sense that there had to be some kind of "premium" for her to show up (e.g. VMA Vanguard).

So, with Lem, I don't think she was going all-out to spread the message. If anything, I saw the whole era as her going kinda "anti" the usual Pop star promo path BECAUSE of the era's political messaging. 

Stans swear that Formation was a #1 in waiting, but almost certain I've read something semi-official about the whole "unlisted" video thing being to de-emphasise the charting aspect of the song and spotlight its message. 

2 minutes ago, Shelter said:

Even they can see it wasn’t received that well by critics. Very forgettable music I’m sawry I like adele but let’s be forreal. Bad bunny and Harry destroyed it on streaming didn’t they? if they wanna make it a popularity contest:celestial5:

I think yall get it wrong: Bey is not performing any of the Rennie Songs not because of making a Statement. I honestly think she's just over it

3 minutes ago, bijonse said:

Even they can see it wasn’t received that well by critics. Very forgettable music I’m sawry I like adele but let’s be forreal. Bad bunny and Harry destroyed it on streaming didn’t they? if they wanna make it a popularity contest:celestial5:

Do u think they care what anyone thinks? One voter said he doesn’t like rap and all the samples. So that’s one vote to someone else, then Diane Warren probably votes, that’s another one to someone else. A lot of these oldies will be swaying the same way. 

What if BMS is about her in the music biz though :rip:

41 minutes ago, Kassi said:

Also, Bey is not performing at the Grammys. They done disrespected her too many times. She’s very much a silently cut someone off type of gyal. Can you imagine if she goes and loses the category for the 4th!! time how humiliating that is for her as an artist?

She’s taking the Renaissance performances/show directly on tour I fear. :cm:

I'm betting on an "appearance" ala her 2021 appearance rather a performance. Unadvertised. Mid-show. And just in time for whatever her televised win/s are. 

It's the most risk-free approach if she wants to play ball with them.

She's definitely over the BS and like a lot of Black acts ditching the show, seems to be refusing to let them use her name for promotion of the telecast. Very smart IMO.

But I really don't get how an AOTY loss will be "humiliating" for her in any way. It would be more so humiliating for the Grammys, whose rep is hanging on by a thread after The Weeknd, Ed, and Drake ditched them. 

It'd only be humiliating for Bey if she went all-out and campaigned shamelessly in the way many of her peers do, which we know she doesn't do. 

Outside of jabs from other stans (which is limited to niche online spaces like here), her losing will see the Grammys get dragged like never before. Not just by the Hive but everyone. It's very possible but so so so dumb on their part as the optics will be horrible for them. 

Win or lose, Bey  will go a blockbuster tour, snatch the spotlight and make them look dumb af should they snub her. I love that the tour announcement + excitement takes place before Sunday. She's about to dominate headlines imminently, which will only make the Grammys look stupid af if they repeat their antics.

Edited by Cbreezy

18 minutes ago, Shelter said:

They added a whole influx of new young and ethnically diverse voting members over the last year. 

The last few years has seen a lot of internal changes at the Grammys after successive scandals. That's why I'm holding out hope that it's not the same ol, same ol. 

Sunday will be the ultimate test of whether it's enough to make a noticeable change. 

3 minutes ago, Cbreezy said:

I'm with almost all of this, but not sure about the Lemonade part. 

I know I'm being pedantic cus it's even not the main point you're making and your overall point is on the money about where she is in her career. 

But IMO Lemonade was the amplification of her really scaling tf back. ST started it and Lem cemented it.

Her live approach was largely limited to Super Bowl + a handful of award shows. And even then you get the sense that there had to be some kind of "premium" for her to show up (e.g. VMA Vanguard).

So, with Lem, I don't think she was going all-out to spread the message. If anything, I saw the whole era as her going kinda "anti" the usual Pop star promo path BECAUSE of the era's political messaging. 

Stans swear that Formation was a #1 in waiting, but almost certain I've read something semi-official about the whole "unlisted" video thing being to de-emphasise the charting aspect of the song and spotlight its message. 

Oh yeah, there’s definitely some nuance to it. I should have been more specific.

I totally agree with you that she DID scale back the marketing aspect of her approach. Which, to me, captures the reason why she didn’t center her performances around “the single” at any given time. No disagreement there. 

But the reason why I think she performed every song on the album at least once at each show (Super Bowl, BET, CMA, VMA, Tidal X, Grammys) was to see the concept of the album through. It was less about promo and more about story. 

So I agree that it wasn’t a traditional promotional campaign. The fact that only Formation got two performances (with a 7 month gap :toofunny3:) definitely affirms your thesis that everything was scaled back. That said, I don’t think Renaissance even has that kind urgency to build a narrative around it. So I don’t expect Grammys, BET, VMA etc and the bare minimums that Lemonade received. 

5 minutes ago, Cbreezy said:

I'm betting on an "appearance" ala her 2021 appearance rather a performance. Unadvertised. Mid-show. And just in time for whatever her televised win/s are. 

It's the most risk-free approach if she wants to play ball with them.

She's definitely over the BS and like a lot of Black acts ditching the show, seems to be refusing to let them use her name for promotion of the telecast. Very smart IMO.

But I really don't get how an AOTY loss will be "humiliating" for her in any way. It would be more so humiliating for the Grammys, whose rep is hanging on by a thread after The Weeknd, Ed, and Drake ditched them. 

It'd only be humiliating for Bey is she went all-out and campaigned shamelessly in the way many of her peers do, which we know she doesn't do. 

Outside of jabs from other stans (which is limited to niche online spaces like here), her losing will see the Grammys get dragged like never before. Not just by the Hive but everyone. It's very possible but so so so dumb on their part as the optics will be horrible for them. 

Win or lose, Bey  will go a blockbuster tour, snatch the spotlight and make them look dumb af should they snub her. I love that the tour announcement + excitement takes place before Sunday. She's about to dominate headlines imminently, which will only make the Grammys look stupid af if they repeat their antics.

I really don't think so this time around. Especially if she loses to Bad Bunny. He will be a historic win and people trying to come for his win over Bey will probably just get her dragged nnn :rip: 

Now if she loses to someone white again then sure I could see people making some noise especially if it's Adele. Her album was so basic and made barely any noise it would be bad. But even then not as bad before. Saying they would be dragged like never before is a bit of a reach.

18 minutes ago, Lose My Breath said:

A diss track to major record labels like Sony/Columbia me thinks 

19 minutes ago, Lose My Breath said:

I think that’s very clear she’s been telling us she’s over their bs for ten years. I think she likes performing and making music but doesn’t like the higher ups and execs in the industry and having to do things their way

Now that I’m thinking about it, it’s hitting me just how sickening it is that an artist performed their entire album in one album cycle.

Whew!  :jonny5:

At that time it was frustrating to have her perform Freedom while Hold Up was the global single :rip:, but in retrospect, yeah, it kind of iconic.

spacer.png

19 minutes ago, suneclipse121 said:

I really don't think so this time around. Especially if she loses to Bad Bunny. He will be a historic win and people trying to come for his win over Bey will probably just get her dragged nnn :rip: 

Now if she loses to someone white again then sure I could see people making some noise especially if it's Adele. Her album was so basic and made barely any noise it would be bad. But even then not as bad before. Saying they would be dragged like never before is a bit of a reach.

I hear you. But there will be draggingss. It's just that the volume/intensity of them will depend on the winner. 

An Adele win will incite the most anger for reasons most have covered already. 

Harry next, but there will be pushback from some corners of the mainstream because of the scale of his commercial success. Still the optics will be terrible in the grand scheme of things. 

Bad Bunny has the historic angle with the whole Spanish language thing as well as his huge commercial success, so probably will limit the volume of noise those pissed about Bey can impactfully make. 

Outsiders like Kendrick and Mary J, who have been snubbed in years of past, will actually be the hardest scenario for any outcry over Bey. They're Black, very much play in her R&B/Urban lane, and are deserving (historically ( just not with these projects). 

Beyond deserving the award, the reason a Bey snub will be big news and big time bad for the Grammys, is the sheer number of #1 rankings Ren had on credible end of year lists. It'd essentially be telling the Pitchfork's, Variety's, Billboard's, and endless other publications (who help shape critical taste and opinions) that **their** pick was wrong. These are the same outlet's who'll be covering any kind of Bey snub...and I imagine will frame the discourse in the context of the Grammys being out of touch. 

I'm a stan, but in times like this, I almost wish I wasn't because these rantings can be relegated to pressed stan fodder. But in reality, (from a Grammys perspective) there's an objective logical, and business case for why Bey almost HAS to win AOTY on Sunday. That's not to say the show won't exist if she loses, but it'd be self sabotage for the Grammys  if she doesn't win and shaves years off the show's future relevance. 

Edited by Cbreezy

atp the era is done

just announce the dates and wrap it up already 

3 minutes ago, Bicassie said:

atp the era is done

just announce the dates and wrap it up already 

few more days sis few more days

tumblr_inline_o93d1eVzIa1riuxno_500.gif

38 minutes ago, Cbreezy said:

It'd only be humiliating for Bey if she went all-out and campaigned shamelessly in the way many of her peers do, which we know she doesn't do. 

“Humiliating” is def an overstatement :eli: Bey will be fine as you say.

But you know what I mean. It’ll be the whole “Jay being nominated for 9 awards and leaving with nothing” all over again. The ensuing media headlines may or may not be sympathetic to Bey vs The Grammys, but it’s more the air of disrespect and inconsideration on the part of Grammy voters — especially if you factor in the long-standing rumors of some trying to “humble” her.

Granted, Bey will come out with 4/5 awards at minimum, but to see her sit there in the audience and lose general categories for another masterpiece body of work… and for over a decade is so… it makes me sick… :jonny5:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.