Pop Culture Talk

ATRL Moderation Team

was looking up breakout debut albums with a #1 hit, to see how long it took to get a follow up release.

since 2010, the only one with a concrete answer of 4+ years is The New Classic.

and then we have Invasion of Privacy which hit 4.5 years recently...

Edited by fridayteenage

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Danes

• Born to Run

• Zaynsus

• Virgos Groove

On 11/5/2022 at 5:39 PM, fridayteenage said:

was looking up breakout debut albums with a #1 hit, to see how long it took to get a follow up release.

since 2010, the only one with a concrete answer of 4+ years is The New Classic.

and then we have Invasion of Privacy which hit 4.5 years recently...

The only album I can think of is The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill in 1998.

• 2 weeks later...

Been hating Chartmasters more and more now

The Spotify tool

I can find my own ******* self, and I don't have 100k overall streams OR even 10 songs on there

yet Tinashe doesn't come up as a result :deadbanana2:wtf?!

Also, what is up with that whack design :skull:

Gaga & Billie inspiring the biggest English language series on Netflix just makes sense :lakitu:

Edited by Billionaire

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

A crowded room anywhere
A million people around all I see is you there
And everything just disappears, disappears, disappears, disappears
Yeah, a million people in a crowded room
But my camera lens's only been set to zoom
And it all becomes so clear, comes so clear, becomes so clear

:jonny:

P!nk's "Never Gonna Not Dance Again" is one of the worst songs I've heard in my life. I heard it twice on BBC Radio 2 on the drive home from work (which is the only time I listen to radio), and it also got played on Strictly Come Dancing. Why all this promo for such an abominable song that stalled at #46 in the U.K. ages ago?

I'll give P!nk some credit though. Her early stuff was good:

Miss Minaj-Petty really was serving and slaying with the Roman Reloaded pop tracks like Whip It and Va Va Boom. Sure I roast, gag and have a kii but I still have a soft spot for Roman Reloaded and Miss Minaj Petty’s discography  :clap3:

On 12/27/2022 at 2:03 PM, Mellark said:

Miss Minaj-Petty really was serving and slaying with the Roman Reloaded pop tracks like Whip It and Va Va Boom. Sure I roast, gag and have a kii but I still have a soft spot for Roman Reloaded and Miss Minaj Petty’s discography  :clap3:

Whip It & Va Va Voom are such bops indeed. I've no doubt a lot of her haters secretly bop to her!

1 hour ago, Avariko said:

Whip It & Va Va Voom are such bops indeed. I've no doubt a lot of her haters secretly bop to her!

I mean I feel 95% of the forum still listens to her at some capacity. SFG is everywhere. Pink Friday and Roman Reloaded were her biggest albums and were nostalgic for us. I think the problem is her recent beefs with Cardi, Latto and the situation with Mr. Petty is concerning (and messy), but she surprisingly brought some kiis in this forum and we kii too. But definitely made an impact this year with SFG. She can easily release an EP or an album while the SFG Minaj Petty hype is going. 

Edited by Mellark

On 12/26/2022 at 3:29 PM, Billionaire said:

Where is the news and the media :jonny6:

Super obsessed with this EP. I went to see her at The Troubadour a few weeks ago and she is a good singer live despite the venue being so overcrowded. 

4 hours ago, Mellark said:

I mean I feel 95% of the forum still listens to her at some capacity. SFG is everywhere. Pink Friday and Roman Reloaded were her biggest albums and were nostalgic for us. I think the problem is her recent beefs with Cardi, Latto and the situation with Mr. Petty is concerning (and messy), but she surprisingly brought some kiis in this forum and we kii too. But definitely made an impact this year with SFG. She can easily release an EP or an album while the SFG Minaj Petty hype is going. 

All fax I fear. 

Chun-Li is a major bop too. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.