Zero Tolerance for Hate Speech Read more... ×

Yu-Gi-Oh!: New game for Nintendo Switch!

3,311 posts in this topic

sunny phoenix

just read the news about the new game! plz be like the world championship series :duca:

RihannaRTT
1 hour ago, sunny phoenix said:

just read the news about the new game! plz be like the world championship series :duca:

It's probably like Legacy of the Duelist? Since it's titled LOTD: Link Evolution. 

In the original there is:

Story Mode - with different stories for each arc. They re-tell the anime and you get to either choose the story deck (which changes per duel) or your own deck. The first duel of each story is a tutorial on aspects of dueling (OG is like the general rules, GX is fusion, 5D's Synchro, etc). 

Duelist Challenges - when you beat all iterations of someone in story mode you unlock the duelist challenge which is the characters having competitive kinda decks

Draft Play / Sealed Play - you can buy Battle Packs from the card shop (Epic Dawn, War Giants 2), and use cards straight out of those boxes for a duel.

Multiplayer - online dueling with ranked duels, fun duels and also the draft/sealed duels. 

Hopefully they'll add Speed Dueling too and only allow the cards that are released for it irl to be used in that mode. It'd be good promo. And we don't have anywhere to speed duel automatically rn so we need it :duca: 

27540-407373-maxresdefaultjpg-noscale.jpg

sunny phoenix
1 hour ago, RihannaRTT said:

It's probably like Legacy of the Duelist? Since it's titled LOTD: Link Evolution. 

In the original there is:

Story Mode - with different stories for each arc. They re-tell the anime and you get to either choose the story deck (which changes per duel) or your own deck. The first duel of each story is a tutorial on aspects of dueling (OG is like the general rules, GX is fusion, 5D's Synchro, etc). 

Duelist Challenges - when you beat all iterations of someone in story mode you unlock the duelist challenge which is the characters having competitive kinda decks

Draft Play / Sealed Play - you can buy Battle Packs from the card shop (Epic Dawn, War Giants 2), and use cards straight out of those boxes for a duel.

Multiplayer - online dueling with ranked duels, fun duels and also the draft/sealed duels. 

Hopefully they'll add Speed Dueling too and only allow the cards that are released for it irl to be used in that mode. It'd be good promo. And we don't have anywhere to speed duel automatically rn so we need it :duca: 

27540-407373-maxresdefaultjpg-noscale.jpg

sounds good! as long as they follow the oficial rules and dont do fake stuff like in the playstation1 and 2 games

RihannaRTT
Just now, sunny phoenix said:

sounds good! as long as they follow the oficial rules and dont do fake stuff like in the playstation1 and 2 games

yes its the official rules. The original was like £15 and then had like 50000000 DLC packs with extra cards that came out after it and adds a few more duels. So this one will probably be the same; a budget initial game with tons of DLC for future card releases. 

The original is hard to play for fun because all the good cards for old archetypes came out after they stopped doing DLC. I was playing it yesterday and this was the best Dark Magician deck I could do since Eternal Soul / Magician of Dark Illusion / Dark Magical Circle aren't in the game. 

DzDMi_lWwAYogiy.jpg

Hopefully it'll come west :kitty: 

Lexiel

Hey guys can you help me create a deck to fully utilize Ruka's potential and Ancient Fairy Dragon in Duel Links?

Pulse

I’m still pressed that Sisters of the Rose didn’t give us a Harpie Lady Sisters retrain. I’m guessing it’s just a matter of time.

What are your favorite retrains?

RihannaRTT

Ankuriboh.jpg?resize=206%2C300&ssl=1

Ankuriboh
Dark Fiend / Effect
LV1 300/200
You can only use this card name’s (1) and (2) effects once per turn each.
(1) When an opponent’s monster declares an attack: You can discard this card, then target 1 monster in either GY, except this card; Special Summon that monster to your field, but send it to the GY during the End Phase.
(2) If this card is destroyed by battle or card effect and sent to the GY: You can activate this effect; during this turn’s End Phase, add 1 “Monster Reborn” from your Deck or GY to your hand.

RihannaRTT
2 hours ago, Pulse said:

I’m still pressed that Sisters of the Rose didn’t give us a Harpie Lady Sisters retrain. I’m guessing it’s just a matter of time.

What are your favorite retrains?

there's so many. i love all the retrains/card evolutions.

Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning was the OG. :clap3: Me thinking Obnoxious Celtic Guard was a really good card back in the day :rip: 

We need Suijin, Sanga and Kazejin to get retrained :jonny5: 

Dylangaga

YAAAAAAAAAAAS Komoney better promote those new Soulburner structure decks!

Omg poor Kween Blue Maiden next week!:jonny:

Grim
On 2/11/2019 at 7:11 PM, Lexiel said:

Hey guys can you help me create a deck to fully utilize Ruka's potential and Ancient Fairy Dragon in Duel Links?

I don’t think there really is one. 

Dylangaga

I'm rewatching Arc v and there are still so many cards I want!:jonny:

AG Hound Fusions

Beastborgs

C/C/C

The Jutte monsters

Performage Shadow Maker

The Lamp cards

Thorn Prisoners

The Bee cards were cute

RihannaRTT

cant wait for info on Arena of Lost Souls. Desperately wanna know what cards are coming to Speed Duel next :jonny5: 

RihannaRTT

YALL. NEW SPEED DUEL BOOSTER!!!!

Attack From the Deep - May 31st

1 Skill for Kaiba, 1 Skill for Joey, 3 Skills for Mako

The Legendary Fisherman, Levia Dragon Daedalus, Magician of Faith, Blade Knight, Dust Tornado

Kaiba's skill based on Crush Card Virus, Joey's skill a gamble skill. 

https://ygorganization.com/setthemedaroundwaterthecoverisbladeknight/

They're really coming every 2 months omg my wallet :jonny5: IM SHOOK. 

RihannaRTT

Pre-ordering 1 booster of Arena of Lost Souls now!!! :duca:

I wonder how the rarities will work? We know its 34 commons, 8 supers, 8 ultras. and we know its 36 packs in a box with 4 cards per pack. 

Would it be 3 commons in every pack and then either a guaranteed super or ultra?? if it's that then you're probably better with 1 box + the rest singles but idk. 

Thoughts @Dylangaga @Porygon2z

--

Also bought a lot of accessories today. Bought one of these to hold my regular decks + speed duel decks. Hoping it ain't too big or too small. 

fenrir-games-cardboard-storage-box-1600-cards-black-p164722-199053_zoom.jpg

Bought two of these to hold my trunk since i feel like having everything in one place is better than using the Legendary Collection boxes for it. One for Speed Duel, one for regular. 

Fenrir Games Cardboard Storage Box : 5000 cards

and bought one of these (coz there was only one left). "25 standard cards" - I'm wondering if it's appropriate for my Speed Duel decks. Altho not sure coz standard =/= sleeve but then again Yugioh cards are smaller in general than "standard" TCG cards. Hoping to buy 12 of these (6 for my Speed Duel sets, 6 for the starter sets) and use them. If not, I'll use the 50 count i guess. Also gonna buy 100s for my main decks, but gonna order those with either more 25s or some 50s, depending on if these are appropriate. 

ultra-pro-2-piece-box-holds-25-cards-p175906-216938_image.jpg

Dylangaga

I've been rewatching Yugioh DM and I'm on the Battle City arc!:jonny5:

MESS at me noticing A LOT more animation mistakes now that I'm older :rip: 

RihannaRTT
8 hours ago, Dylangaga said:

@RihannaRTT I'm probably going to buy 2 boxes of AOLS! :duca:

shook. i don't know what the rarities are tho so idk how much to get like will some packs be 4 commons? or maybe a SR is guaranteed in every pack with one being swapped for an UR? i wanna know

Dylangaga

The Yugioh DM duels are just so iconic!:jonny:

Just rewatched Yami Marik vs. Bakura!

Dylangaga
On 3/9/2019 at 3:48 AM, RihannaRTT said:

shook. i don't know what the rarities are tho so idk how much to get like will some packs be 4 commons? or maybe a SR is guaranteed in every pack with one being swapped for an UR? i wanna know

There are 36 packs in each box so that's a plus!

RihannaRTT
5 minutes ago, Dylangaga said:

There are 36 packs in each box so that's a plus!

true but im still unsure if that means theres gonna be some packs with just commons. that feels weird but then again, so does a guaranteed SR/UR

no rares is just strange

Grim

They’re giving us the Golden Castle of Stromberg cards in DL which is cool but also useless because GCoS isn’t useable in this format. 

Dylangaga
Posted (edited)

Shinji's Battlewasps are being printed in CP19!:jonny:

There's also a new Fortune Lady Tenki card, and a new Yosenju trap!

And the Marincess cards are being printed! :duca:

Dylangaga

54432578_1200895033421212_89175501790332

OCG - Collection Pack 2019

CP19-JP017 Fortune Fairy Hikari
LIGHT8Spellcaster Effect/1/0/0
You can only use each effect once per turn.
When you draw this card: You can reveal it; Special Summon it.
If this card is Special Summoned from the hand: You can target 1 monster you control; send it to the GY, and if you do, Special Summon 1 Level 1 Spellcaster monster from your Deck

54432345_1200733266770722_72643195348220

OCG - Rising Rampage

RIRA-JP053 Rising Fire
Equip Spell Card
(This card is always treated as a “Salamangreat” card.)
You can only use each once per turn.
If you control no monsters: Activate this card by targeting 1 FIRE monster in your GY; Special Summon that monster, and if you do, equip this card to it. It gains 500 ATK. When this card leaves the field, destroy that monster.
If this card is destroyed by an opponent’s card card effect: You can banish 1 monster on the field.

54432585_1200712476772801_18788575598765

RIRA-JP003 Marincess Seahorse
WATER/Cyberse Effect/3/1400/1000
You can only Special Summon 1 card with this card’s name with the way written in its (1) effect per turn. You can only use this card name’s (2) effect once per turn.
(1) You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) to your zone a “Marincess” monster you control points to.
(2) During your Main Phase, except during the turn this card was sent to the GY: You can banish this card from your GY; Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand to a Monster Zone a “Marincess” monster you control points to.

Dylangaga

54255967_1200712510106131_51893556279309\

RIRA-JP004 Marincess Seastar
WATER/Cyberse - Effect/2/800/400
You can only use this card name’s effect up to twice per turn.
(1) You can send this card from your hand to the GY, then target 1 “Marinecess” monster you control; it gains 800 ATK until the end of this turn.

53789513_1200712533439462_67863562940149

RIRA-JP040 Marincess Blue Slug
WATER/Cyberse - Link - Effect/1500/LINK-1
1 Level 4 or lower “Marincess” monster
You can only Link Summon “Marincess Blue Slug” once per turn.
(1) If this card is Link Summoned: You can target 1 “Marincess” monster in your GY, except “Marincess Blue Slug”; add it to your hand, also you cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of this turn, except WATER monsters.

53613583_1200712563439459_89801613876406

RIRA-JP041 Marincess Coral Anemone
WATER/Cyberse - Link - Effect/2000/LINK-2
2 WATER monsters
You can only use this card name’s (1) and (2) effects once per turn each.
(1) You can target 1 WATER monster with 1500 or less ATK in your GY; Special Summon it to your zone this card points to, also you cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of this turn, except WATER monsters.
(2) If this card is sent from the field to the GY: You can target 1 “Marincess” card in your GY, except “Marincess Coral Anemone”; add it to your hand.

53712791_1200712593439456_60305712210604

RIRA-JP042 Marincess Marbled Rock
WATER Cybese - Link - Effect/2500/LINK-3
2+ WATER monsters
You can only use this card name’s (1) effect once per turn.
(1) You can target 1 “Marincess” card in your GY, except “Marincess Marbled Rock”; add it to your hand.
(2) When an opponent’s monster declares an attack: You can send 1 “Marincess” monster from your hand to the GY; monsters cannot be destroyed by that battle, also you take no battle damage from that battle.

54256882_1200712623439453_20300652379017

RIRA-JP068 Marinecess Wave
Normal Trap Card
If you control a Link-3 or higher “Marinecess” monster, you can activate this card from your hand.
If you control a “Marinecess” Link Monster: Target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; negate that monster’s effects until the end of this turn. In addition, if you control a Link-2 or higher “Marinecess” monster, all face-up monsters you control become unaffected by your opponent’s card effects until the end of this turn.

53204885_1200712646772784_52970087813417

RIRA-JP069 Marincess Current
Normal Trap Card
You can only activate 1 card with this card’s name per turn.
If you control a Link-3 or higher “Marincess” monster, you can activate this card from your hand.
When a “Marincess” Link Monster you control destroys an opponent’s monster by battle: Inflict damage to your opponent equal to 400 x that monster you control’s Link Rating. In addition, if you control a Link-2 or higher “Marincess” monster and the opponent’s monster that was destroyed was a Link Monster, inflict damage to your opponent equal to the destroyed monster’s Link Rating x 500.

BILLIONAIRE✘BOY

Wait duel links is out for the switch? :psyduck: