Yu-Gi-Oh!: New game for Nintendo Switch!

3,260 posts in this topic

sunny phoenix

just read the news about the new game! plz be like the world championship series :duca:

RihannaRTT
1 hour ago, sunny phoenix said:

just read the news about the new game! plz be like the world championship series :duca:

It's probably like Legacy of the Duelist? Since it's titled LOTD: Link Evolution. 

In the original there is:

Story Mode - with different stories for each arc. They re-tell the anime and you get to either choose the story deck (which changes per duel) or your own deck. The first duel of each story is a tutorial on aspects of dueling (OG is like the general rules, GX is fusion, 5D's Synchro, etc). 

Duelist Challenges - when you beat all iterations of someone in story mode you unlock the duelist challenge which is the characters having competitive kinda decks

Draft Play / Sealed Play - you can buy Battle Packs from the card shop (Epic Dawn, War Giants 2), and use cards straight out of those boxes for a duel.

Multiplayer - online dueling with ranked duels, fun duels and also the draft/sealed duels. 

Hopefully they'll add Speed Dueling too and only allow the cards that are released for it irl to be used in that mode. It'd be good promo. And we don't have anywhere to speed duel automatically rn so we need it :duca: 

27540-407373-maxresdefaultjpg-noscale.jpg

sunny phoenix
1 hour ago, RihannaRTT said:

It's probably like Legacy of the Duelist? Since it's titled LOTD: Link Evolution. 

In the original there is:

Story Mode - with different stories for each arc. They re-tell the anime and you get to either choose the story deck (which changes per duel) or your own deck. The first duel of each story is a tutorial on aspects of dueling (OG is like the general rules, GX is fusion, 5D's Synchro, etc). 

Duelist Challenges - when you beat all iterations of someone in story mode you unlock the duelist challenge which is the characters having competitive kinda decks

Draft Play / Sealed Play - you can buy Battle Packs from the card shop (Epic Dawn, War Giants 2), and use cards straight out of those boxes for a duel.

Multiplayer - online dueling with ranked duels, fun duels and also the draft/sealed duels. 

Hopefully they'll add Speed Dueling too and only allow the cards that are released for it irl to be used in that mode. It'd be good promo. And we don't have anywhere to speed duel automatically rn so we need it :duca: 

27540-407373-maxresdefaultjpg-noscale.jpg

sounds good! as long as they follow the oficial rules and dont do fake stuff like in the playstation1 and 2 games

RihannaRTT
Just now, sunny phoenix said:

sounds good! as long as they follow the oficial rules and dont do fake stuff like in the playstation1 and 2 games

yes its the official rules. The original was like £15 and then had like 50000000 DLC packs with extra cards that came out after it and adds a few more duels. So this one will probably be the same; a budget initial game with tons of DLC for future card releases. 

The original is hard to play for fun because all the good cards for old archetypes came out after they stopped doing DLC. I was playing it yesterday and this was the best Dark Magician deck I could do since Eternal Soul / Magician of Dark Illusion / Dark Magical Circle aren't in the game. 

DzDMi_lWwAYogiy.jpg

Hopefully it'll come west :kitty: 

Lexiel

Hey guys can you help me create a deck to fully utilize Ruka's potential and Ancient Fairy Dragon in Duel Links?

Pulse

I’m still pressed that Sisters of the Rose didn’t give us a Harpie Lady Sisters retrain. I’m guessing it’s just a matter of time.

What are your favorite retrains?

RihannaRTT

Ankuriboh.jpg?resize=206%2C300&ssl=1

Ankuriboh
Dark Fiend / Effect
LV1 300/200
You can only use this card name’s (1) and (2) effects once per turn each.
(1) When an opponent’s monster declares an attack: You can discard this card, then target 1 monster in either GY, except this card; Special Summon that monster to your field, but send it to the GY during the End Phase.
(2) If this card is destroyed by battle or card effect and sent to the GY: You can activate this effect; during this turn’s End Phase, add 1 “Monster Reborn” from your Deck or GY to your hand.

RihannaRTT
2 hours ago, Pulse said:

I’m still pressed that Sisters of the Rose didn’t give us a Harpie Lady Sisters retrain. I’m guessing it’s just a matter of time.

What are your favorite retrains?

there's so many. i love all the retrains/card evolutions.

Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning was the OG. :clap3: Me thinking Obnoxious Celtic Guard was a really good card back in the day :rip: 

We need Suijin, Sanga and Kazejin to get retrained :jonny5: 

Dylangaga

YAAAAAAAAAAAS Komoney better promote those new Soulburner structure decks!

Omg poor Kween Blue Maiden next week!:jonny:

Grim
On 2/11/2019 at 7:11 PM, Lexiel said:

Hey guys can you help me create a deck to fully utilize Ruka's potential and Ancient Fairy Dragon in Duel Links?

I don’t think there really is one.