Yu-Gi-Oh!: New game for Nintendo Switch!

3,319 posts in this topic

34fbleq.png

dgUxlR.png

The global sensation "Yu-Gi-Oh!" --which literally means "King of Games" in Japanese-- started as a manga of the same name, which was published for the very first time on September 30th, 1996 on the Weekly Shōnen Jump magazine in Japan. After the success of a chapter containing a Card Game (back then known as Magic and Wizards), Konami created the OCG. The first OCG Booster Pack, Vol. 1, was released on February 4, 1999. After the success, Konami created the TCG for non-Japanese speaking countries. The very first TCG Booster Pack was released on March 8, 2002, titled "Legend of Blue Eyes White Dragon". 

The Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game (OCG/TCG) is right now the most sold card game in history, as it has already surpassed the previous king of card games "Magic the Gathering". Yu-Gi-Oh! got the Guinness Records for the Largest Card Game Tournament ever and for the Best Selling Card Game ever.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links ATRL ID's

Domination:  560-461-666

Gagamon:  266-535-648

Harly:  794-892-816

Hunter_13:  117-032-858 

Porygon2z:  717-467-944

RihannaRTT:  751-392-331

NEWS

a77071cb.jpg?resize=238%2C300&ssl=153c5bacf.jpg?resize=237%2C300&ssl=1

Basically the flier with the card explains it isn’t just a reinterpretation of Chronos’ classic Ancient Gear Golem (which served as his primary trump card in the TV show), but it’s specifically meant to be inspired by the triple Gear Golem rush pulled off using Spell Gear in his last Duel against Judai/Jaden in Episode 167, hence its triple attack capability.

%EF%BC%93%E6%9C%88%E5%8F%B7%E3%82%A2%E3%

V Jump itself explains a basic combo for using the card:

Ancient Gear Catapult destroys Geartown:

Geartown Special Summons Ancient Gear Wyvern, who adds Ancient Gear Box to your hand, who adds Ancient Gear Gadget to your hand.

Meanwhile Catapult Special Summons Ancient Gear Golem – Mechanized Melee, ignoring its Summoning Conditions, and then notes with Ancient Gear Box and Ancient Gear Gadget, you now have the cards to attack three times.

183948a3bn0l5nzb3m3x8c.jpg?resize=200%2C

The issue includes a brief overview of Ancient Gears’ appearance in GX, 5D’s and ARC-V

183954bjjwnazhdiwjpbnn.jpg?resize=200%2C

Source

6 minutes ago, DevonDreams said:

need new madolches

They are so confusing. I don't know how someone can keep with them in real life tbh.

19 minutes ago, Porygon2z said:

They are so confusing. I don't know how someone can keep with them in real life tbh.

They are my favorite archetype. I've been playing them for almost 4 years, but it was definitely hard in the beginning remembering their effects, but it just comes natural for me now-- but ofc opponents are always confused and need to check up on rulings when they're stunned by Queen Tiaramisu's effect.

1 minute ago, DevonDreams said:

They are my favorite archetype. I've been playing them for almost 4 years, but it was definitely hard in the beginning remembering their effects, but it just comes natural for me now-- but ofc opponents are always confused and need to check up on rulings when they're stunned by Queen Tiaramisu's effect.

Oh hell, I really HATE playing against that card... no annoying :biblio: 

MadolcheQueenTiaramisu-PGL2-EN-GUR-1E

I've been playing yugioh duel links on my phone it's so addicting because it's based around the original series.  ?

2 hours ago, iConicLegend said:

I've been playing yugioh duel links on my phone it's so addicting because it's based around the original series.  ?

Yaaaasss. Came here to post this! I'm having a lot of fun so far. I'm at Stage 19 which isn't bad but for the character unlocks having to battle Kaiba Lvl. 30 ALWAYS has that damn Battle Ox right away and I have no 1700 attack monsters yet. Best I can do is like 1600 and then the bonus from using Yami.

6 minutes ago, LoveLiveMusic said:

Yaaaasss. Came here to post this! I'm having a lot of fun with it but man Kaiba Lvl. 30 ALWAYS has that damn Battle Ox right away and I have no 1700 attack monsters yet. Best I can do is like 1600 and then the bonus from using Yami.

I always have  atleast 2 attack boosting spells and traps in my deck to deal with duelist like that. Kiba is easy if you can quickly over power im before he overpowers you. once he gets blue eyes out.. its pretty much over :deadbanana2:

18 hours ago, iConicLegend said:

I always have  atleast 2 attack boosting spells and traps in my deck to deal with duelist like that. Kiba is easy if you can quickly over power im before he overpowers you. once he gets blue eyes out.. its pretty much over :deadbanana2:

18 hours ago, LoveLiveMusic said:

Yaaaasss. Came here to post this! I'm having a lot of fun so far. I'm at Stage 19 which isn't bad but for the character unlocks having to battle Kaiba Lvl. 30 ALWAYS has that damn Battle Ox right away and I have no 1700 attack monsters yet. Best I can do is like 1600 and then the bonus from using Yami.

Is the AI using strong monsters against y'all? Cuz mine still summon 700ATK monsters in attack position and I'm like BYE :rip: 

ITS TIME TO DU_DU_DU_DU_DU_DU_DU_DU_DUEL 

39c70fb52e418b794a303d6d6576422f447244b8_hq.gif

Hey guess what y'all. I'm back in my YGO phase Are y'all enjoying Duel Links? I am slayed. It's great that a mobile game can be so faithful to the original with the same mechanics; just with a more condensed version in short. It's also nice to see it's almost all vintage cards and it's easy to play than over complicated archetype strategies so far. I'm at stage 21 and have unlocked Yugi, Kaiba, Joey, Tea, Mai, Weevil and Rex (and need 2 machine monsters to unlock Bandit Keith). 

Also. Was just playing YGO rn with my brother who's 12 years older than I am for the fun of it since he was in, and we used the Starter Decks Reloaded and the decks from Yugi's Legendary's Decks and now I felt compelled to get the new Structure Decks for Yugi + Kaiba and the 2nd legendary decks so just went and bought them. 

13 minutes ago, Dylangaga said:

Yaaaaaaaass we're back! :duca:

TIme to du-du-du-duel!

YAAASS KING, Just don't get banned and remember, we'll bump this thread every day with anything!

11 minutes ago, RihannaRTT said:

Hey guess what y'all. I'm back in my YGO phase Are y'all enjoying Duel Links? I am slayed. It's great that a mobile game can be so faithful to the original with the same mechanics; just with a more condensed version in short. It's also nice to see it's almost all vintage cards and it's easy to play than over complicated archetype strategies so far. I'm at stage 21 and have unlocked Yugi, Kaiba, Joey, Tea, Mai, Weevil and Rex (and need 2 machine monsters to unlock Bandit Keith). 

Also. Was just playing YGO rn with my brother who's 12 years older than I am for the fun of it since he was in, and we used the Starter Decks Reloaded and the decks from Yugi's Legendary's Decks and now I felt compelled to get the new Structure Decks for Yugi + Kaiba and the 2nd legendary decks so just went and bought them. 

Duel Links is cute but since I like the real rules and using ALL mechanics I haven't played it a lot. Still great for a mobile game, I mean, you get to pass some time while bored as hell haha.

So what deck are you using??

24 minutes ago, RihannaRTT said:

yaaaaas I'm actually loving duel links!! I'm only on stage 11 though. It's really fun...the damn vagabond duelist keeps wiping me out...I can't beat him :rip:

19 minutes ago, Porygon2z said:

YAAASS KING, Just don't get banned and remember, we'll bump this thread every day with anything!

Yaaaas of course sis you know me! and omg we got NOTIFICATIONS!!! YAAAAS

3 minutes ago, Dylangaga said:

yaaaaas I'm actually loving duel links!! I'm only on stage 11 though. It's really fun...the damn vagabond duelist keeps wiping me out...I can't beat him :rip:

add me sis. I'm RihannaRTT in game. 

I beat the Vagabond I think 2 or 3 times now. Mainly with Kaiba i think. 

c8ddebe2.jpg?resize=191,300&ssl=1

e5d886dc.jpg?resize=215,300&ssl=1

It’s time to settle this once and for all! The Supreme King War reaches its climax!

Yuya’s friends challenged the demonic Duelist one after another, but each fell like flies without being able to lay a finger on Zarc!

Things hit a crisis when even Leo’s secret plan, the tactics that defeated Zarc before, fail a second time around, but Reiji finally Duels at last!

Akaba Reiji takes a stand in a moment of absolute despair, and Yuya’s greatest and strongest rival shows his evolved power!

It’s also introduced that Reiji uses 3 new monsters:

D/D/D Wave Emperor Executive Caesar

D/D/D Flame Emperor Executive Genghis

D/D/D Gust Emperor Executive Alexander

1 minute ago, Dylangaga said:

Yaaas the notifications is the best part cuz now we can keep conversations flawlessly and if we duel on ygopro we can @ at whoever we want!

Like, where are you @NaughtyDog, @IronFist1994 and @sunny phoenix

1 minute ago, RihannaRTT said:

add me sis. I'm RihannaRTT in game. 

I beat the Vagabond I think 2 or 3 times now. Mainly with Kaiba i think. 

Who's that character? :rip:    

1 minute ago, Dylangaga said:

c8ddebe2.jpg?resize=191,300&ssl=1

e5d886dc.jpg?resize=215,300&ssl=1

It’s time to settle this once and for all! The Supreme King War reaches its climax!

Yuya’s friends challenged the demonic Duelist one after another, but each fell like flies without being able to lay a finger on Zarc!

Things hit a crisis when even Leo’s secret plan, the tactics that defeated Zarc before, fail a second time around, but Reiji finally Duels at last!

Akaba Reiji takes a stand in a moment of absolute despair, and Yuya’s greatest and strongest rival shows his evolved power!

It’s also introduced that Reiji uses 3 new monsters:

D/D/D Wave Emperor Executive Caesar

D/D/D Flame Emperor Executive Genghis

D/D/D Gust Emperor Executive Alexander

I just realized Reiji's monsters are named with job positions :skull: 

Just now, Porygon2z said:

Who's that character? :rip:    

it's a special character who kinda looks like Red from Pokemon and doesnt speak really. he's just very strong and gives u a lot more EXP. Losing to him gives u 2.5x EXP than what winning to a regular guy does. 

1 minute ago, Porygon2z said:

Yaaas the notifications is the best part cuz now we can keep conversations flawlessly and if we duel on ygopro we can @ at whoever we want!

Like, where are you @NaughtyDog, @IronFist1994 and @sunny phoenix

omg ikr. used to be an absolute mess to get people for duels in the past. 

C2bDY8pUAAAFRCG.jpg?resize=225,300&ssl=1

20AP-JP052 Clear Effector
Level 2 LIGHT Spellcaster-Type Effect Monster
ATK 0
DEF 900
(1): If this card is sent to the Graveyard as Synchro Material: Draw a card.
(2): A Synchro Monster Synchro Summoned using this card as Synchro Material cannot be destroyed by card effects.

C2bDY8gUQAACUCg-e1484711356227.jpg?resiz

Clashing Souls
Quick-Play Spell Card
(1) If an Attack Position monster you control battles an opponent’s Attack Position monster with higher ATK, during damage calculation: Neither player takes any battle damage from this battle, also send all cards controlled by a player(s) whose monster is destroyed by this battle to the Graveyard after damage calculation, also the player whose battling monster has lower ATK can pay 500 LP, and if they do, their battling monster gains 500 ATK during damage calculation only, then repeat this effect until neither player pays LP.

C2bDY8fUsAIYMxN.jpg?resize=225,300&ssl=1

VB19-JP001 Number F0: Utopic Future – Future Slash
Rank 0 LIGHT Warrior-Type Xyz Effect Monster
ATK 0
DEF 0
Xyz Materials: 2 non-“Number” Xyz Monsters with the same Rank
(This card’s original Rank is always treated as 1.)
You can also Xyz Summon this card by using 1 “Utopia” monster or “Number F0: Utopic Future” you control as Xyz Material. (Xyz Materials attached to it also become Xyz Materials attached to this card.)
(1) This card gains 500 ATK for each “Number” monster in each Graveyard.
(2) Cannot be destroyed by battle.
(3) Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; this card can make a second attack during each Battle Phase this turn.

C2bDY8gVIAIqLfY-e1484711785313.jpg?resiz

D/D/D Flame High King Executive Genghis

2e39e7ba.jpg?resize=186,300&ssl=1

VB19-JP002 Raidraptor – Revolution Falcon – Blitzing Bombardment
Rank 6 DARK Winged Beast-Type Xyz Effect Monster
ATK 2000
DEF 3000
Xyz Materials: 3 Level 6 Winged Beast-Type monsters
You can also Xyz Summon this card by discarding 1 “Rank-Up-Magic” Spell Card, then using a Rank 5 or lower “Raidraptor” Monster you control as the Xyz Material.
(1) If this card is Xyz Summoned: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; destroy that monster, and if you do, inflict damage to your opponent equal to its ATK.
(2) If this card in your possession is destroyed by your opponent’s card (by battle or by card effect): You can Special Summon 1 “Raidraptor – Revolution Falcon” from your Extra Deck, and if you do, attach this card to it as Xyz Material.