Trump Gave Classified Israeli Intel to Russia

249 posts in this topic

HIGHLIGHTS

•Trump “revealed more information to the Russian ambassador than we have shared with our own allies.”

•For most anyone in government discussing such matters with an adversary would be illegal. As president, Trump has broad authority to declassify government secrets, making it unlikely that his disclosures broke the law.

•“It is all kind of shocking,” said a former senior U.S. official close to current administration officials. “Trump seems to be very reckless, and doesn’t grasp the gravity of the things he’s dealing with, especially when it comes to intelligence and national security. And it’s all clouded because of this problem he has with Russia.”

•Trump went on to discuss aspects of the threat that the United States only learned through the espionage capabilities of a key partner. He did not reveal the specific intelligence gathering method, but described how the Islamic State was pursuing elements of a specific plot and how much harm such an attack could cause under varying circumstances. Most alarmingly, officials said, Trump revealed the city in the Islamic State’s territory where the U.S. intelligence partner detected the threat.

•At a more fundamental level, the information wasn’t the United States’ to provide to others. Under the rules of espionage, governments — and even individual agencies — are given significant control over whether and how the information they gather is disseminated even after it has been shared. Violating that practice undercuts trust considered essential to sharing secrets... “If that partner learned we’d given this to Russia without their knowledge or asking first that is a blow to that relationship,” the U.S. official said.

WHAT; How reliable is this source ?:dancehall:

What do you even say at this point? :biblio:

2 minutes ago, Achilles. said:

•. “Trump seems to be very reckless, and doesn’t grasp the gravity of the things he’s dealing with, especially when it comes to intelligence and national security. And it’s all clouded because of this problem he has with Russia.”

U THINK!!!?!???

Honestly all I can do is laugh, this is ****ing insane. Republicans will ignore this or make excuses. Mid term elections cannot come fast enough.

seriously?

I'm so far done with this damned administration

IMPEACH HA

But her emails...

We are going to be so ****ed before mid-terms can even happen. :skull: 

6 minutes ago, rachidi said:

WHAT; How reliable is this source ?:dancehall:

How reliable is the WASHINGTON POST? :deadbanana3: 

Isn't that treason??

Sounds like it's time for impeachment

Too bad Republicans are pussies

Bye bye America, it's been fun 

8lIp7N5.gif

Just now, Achilles. said:

How reliable is the WASHINGTON POST? :deadbanana3: 

no sis, i meant their source:deadbanana:

Disgusting. Impeach him already! I hate this administration and the GOP so much.

2 minutes ago, Tinker said:

Isn't that treason??

Isn't it great?

For all my life Republicans have acted like they're so patriotic and they love America more than anyone, but they literally betrayed America! 

For my whole adult life I've heard that Republicans are better at foreign policy and national security, but they literally handed the Oval Office over to our biggest foreign enemy!

I can't pretend to be shocked

2 minutes ago, Tinker said:

Isn't that treason??

Isn't it great?

For all my life Republicans have acted like they're so patriotic and they love America more than anyone, but they literally betrayed America! 

For my whole adult life I've heard that Republicans are better at foreign policy and national security, but they literally handed the Oval Office over to our biggest foreign enemy!

hopefully he traded that info to Russia with releasing the gays out of Chechnya. :celestial5:

15 minutes ago, Haunter said:

Honestly all I can do is laugh, this is ****ing insane. Republicans will ignore this or make excuses. Mid term elections cannot come fast enough.

That's assuming America will even be around by this time next year. 

sUFqhvX.gif

Lock him up

but her emails