Top Posters In This Topic

• FAN

• PopFan1996

• abrahamjmr

• Brando

5 minutes ago, X~MoviePoP said:

Interesting, the song feels so like non eventful

it's a radio event.

No. 1 on the Radio Songs chart; 7 on Digital Song Sales, 9 on Streaming Songs.

Average rank is 6th. Better than last week, average 7th.

Edited by fridayteenage

7 minutes ago, X~MoviePoP said:

the song was clearly an event and is a smash hit. just not 10+ week smasha. it literally had no real competition since its release. i can't remember a time on hot 100 that was this uncompetitive 

Thinking Of You
3 minutes ago, Brando said:

the song was clearly an event and is a smash hit. just not 10+ week smasha. it literally had no real competition since its release. i can't remember a time on hot 100 that was this uncompetitive 

Um, two years ago. Remember when everybody and their mother were topping the chart? There was a new number one almost every week :toofunny3:

11 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

it's a radio event.

It was 5 weeks at #1 on Streaming, it's impossible for a ballad to stay atop the streaming chart so long, it only makes sense radio being it's strongest metric this far in it's chart run. But hey let's ignore the history of every other #1 that spent 10+ weeks at #1 and go with out own narrative because Adele is doing better than our faves!11!!

Adele having this huge of a radio hit is even more impressive considering she is 34 years old, our faves could only wish :jonny4:

Edited by Hot Volcano

A smash:ahh: 

Surprised more artists aren’t releasing to try and take advantage of the low chart points. Easy on Me has basically done this to everybody else in the industry:

cars-bruce-almighty.gif

Edited by Anomaly

4 minutes ago, Thinking Of You said:

Um, two years ago. Remember when everybody and their mother were topping the chart? There was a new number one almost every week :toofunny3:

But even 1 week #1s would have been competition and would have knocked EOM out of #1 every few weeks. Where as here we didn't get any major hits since summer, nor did we get any 1 week #1s apart from All Too Well. Plus you can also normally see a big hit forming on a horizon and right now there isn't a single one that's close to having a momentum. What's going on :toofunny3:

Talent winning :clap3:

I dont like OMG tho, I hope she releases IDW soon

It's a big hit, but I don't know about 10+ weeks. 

I wonder when will they remove Radio from the charts, and that's a if.

mwwdnqq.gif

2 minutes ago, Brando said:

But even 1 week #1s would have been competition and would have knocked EOM out of #1 every few weeks. Where as here we didn't get any major hits since summer, nor did we get any 1 week #1s apart from All Too Well. Plus you can also normally see a big hit forming on a horizon and right now there isn't a single one that's close to having a momentum. What's going on :toofunny3:

Um, WDTAB is literally rising week to week, ever since it was released. In two weeks it will top the Hot 100.

21 minutes ago, X~MoviePoP said:

To you and few OAHs only

OT: As it should. A real SMASH HIT:clap3:

Edited by PopFan1996

People really underestimate how big an inoffensive track like this can be.

We already stated in the other thread how a track like Hello can burn so fast because of how “in your face” it is. Too gimmicky.

This track was an event too but it’s a slow burner, it can become her biggest hit ever in the long run.

17 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

it's a radio event.

It is a music industry event. Leagues above discount events and digitally signed cover art events.

4 minutes ago, Brando said:

Have you forgotten Xmas season happened? Lol

8 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

It was 5 weeks at #1 on Streaming, it's impossible for a ballad to stay atop the streaming chart so long, it only makes sense radio being it's strongest metric this far in it's chart run. But hey let's ignore the history of every other #1 that spent 10+ weeks at #1 and go with out own narrative because Adele is doing better than our faves!11!!

Adele having this huge of a radio hit is even more impressive considering she is 34 years old, our faves could only wish :jonny4:

Exactly this

5 minutes ago, Brando said:

#1 song on Spotify Global is pulling only 4M streams for awhile now. It is getting weird. 

People are listening to albums or focusing on older songs maybe ? If Lost by Frank Ocean gets a big surge that could do numbers :deadbanana4:

16 minutes ago, Brando said:

I am confused as to why you would think there's no competition when SMASH hits like "drivers license" had around the same streams on it's 14th week on the charts.  EOM is performing naturally just like any other #1 hit. 

Here's a full list to check by yourself and see that EOM is performing like a normal smash hit on it's 10th week.

16 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

interesting proposition. streaming era 10 week #1s

"Old Town Road"Lil Nas X featuring Billy Ray Cyrus: 20 weeks #1 Streaming

"Despacito"Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee featuring Justin Bieber: 16 weeks Streaming

"The Box"Roddy Ricch: 13 weeks Streaming

"Uptown Funk"Mark Ronson featuring Bruno Mars: 12 weeks Streaming

"Closer"The Chainsmokers featuring Halsey: 12 weeks Streaming

"God's Plan"Drake: 11 weeks Streaming

"Butter"BTS: 18 weeks sales

"Happy"Pharrell Williams: 11 weeks sales

"Blurred Lines"Robin Thicke featuring T.I. and Pharrell Williams: 10 weeks sales

"Shape of You"Ed Sheeran: 10 weeks sales

"See You Again"Wiz Khalifa featuring Charlie Puth: 8 weeks streaming + 7 weeks sales (15)

"In My Feelings"Drake: 8 weeks Streaming + 6 weeks sales (14)

"Hello"Adele: 7 weeks Streaming + 7 weeks sales (14)

"One Dance"Drake featuring Wizkid and Kyla ***only topped sales/streams a bit, however it was due to no video. It topped Spotify for 15 weeks. 

"Easy on Me"Adele: 5 weeks Streaming/Spotify + 2 weeks sales (7)

History indeed shows that this is a huge anomaly. Thank you for asking.

Edited by fridayteenage

11th week atop, the longest solo female since We Belong Together :jonny5:

another week second fanbase run here with glee and celebrate adele achievement, the song is not that good but lemme leave thread real quick...

10 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

interesting proposition. streaming era 10 week #1s

"Old Town Road"Lil Nas X featuring Billy Ray Cyrus: 20 weeks #1 Streaming

"Despacito"Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee featuring Justin Bieber: 16 weeks Streaming

"The Box"Roddy Ricch: 13 weeks Streaming

"Uptown Funk"Mark Ronson featuring Bruno Mars: 12 weeks Streaming

"Closer"The Chainsmokers featuring Halsey: 12 weeks Streaming

"God's Plan"Drake: 11 weeks Streaming

"Butter"BTS: 18 weeks sales

"Happy"Pharrell Williams: 11 weeks sales

"Blurred Lines"Robin Thicke featuring T.I. and Pharrell Williams: 10 weeks sales

"Shape of You"Ed Sheeran: 10 weeks sales

"See You Again"Wiz Khalifa featuring Charlie Puth: 8 weeks streaming + 7 weeks sales (15)

"In My Feelings"Drake: 8 weeks Streaming + 6 weeks sales (14)

"Hello"Adele: 7 weeks Streaming + 7 weeks sales (14)

"One Dance"Drake featuring Wizkid and Kyla ***only topped sales/streams a bit, however it was due to no video. It topped Spotify for 15 weeks. 

"Easy on Me"Adele: 5 weeks Streaming/Spotify + 2 weeks sales (7)

History indeed shows that this is a huge anomaly. Thank you for asking.

And how many of them were #1 during the Xmas season, since Mariah's AIWFCIY and other songs started to rule the ENTIRE top 10 streaming chart?

NONE of them :ahh:

You really thought you did something here, huh? :ahh:

and mess at you including Butter's 18 weeks at #1 on Sales Chart :skull:

Edited by Hot Volcano

The obsession some of these people have is not even healthy at this point :deadbanana:

OT: Wish my other faves could have frontloaded weak ass hits like hers :jonny4:

Edited by UnusualBoy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.