Coldplay's Viva la Vida hits 1 billion streams on Spotify

gustavothehuman

The song is eligible for Diamond and marked the first time a British group went #1 in both US and UK since "Wannabe" by the Spice Girls in 1997. It was also the only number-one track by a British group in this century until the band's own "My Universe" :gaycat2:

EDIT: Turns out that's not the only classic reaching a big milestone today :clap3:
Edited by gustavothehuman

:clap3:

Edited by Immaculate
Nvm wrong song thought this the scientist :rip:

Shocked that MU is only their 2nd #1.

I always thought Yellow, The scientist, SJLT & Fix you were all #1 smashes

23 minutes ago, My Tears Ricochet said:

Shocked that MU is only their 2nd #1.

I always thought Yellow, The scientist, SJLT & Fix you were all #1 smashes

I think it has something to do with the singles/albums division of the physical era, hence why they started to get better single stats from 2005 onwards (digital era). In the UK where all of their songs enjoyed proper releases they have 19 Top 10s :gaycat3:

Weird. Some of the people here told me that no one knew Coldplay songs and that they have no classics. :rip:

56 minutes ago, Jynx said:

Weird. Some of the people here told me that no one knew Coldplay songs and that they have no classics. :rip:

They're clearly delusional because if anything, Coldplay have too many classics :gaycat6:

It always sends me how they throw Yellow, Clocks, Fix You, etc. around the setlists like it was nothing :deadbanana4:

I LOVED the moment it went #1 in the US, felt almost unreal and impossible, they did that with this stunning gem, what a beautiful record. :heart2: 

32 minutes ago, Ger-55 said:

I LOVED the moment it went #1 in the US, felt almost unreal and impossible, they did that with this stunning gem, what a beautiful record. :heart2: 

When you put it that way... I mean, it's a baroque pop song with lyrics referencing the French revolution and they weren't even playing classic rock instruments, which is why their label didn't wanted to release it at first. Oh, and it went #1 without the music video! They really had everything to BOMB and gave us a cultural reset instead :worship2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.