Billboard Introduces Anti-Bulkbuying Rules

BlackoutZone

On 1/13/2022 at 5:50 AM, Punky Rooster said:

I believe you can listen to a song 10 times a day on some streaming services and all 10 plays will count towards the chart. So why can't you buy a song 10 times a day? I don't get the logic - if you value a song enough or an artist enough to support them by spending $ on buying their track multiple times, what's the issue? Both ways are easily manipulated - it's just the big 3 or 4 record companies trying to dictate what does and doesn't become a hit again.

Because digitals can be easily manipulated (i.e. BTS, Nicki Minaj, and heck even my fave Taylor) because of "mass buying". Streams are harder to be manipulated because they can be easily regulated (i.e. Spotify can detect bot listeners), unless you have a very very dedicated fanbase (i.e. BTS) and somehow they can circumvent these controls. Therefore, even if there is very small error/possibility to manipulate streams it would be very very hard to do that literally only 1 out of millions of artist can achieve it. Although both have flaws, between the 2, it seems more reasonable to put a stricter control for digitals than streams.

Edited by aesthetic bih

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• drivers license

• Punky Rooster

• Virtual_Insanity

• slw84

1 minute ago, aesthetic bih said:

Because digitals can be easily manipulated (i.e. BTS, Nicki Minaj, and heck even my fave Taylor), streams are harder to be manipulated unless you have a very very dedicated fanbase (i.e. BTS). Therefore, even if there is very small error/possibility to manipulate streams it would be very very hard that literally only 1 out of millions of artist can achieve it.

Streaming Farms? The big record companies paying these services to get their high priority acts on multiple high profile highly subscribed playlists? Streaming albums full of < 2 minute tracks and "dialogue" over 30 seconds to boost streaming numbers? That's also easy manipulation. The average Joe trying to help their fave get a high chart position will run out of money long before record companies do.

11 minutes ago, Punky Rooster said:

Streaming Farms? The big record companies paying these services to get their high priority acts on multiple high profile highly subscribed playlists? Streaming albums full of < 2 minute tracks and "dialogue" over 30 seconds to boost streaming numbers? That's also easy manipulation. The average Joe trying to help their fave get a high chart position will run out of money long before record companies do.

I forgot to mention (I already edited my previous post) that Spotify and other streaming services can detect bots. And like I said, unless you have some extraordinary means (like a very dedicated fanbase or a rich powerful label backing you up), you cannot cheat streaming in normal circumstances. Streaming farms are like marketing/promotional tool so the cost of it usually out-weights the expected return. Therefore it would be very stupid, business-wise, for recording companies to keep funnelling money on artists' songs to simply make them chart high but do not give them any return. So this strategy might work for artists in the short run but this will bite the label/companies in the ass in the long run. Like I said, between the 2, streaming is harder to rig (even if you have streaming farms)  than mass buying.

Edited by aesthetic bih

:ahh:

BTS's impact!!!

They're the biggest musical act in the world. No one can be compared to them :clap3:

On ATRL people think we're fuming:ahh:that Olivia fan is still crying over their lost weeks at number 1 :ahh: this is a new low:ahh:

On 1/14/2022 at 12:19 AM, slw84 said:

No it hasn’t just because many of us chart nerds meltdown over things doesn’t mean billboard isn’t credible and is still seen as the standard. Remove your emotions out of it…they are still that girl. 

Rolling Stone thought  she ate:lakitu:

I have no emotions whatsoever, they've been a joke for almost a full 10 years and have failed to show what's the actual popular and consumed music in the united states. Call a spade a spade

BOTS has been ended :clap3:

Now do physicals next

On 1/12/2022 at 2:13 AM, brainmaniac said:

The BTS Army is quite resilient though.

I’m sure if they want to, that they can find a way around this and prevail :celestial2:

They will probably try to find a way for sure, but they will have to work 10 times harder and we'll see if they can keep up. They were already tired and in shambles during the fraudulence that was Butter, PTD, etc. As physicals goes they would have to be shipped and delivered exactly as they want for them to be counted as they are intended to, which escapes from their control.

It's weird that some people want, what most likely are kids, to literally have such life and go through such stressful situations. It's ot even about the chart positions, some of their fans were literally having meltdowns and attacked by others as if it were a pack of wolves for not being able to meet their quotas. That's simply unhealthy and psychotic and shouldn't be celebrated, it's straight up weird, and Columbia, HYBE and BTS should be ashamed.

On 1/12/2022 at 2:39 AM, UnusualBoy said:

People complaining about airplay when it is mostly the reason why the pop girls serve longevity on the chart… :rip:

And if they removed it they would still complain about how the top 10 doesn't move at all as if streaming ain't the main reason for that. Radio can keep a song afloat for more time, but it doesn't compare to the fraudulence that was what BTS were doing

BTS fans were extremely annoying with the fraudulent multiple weeks at #1. They always earned the debut weeks but the blatant scamming of 10 week #1 Butter, nobody uses that song

Ready to see the fuming BTS stans :lmao:

On 1/15/2022 at 12:09 PM, Cloudy said:

They will probably try to find a way for sure, but they will have to work 10 times harder and we'll see if they can keep up. They were already tired and in shambles during the fraudulence that was Butter, PTD, etc. As physicals goes they would have to be shipped and delivered exactly as they want for them to be counted as they are intended to, which escapes from their control.

It's weird that some people want, what most likely are kids, to literally have such life and go through such stressful situations. It's ot even about the chart positions, some of their fans were literally having meltdowns and attacked by others as if it were a pack of wolves for not being able to meet their quotas. That's simply unhealthy and psychotic and shouldn't be celebrated, it's straight up weird, and Columbia, HYBE and BTS should be ashamed.

Well stans will stress out about anything. But if anything, I think seeing them at #1 gave the stans joy, because they were even more stressed out before when there wasn’t a plan and airplay stopped their songs from going further. 

On 1/14/2022 at 4:28 PM, woohoo said:

BTS about to serve #54-78-99-OUT instead of #1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-10-50-OUT. Oilivia is avenged  

Nah. They will release 10 remixes first week and force billboard to limit remixes as well :dies: 

Can’t wait to sell y’all fuming when they bag another number one :giraffe:

On 1/16/2022 at 11:26 PM, brainmaniac said:

Well stans will stress out about anything. But if anything, I think seeing them at #1 gave the stans joy, because they were even more stressed out before when there wasn’t a plan and airplay stopped their songs from going further. 

That's not a healthy mentality. I'm not saying stans working and supporting their faves is bad, I mean the gays do it to snatch a week at the top 10/20/40 for their pop girls, but this is much more bigger, these young girls are literally becoming slaves for the sake of those boys who don't give a crap about them (or rather their companies).

Having timetables to spend all day streming all the version of the song and videos through VPN or whatever to count for the US i and spending outrageous amounts of money, s not something good and it's borderline deranged.  It's one thing, for example, to buy two standard CDs one for their car and one for home and then a deluxe because that's your fave and want to support them, but buying thosand of copies week after week to throw them to the trash just for the number to count is absolutely crazy (this has been the case in Jpop and Kpop for the longest, but BTS have taken it to then next level; I mean even Korean charts are starting to introduce rules to prevent that kind of crazy behaviour).

We've all seen members of their fandom bullying each other and making young girls feel guilty for not spending enough money or meeting their quota. That's straight up a cult and nothing to praise nor defend. Their own labels straight up encourage those kind of dynamics.

It's fine if you fans want to go a bit extra for let's say a week or something, but doing what they were doing for Butter is insanity.

taylor swift and bts will be effected a lot by this :coffee:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.