• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• drivers license

• Punky Rooster

• Virtual_Insanity

• slw84

9 hours ago, rzal said:

So you think people listening to the song they like on repeat shouldn't count for charts? :rip: 

If people buying the same song they like multiple times shouldn't, listening to it multiple times also shouldn't. What's the difference with the exception that money is spent buying it.

8 hours ago, private radio said:

it IS not, though. streaming services filter it as well :rip:

if anything like the reply below, I don't get the logic because purchasing multiple (not even talking about versions, let's talk about the same digital copy), what is the use of that? people listening to the song on repeat, means they do enjoy it. and it's only up to a certain number of repeats where it would classify as spam (and they have the right to esp when it's repeated on a spam playlist without even listening to the song or on low volume). and quickly, name other acts that benefit from mass buying digital mp3's via the same people? would this concept even exist if it wasn't for charts? :michael:

I believe you can listen to a song 10 times a day on some streaming services and all 10 plays will count towards the chart. So why can't you buy a song 10 times a day? I don't get the logic - if you value a song enough or an artist enough to support them by spending $ on buying their track multiple times, what's the issue? Both ways are easily manipulated - it's just the big 3 or 4 record companies trying to dictate what does and doesn't become a hit again.

7 hours ago, Illuminati said:

Billboard and the music industry

Bike-Fall.jpg

Beating the dead horse that is digital and soon physical sales and then wondering what happened :johnald: If they weren't so corrupt they would go after the ARCHAIC radio charts and tackle the favoritism that is happening there instead of going after a couple of stans actually putting money into the industry

:clap3:

1 hour ago, Punky Rooster said:

I believe you can listen to a song 10 times a day on some streaming services and all 10 plays will count towards the chart. So why can't you buy a song 10 times a day? I don't get the logic - if you value a song enough or an artist enough to support them by spending $ on buying their track multiple times, what's the issue? Both ways are easily manipulated - it's just the big 3 or 4 record companies trying to dictate what does and doesn't become a hit again.

Because the assumption when you buy a song is that you will listen to it several times...in fact one sale is equal to over a THOUSAND listens. Sure both metrics can be manipulated, but its magnitudes easier to fraud your way through pure sales rather than streams. 

8 hours ago, spree said:

Taylor’s too. :fan:

Streaming #1s

Taylor 5

Spotify #1s

Taylor 7

Poor Her. Not everyone can relate to having such limited success in streaming. 

Edited by fridayteenage

34 minutes ago, Literature said:

Because the assumption when you buy a song is that you will listen to it several times...in fact one sale is equal to over a THOUSAND listens. Sure both metrics can be manipulated, but its magnitudes easier to fraud your way through pure sales rather than streams. 

Sales hold more weight as they are sales, not streams. the same way as paid streams hold more weight than free streams - so should paid streams be limited to a certain number as well, as they have a monetary value of some sort? It's just so ridiculous now days, just abolish the charts or let it be a free for all IMO.

12 hours ago, spree said:

All Too Well would have been #1 even with 0 sales so i think she will be fine

On 1/11/2022 at 6:49 PM, Rogue said:

BOTS LOST 

Honey, the next BTS single will be released as physical CD and will destroy the charts.

Butter was released overseas for $25 and sold millions of physical copies. :fan:

20 minutes ago, frenchyisback said:

Honey, the next BTS single will be released as physical CD and will destroy the charts.

Butter was released overseas for $25 and sold millions of physical copies. :fan:

Who cares. BOTS LOST

12 minutes ago, Rogue said:

Who cares. BOTS LOST

LMAO!

Bookmarking this for our next Hot #1 hit. :lakitu:

On 1/12/2022 at 3:50 PM, JustLikeHoney said:

The fact they are doing this for one fan base. 

Is that what you think:coffee2:

15 hours ago, #Beautiful said:

they should scrap the whole chart, billboard has become a joke for a long time now

No it hasn’t just because many of us chart nerds meltdown over things doesn’t mean billboard isn’t credible and is still seen as the standard. Remove your emotions out of it…they are still that girl. 

Rolling Stone thought  she ate:lakitu:

Edited by slw84

On 1/11/2022 at 5:49 PM, Dingdong123 said:

And they introduced it after Butter had it’s undeserved 10 weeks at #1?!

Let's see how they're not single goes without bulk buying being allowed :giraffe:

People mentioning Taylor when her last single went #1 with just streaming alone :ahh: 

On 1/12/2022 at 9:54 AM, spree said:

Taylor has GP support, streaming, and a fan base that isn’t 10,000 people being crowd funded. She’ll be fine. If BTS fans focus on streaming they might be fine. And I personally don’t care if artists release 20 remixes but the crowdfunding is too far. If BTS want to make remixes then fine, almost every pop girl minus Adele and a few others have done it, so can they.  

On 1/12/2022 at 7:55 AM, BTS said:

BTS aren’t gonna stop getting #1s :dies:

They have enough fans that 1 sale per person won’t affect their debuts. 

If anything its just gonna hurt their longevity.  Definitely no more 10 week #1s unless they could combat this with more remixes (:skull:)  & their radioplay has been solid lately.

Sure, but this chart rule change is much better. BTS hitting #1 was never an issue for me but it was their fans' fraudulent ways to get that #1 (i.e. the same 5,000-10,000 people crowd funding and mass buying).

Edited by aesthetic bih

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.