Top Posters In This Topic

• drivers license

• Punky Rooster

• Virtual_Insanity

• slw84

57 minutes ago, ProudLBS said:

they count AIRPLAY yet they're worried about bulk purchases? :lmao:

Mte.

Radios should be ERASED from the Hot 100 formula :deadbanana:.

armys brought this upon themselves, if they only manipulated the charts for a week or two then billboard probably wouldn't have done anything but they chose to do it for like 4 months and even worse they did it during the release of 2 of the biggest hits of the year aka G4U and Stay.. so stupid

#Justice4GOOD4U 

27 minutes ago, Pop culture said:

Physical records still have an intrinsic value, they can be traded or sold after purchase, whereas digital files are just pieces of data.

The charts shouldnt be worried about representing how many copies stans buy with the intent to trade or sell on though. 

1 hour ago, Communion said:

They wimped out not doing it for physical too or at least lowering it to 2. Ain't nobody buying a physical single for themselves and 3 friends. :toofunny2:

They would never do that. Demand for physical editions is increasing to the point where vinyl factories cant keep up with it. Doing a rule change like that could halt a thriving market and potentially end up in losses and people losing jobs.

This rule seems fine, since digital sales are free. This wont stop labels from trying stuff to get #1s or fans spending a lot for it to happen, this will only prevent labels from doing it at $0 cost. It will help the physical market thrive even more and potentially end up in an even better resurgence that the one seen in 2021!

Edited by alestevens

1 hour ago, BTS said:

BTS aren’t gonna stop getting #1s :dies:

They have enough fans that 1 sale per person won’t affect their debuts. 

If anything its just gonna hurt their longevity.  Definitely no more 10 week #1s unless they could combat this with more remixes (:skull:)  & their radioplay has been solid lately.

I don’t think most people care that much about them getting quick frontloaded #1s, it’s when they fraud themselves to 10 weeks at #1 blocking actual smashes like Good 4 U for weeks that it becomes a problem.

The BTS Army is quite resilient though.

I’m sure if they want to, that they can find a way around this and prevail :celestial2:

1 minute ago, brainmaniac said:

The BTS Army is quite resilient though.

I’m sure if they want to, that they can find a way around this and prevail :celestial2:

People always find a way around the new rules !! 

Who was that bulk-buying BTS fan whose picture posted all over ATRL, i wanna see their Twitter posts 

ddf38606fe4e33f6ae08fb27fc634eff6865dc99

Edited by Artistofthedecade

13 minutes ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

OR this ? 

ON HAND Taylor Swift Folklore Alternate Covers, Hobbies & Toys, Music &  Media, Vinyls on Carousell

Red TV debuting with 600k with only 1 version or ATW debuting at #1 with only streams alone showed that Taylor can still do excellent numbers even if they change album rules but BTS won't see the top3 ever again

Edited by Artistofthedecade

8 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Who was that bulk-buying BTS fan whose picture posted all over ATRL, i wanna see their Twitter posts 

Don't think we're allowed to talk about her

36 minutes ago, TheFameCurse said:

Poor swifties :jonnycat:

27 minutes ago, Mania said:

The BoTS, FRArbs, & Swifties reign of chart terrorism is over.

image0.gif

:clap3:

not gonna stop those stan creating multiple dupes over mass buying on website sales. efficient adjument is completely removing individual artists website merchandises and digital stocks, not changed physical copy sales also remain me of AKB first week fiasco that was clown chaotic, however i see nothing will change from here but at least they admit their failures. :clown:

11 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Red TV debuting with 600k with only 1 version or ATW debuting at #1 with only streams alone showed that Taylor can still do excellent numbers even if they change album rules but BTS won't see the top3 ever again

Your blatant LYING is really disturbing at this point. 

Streams, airplay & sales: “All Too Well (Taylor’s Version)” begins with 54.4 million U.S. streams, 286,000 radio airplay audience impressions and 57,800 downloads sold in the Nov. 12-18 tracking week, according to MRC Data.

The song was on sale in its first frame via its 5-minute, 29-second and 10-minute, 13-second versions; clean and acoustic versions of the longer iteration; and its 9-minute, 58-second “Sad Girl Autumn Version – Recorded at Long Pond Studios” (all of which contribute to the title’s chart totals).

Via Billboard. 

It didnt hit number one on "streams only". STOP THE LIES. 

Edited by Virtual_Insanity

They will find a way to circumvent it + they can still bulk-buy physicals  :zzz:

But I guess it's better than there being no change at all.

Edited by G.U.Y_Del_Rey

The policy will not change for physical UPC sales as bulk will continue to be applied using the current standards noted above

What is the point then? They will mass buy physical singles now :doc:

But at least they will make it a little harder for them now

People complaining about airplay when it is mostly the reason why the pop girls serve longevity on the chart… :rip:

1 hour ago, LCTV said:

Listen here you sick twisted chart demon. When I catch you, miss Billboard, I swear to God, I will DRAG YOU, I WILL BEAT YOUR ASS, YOU STUPID *****.

**** you, and all the chart gays who stan you *****. **** you, you ain't deserve ****. hoe. I can't even breathe right now...

Muffled noises Cries

******* hag, that's what you are. NEVER RELEASE CHARTS AGAIN. NEVER. I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOUR ASS, EVER AGAIN. ******* Billboard what is this ****..

:lmao:

1 hour ago, ProudLBS said:

they count AIRPLAY yet they're worried about bulk purchases? :lmao:

Exactly, not to mention multiple streams.

Anything purchased is a purchase, no matter how many times one person purchases something.

Yet again disadvantaging acts who rely on sales to chart that don't get airplay or on the most subscribed to playlists :| 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.