Billboard Introduces Anti-Bulkbuying Rules

BlackoutZone

33 minutes ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

They should do it for physical CDs and Vinyl too. There is as much manipulation there as there was in the singles chart digitally. 

Its a half assed rule change, as usual. 

this

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• drivers license

• Punky Rooster

• Virtual_Insanity

• slw84

5 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

And they count it HEAVILY at that, to the point that Taylor Swift song that's #40 on the radio but N/A on every other platform is #63 in the Hot 100 (just an example, there's many cases like this) :dies:

Yes, and in the other way All too well which is in the top 25 of streaming songs is #55 due to the lack of radio, both songs are so close when one is outstreaming x4 the other one.

quite shocking that this rule wasn't introduced from the very beginning :toofunny3:

Doing this after the digital era is over for like 5 years. Okay.

QueenofCopyPaste
42 minutes ago, Hector said:

Fraud BTS #1's are over :clap3: 

They will still get their #1's , they just need to WORK more harder 

17 minutes ago, conquxror said:

This won’t change anything tbh And even if it did, I’m sure armys would find another way

This. People here are getting way too hopeful, ARMY are incredibly dedicated :michael:

OT: All these useless rule changes and yet they still counting airplay, an EXTREMELY outdated metric for the charts :dies: A joke. 

Edited by Billionaire

46 minutes ago, Communion said:

They wimped out not doing it for physical too or at least lowering it to 2. Ain't nobody buying a physical single for themselves and 3 friends. :toofunny2:

Physical records still have an intrinsic value, they can be traded or sold after purchase, whereas digital files are just pieces of data.

3 minutes ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

They will still get their #1's , they just need to WORK more harder 

They'll still get #1s, but I highly doubt they'll get long multi-week #1s like Butter. It will get too tiring too quickly to keep up the sales now that they'll need to effectively work 4x as hard as they were working before.

Even they have their limits - I remember over the summer they set a goal of getting PTD and Butter as #1 and #2, but they flopped hard and Butter ended up at like #7 :rip: 

43 minutes ago, Armani? said:

They can still buy 1 transaction at a time, BTS fans will still prevail somehow :rip:

TEA :ahh: they have TIME!

5 minutes ago, Pop culture said:

Physical records still have an intrinsic value, they can be traded or sold after purchase, whereas digital files are just pieces of data.

That doesn't change the fact that no one is genuinely buying more than 2 of the same item at once for any purpose besides bulk-buying. 

QueenofCopyPaste

embarrassing for them though

Great! Now can we backtrack? :sistrens:

The meltdown of armys on twitter :bibliahh: if they so sure their fav success is organic then why getting mad over this? Just shows how everything was fraud! But they'll find a way to cheat charts again.

20 minutes ago, storminthedark said:

Watch more and more artists come out with 18 different vinyl variants for their albums since this doesn’t apply to physical sales and end up clogging the plants even more :toofunny2:

you mean like this?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRPCWHWtBinMwQNrOAuJjc

Listen here you sick twisted chart demon. When I catch you, miss Billboard, I swear to God, I will DRAG YOU, I WILL BEAT YOUR ASS, YOU STUPID *****.

**** you, and all the chart gays who stan you *****. **** you, you ain't deserve ****. hoe. I can't even breathe right now...

Muffled noises Cries

******* hag, that's what you are. NEVER RELEASE CHARTS AGAIN. NEVER. I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOUR ASS, EVER AGAIN. ******* Billboard what is this ****..

41 minutes ago, Valentine said:

And blocked Levitating :weeps:

That was Bruno & Anderson Paak :1stplace:

14 minutes ago, Immaculate said:

GAYLE nation population 3k twitter followers won :jonny5:

Reveal hidden contents

Win after win for Gayle this week @Bloodflowers. @Jimi :WAP:

GAYLE organic units only :clap3:

55 minutes ago, Dingdong123 said:

And they introduced it after Butter had it’s undeserved 10 weeks at #1?!

literally a slap on MJ's face tbh

30 minutes ago, shelven said:

About ******* time :deadbanana4: Still unfortunate that Butter's blatantly manipulated 10 weeks at #1 will forever be a stain on the Hot 100's credibility, but it's good that Billboard finally owned up to how much of a joke it was.

They didnt "own up" to anything. Normani had four versions of her single on her website also. Which you could have all bought four copies for a total of 16. Just cos no one bought it doesnt mean it wasnt on offer.  The rules were THE SAME for EVERYBODY then and they will be the same for everybody now. 

Edited by Virtual_Insanity

The mental gymnastics defending BTS and their Armpits still :skull: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.