Billboard Introduces Anti-Bulkbuying Rules

BlackoutZone

Finally :jonny5: it'd gotten ridiculous! I wonder which tricks will be used now :matty:

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• drivers license

• Punky Rooster

• Virtual_Insanity

• slw84

So now artists who relied on bulk buying will just drop more useless versions and remixes to compensate. And fans will just use different transactions (or is that tracked too?) 

Edited by Torturo

But is this for all versions? I mean only counts 1 purchase overall or 1 per version? Because in the second case the bulk buying is going to continue 

They're really TRYING to make numbers trash. Still can't believe the rules they instated around physical pre-orders in 2020.

If they don't add remixes/physicals do this rule, it won't really change anything tbh.

23 minutes ago, Dingdong123 said:

And they introduced it after Butter had it’s undeserved 10 weeks at #1?!

! :bibliahh: like whats the point now 

oh well army meltdowns incoming :clap3: 

3 minutes ago, JorgeM said:

But is this for all versions? I mean only counts 1 purchase overall or 1 per version? Because in the second case the bulk buying is going to continue 

I mean they are addressing changing 4 limit to 1 so I think this is 1 per version since before it was 4 per version. So yeah this will just cause more remixes to drop

This won’t change anything tbh And even if it did, I’m sure armys would find another way

22 minutes ago, ProudLBS said:

they count AIRPLAY yet they're worried about bulk purchases? :lmao:

And they count it HEAVILY at that, to the point that Taylor Swift song that's #40 on the radio but N/A on every other platform is #63 in the Hot 100 (just an example, there's many cases like this) :dies:

16 minutes ago, Valentine said:

And blocked Levitating :weeps:

Silk Sonic blocked Levitating 

ban 39 cent singles

ban the Trillion remixes and version of one song

Do the same rules ti everything, digital and physical. 

About ******* time :deadbanana4: Still unfortunate that Butter's blatantly manipulated 10 weeks at #1 will forever be a stain on the Hot 100's credibility, but it's good that Billboard finally owned up to how much of a joke it was.

Watch more and more artists come out with 18 different vinyl variants for their albums since this doesn’t apply to physical sales and end up clogging the plants even more :toofunny2:

BTS really fucked it up for everyone :rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.