Survivor: ATRL Edition (Season 12) | WINNER REVEALED!

rl231

On 3/24/2022 at 8:21 AM, khalyan said:

Howdy y’all :heart:  I want to start my questions off by saying my mind is not made up yet and a lot of the responses here have left me more confused and not provided the clarity needed. 

@Rotunda @Acetone both of you have said my number 1 survivor pet peeve during these final questions.  Something along the lines of “I know I made people mad but I hope they look objectively at my game to vote for me to win.”   I personally believe having good relationships with the jury is a part of playing a good Survivor game, and was a part of the game both of you did not do well at.  Why is this?

@Rotundayou can see in Ace’s testimony that he created a plan to get you out (after my conversation about thinking you’re a threat) and I squashed it.  Why was that not enough for you to believe that I wanted to take you really far in this game?

@AcetoneWhy did you eventually switch to work with Rotunda, someone who played a better game both socially and in challenges?  You could have continued to work with me, someone you were beating consistently in challenges and that would have lead to you being better set up in the final 3.

@Red LightI’ll be honest, I have been planning on voting for you to win UNTIL these interviews and I have felt your answers have been consistently weak compared to the other two.  I was thrown off by saying you played a strong social game - you and I nearly never talked and

the time I reached out to you, you could barely carry the conversation.  What am I missing that made you such a good social player?

Hey! I want to truly apologize with how I handled things when you were eliminated. I really felt connected with you and I wanted to explain myself, but I felt like if I did so during the game it would blow up in my face. After the rock draw you asked me who was the fourth vote even though I knew you knew it was Rotunda, and I thought you were doing so to get me to say it was Rotunda so that you could go to him and say that I sold him out as a last ditch effort.

For your first question, I think I did have a great relationship in game with a good amount of the jury members, and in other cases I made an effort to reach out and form bonds. I really made an effort to reach out to everyone continually throughout the game, and I think I connected with multiple people on a deeper level than the game. I made it my goal to have at least one good conversation with everyone, even the players outside of my alliances. I know that I stepped on some toes but at the same time I really did make some strong and meaningful connections. I also tried to connect with everyone and not just write anyone off. I know that you and I have discussed how it could be challenging to communicate with some players, but I was still reaching out and trying to connect round after round.

I really enjoyed working with you and getting close to you, but I switched to work with Rotunda because 1) I felt like I was getting mixed signals from you that round, 2) I thought that I would not make it to the end if Red Light went that round, and 3) I felt that I had more wiggle room in doing so. You came to me first expressing that you wanted Rotunda out, yet when I continued the conversation and suggested a potential plan to do so, you didn't go for it and pushed for Red Light instead. At that point in the game I knew that Red Light was 100% loyal to me and didn't really have other options other than to be loyal to me. He didn't really even talk to you, while you could have gone with almost anyone left in the running. I knew you wanted Red Light, Opulent, and Rotunda out, and that would leave me, you, fais, Anvarie, and BLAD. That made me uneasy as that would be taking out all of my main allies left besides you/fais, and while you and fais could go back to the other OG Baltoros, I thought that would isolate me. If Red Light went, then you could join a majority of you, fais, Anvarie, and BLAD, and while you may have planned on flipping back to me and voting one or two of them out, that was not an ideal situation for me as it was way more unpredictable and I would have been the odd man out. While I may have an easier time in the final 3, it would be much harder to get there. I felt going with Red Light and Opulent, who both were extremely loyal to me and solid numbers, along with Rotunda, who would be targeted before me (and Opulent/Red Light would be targeted before me too), was the better option for my game as I had a better shot making it to the end with them.

Then, after we all made it through the rock draw, I felt that a line was drawn in the sand, and it would be hard to go back to how it was before that vote. I had already voted for you at that point, so while we had the alliance with fais and Red Light, I didn't think it had much longevity. I felt like our games were going in different directions. Maybe we would have gotten through one or two votes, but I thought you would eventually seek revenge. I also thought that you could reveal a lot of information that could get me targeted since we were so close and talked at length about strategy all the time.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Element

• rl231

• Ya Ya

• Anvarie

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/24/2022 at 9:39 AM, Rotunda said:

A- You quite literally were not, and the other players have indicated as much. Khalyan said explicitly that Opulent was the one to win during the live tribal. Majority Rules explicitly listed me as the biggest threat to win. Red Light said that I was the one to win. You wanted to sit next to Opulent at the end despite being told he was overall a larger threat. That is a flaw in your game. 

B-  Again, this is revisionist history. You didn't have to do much to survive until the degradation of Baltoro, because you legitimately weren't even on the radar for us. You're framing this as if you played some scrappy underdog game, when really from the early merge Khalyan, Fais, and I knew we were going to jump shift after cutting a few of the Non-Baltoros, which we did. 

C- Again, the fact that your ride or die was considered to be a bigger threat than you indicates a flaw in your game. A shield, by definition, is not someone who you bring to Final 3. It's someone who you use to cover your back until they're no longer useful and then you cut them. If you bring a shied to the Final 3, the shield wins. 

D- You keep saying that you exploited cracks. "To exploit" is a verb and assumes that you engaged in an active process. Again, there were minimal cracks for you to exploit because the core of OG Baltoro already decided that we didn't want to simply go to the end with all Baltoro. You have yet to outline a moment of strategic mastermind-level thinking that can't be attributed to other players than actually materialized in this game. In contrast, I told Anvarie we were going to get Opulent out at F5, I made the decision to leak khalyan/fais's plan to you so that we could go to rocks and y'all could stand a chance in this game. By your own admission, your game ends early merge without my labor, and it's not because you were scrappy and exploited me or anyone else. It's because I from the jump decided that I was going to play a cutthroat game in the post-merge and break up the monotony of one tribe dominating, so that I could prove that I could control the game no matter which alliance I was in. 

E- Exactly you failed to execute a plan to get me out despite the fact that I was already the biggest threat. This isn't new information that you thought of getting me out; most players should have thought of it. The issue is that you lacked the social capital to execute your plans, which is why while I am sitting in the very Final 3 I wanted, you are sitting here with me instead of Opulent (who again, was a bigger threat). In contrast, anyone who I tried to send home got sent home, period, full stop. 

F- I've said this already 3 times but my goal was never to pick your brain in order to decide whether to keep your or not. It was solely to see what was going to be in your opening statement. My decision to cut Anvarie had everything to do with my convos with Anvarie, and nothing to do with whatever mind tricks you think you played on me. Similarly, based on the jury questions so far, it appears that I didn't miscalculate, because many of them have highlighted how much of a threat I was 

G/H- I scored a perfect ten too, it's presumptive and borderline condescending to frame yourself as this challenge beast that nobody could match up to when almost a third of the cast overperformed you during the season. This notion that you were basically top dog whenever you decided to not throw challenges is confusing especially when the season record shows that several of us were able to actually show our true challenge strength and still slay the season. 

On 3/24/2022 at 9:44 AM, Rotunda said:

Taking out Opulent makes sense for you because Opulent was considered by several players to be the stronger competitor, which was already indicated to you earlier in the season. And once again, the fact that you tried to get me out but couldn't put together a legitimate effort indicates that your social capital was weaker than mine, because I made sure that every person I wanted out left. 

This Glacier argument is borderline absurd. "I had to make a strategic decision at the Glacier" is not an argument because literally everyone had to. Everyone made a strategic decision because the very underlying premise of the Glacier. This notion that you have to spin whatever decision you made as an example of higher level strategy is ludicrous because again, this was not a unique feature to your game or even half of the players' games. The fact that you lost your vote is not a good thing, nor is the fact that you had to navigate the ramifications of a choice you made with full awareness of what would happen. We all made the same choices every round. 

The fact that the idol had to be played that round is the very reason why the information wasn't useful. Y'all were fucked either way that round, and I was never going to give up a spot at the Final 4 and play the idol on someone else, especially with a puzzle challenge coming up. 

On 3/24/2022 at 10:08 AM, Rotunda said:

A- Simply repeating something doesn't make it true. You were scooped into a majority alliance that formed because the Baltoro players knew we weren't going to advance as one cohesive group. The connotation around exploit makes it seem as though you planted the seeds to manipulate our decisionmaking processes when in actually the full intent of all of us was to simply align with the Non-Baltoros we didn't feel the need to target after the first few tribals. Did you talk to us? Yes, that's the foundation for every alliance. But I don't consider you a major strategic force this season, especilaly considering the lack of specifics you've been able to isolate surrounding post-merge moves you spearheaded that changed the direction of the game. 

B- I'll let the other players weigh in on whether or not they were enamored by your challenge prowess, but personally I always saw the challenge competitors as me, Anvarie, and Opulent, and I felt like you failed to make important strides in winning post-merge immunities after the first couple of rounds. Beyond that, using pre-merge immunities as "wins" is a bit misleading because those are relative to your tribe vs. a holistic look at who did the best overall. The simple fact is that I spent the bulk of the season on top of the leaderboard, and claimed 4 post-merge individual immunities, slayed the premerge challenges, and directly worked to make sure that Baltoro score averages always trumped the other two tribes. The fact that you were sometimes the best competitor on the less competitive tribes does not hold the same weight, which is why I prefer to look at the overall leaderboard. 

C- Again your failure to get me out highlights that you didn't have the social capital or strategic power to get rid of me despite the fact that I was already framed as one of the biggest threats. 

D- no, we were not equal players on the khalyan flip. I could have easily decided to just cut you all off and side with Khalyan/Fais. I was the one who explained to y'all that Red Light was in danger, it was me who put their majority on their line to ensure that you and Red Light even made into F6. You had no other options at this point because you knew it was the only way to secure your majority. I was the one taking the much bigger risk and I was the one who made it possible. Yes everyone votes, but the F8 rock draw was totally predicated on someone flipping and that was ME. Either way, this notion that I didn't have to overcome adversity is annoying because it makes it sound like I just fell into some privileged position in this game and reaped the spoils. I was the main person on OG Baltoro helping everyone send songs so that we could have a majority going into the merge. That was hard word. Period. I found the advantages and tools that I needed so that I could deploy them in case I was ever in danger. I shouldn't be attacked for being a good enough social player to where I could flip people or flip between sides, hell I flipped Samsom to my side even before the merge started. I took every opportunity to make my game better, and if you or Red Light were as good social players as you say, y'all should have been able to navigate different alliances the same way I did and been able to play with as much flexibility as I did. Playing the game right isn't a negative, and being an underdog isn't necessarily a positive. It may make for a better narrative, but it doesn't mean you played the better game. 

E- I'm not going to pretend like you didn't make connections with Khalyan and other players, but quite literally the bar was very low considering how little social interaction was happening on the merge tribe. This notion that you were in a perilous position and pulled off something impossible by "exploiting" situations and navigating the game in shocking ways is just an opinion contrary to fact. 

And I was listed as the hero of the season in the Majority Rules challenge, so let's not act like you were the only one that received a title in that challenge that framed you as a target yet still made it to the end. Why would people want to go to the end with someone named Hero of the season? Yet here I am. Same logic as your "why would people not vote me out if i was named ____ of the season." Also, you keep citing things others have said as fact and key evidence for your case when they were said in a game where lying is a key function. Answers like that during the live tribal while the game is being played are often answered with a calculated angle as well and isn't necessarily the truth. Just because one player says one thing in one competition does not make it gospel either. You trying to frame me as some coattail riding player who was at the mercy of the big dogs is not accurate. I was strategizing, scheming, and forming alliances as much or more than others, and actively contributing to the alliances I was in. I sniffed out who the other power players besides me were, and I got close to them. I was a perceptive player and used that to my advantage. It is revisionist history to say that I was not a big threat.

You are acting like wanting Opulent with me is some huge flaw, but I don't think it would be a huge blowout win for Opulent, I think I would have a real chance at winning in that scenario. I viewed myself at the same wavelength of gameplay (or higher) as Opulent in regards to strategy, and I think I was more social as I reached out to every player to form connections with. I do not think I am "beneath" Opulent. Also, as I have mentioned, we had a goal to get me, Opulent, and Red Light to the final three since there were so many Baltoros on the jury that we thought it would mean an automatic win if a Baltoro got to final three. So while you keep repeating that it was a flaw, it made sense for my game. Khalyan also said at one point late merge that they still had never had a one on one conversation with Opulent, so how could Opulent be that big of a threat to overlook something like that? (Nothing but love for Opulent)

Saying I didn't have to do much to survive is also invalidating. Why do you think that I wasn't on the radar? because I put in WORK. I aimed to better my position with each conversation I had. I was in a public spat with Gemini pre-merge where I was called out for the entire cast to see, yet I was able to do damage control and I actually attracted allies (Red Light) with how I responded. I also was publicly called out again by khalyan after the live round well into jury phase. I had khalyan as well as BLAD as connections from working together on the swapped Puanu tribe. I was discussing working with Marvin before he was eliminated. Kayseri and I stepped on each others toes at the glacier, yet he never took a shot at me and we talked about working together. I was talking to fais and Anvarie since the beginning of the game and had bonds built up over time. Samsom and Ampersand too, I reached out and we agreed to work together. I made sure my bases were covered from all angles. It is amazing what being cordial with everyone and just simply reaching out to say hi can do. While making so many allies usually overlaps and blows up in people's faces, I managed to get through to the end without people realizing it until it was too late. 

While luck was involved in my game as well as everyone else's, I set myself up well. I think it is very narrow of you to say that I didn't have to fight for my life in the game, and that you were planning to come along and rescue me the whole time like I was a damsel in distress so it doesn't matter that I had a part in the flip. I was by definition an underdog ever since the first merge vote, being in the minority until final 5 when Opulent, Red light, and I finally regained the majority. The Baltoros would have to turn on each other eventually, so while you/khalyan/fais got to it first, it is not some groundbreaking spectacle that you did so, because someone was going to sooner or later.

"if you bring a shield to the final 3, the shield wins" Not necessarily! As I have said above, I think I am at least on the same level of playing field as Opulent, was connected to more people, and could explain myself well in the final three.

I still exploited the cracks, no matter how much you want to say it doesn't count because you wanted to flip all along. It was infiltrating the cracks. I, as a player on the bottom, got close with members from the majority alliance, and was able to move forward with them instead of them moving forward with people from their primary alliance. No matter the reasoning, that's what it was... Did you tell the other Baltoros straight up that you were going to flip on them? You told Anvarie you were going back on your word at final 4, but other than that? The other Baltoros were under the impression that you were working with them when you flipped on them. From a viewer standpoint I think they would consider it that. But enough dwelling on semantics, it is not just random why I am here right now. I also did push for Red Light to be included in the 6 alliance when it was originally looking like he was going to be excluded and it was just me and Opulent.

Here are some things I have done: (its now 7 am and i didn't go to sleep at all so this section might be a little sloppy lmao)

- plan to flip on you by having me, khalyan, Opulent and Red Light vote you while you and fais vote for Anvarie or BLAD and Anvarie/BLAD vote for one of me/Opulent/RL

- flip on khalyan once they wouldn't flip on you - someone had to go and it wasn't going to be me or Red Light or Opulent

- tell you about Khalyan coming to me to get you out to further solidify a wedge between you and khalyan

- push Red Light and Opulent to reach out to khalyan and build a bond so khalyan would trust us all down the line

- played the dumb card saying stupid things and saying I was high/drunk, throwing challenges to lower my target visibility

- Flip the vote on Eros hours before the vote is due by rallying Venus, Opulent, Golden, and Harmonizer

- trick my way into the last glacier of the season to prevent the other side from gaining an advantage

- use game info such as advantages and that I lost my vote to leverage a better position in the game

- act as a voice in the alliance chats to keep people on track with the plan "we need this or we are screwed" "we need to take this leap of faith" etc

- saw the signs of being flipped on (fais and khalyan acting sus in the round they voted for Red Light)

- telling BLAD and Anvarie that the other one was getting the votes that round so they would maybe vote for each other

- got khalyan and fais to vote for Rotunda instead of voting for me with Anvarie in case an idol was played

- a ******* cliff couldn't eliminate me

First it was that I made no attempt to get you out, now it's that my attempt failed. You keep moving the goalpost after finding out more information lol. I got out players that I wanted to as well, like Eros and Kayseri. My options were limited, as I couldn't trust bringing up flipping on you to BLAD/Anvarie, and khalyan backed off already so I didn't think fais would be on board. I worked with the hand I was dealt and it paid off because I made it to the final three.

I wasn't playing some Jedi level mind tricks on you, but for you to use that as your reasoning or think that I was going to give you my real opening statement is pretty mind boggling. Of course I was downplaying myself to make you more likely to take me. It would be idiotic for me to tell you my strengths and why I should win and then expect you to not vote me out.

Just because you had a different approach does not make my approach to the challenges invalid. I did what I did, and I'm still standing, so it worked for me. People were being identified as challenge threats in multiple conversations I was involved in this season, and I intentionally made not great but not terrible song choices so I wouldn't be identified as a challenge threat either. Plus, I still scored in the top 9 overall this season average and top 5 post merge, so those aren't too bad of scores anyways if you want to get worked up about averages and insist that it was so important. I also won immunity at important times and it gave me more freedom to be more bold in my actions that round.

It was useful to know that you had an idol. It was the last round it could be played and it was known that you had an idol, so we did not vote for you. It is unlikely that you would play it on Anvarie, but in the off chance you thought of some big brain move to show how good you were and played it on Anvarie, you were told that we were trying to get you out to ensure you played it on yourself. It is not some bombshell thing that you were going to play it on yourself, what we did was just a precaution...

yes, everyone had to make a decision at the glacier, but there was nuance to every decision, and it had a lasting effect on the game. It is the reason why I was gunning for Kayseri. Do you play it safe, do you risk it, do you bluff, do you take the opportunity to connect with people not on your tribe you otherwise wouldn't be talking to? It is really daft to say that nothing counts with the glacier because everyone had to go. What was the point of it then? It is a good thing that I lost my vote, because it prevented an opposing player from getting an advantage and they lost their vote too. It also shows my prowess how I maneuvered around losing my vote. I also made connections with fais and Anvarie there.

It is bs to say that we were not equal, you could have decided to cut me but you DIDN'T. This "I came from the majority so I'm better at the game than you and you were at my mercy and I could have gone back at any second so you're really not good and nothing you did counts, your social game sucks and nothing you said ever influenced me" schtick is bullshit and condescending as hell. I was the one who told you that khalyan was gunning for you. You will probably say something like "Well everyone should have been gunning for me, so that information is not relevant" lmao. I tried my damndest to be social with everyone, but some would just not reply at all or give one word answers. I still can say that I made a personal connection at one point with everyone on the jury. I helped my tribe find songs too, and khalyan can vouch for that as khalyan also put in a lot of effort to help the tribe with me. I was able to flip votes too and navigate through different alliances, so that's not really a one up on me. But on the contrary to your argument, I should not be punished for realizing my place on the totem pole and doing what I need to make it higher. I played with flexibility, but in a different way. I was ready to vote people out that I was aligned with, such as Eros, dweebz, Gemini, Ampersand, fais, khalyan, and to an extent Anvarie. I was ready to make an alliance with anyone, and if there was a flip happening I was on board. If you were planning on flipping all along and it doesn't matter who you flipped to, does that make you a good player or did you just go through the motions arbitrarily?

On 3/24/2022 at 11:55 AM, khalyan said:

@Acetoneit seems apparent that you fabricated a lot of lies in order to advance yourself in this game.  Which is a valid strategy!  But why are you not owning up to those lies and are proud of what you accomplished?  

Hey :) I don't know if I would say that I'm not owning up to lying? I'm not denying that I lied a lot and I will definitely own it. Lying is a huge part of this game and I embraced it. Sorry if my responses do not convey that so far. I think that I was a very opportunistic player. I would set myself up for a bunch of different scenarios, weigh them out, and decide which one was the best for me to move forward with. I didn't know if it would be sustainable, but I tried to make alliances with as many people as possible. I knew with that I would have to lie to people as I couldn't please everyone. For example on the swapped Puanu tribe, I set myself and Venus up in two alliances: One with you and BLAD, and one with Gemini and dweebz. In both I agreed to work/vote together, but obviously could only go forward with one and ended up going with you and BLAD over the other alliance. I ended up going back on my word promising to work with Gemini. Before the swap, I similarly double booked myself with Golden/Venus/Opuent and Harmonizer, but was able to get past that by getting Eros out at an opportune time and then we swapped before going to tribal again. 

I lied when we were on Puanu and it was my second time at the glacier. I know BLAD wanted to go but I lied and was like "oh sorry I didn't realize you wanted to go" because I needed that power in case we had to go to tribal again. It would have been a tie of you and BLAD vs me and Venus without that power. I knew it was related to voting since Harmonizer got it the round before and shared it with me. At the glacier that round I also put on an Oscar performance (Anvarie's words lol) about how I really needed it and I was the next one to go and I thought my song was going to bomb in hopes that the others would not risk their votes.

I lied in the round where you voted Red Light and I voted you - I pretended like I was voting Anvarie and tried to get you to do vote the way you said you would

I lied about not losing my vote and then started telling everyone individually as a way to build trust once I won immunity that round. 

I lied a lot of times when talking to people about voting, saying I would vote one way but really vote the other.

I lied to you and fais and made you think I was voting out Rotunda with you, while instead I voted you both out consecutively. This is because we already went against each other in the last vote where rocks ended up being drawn, and I didn't know if there was coming back from that but I pretended to go along with the alliance so you wouldn't aim for me. I also lied and said I'd never betray you.

I lied to Anvarie and convinced him to vote out Red Light and made him think I was also voting out Red Light. This was just to be safe to prevent a tie in case Rotunda voted for me and Anvarie voted for me. Anvarie told me that Rotunda was trying to get him to vote me out.

If there are any other situations where I lied and you think I am not owning it please let me know as I'd love to go through that. It was a long game and those above are just some examples, I lied a lot :dies: I am definitely proud of what I have accomplished and if I lied less I probably wouldn't be sitting here now.

On 3/24/2022 at 2:38 PM, Anvarie said:

All 3 finalists explain in your own words why you should NOT win. additionally if you could not vote for yourself to win, of the final3, who would you vote for?

I shouldn't win because I unfortunately had to burn a lot of players in the process of getting to the finals. You, as well as khalyan, fais, Ampersand, and maybe Kayseri/BLAD have all been burned by me, and that is just on the jury. I can see why you all would be apprehensive to vote for me because of that, and I'm flat out sorry. I compartmentalized for this game, I promise I am not a manipulative lying monster in my daily life!!! I just knew the territory that comes with the game and played the cards I was dealt to my best ability. I am sorry for hurting you all and I hope we can talk after the game.

I'd go in planning on voting for Red Light as we were ride or dies in the game and would hope he would vote for me if he didn't make the final 3, but after seeing Red Light's answers to the jury questions I'd consider voting for Rotunda instead.

On 3/24/2022 at 8:07 PM, Opulent said:

First of all, congrats to the final 3! You guys clearly put your heart and soul into this game, and you deserve to be here. No matter who wins, you should all be proud of making it to the very end, y'all did amazing. 
2WEQg.gif

As for questions, I only have one individual one

1. @Rotunda Just out of curiosity, were you always planning on turning on me at 5, or did what went down during the live round influence your decision?

And then a question for the 3 of you: 

2. If you were able to go back in time, is there anything you would do differently? Ie. votes, alliances, power plays, lies, etc. @Acetone@Rotunda@Red Light

Hey! There are a few things I might do differently.

- First off, the Gemini/dweebz vote outs. I know Gemini was actively throwing me under the bus, but I think I could have sucked it up for another round or two and then cut them at the merge. I think it would be a different story for the endgame and solve a lot of our problems being in the minority for almost all of the merge.

- Save my idol instead of playing it when I found it - Red Light had an advantage that made fake idols real and that was a missed opportunity

- I should have thrown the Dueling Duos challenge and gone to tribal. We still would have had the majority, Marvin wouldn't be there to steal a vote, and I would have been able to vote the next round when we really needed it.

- AVOID THAT CLIFF!!!

- Work more on my relationships with Ampersand, Kayseri, Samsom, Anvarie, fais, BLAD, and Marvin. Especially Samsom, if I connected more I could have possibly stopped him from flipping.

- Take advantage of the alliance with me, fais, khalyan, and Red Light and use it to vote out Rotunda

1 hour ago, Acetone said:

And I was listed as the hero of the season in the Majority Rules challenge, so let's not act like you were the only one that received a title in that challenge that framed you as a target yet still made it to the end. Why would people want to go to the end with someone named Hero of the season? Yet here I am. Same logic as your "why would people not vote me out if i was named ____ of the season." Also, you keep citing things others have said as fact and key evidence for your case when they were said in a game where lying is a key function. Answers like that during the live tribal while the game is being played are often answered with a calculated angle as well and isn't necessarily the truth. Just because one player says one thing in one competition does not make it gospel either. You trying to frame me as some coattail riding player who was at the mercy of the big dogs is not accurate. I was strategizing, scheming, and forming alliances as much or more than others, and actively contributing to the alliances I was in. I sniffed out who the other power players besides me were, and I got close to them. I was a perceptive player and used that to my advantage. It is revisionist history to say that I was not a big threat.

1) I can’t speak for the others, but I voted you as hero solely because of your injury on the cliff and coming back into the game, rather than for a gameplay reason. 

2) even if you don’t believe in the answers from “Majority Rules,” several people in this jury have legitimately spoken up to ask you why you went to the end with a bigger threat or called me a bigger threat. Red Light also just spent half of their last answer essentially stating that I deserve to win, so I don’t really think this is valid. 

3) You definitely contributed in alliances and held important conversations and I don’t want to take that away from you, but the simple fact is that you weren’t a strategic leader, which is further evident by why your effort to get me out failed. I think you played an effective under the radar game where you managed your threat level, and I see the value in that, and it’s part of the reason why I’d vote for you to win if I could vote for myself, but I simply think you’ve exaggerated your impact at several points during these answers and don’t think anything said here by the other jurors indicates that you were seen as a big threat, at least by the ones asking questions. 

You are acting like wanting Opulent with me is some huge flaw, but I don't think it would be a huge blowout win for Opulent, I think I would have a real chance at winning in that scenario. I viewed myself at the same wavelength of gameplay (or higher) as Opulent in regards to strategy, and I think I was more social as I reached out to every player to form connections with. I do not think I am "beneath" Opulent. Also, as I have mentioned, we had a goal to get me, Opulent, and Red Light to the final three since there were so many Baltoros on the jury that we thought it would mean an automatic win if a Baltoro got to final three. So while you keep repeating that it was a flaw, it made sense for my game. Khalyan also said at one point late merge that they still had never had a one on one conversation with Opulent, so how could Opulent be that big of a threat to overlook something like that? (Nothing but love for Opulent)

We can agree to disagree here. I think Opulent was a bigger threat than you to win, and other jurors thought the same. Khalyan explicitly told you. I will let the jurors come to their own decision here, but I do believe that you believe that you made the right decision. I just simply think the logic is wrong, and often times, that failure to know who to put in their F3 should factor into whether or not they win or lose. 

Saying I didn't have to do much to survive is also invalidating. Why do you think that I wasn't on the radar? because I put in WORK. I aimed to better my position with each conversation I had. I was in a public spat with Gemini pre-merge where I was called out for the entire cast to see, yet I was able to do damage control and I actually attracted allies (Red Light) with how I responded. I also was publicly called out again by khalyan after the live round well into jury phase. I had khalyan as well as BLAD as connections from working together on the swapped Puanu tribe. I was discussing working with Marvin before he was eliminated. Kayseri and I stepped on each others toes at the glacier, yet he never took a shot at me and we talked about working together. I was talking to fais and Anvarie since the beginning of the game and had bonds built up over time. Samsom and Ampersand too, I reached out and we agreed to work together. I made sure my bases were covered from all angles. It is amazing what being cordial with everyone and just simply reaching out to say hi can do. While making so many allies usually overlaps and blows up in people's faces, I managed to get through to the end without people realizing it until it was too late.

I can’t speak for what happened pre-merge and I am happy to accept that you surpassed those obstacles. I also agree with you that you were probably the best conversationalist of the season. In terms of strategic alliances, we both essentially worked with everyone this season and got away with it (the primary difference being that I was in a majority alliance every cycle). I think my only point would be that we did so from different positions. I managed to do it while being one of the most established threats all season, and you managed to do it while being in the minority at the start of the merge. Both have merit and it’s up to the jury to think of which is more compelling. My argument to say that I was always going to flip on OG Baltoro was mainly an attempt to reinforce that you were not in extreme danger during the early merge so the underdog dynamic is not as striking as it may seem on paper (or in a write-up from a first person perspective), which I think lends more credence to the fact that me managing to be in control all season regardless of who I worked with or what target I had is more impressive, but again, that’s just my perspective. I just think it’s a bit “I want to have my cake and eat it too” moment to assert in some aspects of this post that you were a clear threat and underdog and to assert in areas that you weren’t targeted because you stayed under the radar. Realistically, I think that my response to a different question earlier where I justify voting for you if I lose is a more accurate assessment - you were a good well rounded player and around the 5th most visible player/threat of the post-merge.

While luck was involved in my game as well as everyone else's, I set myself up well. I think it is very narrow of you to say that I didn't have to fight for my life in the game, and that you were planning to come along and rescue me the whole time like I was a damsel in distress so it doesn't matter that I had a part in the flip. I was by definition an underdog ever since the first merge vote, being in the minority until final 5 when Opulent, Red light, and I finally regained the majority. The Baltoros would have to turn on each other eventually, so while you/khalyan/fais got to it first, it is not some groundbreaking spectacle that you did so, because someone was going to sooner or later.

The people that left before the degradation of Baltoro were 2 people I never talked to one-on-one (and who weren’t talking to others), and someone Baltoro had wanted out since before the merge even started. That’s really all I’m saying. My point is that you weren’t even in distress to be a damsel in distress during the early merge, but I will definitely say that you being social made it much easier for Baltoro to want to keep you over the less active players who we knew we’d never be able to align with. 

This notion that you were an underdog until Final 5 literally isn’t true because we were in a majority alliance together for the Kayseri vote :rip:

And sorry yes, it is relevant that we broke up OG Baltoro because the other players intended to be loyal to it. You’ve seen Survivor, you know what a pagonging is, you know how many seasons it happens in. Flips keep the game dynamic. Regardless, I haven’t even framed flipping on Kayseri as one of my biggest moves, just an example of how I played a fluid game and kept myself in position to win. 

2 hours ago, Acetone said:

I still exploited the cracks, no matter how much you want to say it doesn't count because you wanted to flip all along. It was infiltrating the cracks. I, as a player on the bottom, got close with members from the majority alliance, and was able to move forward with them instead of them moving forward with people from their primary alliance. No matter the reasoning, that's what it was... Did you tell the other Baltoros straight up that you were going to flip on them? You told Anvarie you were going back on your word at final 4, but other than that? The other Baltoros were under the impression that you were working with them when you flipped on them. From a viewer standpoint I think they would consider it that. But enough dwelling on semantics, it is not just random why I am here right now. I also did push for Red Light to be included in the 6 alliance when it was originally looking like he was going to be excluded and it was just me and Opulent.

I get that we’re going into a very annoying semantics debate over the use of an active word like exploit, so I’m not going to repeat it another time. I think you played very well socially and that you did work to ensure you were on good terms with Baltoro and were included in the new alliance, I also just think we already had our eyes on who to get out before we flipped, so you weren’t in a perilous state prior to that new alliance forming. That’s all I’m trying to establish. 

What does me being able to blindside people have to do with you, I’m legitimately confused by this line of questioning? No I didn’t tell Kayseri/BLAD I was flipping on Baltoro. Anvarie was aware that I was flipping on Baltoro and was aware I was cutting them at F4. Fais/Khalyan were not tipped off about the rock draw - which I explain in my answer to Fais.

I also wanted Red Light in that alliance I just hadn’t been able to talk to the others about it yet, because I think someone didn’t include Red Light in one those initial discussions. 

Here are some things I have done: (its now 7 am and i didn't go to sleep at all so this section might be a little sloppy lmao)

- plan to flip on you by having me, khalyan, Opulent and Red Light vote you while you and fais vote for Anvarie or BLAD and Anvarie/BLAD vote for one of me/Opulent/RL

-

- saw the signs of being flipped on (fais and khalyan acting sus in the round they voted for Red Light)

I can’t speak for a lot of things, and some of the things in the original list are barely “things” but I did want to respond to a few statements. 

- A failed plan is not a move. Getting me out would be a move. Trying to get me out and failing just proves that I was big threat to you that you couldn’t vanquish. 

- I was the one that told you Fais/Khalyan were voting RL and that we were going to rocks to save yall. Whatever writing you saw on whatever metaphorical walls that existed did not materialize into an actual plan until I said what was going down. You never reached out to me about it, I reached out to y’all. 

First it was that I made no attempt to get you out, now it's that my attempt failed. You keep moving the goalpost after finding out more information lol. I got out players that I wanted to as well, like Eros and Kayseri. My options were limited, as I couldn't trust bringing up flipping on you to BLAD/Anvarie, and khalyan backed off already so I didn't think fais would be on board. I worked with the hand I was dealt and it paid off because I made it to the final three.

I mean obviously there’s a distinction between the two because it looks worse if you never try to get me out, but yes…the fact that you’re sitting in the F3 with someone you thought was a big threat and someone you failed to successfully make a move on is a problem. If 2/3 of the Final 3 are saying they wish they played well enough to get me out, but I was able to get out every single person I wanted out, then yeah it is a bad look for you. It’s less about moving the goal posts and more about both responses being…insufficient.

I wasn't playing some Jedi level mind tricks on you, but for you to use that as your reasoning or think that I was going to give you my real opening statement is pretty mind boggling. Of course I was downplaying myself to make you more likely to take me. It would be idiotic for me to tell you my strengths and why I should win and then expect you to not vote me out.

You gave me a few sentences of response; I wasn’t asking for the literal sentences of your opening statement (we do interviews anyway), but i wanted to see your game philosophy and how you were compartmentalizing things. It wasn’t me manipulating you, but I was curious how people saw themselves so I asked. Regardless, for the 99th time, Anvarie was going at F4 because of my win convos with him, not because of you downplaying anything. 

It was useful to know that you had an idol. It was the last round it could be played and it was known that you had an idol, so we did not vote for you. It is unlikely that you would play it on Anvarie, but in the off chance you thought of some big brain move to show how good you were and played it on Anvarie, you were told that we were trying to get you out to ensure you played it on yourself. It is not some bombshell thing that you were going to play it on yourself, what we did was just a precaution...

It was quite literally useless because Anvarie and I both had idols.

The information helped you in zero capacity and had no bearing on the vote, which is precisely why I told it to Red Light. I’m not

yes, everyone had to make a decision at the glacier, but there was nuance to every decision, and it had a lasting effect on the game. It is the reason why I was gunning for Kayseri. Do you play it safe, do you risk it, do you bluff, do you take the opportunity to connect with people not on your tribe you otherwise wouldn't be talking to? It is really daft to say that nothing counts with the glacier because everyone had to go. What was the point of it then? It is a good thing that I lost my vote, because it prevented an opposing player from getting an advantage and they lost their vote too. It also shows my prowess how I maneuvered around losing my vote. I also made connections with fais and Anvarie there.

My point was simply that your level of strategic thinking here was in no way an outlier from what everyone else is doing, so it’s weird to highlight it as a unique feature of your game. That’s all. Not saying the glacier is useless or without strategic value, but everyone can do a write-up about how they decided whether or not to risk their vote. 

It is bs to say that we were not equal, you could have decided to cut me but you DIDN'T. This "I came from the majority so I'm better at the game than you and you were at my mercy and I could have gone back at any second so you're really not good and nothing you did counts, your social game sucks and nothing you said ever influenced me" schtick is bullshit and condescending as hell.

Ok well it’s a good thing I didn’t say that

The reason why we weren’t equal players in that vote is for two reasons that have been outlined to you several times, but instead you want to take everything in bad faith and act like you’re being treated like nothing. 

1- in your own words, you went to rocks cause you had nothing to lose. I was the one giving up a majority to work with y’all. It is actually true without my flip the writing is on the wall for y’all. 

2- The 4-4, doesn’t happen unless I decide to jump ship, because the Baltoro/Non-Baltoro split was 5-3.

Every vote is equal but not every decision is equal.  

I was the one who told you that khalyan was gunning for you. You will probably say something like "Well everyone should have been gunning for me, so that information is not relevant" lmao.

No, just that I was already after Khalyan at that point,  which is why I went to rocks for y’all. 

I was able to flip votes too and navigate through different alliances, so that's not really a one up on me. But on the contrary to your argument, I should not be punished for realizing my place on the totem pole and doing what I need to make it higher. I played with flexibility, but in a different way. I was ready to vote people out that I was aligned with, such as Eros, dweebz, Gemini, Ampersand, fais, khalyan, and to an extent Anvarie. I was ready to make an alliance with anyone, and if there was a flip happening I was on board. If you were planning on flipping all along and it doesn't matter who you flipped to, does that make you a good player or did you just go through the motions arbitrarily?

The one-up part is that I actually was able to get everyone I wanted out, and voted with the majority every time. That’s the distinction. 

And no you shouldn’t be punished for playing the game you needed to/wanted to, I never said you should. 

To answer your last question, by the time I started flipping on people, I had established enough connections that I knew I had social and political capital with anyone I needed to work with. Obviously I wouldn’t have flipped during the early merge to someone like Ampersand or Golden Hour who I didn’t talk to, but I created enough connections to where I always had good options to where I was insulated and there was never a concerted effort to get me out. There’s nothing arbitrary about positioning yourself in the majority every time. 

• ATRL Moderator

These dissertations :rip:  

Anyway, now that all my questions have been answered, my mind is made up on who I am voting for.  Good luck to all three contestants and good job making it to this point! :heart2:

Acetone I hinted at this question on day 1 but I will restate it more clearly. 

The final 4 all had a story and pitch they could sell to the jury. You and rotunda believed I was the biggest threat to oust, so I will take it as a compliment. However, by eliminating me you created a huge chasm between Rotunda the #1 player and yourself in terms of overall performance in the game.

My question: why did you cut me instead of allowing 2 Baltoros in F3 which would split the Baltoro votes? (we make up a large portion)

In hindsight do you regret this decision as the jury begins to vote tonight?

• ATRL Moderator

Congrats to the final three :heart: 

@Red Light I know it's been a while, but could you walk me through my elimination? How did I end up being the target when you were apparently going after others prior? Who changed the vote or was that just a lie you told me? Blindsides are always fun to see so kudos to you, but I still don't understand how that happened.

Don't have any questions for @Acetone and @Rotunda since we weren't able to interact that much later in the game. Good luck to all three and may the best player win!

5 hours ago, Anvarie said:

Acetone I hinted at this question on day 1 but I will restate it more clearly. 

The final 4 all had a story and pitch they could sell to the jury. You and rotunda believed I was the biggest threat to oust, so I will take it as a compliment. However, by eliminating me you created a huge chasm between Rotunda the #1 player and yourself in terms of overall performance in the game.

My question: why did you cut me instead of allowing 2 Baltoros in F3 which would split the Baltoro votes? (we make up a large portion)

In hindsight do you regret this decision as the jury begins to vote tonight?

Hey Anvarie. I cut you because it was a solid route to the end for me. I knew the votes could either be 1) me, Rotunda, and Red Light voting for you, with you voting for Red Light 2) me and you voting for Red Light and Red Light / Rotunda voting for you, but that would be a tie. I could go home in the tiebreaker, and I didn't want to take that chance when I had the option right in front of me to make it a 3-1 vote and secure my spot in the final 3 easily. I tried to maintain a mantra of "as long as it isn't me" to further myself in the game, and the opportunity to vote you out led to a clear path to the end.

I also was very confident about being able to beat Red Light, and it wasn't a guarantee that all of the Baltoros on the jury would vote together.

I did consider voting out Red Light as that could split the Baltoro votes (hypothetically if they have a voting bloc in the jury). The issue with that is, we didn't have the votes without going to a tie. I knew that Rotunda would not vote Red Light out and there was not really an incentive to try and convince him with. He probably would have liked to see a tie play out since he won immunity.

Being up against two Baltoros could be really good for me in theory if the Baltoros on the jury split their votes in between the two Baltoros in that scenario and the members of the OG Puanu/Glazov alliance all voted for me, the problem was that was a 50/50 shot while voting for you would guarantee my spot in the final 3. It's also not even a guarantee that the players who started on the Baltoro tribe will be all voting together anyways as there are a good amount of them and I'm sure they don't all have the same opinion on everything in regards to voting criteria.

I do not regret this decision as it got me to where I am in the final three, and I do think I have a shot to beat both Red Light and Rotunda.

1 hour ago, Marvin said:

@Red Light I know it's been a while, but could you walk me through my elimination? How did I end up being the target when you were apparently going after others prior? Who changed the vote or was that just a lie you told me? Blindsides are always fun to see so kudos to you, but I still don't understand how that happened.

I changed the vote. It was originally BLAD, because Ampersand said that you had been to the glacier together and that y'all were close, and I didn't want to alienate him by eliminating you. That entire day, during the alliance strategizing, Ampersand never said one word, which made us a little nervous, so I DM'd him. He told me that he had voted either Opulent or Golden Hour--I can't remember which one rn--but it was one of our own alliance members. He claimed it was a mixup on his part because that's how Marvin told him to vote, so I started beginning to wonder if he was actually voting with us or not. 

At that point I was scared of telling Ampersand how to vote because I was worried he was going back and telling you and BLAD what we were doing, so I gave him the wrong name. Then all of us except Ampersand switched the vote on you.

It was at this point that the viewer reception to me noticeably cooled and I got hit with karma the very next round :deadbanana2::deadbanana2:

rooting for Ms @Acetone, loving your answers so far!

Congrats to all three though you all worked hard!

• ATRL Moderator

Thank you finalists for your compelling answers and unwavering dedication during this final tribal council!! The winner will be revealed at 9 PM EDT today, March 27th.

@Acetone @Red Light @Rotunda

The time has now come for our jury to cast their votes for a winner. A few already have done so (following my Discord notification earlier)... so thank you to those jurors!! For the others, please send a vote for who you think should be the WINNER of ATRL Survivor 12. Please use the parchment below. Votes are due at 8 PM EDT today, Sunday the 27th (approx 19 hours to go).

@Anvarie @Opulent @khalyan @fais_2311 @beatinglikeadrum @Kayseri Mantisi @Ampersand13 @Samsom @VenusFlyTrap @Golden Hour @Marvin

RT_zjk35iHDLx5rxvEydqskT8AjMqJihnrIc4Wj6

good luck to the final 3!

I had a great time this season and enjoyed getting to play with you all. Thank you Element and rl, you were amazing hosts!!! It is surreal making it to the final 3. Good luck Red Light and Rotunda!!!

20 hours ago, Douglas Booth said:

rooting for Ms @Acetone, loving your answers so far!

Congrats to all three though you all worked hard!

Thank you ? 

ud544Iv.png?width=1040&height=801

Welcome to the finale and reunion of the 12th season of Survivor: ATRL Edition!!

This season was QUITE the ride! So many different personalities. So many random occurrences. So many ups and downs. And ups and downs. And more of those. Thank you all for being a part of it!!

We loved listening along and reading along to your confessionals all season and seeing how everything played out. Who KNEW that we'd end up with a finale of three people from DIFFERENT starting tribes.

Again, we really want to thank our main judges @Auburn @boys@clue @Gateau @luckystrike@Not Like The Movies @Staryu @supaspaz for dedicating their time to really provide thoughtful critiques and rankings for everyone, truly shaping the game. And of course thank you to our wonderful viewers too for a) not spilling anything and b) really engaging with what was going on during the season. We love your insights!!

Now, it's time for the moment that we've all been waiting for. The last 3 months have been building to this: the coronation of ATRL's eleventh Sole Survivor. The power has shifted over to the members of our jury. Nine out of the eleven members of the jury have voted! Thank you!!

Tonight, you want to see your name on these parchments.

For the final time this season, Element will read the votes....

ud544Iv.png?width=1040&height=801

Welcome to the finale and reunion of the 12th season of Survivor: ATRL Edition!!

This season was QUITE the ride! So many different personalities. So many random occurrences. So many ups and downs. And ups and downs. And more of those. Thank you all for being a part of it!!

We loved listening along and reading along to your confessionals all season and seeing how everything played out. Who KNEW that we'd end up with a finale of three people from DIFFERENT starting tribes.

Again, we really want to thank our main judges @Auburn @boys@clue @Gateau @luckystrike@Not Like The Movies @Staryu @supaspaz for dedicating their time to really provide thoughtful critiques and rankings for everyone, truly shaping the game. And of course thank you to our wonderful viewers too for a) not spilling anything and b) really engaging with what was going on during the season. We love your insights!!

Now, it's time for the moment that we've all been waiting for. The last 3 months have been building to this: the coronation of ATRL's eleventh Sole Survivor. The power has shifted over to the members of our jury. Nine out of the eleven members of the jury have voted! Thank you!!

Tonight, you want to see your name on these parchments.

For the final time this season, Element will read the votes....

good luck!! 

• ATRL Moderator

Thank you all for an entertaining season! It has been quite a journey.

This final tribal council consisted of, in my opinion, three fantastic players. Probably the strongest final three that we've had. It was a competitive FTC and the jury decision was very tough/tight.

There are 9 votes cast.

(Kayseri and Samsom did not cast a jury vote)

Let's get to it.

First vote...

v4HhjVb.png

1 vote Red Light.

• ATRL Moderator

Second vote...

gPjn5CY.png

1 vote Red Light, 1 vote Rotunda.

• ATRL Moderator

Third vote...

mlZLWCq.png

1 vote Red Light, 1 vote Rotunda, 1 vote Acetone.

Everyone's on the board! Iconic!

• ATRL Moderator

Fourth vote...

XOlzHbc.jpeg

2 votes Red Light, 1 vote Rotunda, 1 vote Acetone.

Damn wanted to see more explosive parchments

• ATRL Moderator

Fifth vote...

1DuKQex.png

2 votes Red Light, 2 votes Rotunda, 1 vote Acetone.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.