Survivor: ATRL Edition (Season 12) | WINNER REVEALED!

rl231

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Element

• rl231

• Rotunda

• Anvarie

Top Posters In This Topic

uxL28hwKd5ECtfo2BBhrhEGHEVfZP0mCmU3CEdaD

beatinglikeadrum Florida-Georgia Line - Grow Old
khalyan Meghan Trainor - Dear Future Husband
Anvarie Destiny's Child - Cater 2 U
dweebz Dionne Warwick - Wives And Lovers
fais_2311 Lyfe Jennings - Must Be Nice
Rotunda Ella - Cook and Clean (from Madea Goes To Jail)
Marvin Ne-Yo - Good Man
Kayseri Mantisi Beyoncé - Dance For You

Florida-Georgia Line - Grow Old

• Auburn - 10 - Yeah this is perfect for the theme.
  • Gateau - 9 - yep almost there.
  • Luckystrike - 10 - Very specific which is exactly what we need for these themes, thanks. TOO specific sometimes though, I didn't appreciate having to picture this country man making love to a woman on a beach, but work! 
  • Supaspaz - 9 - Exactly what the theme called for.

Meghan Trainor - Dear Future Husband

• Auburn - 9.5 - Great choice, but ultimately seems a bit tongue-in-cheek/sarcastic about some of these things that I doubt a marriage structured like this would ever actually NOT end in divorce.
  • Gateau - 10 - You absolutely positively did THAT when you snatched this song. This is what I was thinking the second the theme was announced.
  • Luckystrike - 10 - Okay miss 10’s across the board. 
  • Supaspaz - 10 - Do you think she ever made Daryl Sabara listen to this?

Destiny's Child - Cater 2 U

• Auburn - 8 - Lyrically is more like they are singing about a guy they have yet to bag for life I fear.
  • Gateau - 7.5 - The devotion aspect is there but the marriage aspect…. Is not. In fact, the song very specifically says “this is your day.” not something like “this is your lifetime”. It just doesn’t really hit the LONG TERM for me.
  • Luckystrike - 9 - The only thing holding me back from giving this a 10 is that singular “this is your day” line, while it does describe things that can be long term, it threw me off a little, but nonetheless I do think this works very well.
  • Supaspaz - 10 - Invented pick-me girls, but we stan this anti-feminist jam.

Dionne Warwick - Wives And Lovers

• Auburn - 9 - Should be a 0 for setting back feminism 100 years!
  • Gateau - 10 - originally I gave this quite a MIDDLING score but then I reread the prompt and… yeah you hit it. You did that..
  • Luckystrike - 9 - Well that’s an… interesting perspective. Does it work? Yes, but I don’t think it fits the theme super head on like some other songs we’ve had so far, but it does a pretty good job.
  • Supaspaz - 10 - I’m screaming, this team really found all the most sexist relationship advice on wax.

Lyfe Jennings - Must Be Nice 

• Auburn - 8.5 - The phrase “must be nice” is telling me that’s what he wishes he had rather than what he has, but at least he knows what it takes.
  • Gateau - 9.5 - yep this is about there.
  • Luckystrike - 10 - Okay, I’m sold. It’s pretty much spot on.
  • Supaspaz - 9 - A bit more philosophical than literal in what he wants from his ride-or-die, but he drives the point home.

Ella - Cook and Clean (from Madea Goes To Jail)

• Auburn - 8.5 - Similar to the previous critique.
  • Gateau - 9 - this is how you keep a mothafuckin man. Take notes *******.
  • Luckystrike - 9 - I mean, you could’ve sent Hey Mama by Bebe Rexha and Nicki Minaj instead.
  • Supaspaz - 10 - Not a damn Tyler Perry song. He really does write like second-wave feminism never happened.

Ne-Yo - Good Man

• Auburn - 10 - Cheesy as fuckkkkk, but it gets the job done!
  • Gateau - 9 - this kinda goes a bit all over the place but I think the general vibe is there.
  • Luckystrike - 10 - I was about to lash you for just sending a song about NeYo dying to get p*ssy so bad but then the ring line arrived and it all clicked. Nice.
  • Supaspaz - 10 - Cackling at that Obama line. Ne-Yo wishes!

Beyoncé - Dance For You

• Auburn - 4.5 - Look, if lap dances alone could save you, I doubt Pamela Anderson would have 6 failed marriages. Absolutely adore this song though.
  • Gateau - 5 - this is cracking me UP
  • Luckystrike - 6 - Damn y’all need to stop with these excellent songs that barely fit the theme. I do feel like this sort of meets the criteria of the theme in a few lines but overall it feels more of an ode to her lover than anything. Also I’m missing the long term aspect a bit too.
  • Supaspaz - 5 - More of a bedroom jam, even though it has the undercurrent of showing appreciation for a partner who is doing things right.

This is completely embarrassing outside that tribe at this rate 

Just now, dweebz said:

Well, can't say im surprised. 

ezgif.com-resize-2.thumb.gif.d3b176acdbe

They’re trying

ud544Iv.png?width=1040&height=801

Now that you've all seen how you've done independently, let's see how you rank among your tribe, among all players, and finally which two tribes are heading to Tribal Council this round.

Note: The highest scoring player for each tribe is immune if their tribe heads to Tribal Council.

Glazov

1. Acetone - 9.63 - IMMUNE

2. Golden Hour - 9.13

3. Eros - 7.88

4. VenusFlyTrap - 6.38

5. Opulent - 5.38

6. Harmonizer - 4.63

Baltoro

1. khalyan - 9.88 - IMMUNE

2. Marvin - 9.75

3. beatinglikeadrum - 9.50

3. dweebz - 9.50

5. fais_2311 - 9.25

6. Rotunda - 9.13

7. Anvarie - 8.63

8. Kayseri Mantisi - 5.13

Pūanu

1. DAP - 9.25 - IMMUNE

2. TruGemini - 8.25

3. Samsom - 6.25

4. Ampersand13 - 6.00

5. Red Light - 5.50

6. Armani - 2.63

Overall Rank:

1. khalyan (+13)

2. Marvin (+8)

3. Acetone (+16)

4. beatinglikeadrum (+11)

4. dweebz (-3)

6. DAP (-5)

6. fais_2311 (+4)

8. Golden Hour (-2)

8. Rotunda (-4)

10. Anvarie (-6)

11. TruGemini (-4)

12. Eros (+1)

13. VenusFlyTrap (+8)

14. Samsom (-13)

15. Ampersand13 (+2)

16. Red Light (+4)

17. Opulent (-9)

18. Kayseri Mantisi (-6)

19. Harmonizer (-2)

20. Armani (-11)

Cumulative Rank:

1. Rotunda - 9.66

2. Golden Hour - 9.38

3. jeffreyy - 9.06

4. dweebz - 9.03

5. Anvarie - 9

6. Marvin - 8.59

7. khalyan - 8.56

8. fais_2311 - 8.19

9. Opulent - 8.06

10. DOUGLAS BOOTH - 7.75

11. TruGemini - 7.63

12. Samsom - 7.5

13. Kayseri Mantisi - 7.47

14. beatinglikeadrum - 7.38

15. Eros - 7.28

16. DAP - 7.16

17. Ampersand13 - 7.09

18. Acetone - 6.69

19. Harmonizer - 6.66

20. Walley - 6.13

21. Red Light - 6.06

22. Armani - 5.34

23. Bethenny Frankel - 5

24. VenusFlyTrap - 4.81

Find out who won (for real) with this spoiler!

Spoiler

uxL28hwKd5ECtfo2BBhrhEGHEVfZP0mCmU3CEdaD

It wasn't even close, y'all...Tribe Baltoro WINS with an average of 8.84! You all are safe and through to the next round.

Pūanu and Glazov with averages of 6.31 and 7.17, respectively, you both are going to Tribal Council. When you are ready, please DM us in the Discord chat you submitted your entry in. If you fail to vote within the time period, you will incur a self-vote. Please include a bootlist from who you most want out to who you least out, alongside with your vote. If you've submitted a bootlist already, you can update it if you'd like!

Please use the parchment image below and write/type the name of your vote by using photo editing software! If you change your mind, simply send me another PM with an updated choice for elimination. Votes will be due at 5 PM EDT on Thursday, January 26th. Remember, Acetone and DAP are immune from elimination and cannot be voted for.

21 minutes ago, rl231 said:

Tony! Toni! Toné! - Anniversary

• @Gateau - 2 - ur so random!!!!!
  • @luckystrike - 2 - I might be absolutely wrong, BUT I think this song might be… you won’t believe this… about their anniversary?!?! So crazy right? Anyway, there’s no correlation to the theme for me at all, sorry.

Screenshot-20220126-181833-Chrome.jpg

• ATRL Moderator

Tell 'em 

the next one of you that waste another excellent Bey song I swear.... 

I honestly feel like the judging for Anniversary is a bit harsh based on the fact the song did follow what the theme of this round was. Weird it’s rated close to Dealer. It should be at least a 5-6. 

Edited by dussymob

4 minutes ago, dussymob said:

I honestly feel like the judging for Anniversary is a bit harsh based on the fact the song did follow what the theme of this round was. Weird it’s rated close to Dealer. It should be at least a 5-6. 

TELL EM LOUDER TO THE JUDGES!!!

i think the public should rank or validate the judges scores, because they seem not transparent at all tbh

no shade but one of them gave With You a 9 and my song a 6 and they just fit equally on the theme, this is just ridiculous 

26 minutes ago, Samsom said:

TELL EM LOUDER TO THE JUDGES!!!

i think the public should rank or validate the judges scores, because they seem not transparent at all tbh

no shade but one of them gave With You a 9 and my song a 6 and they just fit equally on the theme, this is just ridiculous 

With You is a terrible entry lol. 

• ATRL Moderator
7 hours ago, Armani? said:

Screenshot-20220126-181833-Chrome.jpg

Can you point to a lyric in the song where the narrator takes us through specific actions that contribute to his being a successful husband? I couldn't find one.

7 hours ago, supaspaz said:

Can you point to a lyric in the song where the narrator takes us through specific actions that contribute to his being a successful husband? I couldn't find one.

The song is about going all the way on doing things to appreciate/cater to your spouse on the anniversary of marriage. It's not really complex, but straight to the point so I expected it to at least do okay:rip: 

But to pretend it has nothing to do with the theme is a lie lol. Y'all did Tony Toni Tone wrong :gaycat6:

Today is a special day, not just any day
Because you can have everything you want your way
Tell your supervisor you're leaving early today
And I'm going to pay for the rest of your day, girl

1 hour ago, Armani? said:

The song is about going all the way on doing things to appreciate/cater to your spouse on the anniversary of marriage. It's not really complex, but straight to the point so I expected it to at least do okay:rip: 

But to pretend it has nothing to do with the theme is a lie lol. Y'all did Tony Toni Tone wrong :gaycat6:

Today is a special day, not just any day
Because you can have everything you want your way
Tell your supervisor you're leaving early today
And I'm going to pay for the rest of your day, girl

Waiting for the judges to defend their horrible judgements because you END them

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Armani? said:

Y'all did Tony Toni Tone wrong :gaycat6:

I will stream “Diary” for reparations

ud544Iv.png?width=1040&height=801

kDtS9oQkVf2vSb66SDy-599r-9N0dtWHcEFcKei1

@Acetone @Eros @Harmonizer @Golden Hour  @Opulent @VenusFlyTrap

One of you will become the fifth person voted out of this game. If any of you have an item to play, now would be the time to do so...

Spoiler

No one stands.

I'll read the votes...

oop good luck to all! 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.