Katy to be unveiled as American Idol judge this week

272 posts in this topic

0512-katy-perry-american-idol-getty-6.jpg

Katy Perry is in line to fill the first judge's chair on the new "American Idol" and negotiations have already begun ... TMZ has learned.

Sources familiar with the talks tell us Katy is very interested, and is open to scheduling potential tour dates around the show's taping schedule. We're told ABC is fully on board as well and the only snag at this point is, of course, money.

As we first reported ... negotiations with Kelly Clarkson stalled due to her salary demands, and she decided to bail and coach on "The Voice" instead. 

http://www.tmz.com/2017/05/13/katy-perry-american-idol-abc-judge/

I'll be surprised if this happens considering her asking price will definitely be higher than Kelly Clarkson. 

UPDATE

Katy Perry is in the homestretch ... negotiating a deal to become the anchor judge on "American Idol," and the announcement is expected to go down Tuesday.

TMZ broke the story ... 'AI' honchos set their sights on Perry after their bid for Kelly Clarkson went south and she joined "The Voice." Sources familiar with the negotiations tell us Idol's goal is to announce Katy is joining the reboot during the ABC Upfronts this week. Our sources say they will not announce the other 2 judges because 'Idol' hasn't even decided who it wants.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2017/05/14/katy-perry-american-idol-negotiations-almost-done/

She'll definitely be after more money than Kelly, can't see this working out.

So sad when artists have to do this.

oh no....sweetie 

Please no, that show will be the biggest flop. She should at least do X Factor UK since she has British humour and the audience won't get offended by every word she says.

wasn't that show cancelled?

OMG :rip:

And this is most likely true since TMZ is very reliable and hardly ever wrong.

I don't watch those programs so it wouldn't interest me much. But anyway.

Just now, grace said:

wasn't that show cancelled?

The pic  :ahh: 

Anywho, I want to say she would never but I thought the same about the Britney rumors and she ended up doing X Factor :rip: 

I don't think it's a bad thing though, I mean Shakira, Adam Levine, Nicki Minaj, Miley, Pharrell are huge and they're/were judges as well. The trend of being a has been and doing these type of shows is over.

Girl bye

Katy please no. That show is looking dead on arrival. It's gonna be a trainwreck. Keep away from it!!

Don't think it's gonna happen tho, as others said she surely is going to ask for more money than Kelly did. 

1 minute ago, ToxicKat said:

Anywho, I want to say she would never but I thought the same about the Britney rumors and she ended up doing X Factor :rip: 

I don't think it's a bad thing though, I mean Shakira, Adam Levine, Nicki Minaj, Miley, Pharrell ate huge and they're judges as well. The trend of being a has been and doing these type of shows is over.

Not really.

It's still pretty much there.

Katy...

847301.gif 

I want Katy and Nicki on there.

The show shouldn't be revived in the first place. 

Katy is the female Simon :clap3:

Image result for katy perry american idol

1 minute ago, rta1913 said:

Katy please no. That show is looking dead on arrival. It's gonna be a trainwreck. Keep away from it!!

Don't think it's gonna happen tho, as others said she surely is going to ask for more money than Kelly did. 

she declined $20 million   during the td era so i wonder whats it gonna be

1 minute ago, Thor said:

Not really.

It's still pretty much there.

More and more current artists do these, so not that much.

Still a very bad idea.

Put Katy, Gaga, Rihanna and Nicki Minaj on the panel and you'll get the ratings that ya like :eli: 

The new Paula Abdul :chick1:

7 minutes ago, ToxicKat said:

I don't think it's a bad thing though, I mean Shakira, Adam Levine, Nicki Minaj, Miley, Pharrell are huge and they're/were judges as well. The trend of being a has been and doing these type of shows is over.

Adam was definitely a flop when he first did The Voice. It helped to revive his career

Same with Shakira. She still had her international power but The Voice is an American show and she was a flop there too 

3 minutes ago, Squall said:

More and more current artists do these, so not that much.

Still a very bad idea.

None of the artists who are judging these types of shows are considered "relevant" in the current music scene.

Yeah, they are doing there thing and putting out music, but they really aren't the most popular/successful/relevant artists.

Except for maybe Miley, but that remains to be seen with her new album.

OT: Anyways, if she does this, good for her. :flower:

I don't know how they can afford Katy though. Even if she is flopping right now, it's still very recent and she is still worth WAY more than Kelly Clarkson 

5 minutes ago, ToxicKat said:

Already the excuses. We get it, the Kats are wounded but no need to be so defensive. She's ok, she'll be ok.