"Dawn FM" 4th day: 32.9M (-0.5%) (total so far: 167.8M)

Starkboy

Great first and second day:clap3:

Funny tho that it's doing a bit less than 30 but 30 was trashed to the pits of hell:skull: I guess the double standards are showing

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mystery

• PopFan1996

• FAN

• Ivan_brit

i see the double standards too :mandown: but yes, good 2nd day numbers :clap3:

Its not double standards :rip: It was Adele's first album in 6 years, ppl just expected her big comeback album to do better on streaming, especially after EOM did like what.. 20M first day? :deadbanana4:
January is also a pretty weak month in general + Dawn FM didnt even get a proper rollout.. all in all this did similar numbers to After Hours which has one of the biggest songs of all time on it, so the fact that Dawn FM is doing similar numbers is great

9 minutes ago, PopFan1996 said:

Funny tho that it's doing a bit less than 30 but 30 was trashed to the pits of hell:skull: I guess the double standards are showing

I don't think it's surprising at all that people had high expectations for 30 considering her enormous success, it also had a #1 hit that's actually on the album, unlike the TMB single version :dies:

40 minutes ago, PopFan1996 said:

Easy On Me alone did over 20M first day, so the entire album doing around 60M was pretty shocking :rip:

OT: an okay drop :clap3:

And I fully expect this one to stay in the top 10 for months. So many potential hits. I thought after hours was huge but this could be his Teenage Dream as far as how many #1s it could produce. 

1 hour ago, Icarus said:

Easy On Me alone did over 20M first day, so the entire album doing around 60M was pretty shocking :rip:

OT: an okay drop :clap3:

Eh, the entire sentiment around Adele is you have to be in the right mood for her music. So many people I know just weren’t ready for it emotionally. And it is a lot. It’s a fantastic album but let’s be real: people aren’t rushing to hear Adele so vulnerable like she is on “To Be Loved” or talking to her child on “My Little Love” because it is so personal. It’s why the album is exceptional, but it’s also why the album isn’t built for streaming. And when you look at it like that, 60M is a staggering number. And with Oh My God and I Drink Wine getting videos, it will have legs. 

Adele had only 12 songs and did better, and yet these are good numbers according to ATRL and Adele’s were a disaster :deadbanana4: Never change, ATRL. 

4 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

Weeknd literally drops a single a week, out of which nothing has been sticking. So of course it is great for him to be doing basically After Hours numbers with a sudden no-frills announcement. Adele returned after 6 years, with a lot of promotional fanfare and has a blockbuster single. It should have been pulling higher numbers. Not to mention Weeknd's album is likely to stick on streaming, unlike the other one. 

Just say you're on OAH and go:deadbanana2: Try to make it less obvious next time it's embarrassing 

Ps: 30 is doing just fine currently sitting at 9M daily streams almost 2 months after it's release and with no promoted second single yet!:cm:

Edited by PopFan1996

41 minutes ago, Graduation said:

Eh, the entire sentiment around Adele is you have to be in the right mood for her music. So many people I know just weren’t ready for it emotionally. And it is a lot. It’s a fantastic album but let’s be real: people aren’t rushing to hear Adele so vulnerable like she is on “To Be Loved” or talking to her child on “My Little Love” because it is so personal. It’s why the album is exceptional, but it’s also why the album isn’t built for streaming. And when you look at it like that, 60M is a staggering number. And with Oh My God and I Drink Wine getting videos, it will have legs. 

THIS

2 hours ago, TaylenaStan said:

Its not double standards :rip: It was Adele's first album in 6 years, ppl just expected her big comeback album to do better on streaming, especially after EOM did like what.. 20M first day? :deadbanana4:
January is also a pretty weak month in general + Dawn FM didnt even get a proper rollout.. all in all this did similar numbers to After Hours which has one of the biggest songs of all time on it, so the fact that Dawn FM is doing similar numbers is great

2 hours ago, Illuminati said:

I don't think it's surprising at all that people had high expectations for 30 considering her enormous success, it also had a #1 hit that's actually on the album, unlike the TMB single version :dies:

I-

This is Adele’s first album fully into the streaming era. The Weeknd just got the biggest song of ALL time the US according to BB and we know it was a monster smash WW as well as Save Your Tears. 

Your standards for The Weeknd should also be high. Realistically, y’all just have ridiculous and unreasonable expectations for Adele. 

7 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

Weeknd literally drops a single a week, out of which nothing has been sticking. So of course it is great for him to be doing basically After Hours numbers with a sudden no-frills announcement. Adele returned after 6 years, with a lot of promotional fanfare and has a blockbuster single. It should have been pulling higher numbers. Not to mention Weeknd's album is likely to stick on streaming, unlike the other one. 

Abel's #1 on TTH and radio payola and his video keeps appearing in my YT front page. Let's not pretend like people won't check for him. 60M streams is huge for any artist, including Adele. Sure people expected more from her, but some people acted like it was a disaster for Adele is something else. She outsold 99.9% of our favs with that disaster :eli::  

Early sign is good for Abel tho. But longevity is something more than a 2nd day update. Without a hit to keep his stream afloat, it will sink soon. Well, but Sacrifice seems to do well enough to keep him stable. 

3 minutes ago, Gaia said:

I-

This is Adele’s first album fully into the streaming era. The Weeknd just got the biggest song of ALL time the US according to BB and we know it was a monster smash WW as well as Save Your Tears. 

Your standards for The Weeknd should also be high. Realistically, y’all just have ridiculous and unreasonable expectations for Adele. 

MTE. People keep saying Adele had enormous success in the past but first of all, she can't keep selling like that forever :rip:.  Secondly, she had enormous success with SALES, not STREAMs. 

Is There Someone Else carrying the album on its back :clap3:

1 minute ago, Paranoid Android said:

I don't really care much for either, but there's no point comparing them. Adele is a much much bigger artist. Expectations for her were understandably much much higher. She has done amazing on pure sales and pretty averagely on streaming. It is what it is.

Abel on the other hand hasn't had any thing truly sticking since SYT. Even 200k would a big win for him here. I think there are 3-4 songs in the album which are trendy enough to keep it afloat and male artists anyway tend to last longer on streaming.

SYT was just last year. It's not like a million years ago. And his last era was very successful too, he just scored the biggest hit of all time in the US. And no, the standard for Adele was not understandable, it's unreal and no one can achieve it in 2021 except for Taylor with a proper release (and that's still questionable since she hasn't done it since Lover). 

I agree with no point to compare them but since people bring up Adele here so i just speak my opinion of this. 

3 hours ago, Graduation said:

Nah, the streaming performance was and is a massive disappointment.

Decent hold for Dawn FM, though, considering it doesn't have much single material.

Edited by RobynYoBank

Why are yall talking about Adele in a thread about Abel? :huh:

Anyways great second day numbers for him :clap3:

Extremely stable which is a good sign

Great hold,  it's what he deserves :clap3:

People somehow making this about Adele :skull:.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.