German Charts - Free Streams added

genio

The German charts are revenue based and were mainly impacted by physical CDs, digital downloads and premium streaming accounts so far, but starting this week, the german charts will add free audio streams and YouTube views to their chart formula.

Source

Nice, now just waiT and see some bulgarian or balkan singer reaching top spot! Helene Fischer is not safe!

I remember beefing with the German Charts acc on Twitter a few years ago bc they didn't count yt music and now here we are :flower:

Are they keeping the /2000 ratio? If so, the impact will be minimal.

the Balkan diaspora living in Germany about to come thru with their music up in German's charts

2QvTq5D.gif

I doubt there's going to have much of an impact tbh. Back in 2020 they said airplay was also also going to be added to their single charts and I thought it would've had a positive impact to our pop girls, but things didn't really change much.

Edited by Scars

Yessss Mc Stojan, Galena and Azis coming to dominate the German markets

2 hours ago, Scars said:

I doubt there's going to have much of an impact tbh. Back in 2020 they said airplay was also also going to be added to their single charts and I thought it would've a positive impact to our pop girls, but things didn't really change much.

Youtube is huge in Germany so it will have an effect

On 1/6/2022 at 8:26 AM, HeWolf said:

Will past youtube views count for new certifications?

ofc no

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.