Billboard Vietnam Official Chart Announced

getback

perchedT, to see some random cheesy@ss songs topping the chart weeks on end with youtube views driving it

9 minutes ago, BadX said:

perchedT, to see some random cheesy@ss songs topping the chart weeks on end with youtube views driving it

the first #1 will be this :cm: already manifesting :cm: 

Just now, getback said:

the first #1 will be this :cm: already manifesting :cm: 

oof it will miss the debut tracking week :sherlock:

No doubt the chart will be dominated by V-Pop though, will be interesting to see if any international artist could breakthrough on it

this is so interesting! hope more Asian countries get on board with this.

3 minutes ago, BadX said:

oof it will miss the debut tracking week :sherlock:

No doubt the chart will be dominated by V-Pop though, will be interesting to see if any international artist could breakthrough on it

I think the chart is counting from Monday (Jan 3) to Sunday (Jan 9), that means most of its run will still be inside tracking week. 

I could see them count from Saturday (Jan 1) just because it's the weekend + coincide with the new year tho... :cm: 

it makes sense either way so hopefully they will release more details soon :gaycat4:

i do hope it will be from Jan 1 and not Jan 3 tho, I need HTL to get her #1 :gaycat4:

I just realized that if they don't have a recurrent rule then Happy New Year by ABBA might very well be #1 when it comes close to the Lunar New Year :ahh:I wanna see it happen :gaycat4:

But what will be counted though? Most vnmese don’t use spotify or apple music. Are they going to use zingmp3, nhaccuatui and multiple others instead cause chile :biblio:

Another chart for Taylor to go #1 easily...

:gaylorcat2:

52 minutes ago, Miss Americana said:

Another chart for Taylor to go #1 easily...

:gaylorcat2:

- in Bolivia :dies:

OT: This will be very interesting, as the other person said, I hope more asian countries go on board on this!

Edited by SKESTU

Are all the people in this thread Vietnamese :deadbanana4: I didn’t expect to see so many of you guys…

3 hours ago, Carrie-is-no-1 said:

Are all the people in this thread Vietnamese :deadbanana4: I didn’t expect to see so many of you guys…

there are like 100M Vietnamese globally and you're surprised there're some on ATRL? :rip: 

7 hours ago, liam13 said:

But what will be counted though? Most vnmese don’t use spotify or apple music. Are they going to use zingmp3, nhaccuatui and multiple others instead cause chile :biblio:

it will be like the Korean Billboard where they use MelOn, Bugs etc. Vietnam has many different local streaming sites, I have no doubt they will play a massive role, along with Youtube

Always Remember Us This Way was a huge hit in Vietnam last year because of this viral cover/mashup and still doing good numbers there. Hope it can still impact the chart.

8 hours ago, getback said:

it will be like the Korean Billboard where they use MelOn, Bugs etc. Vietnam has many different local streaming sites, I have no doubt they will play a massive role, along with Youtube

do zing or nhaccuatui even pay their verified artists?

58 minutes ago, liam13 said:

do zing or nhaccuatui even pay their verified artists?

I did some googling and I think they do pay for some artists, but not all of them. there are many artists sued them for not paying and the sites had to remove their music. My Tam had virtually no music on zing or nct is the biggest example I found.

for the artists they pay, they most likely pay a lump sum instead of pay per stream - at least for Vietnamese artists who aren't with any major labels.

Sony Music Vietnam is definitely having a deal with zing and nct based on the links on this. 

not sure about Universal Music VN and Warner Music VN since I scrolled their social media + youtube uploads and they never linked anything to nct or zing.

I definitely think they have some sort of deals together tho, there's no way the big bosses would let them steal right under their noses like that.

my guess is most of the artists who aren't in those big 3 labels aren't getting any coins :toofunny3:

hopefully the establishment of the Billboard chart will help shaping the music industry to a better shape. more and more people are paying, and with Spotify + AM + Youtube paying royalties to artists, the local sites will have to step their pussy up too.

also through the digging now I see why it took Billboard VN 4 years to establish the charts.

didn't find any article about Sony Music VN but their first instagram post was December 2018

Warner Music VN was only a thing in April 2020 

https://www.wmg.com/news/warner-music-opens-business-vietnam-34676 

Universal Music VN was only a thing in July 2020

https://www.universalmusic.com/universal-music-vietnam-launches-and-announces-signing-of-leading-vietnamese-pop-star-phung-khanh-linh-in-collaboration-with-times-records-hang-dia-thoi-dai/ 

The establishment of the big 3 labels means that the majority of the market is covered and being paid royalties to, and that's the corner stone for establishing the charts :clap3: 

Taylor Bieber and Ariana will be the it western girls on this chart

Bts and black pink will dominate

And the chart will be fill with local songs and tik tok viral hits

But i dont  what data will they include.

so there will be 2 charts: Billboard Vietnam Hot 100 and Billboard Vietnam Top Vietnamese Songs

https://billboardvn.vn/chinh-thuc-billboard-viet-nam-se-cho-ra-mat-2-bang-xep-hang/

they didn't really go too much into details sadly, but it's streaming + sales from the top platforms, so probably NCT + Zing + Spotify + Youtube + Apple Music + some other local sources I'm not aware of :celestial3:

they also teased the songs that would appear on the chart and one of these would be #1 :celestial2:

On 1/2/2022 at 3:48 PM, LCTV said:

Is Dua popping there?

Lol no

---

So glad to know there are Vietnamese members here at ATRL 

51 minutes ago, getback said:

so there will be 2 charts: Billboard Vietnam Hot 100 and Billboard Vietnam Top Vietnamese Songs

https://billboardvn.vn/chinh-thuc-billboard-viet-nam-se-cho-ra-mat-2-bang-xep-hang/

they didn't really go too much into details sadly, but it's streaming + sales from the top platforms, so probably NCT + Zing + Spotify + Youtube + Apple Music + some other local sources I'm not aware of :celestial3:

Personally I think Kenh14 chart is pretty accurate haha ???

50 minutes ago, getback said:

they also teased the songs that would appear on the chart and one of these would be #1 :celestial2:

Most songs in this video are old af tho :rip:

Den is so getting that number 1 :rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.