Represent S1 - WINNER REVEALED

TruGemini

6 hours ago, DevonRoars said:

congratulations @Thanatos it was lovely playing

Thank you :heart2: I wish we could have avoided this battle and make the finale together :weeps:

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TruGemini

• Yvess

• Thanatos

• Julia Fox

There is only one spot left in the finale, who will join Lana Del Rey and Azealia Banks in our final round?

bCq1NWg.jpg

The person that managed to receive the least amount of votes will proceed to the finale.

With the highest amount ofvotes, at 3...

Spoiler

our 5th place finisher...

Spoiler

is...

Spoiler

HM8BT1x.gif

Beyonce ( @Not Like The Movies), I'm sorry, but you have been eliminated from the competition. 

After a slow start in the game, you grew to become one of the strongest competitors here. I appreciate your time and I hope you tune in for the finale!

It is now a battle between Katy Perry and Madonna, once again, the person with the lowest point value will move into finale.

Katy Perry has received...

Spoiler

1 vote!

Madonna has received...

Spoiler

1 vote!

As stated previously, the tiebreaker for this round is as follows:

If a tie happens, the person with the least amount of votes gained throughout the entire competition (including this round) will be the one who enters finale.

However...a tie isn't happening today.

08Ds2XX.jpg

This round, Beyonce played her advantage, x2. This advantage allows the holder to double the votes of one contestant. 

With one vote each, the person who the advantage was used on will go home. 

Our 4th place finisher...

Spoiler

with an adjusted total of 2 votes...

Spoiler

is...

Spoiler

yHY30JA.gif

Madonna ( @CBC), I'm sorry, but you have just missed out on the finale. You had a triumphant return to the game and most certainly proved yourself as worthy competition among these ladies. 

Thank you so much for your involvement and I hope you tune in for the finale!

With that, the official FINAL THREE of Represent Season 1 is...

Spoiler

Lana Del Rey ( @kipperskipper)!

elIILW9.gif

Azealia Banks ( @Thanatos)!

E71ATwy.gif

and Katy Perry ( @touya kinomoto)!

mM8F1Dl.gif 

Congrats to our Final Three! Details on Finale Part Three are coming next!

Our final three is made. Let's begin Part Three of the Represent finale!

0hGEncl.jpg

@Thanatos@kipperskipper@touya kinomoto

@dweebz@Speezy @Yvess

Azealia Banks, Lana Del Rey, Katy Perry, you now must prove to the judges why exactly you deserve to win!

You each must make a final plea to the judges. 

Explain your choices/entries throughout the season, strategic moves you've made, and why you should win over your competition.

This should be no more than 4 paragraphs and should include highlights of your best moments during the season.

Your deadline is March 22nd, at 11:30PM EST.

Oh gag :bloo:

sad to see bey go since she stomped all season and sad my @CBC is eliminated:(( 

but congrats to katy and azealia!! 

I knew I was going home already since I have Queen Bey and these girls have been voting out the biggest competitors throughout the season so girls who aren't seen as bigger threats would easily make it to the finale which I do find kind of unfair. I love you Gemini and I love this game but I do think this finale format was quite flawed. It should have been solely based on entries and talent and not just girls voting because the bigger contestants will get chewed off but this is your first time hosting so I completely understand but if there is a season 2, I hope some things changed because I feel rigged out after playing such a strong game. We should have been abled to submit entries and make it to the finale based on that. 

Good luck to the final 3 and may the best representation win! :heart2:

and sorry to Madonna, I knew they were coming for either of us so I tried to save myself :cries:

31 minutes ago, Not Like The Movies said:

I knew I was going home already since I have Queen Bey and these girls have been voting out the biggest competitors throughout the season so girls who aren't seen as bigger threats would easily make it to the finale which I do find kind of unfair. I love you Gemini and I love this game but I do think this finale format was quite flawed. It should have been solely based on entries and talent and not just girls voting because the bigger contestants will get chewed off but this is your first time hosting so I completely understand but if there is a season 2, I hope some things changed because I feel rigged out after playing such a strong game. We should have been abled to submit entries and make it to the finale based on that. 

I definitely see where you're coming from, I already plan to adjust a few things if S2 ever happens so I will definitely take note.

However, I will say that I purposely tried to prepare you all for this latter half of the game being more reliant on the stratetic/social element for this very reason. That's why I was so adamant on you all choosing your own groups and why I got rid of non-competetive advantages at the final ten, and tried to warn that alliances and relationships will mean a lot at the F12/F11 in this final part of the game.

I think next season (once again, if it even happens) I'll make the strategic element more prominent so that it can be more competitive in the endgame.

2 minutes ago, TruGemini said:

I definitely see where you're coming from, I already plan to adjust a few things if S2 ever happens so I will definitely take note.

However, I will say that I purposely tried to prepare you all for this latter half of the game being more reliant on the stratetic/social element for this very reason. That's why I was so adamant on you all choosing your own groups and why I got rid of non-competetive advantages at the final ten, and tried to warn that alliances and relationships will mean a lot at the F12/F11 in this final part of the game.

I think next season (once again, if it even happens) I'll make the strategic element more prominent so that it can be more competitive in the endgame.

yeah I understand what you're saying, I guess I needed to form a bigger social game or have alliances, I did not really take that aspect of the game that seriously tbh so I guess that's where I went wrong but it just sucks to miss the finale by a little because of a vote after such a strong game but I do understand what you said. I enjoyed the game regardless and you've been a great host. 

it was just giving me drag race all stars with shangela's elimination lol

oh my god oh my god the finale okay okay i have to do this right.

32 minutes ago, TruGemini said:

28 minutes ago, Not Like The Movies said:

yeah I understand what you're saying, I guess I needed to form a bigger social game or have alliances, I did not really take that aspect of the game that seriously tbh so I guess that's where I went wrong but it just sucks to miss the finale by a little because of a vote after such a strong game but I do understand what you said. I enjoyed the game regardless and you've been a great host. 

Tbf I did get the boot thanks to an advantage so even a social game it wouldn't help :deadbanana2:

Sent my essay, good luck to Katy and Lana. Azealia is coming to STOMP yet again:flame:

The final three has prepared their pleas as to why they should win the game. Their fate is now in the hands of our judges.

0hGEncl.jpg

@Not Like The Movies@DevonRoars@Thanatos@Samsom@Noah@Opulent@Galactic@Acetone@M a n o b a n@CBC@Overprotected@Taylucifer@Psycho@Kylie Jenner@Devin@touya kinomoto@JDC@selena_lavigne@kipperskipper@Luckitty@99sandthe2000s@Invisibility@PiecesOfYou@wehavetostan@DAP

I've gathered all of you here to view the juries final pleas. 

Katy Perry's Final Plea

Hi, this is Katy Perry and I should be the winner of the first season of Represent.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611c278ec8e72f09e617a1c2c78e99e282c54500916&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

I should be the winner because aside from winning 4 challenges throughout the season, I have never been in the bottom. And as a result of never being in the bottom, I have never received any votes against me until the last round. I have made some great bonds with a few people who also reached quite far like Beyoncé, Lana and Madonna through the team challenges that we won together.

I have also made various submissions. I have submitted songs, music videos, fashion, moments and photoshoot and got decent critiques for all of them. I have proven that I have the versatility and represented my brand and image well.

All in all, I deserve to win because I did what I had to do. I showed up and represented myself and I hope you can see that I represented my brand the best.

96748ed40b9623ebb31c31abe32b07c2.gif

Azealia Banks' Final Plea

2af398a22439e46618f1a139e697f3e2c0d81c6a

540full-azealia-banks.jpg

Azealia Amanda Banks is a very controversial character and not universally liked. Whatever you like her or not, it's a fact that this women from Harlem has so much talent that is nowadays not often found in the music industry.  Despite her catalogue being relatively small compared to the likes of Beyoncé or GaGa (due to ENDLESS delays and controversies), I was able to make it all the way to the finale by being smart and representing Azealia in an astonishing way.  I won 5 challenges, the most out of any other contestant in the Top 3. Not only did I earn my place in the finale, no I also had to fight for it with a battle against my bestie and frontrunner Arianka. I won with submissions in the photoshoot, music video and even fashion category. I showcased that Azealia can have an immense variety if played right. 

Another important aspect of this game were strategic decisions. Early on, I formed an alliance with Ariana and we two wanted to reach the finale together. Later, for the final voting polls I formed an alliance with Madonna and we worked on giving Beyoncé the chop (I'm sorry NTLM:chick3:, next time dm me as well). I played the game how it is supposed to be played. You cannot succeed without strong alliances. Further, I also offered my help to my teammate Grace Jones to avoid her being eliminated. I wanted to sabotage another player but Grace thankfully declined and accepted her fate that round. I clearly have the NERVE to play this game.

Let's take a look at three of my strongest submissions this season: 

First, my winning submission in the social media category for the CRACKT theme , the death of the iconic Lucifer: 

B2kK93cCIAAZ6wM.jpg

I knew that I had to knock it out of the park for this round and I was either going to send in the cat soup video or the chicken closet video. I decided to go with the cat since Lucifer played a huge role in Azealia's life and his death really hurt her.  

Second, my winning submission in the Ying&Yang catgeory. Me and Grace Jones decided to go with the concept of stillness and movement and I was representing stillness with this picture. It was a very easy choice because this is for sure one of Azealia's best photographs and one of the best she has ever looked. It would have been a real shame if I had have not gotten the opportunity to submit this.

azealia-banks-treasure-island-3.jpg

Lastly, you cannot simple neglect Azealia's music and creative mind. For the Whicked&Whimiscal and Weahlty theme I submitted the music video for Ice Princess. I think that we all love this song, however the music video might not be everyone's cup of tea but it is undeniable that the video is very creative and fun. It showcases a different side of Azealia and it totally fits the theme that was asked for. 

V1fx.gif

All of this proves that I deserve to win the first season of Represent with Azealia Banks. 

Lana Del Rey's Final Plea

poškození Guma Univerzita lana del rey logo Iniciativa Zablokovat Ochotný

Lana Del Rey Middle Finger GIF - Lana Del Rey Lana Del - Discover & Share  GIFs

For season 1 of Represent, I decided to pick the one and only Lana Del Rey

As far as my choices, I believe I was very versatile in my submissions. I have sent interview, photoshoots, fashion, music video, songs, moments like QFTC and release of Born To Die, and even an album trailer. I didn't want to play it safe or expected. Throughout the season, I was even able to win a few challenges which include the Tribute round where I sent a music video, the Sex round where I sent a fashion look, and the team round where we sent horror inspired music videos, which was my idea for the theme hehe. I'd like to think my submissions were creative and were able to hold their own against some visual visionaries, fashion icons, and overall superstars in the competition. 

As far as strategy goes, I think I played a good strategic game. Since this game is very cutthroat and since we get to vote each other off, I wanted to make sure I had allies and that I wasn't seen as too big of a threat. I wanted to remain in the background, but still have strong moments and show I am a competitor. I also wanted to play a nice game. I never played any advantages that hindered anyone, that way I can keep my allies open. Another strategic move that got me into the finale was cracking the code of the Finale Part 1 clues. After winning the Legacy round, my team got an advantage and we decided that it was smartest to get the advantage that gave us +1 votes. I knew the first riddle would be that whoever gets the most votes in poll 1 would instantly be in the Finale, and (with a little luck) I was the winner of that round!

So why should Lana Del Rey win Represent Season 1? I think Lana is a well rounded artists that has it all. She has beautiful and cinematic visuals, a diverse discography, iconic pop culture moments, and a legacy that transcends pop music. In this game I showcased all the best that Lana has to offer. I played smart, creatively, and with risk. I think Lana would be the perfect representation of season 1 of Represent. 

Lana Del Rey Middle Finger GIF - Lana Del Rey Lana Del - Discover & Share  GIFs

With our pleas complete, it is now up to our judges ( @dweebz@Speezy@Yvess) to decide our winner.

They will give each competitor a score from 1-50 for the categories of Catalog, Strategy, and Final Plea, for a maximum point total of 150 points. 

The contestant with the highest point value will win Represent. Best of luck to our final three!

Edited by TruGemini

OH WOW THIS IS GOING TO BE SO HARD!

Judge Yvess' Final Critiques

See the source image

The three of you really did so well from start to finish and it is going to be so hard to choose a winner but we gotta do our job as a judge.

Let me offer my final message to the 3 of you, our Finale Girls!

Katy Perry

@touya kinomoto

Woah girl! You really made it so far in this game and it well deserved. You made me so proud to be a Katycat! Great job as always! Congratulations!

Azealia Banks

@Thanatos

Well well well! You are slaying this game since day one and you being in the finale is a great accomplishment already. You didn't let us down with your entries. Queen! Congratulations!

Lana Del Rey

@kipperskipper

I'm obsessed! You're truly the dark horse of this competition and I love that you are in the finale to represent a great and talented artist. Slay miss queen! Congratulations!

And to our hoEst, @TruGemini,

congratulations for hosting your first game! It is fun working with a very considerate and open host! Hope this won't be the last of your game hosting gigs coz you are so fun to work with!

Thank you everyone!

2 minutes ago, Thanatos said:

Thank you for your kind words @Yvess :heart2:

honeycardi-azealia-banks.gif

you really made me proud sis coz having your artist is a great risk tbh! :hughard:

1 hour ago, Yvess said:

Katy Perry

@touya kinomoto

Woah girl! You really made it so far in this game and it well deserved. You made me so proud to be a Katycat! Great job as always! Congratulations!

thank you judge yvess. i'm glad i made you proud as a katycat. :heart:

1 minute ago, touya kinomoto said:

thank you judge yvess. i'm glad i made you proud as a katycat. :heart:

stream ROAR by Katy not Celestine ty :heart2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.