Represent S1 - WINNER REVEALED

TruGemini

2 hours ago, TruGemini said:

I'm extending the deadline until March 12th at 7PM. 

Chile.

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TruGemini

• Yvess

• Thanatos

• Julia Fox

3 hours ago, TruGemini said:

I'm extending the deadline until March 12th at 7PM. 

thank you <3 

You all had three days to collaborate, how'd you do?

qTz26R8.jpg

Team 1 Presents...

@DevonRoars@Not Like The Movies@Thanatos

Ge8I0C9.png

MOBILE: https://i.imgur.com/Ge8I0C9.png

Me, Myself, and I - Beyoncé: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S37SGxZSMc

7 rings - Ariana Grande: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYh6mYIJG2Y

Licorice - Azealia Banks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSdmqVER0tY

Team 2 Presents...

@wehavetostan @Luckitty @Opulent

For our group, we wanted to showcase the legacy of female sexuality as depicted in music videos. March is Women’s History Month, and we wanted to use this round to highlight how the expression of female sexuality has evolved over time.

We chose Mariah Carey to represent the past.

In her 1998 music video for “My All”, Mariah sets the stage by first appearing on an overturned vessel on a beach. She begins to sing about an estranged lover, and is unaccompanied for the majority of the video. She and her lover share a brief, intimate moment. The video is sensual, however, it is quite tame in comparison to what many female artists do in their music videos today. What made us consider this the past is the fact that it was filmed in black and white, and the video's more subtle depiction of sexuality.

For our representation of the present, we chose Bebe Rexha.

In the 2018 music video for her song "Say My Name", Bebe stuns in very revealing neon outfits. Although she is one of the three artists in this song and music video, she is the only female artist in the song and she commands the attention of the viewer. The video does a great job at juxtaposing Bebe's outfits with those of her male counterparts (David Guetta & J Balvin). The male collaborators on "Say My Name" wear much more clothes than Bebe, and they sit down in chairs while Bebe performs dance moves that require a lot of energy. In today's society, female artists are expected to be a lot more sexual and provocative than male artists, and this music video is a great example of that.

Finally, we chose Cardi B to represent the future.

In the music video for her 2021 #1 hit single "Up", Cardi comes in hot. She serves multiple futuristic-looking outfits, including a custom transparent plastic aquatic piece and a mermaid-like bodysuit that has a baroque porcelain-finish corset. Cardi displays her bisexuality in "Up" when she makes out with two different women. What made us choose this music video to represent the future is Cardi's strong display of sexuality. She makes it clear within the lyrics that she knows what she wants (such as the line "broke boys don't deserve no p***y (I know that's right"), and she solidifies that with this showstopping music video.

Team 3 Presents...

@kipperskipper @CBC @touya kinomoto

tumblr_mdvn8bMM0G1rprmv8o1_500.gif

Our group decided to portray the evolution and legacy of Horror.

Madonna- Past: Dark Ballet

Dark ballet is an interpretation of Joan of Arc. A woman is imprisoned and sentenced to be burned at the stake. But through her desperation she imagines herself free dancing while begging for freedom. Ultimately it is all in vain. This video symbolizes the horrors black, queer, and other minorities had to face in the past centuries.

Horror At Party Beach GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Lana- Present: Chemtrails over the Country Club

Modern day horror has evolved into the terrors of monsters, ghosts, demons, and anything supernatural as the star of the movie. The video for Chemtrails Over The Country Club stars Lana and her rich wealthy friends. They live joyously and luxuriously at their country club, but not everything is as it seems. When night falls, Lana and her fellow girlfriends turn into rampant werewolves! In the end Lana is seen washing off blood in the shower and the girls crawl into bed with their lovers, hungry for a snack!

Monster Movie House: Horror GIF Gallery

Katy Perry-Future; 365

365 is a Black Mirror-esque video about testing artificial intelligence's capability to feel human emotions especially love. Katy portrays an android being tested for emotions opposite her collaborator on the song, Zedd. The features possible future innovations with a storyline that is compelling and camp nature too that are highlights of Katy's videography. The future of horror may be the future itself!

@Speezy @dweebz @Yvess

Team 1:

WERKKKKKKKKKKK! I love this because it actually makes sense. I can see a clear line of influence between the past, the present, and the future. Now this is genius.

Team 2:

Mariah, yes. Bebe and Cardi are kind of the same. I dont see anything that really puts them in separate lanes. I really love the song choices... minus Bebe. But apart from that, I dont get it.

Team 3:

The most creative team! Katy is the clear standout because she is the future black-mirror thing, but Madonna and Lana could be the same time period. 

Great job you all.

This was very hard :weeps: 

So many good entries, the horror theme is a great choice!! 

Thanks dweebz:rainbow:

Yvess Critiques: LEGACY

avril-lavigne.gif

Team 1:

I love how the theme you picked worked on your team so well. I agree with all of the points you raised. The everchanging music trends is tricky but you guys made it work so well. Me Myself and I is so underrated! 7 Rings is definitely the NOW trend alongside Pop Rock/Punk resurgence. And I want to believe that the future is bright for Acid House! A very strong and cohesive entry!

Team 2:

@wehavetostan @Luckitty @Opulent

Cute effort. The theme is promising but I feel like this could have been properly executed well. Mimi definitely is the biggest legacy act in your group so that's great points already for putting her in the past section. Not so sure about Cardi and Bebe if I love it or hate it. Happy International Women's Month!

Team 3:

SLAAAAAAAYYYYY! I actually thought your group will suck but I am so happy to be proven wrong!  I love love love horror genre so having this as your theme made me so happy. The representations are wicked! I can't get enough of it. The three of you ate and left no crumbs!

@TruGemini

10 hours ago, dweebz said:

Team 3:

The most creative team! Katy is the clear standout because she is the future black-mirror thing, but Madonna and Lana could be the same time period. 

Great job you all.

:toofunny2:

2 hours ago, Yvess said:

Team 3:

SLAAAAAAAYYYYY! I actually thought your group will suck but I am so happy to be proven wrong!  I love love love horror genre so having this as your theme made me so happy. The representations are wicked! I can't get enough of it. The three of you ate and left no crumbs!

@TruGemini

Thank you judges :party:

thank you judges :heart2:

9 hours ago, Yvess said:

Yvess Critiques: LEGACY

avril-lavigne.gif

Team 1:

I love how the theme you picked worked on your team so well. I agree with all of the points you raised. The everchanging music trends is tricky but you guys made it work so well. Me Myself and I is so underrated! 7 Rings is definitely the NOW trend alongside Pop Rock/Punk resurgence. And I want to believe that the future is bright for Acid House! A very strong and cohesive entry!

@TruGemini

Thanks for the feedback :clap3: 

Edited by Thanatos

thank you judges!

so...

Today, three of you will leave Represent. Let's see the results. 

bCq1NWg.jpg

The maximum points amount of points you can recieve in this round is 9. 

The highest placing team, earning themselves a win a very special advantage in the game, is...

Spoiler

Team  3! 

elIILW9.gif  yHY30JA.gif mM8F1Dl.gif

You are all safe for the round and have earned an advantage! Check your group PM shortly for more info.

There was only a ONE point difference between winner, safe, and loser this round. 

The team remaining in the game is...

Spoiler

with 6 points...

Spoiler

the remaining team is...

Spoiler

Team 1!

@DevonRoars @Not Like The Movies @Thanatos

LTMCWbN.gif HM8BT1x.gif E71ATwy.gif

You have all made it yet another round, congrats!

This means that the team eliminated this round is...

Spoiler

Team 2.

@Luckitty @wehavetostan @Opulent

zpG5rIk.gif ppl6jch.gif PJ73YIA.gif

I'm sorry, but this ends your time in Represent.

Between the three of you, you have 8 wins, it is safe to say you all have definitely left your legacy on the game. 

Thank you for playing and I hope you all will tune in for the rest of the season.

Lana Del Rey, Madonna, Katy Perry, Ariana Grande, Beyonce, and Azealia Banks, congrats, you have all made it to the Final 6!

And this means...

HT9xyda.jpg

All of you, have made it to Part One of the three Part Represent Finale.

Over the next week, you all will battle for your spot in the Final 3. 

Part One begins...now.

In your submission PM's, you will be given three voting links. Vote in each one, you can vote for yourself if you choose.

You will know why, soon. 

Finale Part One is the last round to use advantages, if you'd like to use them, do so NOW. Do not wait for results, they will not be counted. 

@Speezy@dweebz  @Yvess

Edited by TruGemini

congrats to the Final 6!

MUCH LOVE to the eliminated girls, you gworls are also great!

I has a lot of fun playing this game, I never thought I'd make it this far tbh so i'm really happy about finishing in the top 10

thank you to the host, judges, and my teammates :biggrin:

@DevonRoars @Not Like The Movies @kipperskipper@touya kinomoto@Thanatos@CBC

Hint: 

The player with the highest vote count in Poll A is instantly______ into _____.

The two players in Poll B with the lowest point count will _____. 

The players with neither the highest or lowest point counts in Poll C are ____ and must _____ in ____ 2. 

Spoiler

Note: You can change your votes if you've already cast.  Just inform me in your submission PM.

Votes are due by 10:30 PM tonight.

Okay we love a good riddle :duca:

I‘m just going to stay with my votes and hope for the best

14 hours ago, TruGemini said:

@DevonRoars @Not Like The Movies @kipperskipper@touya kinomoto@Thanatos@CBC

Hint: 

The player with the highest vote count in Poll A is instantly______ into _____.

The two players in Poll B with the lowest point count will _____. 

The players with neither the highest or lowest point counts in Poll C are ____ and must _____ in ____ 2. 

Reveal hidden contents

Note: You can change your votes if you've already cast.  Just inform me in your submission PM.

Votes are due by 10:30 PM tonight.

The player with the highest vote count in Poll A is instantly sent into finale.

The two players in Poll B with the lowest point count will battle.

The player(s) with neither the highest or lowest point counts in Poll C are penalized and must compete in Part 2.

Any players who do not fit any of the above categories will also, compete in Part Two.

Any ties will be solved with a randomizer.

Results are coming tonight. 

A battle for the second spot in finale will begin tomorrow.

Finale Part 2, which will decide our third finalist, will conclude Sunday.

@Yvess @Speezy @dweebz

Edited by TruGemini

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.