• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TruGemini

• Yvess

• Thanatos

• Julia Fox

ATTENTION

I changed my mind. 

Everyone who didn't submit is eliminated, however they will be allowed to compete in the comeback.

Sorry if this is harsh, but there a lot of people here and I'm trying to have a relatively tight schedule.

I genuinely still thank each of you for signing up and hope this doesn't deter you from entering future seasons :heart:

qTz26R8.jpg

For Live Performance: 

Beyonce

Crazy In Love - Live At the 2003 BET Awards

Her debut solo performance which showcases her excellent performance abilities and foreshadows her future reign as a queen of music. Crazy in Love became a classic and is known as one of the best debut solo singles of all time. She has improved immensely since this performance because of her sensational showmanship and dedication however it encapsulates her phenomenal talent and her upcoming rise to stardom. 

Lady Gaga

Paparazzi - Live At the 2009 VMA's

Zendaya

Replay - Live Acoustic Performance

17 year old disney sensation Zendaya Coleman delivering a sweet and angelic vocal to her hit song Replay. Also offering a cute yet modest teen fashion moment.

Blackpink

BOOMBAYAH - Live at SBS Inkigayo

This performance shows how good Blackpink were right off the bat. Boombayah is such a statement of a song, and the choreography is just as explosive. The girls showed that they were here to stay.

Azealia Banks

212 - Live at Dublin

*Flashing lights warning for Yvesss (and anyone else who watches this)*

I decided to submit this live performance of Azealia Banks' hit single 212. This live performance was just 2 months after 212 was officially released and she showcases her emotions when the crowd is singing along to her song, for a new and young artist like her, this was very special. The performance might be bit rough but also showcases Azealia's passion for her art and all together it's amazing to see how much fun she had on stage with the crowd. 

Dua Lipa

I Would Rather Go Blind (Etta James) - Live Cover

The judge said they were looking for passion and enthusiasm during the debut era and I know this is a perfect example.

Ariana Grande

What It Means To Be a Friend - Live at Pittsburgh

Mariah Carey

Vision of Love - Live at 33rd Annual Grammy's

Charli XCX

You're The One - Live for The Line of Best Fit

2012 Charli XCX performing her single You're The One with almost no budget, wearing a "cool" outfit including animal print and sneakers + eye make up giving an emo/dark vibe, channeling 2000's style without knowing she'd become one of the most promising and risky pop artists in recent memory.

HAIM

Let Me Go - Live at SXSW 2012

Just 3 talented sisters giving a raw passionate performance, rocking out their instruments in front of a very small audience :gaycat1:

Selena Gomez

More - Live at Dick Clark's New Years Rockin Eve 2010

Madonna 

Holiday - Live at Solid Gold 1984

For Fashion

Katy Perry

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSEs7Fna6-9RqHJKpDB2M4

Katy in her early days was known for to be a pin-up poster kind of girl.

Grace Jones

44f27cbe3fa90f681636bad49d591a69.jpg

Since her early days Grace was such a provocative, sexual and campy/theatrical figure in the public eye with her androgynous style and bold features just like this pic from 1977 year of the release of her debut album “Portfolio."

Britney Spears

5pIVIcl.jpg

I chose this outfit because it highlights the innocence and naivety of artists when they first join the music industry and are considered 'up and coming'. Britney was also only 16 at the time.

Charlize Theron

rrRectZ.jpg

Charlize before becoming Oscar winning actress was a model. At 16, she entered a Johannesburg modeling contest, which she won. She soon traveled to Italy, where she won the International New Model Today competition, and began a modeling career in earnest. This is one of her first photos which brought the eyes of modeling world to Charlize.

Hillary Duff

46830868_2330994313640644_49251047499775

Being the relatable girl next door was Hilary's brand in the "Lizzie McGuire" days so that's why I choose this outfit :gaycat4:

Angelina Jolie 

1998-11-2000.jpg

Emmys, 1998. Predates her meteoric rise to stardom with Girl, Interrupted. It is a simple beige, minimalist gown, probably my favorite of her early appearances. I find many of her early red carpet looks to miss the mark, somewhat grungy but disorganized, an indictment of a then new actor coalescing a trademark look for herself. This one is simple but clean and elegant.

For Interview:

Kylie Minogue

Interview on Wogan - July 1988

Here we have Kylie Minogue, who started her career as a child actress in Australia, in an interview talking about going into singing. She displays her charisma and ability to navigate an interview well here (even when the interviewer is serving creep :biblio:). Nobody knew back then that she would become known as a legend in the music industry.

Cardi B

Interview with Billboard - August 2017

Lana Del Rey

Interview with Myspace - January 2012

This is one of Lana's first major interviews. It is a perfect introduction of who she is as an artist, person, and singer. We get to know her background, what inspires her, and what she wants to do with her art.

Now, it is in the hands of the judges. 

@Yvesswill choose one winner from the Live Performance category, and two losers to go into the elimination.

@dweebzwill choose one winner from the Fashion category, and two losers will go into the elimination.

@Speezywill choose one winner from the Interview category, and one loser will go into elimination.

Good luck. 

@Not Like The Movies @DevonRoars@Thanatos@Samsom@Noah@Opulent@Acetone@M a n o b a n@Overprotected@Psycho@Kylie Jenner@beatinglikeadrum@touya kinomoto@JDC@selena_lavigne@kipperskipper@Luckitty@99sandthe2000s@PiecesOfYou@wehavetostan@DAP

Edited by TruGemini

Lowkey surprised at the interview group was expecting one person:gaycat1:. But I see talent came through 

oh wow, too many live performances, i love it.... lemme start reviewing 

See the source image

2 minutes ago, kipperskipper said:

Interview girls should all be safe :giraffe:

I already decided that in S2 the category with the least entrants will automatically be safe, I want my risk taking girlies to be rewarded :gaycat1:

Spoiler

good thing I axed the twist that would've made there be one elimination for each category, the lashings I would've recieved  :deadbanana4:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

props to live performance girls!

Edited by Yvess

R1: UP and COMING

LIVE PERFORMANCES

Y V E S S

See the source image

(the critiques are arranged alphabetically)

@DevonRoarsAriana Grande
What It Means To Be a Friend - Live at Pittsburgh

How lucky the audience is to attend one of the first Ari concerts! She really looked and sounded so promising, that vocal technique is so pristine and pure! This performance reminds me of the early performing days of my other forgotten fave which is Mandy Moore. 

@ThanatosAzealia Banks
212 - Live at Dublin

Wow, the energy she's giving in this gig is so infectious, no wonder the crowd in the video is having great fun! There are some imperfections but her energy and vibe compensates for it. This performance shows the passion any up and coming artist gets when they receive great feedback from their audience, truly special. I love how your essay encapsulates what I felt from watching this video.

@Not Like The MoviesBeyonce
Crazy In Love - Live At the 2003 BET Awards

This is so nostalgic and I am such a stan for the choreography of CIL mv so I love seeing her doing it live effortlessly, her vocals are really on point here too despite the choreography. Also, I must commend you for your writing, you definitely know how to hype me up for her performance with that writing prompt. 

@manoban BLACKPINK 

BOOMBAYAH - Live at SBS Inkigayo

OH WOW! BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA! YUP YUP YUP! I 100% agree with your writing, they really are multiskilled and shows so much promise in this performance. The song choice is *chef's kiss*, one of the strongest debut songs by a girlgroup ever!

@JDCCharli XCX
You're The One - Live for The Line of Best Fit

Cute performance, she is really talented early on her career! I love the energy she gave althrough out the performance.

@AcetoneDua Lipa
I Would Rather Go Blind (Etta James) - Live Cover

Aw. She shows passion in performing this classic. I miss hearing her in ballads. This is so cute to watch but it kinda feels like lacking that X-factor. 

@OverprotectedHAIM
Let Me Go - Live at SXSW 2012

WOW, this feels so raw and pure. Talented sisters wbk.

@NoahLady Gaga
Paparazzi - Live At the 2009 VMA's

We stan an illuminati ritual live on tv. I still remember how scared I am as a kid watching this video thinking it is cursed or will haunt me in my dreams. If there is anything that is consistent with Gaga from her debut up to now is that she is so convincing in any of her performances. Having said that, her skills in performing here is so stanworthy, no wonder we all had our own little monster era. I love her vocals adlibs too. THAT BLOODY MOMENT is ICONIQUE.

@CBCMadonna 
Holiday - Live at Solid Gold 1984

Her energy is so fitting for this round. I like this song a lot! 

@OpulentMariah Carey
Vision of Love - Live at 33rd Annual Grammy's

Skinny Legend! Songbird Supreme! The talent, passion, enthusiasm and artistry she showed here is the definition of this round. She slayed us with this single performance. Her live performances of Vision of Love will always be one of the gold standards i fear. And this particular video you sent proves that she is ready to stomp on all of our faves. 

@selena_lavigneSelena Gomez
More - Live at Dick Clark's New Years Rockin Eve 2010

The Baby Mexican Madonna is visually stunning. Inch resting energy.

@99sandthe2000sZendaya
Replay - Live Acoustic Performance

She is so pretty! This laidback acoustic performance of Replay is actually cute. She sounds way better than her other Disney counterparts for sure. 

OVERALL:

Kudos to everyone in this Live Performance round for sending in strong entries, it is hard to rank the girls because all did well and followed what I posted in the thread. It is so hard to pick a winner but it is more harder to pick the bottoms of this group. So if you happened to be the bottom of this bunch, please don't think you're a flop coz you're not bb! Best of luck, ladies! 

Edited by Yvess

Judge Yvess is satisfied with my entry. GREAT

azealia-banks-hummm.gif

„The beats are like scripts, and the raps are my monologue“

1 hour ago, DevonRoars said:

Mandy Moore :deadbanana:

I don't know if that's positive or not, but thank you.

well.... lemme give u a clue... :eli:

i lived in the Philippines and grew up with a Mandy Moore era being bigger than Xtina's stripped. Her impacT in my heart will live forever

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NkVsJGl5d6E

58 minutes ago, Thanatos said:

Judge Yvess is satisfied with my entry. GREAT

azealia-banks-hummm.gif

„The beats are like scripts, and the raps are my monologue“

messT i didn't know u are miss banksy.. i even thot ur Gaga lol but yes i love that gig video... :heart:

Edited by Yvess

There are so many performance entries. :deadbanana2: And they're all on point. Good luck to the judge! Hard decision!

9 minutes ago, Euterpe said:

There are so many performance entries. :deadbanana2: And they're all on point. Good luck to the judge! Hard decision!

And to think the judge was the first to post the lashings say how compromise is ha! 

Edna Mode  AKA dweebz

edna-mode.gif

Katy Perry @touya kinomoto
Shut up and put your money where your mouth is, that’s what you get for waking up in Vegas! Ms. Perry, this is absolutely divine. The year is 2008, Top 40 was Pop and R&B and the world was… right. For the time, this was THE moment! Everything about this look is so perfect.

Grace Jones @Samsom

Aww, I love this. It’s a baby Grace Jones. The backbones of her aesthetic, if you will. Thank you so much for adding the year, it allows me to judge this in the correct perspective. The cape, the mini dress, the arm décor. Crazy, CooCoo, ****.

Britney Spears @Kylie Jenner

I wish you added a gif and I wish I could see the entire outfit, because we know those thigh high socks MAKE the outfit. The styling is iconic and quite revolutionary in fashion when it came out. For impact, this is very strong. Your execution could have been better.

Charlize Theron @beatinglikeadrum

Charlize, its very hard for anyone to get a picture of who you are when you’re in lingerie. Unless you’re Adriana Lima, lingerie isn’t going to work for you. The most defining feature doesn’t even involve the fashions, it’s the beautifully places beauty mark. This. Is. Not. Good.

Hilary Duff @PiecesOfYou

That chunky slipper with the pink blouse solidified your spot in the top. This is fashion forward, but I can see it in every “white” girl in the USA, year 2001.

Angelina Jolie @DAP

This is exhibiting the same issue I had with Ms. Theron. It’s a dress its self is a GORGEOUS off the shoulder Randolph Drake dress. And, on Angelina Jolie, she’s wearing it effortlessly. But, where is the context? Who is she? That’s my issue. 

Overall:

This was an amazing round and a great way for you all to dip your toes in the fashion pool. As fashion extraordinaire Edna Mode, I said what I said… now seethe!

Edited by dweebz

I was searching for ages for a gif that wasn’t blurry but they were all terrible quality so I just ended up passing on that :chick3: but thank you!

dweebz and his tasteless ways didnt change since ANTM.

Stream When I'm Gone you guys.

Edited by beatinglikeadrum

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.