Represent S1 - WINNER REVEALED

TruGemini

WZdCooT.jpg

The votes are in. Let's begin.

@Not Like The Movies @DevonRoars@Thanatos@Samsom  @Opulent@Acetone@M a n o b a n@Overprotected@Psycho @beatinglikeadrum@touya kinomoto@kipperskipper@Luckitty@99sandthe2000s@PiecesOfYou@wehavetostan

With 4 votes to eliminate, the first...and only safe person in this round is...

Spoiler

hAwOwms.gif

Charlize, yet again, you survive. Congrats.

Now, in an unprecedented event...Madonna and Dua Lipa have TIED, both having a total of five votes each. 

However, today, we will not be going to a tiebreaker, which would be the judges deciding who should be eliminated. 

Why not? Because...

82005e0116cc692ef98beae7a0bea4bce7ab4118

The advantage, ÷2, has been anonymously played on...

Spoiler

yHY30JA.gif

This means that Madonna's vote total during this round is divided by 2, which would leave Madonna with a grand total of 2.5 votes. 

That means that this elimination is no longer a tie, and we must say goodbye to...

Spoiler

TjVe8K2.gif

Dua Lipa, I'm sorry but with five votes against you, you are the fifth person leaving the game. You will be welcomed to the Hall of Fame shortly.

Well, that was a riveting elimination everyone! 

Next up, another double elimination. 

Round Five is coming within the next few hours, get ready to be inspired.

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TruGemini

• Yvess

• Thanatos

• Julia Fox

Charlize queen of saving :clap3:

also glad Madonna stays, she is a good contender, on the other hand Dua is not that much, she's so new but I hope she made to comeback tbh 

32 minutes ago, Samsom said:

also glad Madonna stays, she is a good contender, on the other hand Dua is not that much, she's so new but I hope she made to comeback tbh 

I'm glad you're playing too. Grace is a legend for a reason :clap3:

2 minutes ago, CBC said:

Only legendz :gaycat4:

2 hours ago, CBC said:

I’m glad you’re still here ?

That's too bad, maybe if Dua recorded studio vocals for this remix...

It's time to pay your respects. 

eaIrx8M.jpg

@Not Like The Movies @DevonRoars@Thanatos@Samsom  @Opulent@M a n o b a n@Overprotected@Psycho @beatinglikeadrum@touya kinomoto@kipperskipper@Luckitty@99sandthe2000s@PiecesOfYou@wehavetostan

For Round Five, I want you all to pay tribute. This can be to a style, an artist, a video, a period of history, a film, literally anything, but you have to pay clear and direct homage to it. 

For this Round, descriptions are required, with a 75 word maximum (you can use WordCounter for help checking.)

For your Pick One submission pools, they are...

1. Music Video (judged by @Speezy) - Submit a music video that best represents the theme, Homage. 

2. Fashion (judged by @Yvess) - Submit a fashion look that best represents the theme, Homage. 

3. Live Performance (judged by @dweebz) - Submit a look that best represents the theme, Homage. 

The deadline is January 18th, 7:30 PM EST. If an extension is needed, you must inform me before 2:30PM.

Also, remember that this is a DOUBLE ELIMINATION.

And for extra incentive...this round (and the next double that happens in R7) will have DOUBLE WINNERS. Which means that each category will have 2 winners IF a category has more than 4 entrants. If less than 4 entrants, things will go as they have in past rounds. 

Good luck girlies.

Edited by TruGemini

@Not Like The Movies @DevonRoars@Thanatos@Samsom  @Opulent@M a n o b a n@Overprotected@Psycho @beatinglikeadrum@touya kinomoto@kipperskipper@Luckitty@99sandthe2000s@PiecesOfYou@wehavetostan

Sorry for the double tag everyone, but I'm going to feel bad if I don't say this, even though I'm technically spoiling a future round theme. 

Mythology is going to be a round in the not so distant future, it is presented differently that this round, but still, it will be a theme.

So just a general note to all of you, you might not want to submit Mythological inspired themes for Homage if you don't have something else can be used in the future for that round (assuming you make it :gaycat3:.)

Once again, sorry for the double tag, but I don't want to see you all use material for future rounds :heart:

3 hours ago, DevonRoars said:

I’m glad you’re still here ?

Thank you! Can't wait for your homage entry :hug:

12 hours ago, TruGemini said:

Fashion (judged by @Yvess) - Submit a fashion look that best represents the theme, Homage. 

For Fashion,

Entries that can really encapsulate your artist paying tribute to an icon that had some similarities with their music or acting career get great scores. A caption or even a brief explanation can also help :heart:

if i don't win this, it is rigged.

1 minute ago, touya kinomoto said:

if i don't win this, it is rigged.

is that my hubby Tay Tawan on ur avi? omg

3 hours ago, Yvess said:

is that my hubby Tay Tawan on ur avi? omg

excuse me, your hubby? that's my husband.

Changed my submission because I want to try something different and risky but at the same time incredible and groundbreaking! Hope the judge like it 

On 1/17/2022 at 6:23 PM, TruGemini said:

Sorry for the double tag everyone, but I'm going to feel bad if I don't say this, even though I'm technically spoiling a future round theme. 

Mythology is going to be a round in the not so distant future, it is presented differently that this round, but still, it will be a theme.

So just a general note to all of you, you might not want to submit Mythological inspired themes for Homage if you don't have something else can be used in the future for that round (assuming you make it :gaycat3:.)

Once again, sorry for the double tag, but I don't want to see you all use material for future rounds :heart:

Reminder, entries are due in an hour. 2 have still not submitted.

qTz26R8.jpg

Let's see how you all decided to pay homage!

Music Video

A Tribute to the Assassination of John F. Kennedy and Marilyn Monroe.

Lana Del Ray (ft ASAP Rocky) - National Anthem

In National Anthem, Lana is playing homage to the assassination of JFK. ASAP Rocky is JFK, Lana is Jackie Kennedy, and in the beginning she also plays homage to Marylin Monroe's infamous "Happy Birthday Mr. President".

A Tribute to the 90's Television Program, In Living Color

Cardi B and Bruno Mars - Finesse Remix

The video for Finesse pays homage to the 90’s tv show “In Living Color."

A Tribute to Arab Culture

Hillary Duff - Stranger

The Stranger video shows Hilary paying homage to the arab culture (the belly dancing and the harem custome.)

Fashion

Zendaya - A Tribute to Donyale Luna

RSJxAeA.jpg

Full Pictures

For the 50th anniversary issue of Essence magazine Zendaya pays visual homage to the 60s era supermodel Donyale Luna (the first black model to cover British Vogue in 1966), a groundbreaking and polarizing figure. This stunning black and white shoot honors fashion history and pays respect to a figure that was cited as the first black supermodel.

Kylie Minogue - A Tribute to Showgirls

rU2lhzI.jpg

Full Pictures

This is an outfit from Kylie's Showgirl Tour in 2005, where she wore outfits by iconic designers like John Galliano and Karl Lagerfeld. The outfit clearly pays tribute to the iconic showgirl style. A showgirl is a female dancer or performer in a stage show intended to showcase the performer's physical attributes, typically by way of revealing clothing, toplessness, or nudity. The opulent jewels and extravagant feathers make this look a treat to the eye.

Blackpink - A Tribute  to Hanbok Fashion

1ddabb9ae1524417b34ba79d83cfb40b.jpg

These outfits from the show You Like That music video are modernized versions of hanbok, a traditional style of Korean fashion. They payed homage to Jisoo, Jennie, and Rosé’s Korean heritage without directly copying traditional designs. As one of the most globally popular Kpop groups, Blackpink also exposed westerners to another aspect of Korean culture through these looks.

Bebe Rexha - A Tribute to the Wedding of Anna Nicole Smith and J. Howard Marshall.

NmxZiJe.jpeg

In this photoshoot Bebe pays homage to the icon Anna Nicole Smith and her infamous wedding to J. Howard Marshall.

Katy Perry - A Tribute to Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake

vzJSkXY.png

Full Pictures

I'm sending in Katy Perry's red carpet look from the 2014 Video Music Awards. It was clearly an homage to the Princess of Pop herself, Britney Spears. She even brought rent-a-rapper Riff Raff to be her JT. She really went in on this homage.

Charlize Theron - A Tribute to Marilyn Monroe

IMG-20220118-144308.jpg

Homage to Marilyn Monroe.

Azealia Banks -

9030ed8ae02ba1bcfd07e761a6e9c799290fad79

DUeE.gif

urn:cambridge.org:id:binary:201809041308

In her music video Chasing Time, Azealia Amanda Banks pays homage to one of her biggest idols Lil Kim. 
Azealia is wearing a stunning black body-suit that showcases her right boob with a nipple cover, obviously referencing Lil Kim's ICONIC 1999 VMA red carpet look. Azealia's outfit is styled with overknee fringe boots, black leather gloves and a fierce eye patch.

Live Performance

A Tribute to Patti Labelle

Mariah Carey - Patti Medley

At the 1998 Essence Music Awards, Mariah honored Patti Labelle by performing a cover of her songs “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” and “If Only You Knew” while Patti sat and watched in the audience. Mariah delivered an emotional, soulful and melismatic performance in honor of her Godmother, and Patti herself gave Mariah a standing ovation at the end of the performance. 

A Tribute to Madonna

Madonna - Madonna Medley

I decided to pay homage to the queen herself. Guess who!

The 2003 VMA performance is an homage to Madonna's iconic VMA performance at the first ever MTV VMAs in 1984.

A Tribute to Fleetwood Mac

HAIM - Oh Well

From their first record, Days Are Gone, HAIM has been heavily inspired in their music by Fleetwood Mac and here they make justice to one of FM's lesser known songs :gaycat4:

A Tribute to Luciano Pavarotti

Grace Jones and Luciano Pavarotti - Tribute

On 2002 Jones travelled to Italy to a benefit concert leaded by Opera legend Luciano Pavarotti and sang one of his most iconic songs with Pavarotti. When she came to the stage a lot of people started laughing because her extravagant outfit but when she started to sing she shut up the entire crowd and then they only cheered because her incredible vocals sounded as good as King Pavarotti.

A Tribute to Whitney Houston 

Ariana Grande - Whitney Medley

It's no secret that Ariana Grande is a hugely inspired by Whitney Houston and she paid homage to Whitney Houston by performing two of the late singing icon’s most famous tunes on the season finale of ABC’s Greatest Hits. While also paying homage to the decade she dominated with one of it's famous dances by voguing. Whitney's talent is undeniable.. And there's not a lot of girls who she gave credit to, but I'm sure she would have been stanning Legend and Icon, Ariana, for slaying this.

A Tribute to Motown

Beyonce - Listen

"Listen" from the Dreamgirls soundtrack pays homage to the Motown genre and female Motown artists from that era. The movie is a direct tribute to the Motown genre and this song references the soul and powerhouse divas of that time. In this performance, Bey sings her heart out and delivers one of her best vocal performances of all time. This song is incredibly hard to sing and requires very accurate and strong technique therefore in this performance she has definitely cemented herself as one of the best vocalists in our generation and of all time period. An undoubtedly captivating and legendary performance.  

Alright judges, @Yvess, @dweebz, @Speezy, it is now up to you all to determine which two from your category are winners, and which two are losers. For the category of Music Video, due to it only having three entrants, it will only have one winner and one loser.

YouTube Playlist for Music Videos

YouTube Playlist for Performances

Edited by TruGemini

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.