Represent S1 - WINNER REVEALED

TruGemini

Round Inspiration

Making this round, my inspirations were...

Music Video: 

Scream - Michael and Janet Jackson

If you don't know why this is innovative...serve OUT!

Fashion:

Honestly, many moments inspired this, but more than anything, this: 

Janet Jackson's Poetic Justice Braids

I know hair might seem like an odd fit for fashion, but is it really? The braids Janet wore in this film not only became an iconic hairstyle for the character, but the entire African American community. 

Moment:

What a queen of controversy. 

Janet's Would You Mind Live Performances

It's one thing to pull a fan on stage, it's another to make them ejaculate on said stage in front of a crowd of people. This was innovative, ground breaking, and absolutely iconic.

I hope these have helped to show you some of what I mean by the theme, Innovation. Remember to look out for Judge Preferences below to get an even better view on what you should be submitting.

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TruGemini

• Yvess

• Thanatos

• Julia Fox

Honestly, for me, innovation means game changing but also bold. If you’re going to flop, FLOP FUCKING HARD!

Hope you guys are paying attention :giraffe:

I do not want to see “sex/sexiness” as the forefront so avoid those for me unless they are very unique, and well executed, creative and also follow the guidelines below …

For these entries I want boldness, uniqueness, freshness and organic!!! Feel free to add Descriptions as the Host made available for y’all to do so. 

I do not want the thought of  “oh X,Y and Z did that” while judging your video this round. 

Edited by Speezy

for this round, i wanna see moments from your faves that will make me say this:

See the source image

so it should be something that is groundbreaking and ofc something that is more beneficial than damaging to her career in the long run

Charli did not deserve to get the chop when we have people who don‘t even submit 

playforfortunes-azealiabanks.gif

4 hours ago, Yvess said:

for this round, i wanna see moments from your faves that will make me say this:

See the source image

so it should be something that is groundbreaking and ofc something that is more beneficial than damaging to her career in the long run

I see what you did there

azealia-banks-thegagaprint.gif

2 hours ago, Thanatos said:

I see what you did there

azealia-banks-thegagaprint.gif

i----

am i going to get an igs hahaaha

2 hours ago, Thanatos said:

Charli did not deserve to get the chop when we have people who don‘t even submit 

THIS!!!!! eliminate lazy binches!!!! :fan:

5 minutes ago, Yvess said:

i----

am i going to get an igs hahaaha

Maybe? 
Or Dweebz will get a fashion moment?:sistrens:

Or a music video for Speezy? 

You‘ll find out soon 

azealia-banks-egirlpeaches.gif

8 hours ago, Thanatos said:

What is this te

sent and ate! 

82005e0116cc692ef98beae7a0bea4bce7ab4118

@Not Like The Movies @DevonRoars@Thanatos@Samsom@Noah@Opulent@Acetone@M a n o b a n@Overprotected@Psycho

@Kylie Jenner@beatinglikeadrum@touya kinomoto@kipperskipper@Luckitty@99sandthe2000s@PiecesOfYou@wehavetostan@DAP

@Yvess @Speezy @dweebz

Opulent/Mariah Carey has used her advantage, Doctor Miami. 

For Round Three, Innovation, they will submit as...

Spoiler

Ei1F1Dc.gif

Michael Jackson! 

While you all are here, reminder that entries are due within 12 hours. 

Going to move the deadline to 4:30PM EST to give you all a bit more time. 

I love Miranda Crosgrove so glad to have her on this first season of REPRESENT :clap3:

3 minutes ago, Overprotected said:

Mariah is an innovative legend you flop!

Tea, no Obsessed Music Video :chick3: this round 

10 minutes ago, Overprotected said:

Mariah is an innovative legend you flop!

The way she would have save that challenge on another round where Mariah lacks (fashion or avant garde idk) but well…

qTz26R8.jpg

@Not Like The Movies @DevonRoars@Thanatos@Samsom@Noah@Opulent@Acetone@M a n o b a n@Overprotected@Psycho@Kylie Jenner@beatinglikeadrum@touya kinomoto@kipperskipper@Luckitty@99sandthe2000s@PiecesOfYou@wehavetostan@DAP

You all were tasked with the theme of Innovation, let's see how you did!

First things first, due to two non-submissions, Britney Spears is  DQ'd. 

A submission wasn't received from Dua Lipa or Hillary Duff, due to this, they aren't eligible to win this round and have until midnight to submit, if no submission is given, they will be thrown into elimination with a penalty vote. 

Onto the entries!

Music Videos (judged by @Speezy)

Katy Perry - E.T (ft. Kanye West)

When I think of an innovative Katy Perry video, this is the one that comes to mind. This VMA-winning video is well done with all the graphics, fashion and other technical aspects coming together to tell a wonderful story.

The Chainsmokers - Call You Mine (ft. Bebe Rexha)

the critically acclaimed music video tells a story in reverse about a stripper whose plotting to murder 2 white guys, the innovative music video received an award at the VMAs :1stplace:

Michael Jackson - Thriller

Fashion (judged by @dweebz)

Lady Gaga

w5fnelr.png

The meat dress is often considered to be one of the most iconic pop culture fashion moments ever and is one of Gaga’s most notable looks that inspired the wave of eccentric and unconventional fashion among pop stars throughout the early 2010s. The dress was stitched together backstage at the 2010 VMAs with raw flank steak from the designer’s family butcher. It went on to be preserved as jerky by taxidermists and has since been displayed in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Blackpink

blackpink-kill-this-love-MV-2019-billboa

Blackpink went for a very unique look with these outfits from the Kill This Love video. Each outfit has its own style, but they blend well together. Lisa’s glasses are especially innovative in my opinion.

Madonna

IniFN3G.png

Zendaya 

4SPebkg.jpg

6r6IDUJ.jpg

Trendsetter and Met Gala darling Zendaya Coleman wowed the crowd and topped the best dressed list in 2018 with her stunning, custom Versace chain-mail gown that pays homage to the patron saint Joan of Arc. The design serves as a unique and bold statement of strength, regal beauty, simplicity, and elegance. Zendaya's styling is an innovative take on the year's theme: Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination.

Moment (judged by @Yvess)

Ariana Grande 

Vogue Interview

Grace Jones

Grace Jones destroyed a plant and flirts with audience on Chilean TV

On 1982 Grace Jones came to Chile to perform on a very famous night show. At that time Chile was going through a military dictatorship so the country was very muted and conservative but with her sexual and eccentric presence she challenged any social norm on the studio and the million of people on the TV. She destroyed a plant, flirt with man of the audience who were accompanied by their wives. The moment was highly commented even today, being replicated on humor and recap shows and press. Also Chilean indie singer Entropica tributed that moment on the MV of her single Formas.

the full performance is here if you are curious

Charlize Theron 

Perfume Commercial

The iconic commercial which changed the world of perfumes forever. The look, simplicity, the walk.

Kylie Mingoue

Live Performance

One of Kylie's most iconic moments, she enters on a giant record plastered with her first name on it. The performance itself was innovative because it was a mashup of Kylie's hit Can't Get You Out Of My Head and New Order's Blue Monday. This mashup helped popularize the trend that was popular especially in UK pop music in the 2000s. The set and dancers are very futuristic, contributing to the innovation. The performance no doubt inspired pop girls after, like Dua Lipa.

Beyonce 

Live Performance

This is honestly one of the best performances and moments I have seen during an award show as a teenager. I remember watching this award shows and being mind blown at this entire segment, to me this is a masterpiece and a masterclass in showmanship. Bey continued to raise the bar and excel at every thing she does. This performance screams innovation in the set design, the advanced technology, the difficulty, the precision and the overall creativity. It is undoubtedly hard to execute a performance like this in such an excellent manner which Bey did.  Bey has always been a feminist and she stands for women rights and this moment along with the beautiful intro and the performance demonstrates her passion. A vocalist, a dancer, a performer, an innovator, an activist. We have no choice but to stan! 

HAIM

Speech

Feminist queens!!

Azealia Banks

THE SURPRISE RELEASE OF AZEALIA'S DEBUT ALBUM BROKE WITH EXPENSIVE TASTE

07/11/14, the stan culture scene stood still as Azealia Banks surprise released her debut album after a delay of over 2 years. Labeled by Rolling Stones as 2014's "boldest release", already back in 2013 AB said about BWET: " I really do think that I have the most innovative hip hop record that hip hop will see in the last 10 years and the next 25 years and I challenge Kanye West to do that..."

It's a FACT that this would have been nominated for a Grammy if it wasn't for the name Azealia Banks. When this came out, we were all gagged, we were all thinking, "She's an icon, she's a legend and she IS the moment". 

Lana Del Rey

Born To Die Album Release

Born To Die has been regarded as one of the most influential and inovative albums of the past century by many music critics. Over the years, it has changed and impacted the music industry, and has charted on the Billboard 200 for over 414 weeks (It is still charting today at 112 almost 10 years later). Many artists have been influenced by Lana and her songwriting, aesthetics, and music (Including Taylor Swift who said that Lana is the most influential artists in pop music).  Born To Die had cemented Lana as an innovator and landed her the critical acclaim as one of the best songwriters of all time.

Cardi B

Live Performance

This phenomenal performance marked a shift in Cardi B's career, introduced Latin Trap to the masses, and brought Bad Bunny into the mainstream. I Like It was a celebration of Cardi's heritage, featuring colorful visuals, outfits, and salsa dancing. It's no surprise that Billboard named "I Like It" the best performance of the 2018 American Music Awards.

Angelina Jolie

Bradgelina

avUMbMd.jpg

Unlikely admired homewrecker, 2005. It is seldom usual for even the most revered of celebrities to evade intense scrutiny amidst widely publicized scandal. Yet Angelina, through her personal exploits, became the unusual combination of a wanton woman, humanitarian, activist, mother, and Academy Award winning actress, highlighting a career with the hallmarks of classic Golden age Hollywood cinema.

Hillary Duff (ineligible for WIN)

PSA

For this round I decided to use the 2008 PSA commercial that Hilary did calling out the negative use of the word "gay" from people. Back then celebrities supporting the LGBT community was not as common as it is today so it felt huge at the time that a celebrity like Hilary was advocating for a less judgmental and ignorant society.

Dua Lipa (ineligible for WIN)

Live Performance

Starting her sophomore era fresh with her lead single, Dua came back with stage presence and choreography after facing backlash in her first era. She proved she was not here to play and set the stage for an incredibly satisfying era. 

Edited by TruGemini

Oh I thought Yvess was judging moment 

5 minutes ago, Not Like The Movies said:

Oh I thought Yvess was judging moment 

You didn't see anything :giraffe:

Edited by TruGemini

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.