• JGibson

• TheWayWeWere

• Sunderland 4ever

14 hours ago, wish said:

#30 to #21

:heart2:

30. Follow The White Rabbit, Madison Beer 

Genre: Alternative Pop, Electropop

Madison is a gorgeous girl but I fear her music & talent is underestimated seemingly for that very reason lol. A lot of people have counted her out. But I see big potential here, she is a dark pop diva with great vocal capabilities and this track is proof that she's cooler than people give her credit for. The chorus SLAPS, these drums?? Praying she goes even deeper with this sound experimentation (& works on her lyrics a bit ki)

-

29. Señorita, Arca

Genre: Experimental Hip Hop, Industrial Hip Hop

Arca is an artist whom I greatly admire - she is an incredible producer, a one-of-a-kind creative mind. Her presence in the music industry is quite important & I'm confident in her ability to push things forward. With that said, I find a lot of her music impenetrable and at times, off-putting. While the new Kicks haven't fully clicked with me yet, there are select tracks that hit hard. This HIT is a great example.

-

28. Deja Vu, Olivia Rodrigo

Genre: Alternative Pop

By far the most unique and interesting song in Olivia's catalogue up to this point. Love the touch of grittiness in the drums & synths and how well they contrast with the dreamy first verse. It's well written, well produced, and her vocals are emotive enough to sell the story. Hoping she continues down this route. 

-

27. Only Seeing God When I Come, Sega Bodega

Genre: UK Garage, Ambient Pop

This is quite a pretty & intimately written electronic track. The production is ethereal and top notch (I'd expect nothing less from Sega Bodega). Something about that descending melody just repeating over and over again evokes feelings of hopelessness and surrender, especially when paired with the lyrics. Love this, it's probably his best solo song imo

-

26. Cologne, beabadobee

Genre: Indie Rock, Noise Pop

Beabadoobee comes through with a classic indie rock track. Everything is in its right place without sounding generic. The drums are perfectly punchy and I adore the guitar in the chorus. And that break HITSSS, ugh it's such a great catchy pop song while still pushing the boundaries sonically, which is definitely my brand. 

-

25. Thot Shit, Megan thee Stallion

Genre: Trap, Southern Hip Hop

One of Megan's best mainstream singles to date simply because she is being 100% authentically herself and not trying to pander to the charts. She absolutely shines on these verses, what a fucking talent. Megan throws her shots and the bars just roll off her tongue. She makes it look so easy.

-

24. BDE, Shygirl & slowthai

Genre: Alternative Hip Hop, UK Bass

So fucking hot. Shygirl said size matters and well, I can't disagree :keir: This is a rough, booming slutty club anthem that's one moment away from losing control. The good sis is HORNY and slowthai sounds more than ready to fulfill her need. In a perfect world, this would have been a Platinum record like WAP. 

-

23. Paprika, Japanese Breakfast

Genre: Chamber Pop, Indie Pop

Such a beautiful moment. This is the kind of timeless track that never loses its luster. I absolutely adore the melodies and arrangement of this. OAAAAAHHHHH it's a rush! :cries: Brilliant song with that bittersweet, nostalgic emotion that I'll always love. I'm also a sucker for a good orchestral moment. Yeah she snapped.

-

22. Telepatia, Kali Uchis

Genre: R&B, Neo-Soul

The album with this song dropped in 2020 but this is very much a 2021 single so I'm including it idc idc. Anyways I knew this song would be a hit for her, my mind... This single is lush & lavish. Very warm, inviting vibes. Effortlessly sexy. This just encapsulates all of Kali's biggest strengths, she rly won. One of the best hits of the year for sureeee

-

21. Boys At School, Spellling

Genre: Progressive Pop

Oh wow, let me just say Kate Bush would be PROUD. This 7 minute track is a sweeping piece of art, I haven't been in too much of an art pop/prog pop mood this year lol but this song definitely stands out. A gorgeous, theatrical single that speaks on Spellling's past of disillusionment and loneliness. Love the synths ahhh, such a cool track

--

Top 20 soon wheww

Bumping the new update to Page 2 :heart2:

1 hour ago, wish said:

Such a beautiful moment. This is the kind of timeless track that never loses its luster. I absolutely adore the melodies and arrangement of this. OAAAAAHHHHH it's a rush! :cries: Brilliant song with that bittersweet, nostalgic emotion that I'll always love. I'm also a sucker for a good orchestral moment. Yeah she snapped.

-

The album with this song dropped in 2020 but this is very much a 2021 single so I'm including it idc idc. Anyways I knew this song would be a hit for her, my mind... This single is lush & lavish. Very warm, inviting vibes. Effortlessly sexy. This just encapsulates all of Kali's biggest strengths, she rly won. One of the best hits of the year for sureeee

TABS :ihype:

telepatia :heart: 

Deja Vu, Paprika, Boys at School :clap3: 

Thot Shit and BDE are cute 

Deja vu is pop perfection :alexz:

Follow the White Rabbit :clap3: one of my faves from LS :clap3: 

deja vu :worship:

On 12/31/2021 at 10:57 AM, wish said:

#30 to #21

30. Follow The White Rabbit, Madison Beer 

Genre: Alternative Pop, Electropop

Madison is a gorgeous girl but I fear her music & talent is underestimated seemingly for that very reason lol. A lot of people have counted her out. But I see big potential here, she is a dark pop diva with great vocal capabilities and this track is proof that she's cooler than people give her credit for. The chorus SLAPS, these drums?? Praying she goes even deeper with this sound experimentation (& works on her lyrics a bit ki)

-

29. Señorita, Arca

Genre: Experimental Hip Hop, Industrial Hip Hop

Arca is an artist whom I greatly admire - she is an incredible producer, a one-of-a-kind creative mind. Her presence in the music industry is quite important & I'm confident in her ability to push things forward. With that said, I find a lot of her music impenetrable and at times, off-putting. While the new Kicks haven't fully clicked with me yet, there are select tracks that hit hard. This HIT is a great example.

-

26. Cologne, beabadobee

Genre: Indie Rock, Noise Pop

Beabadoobee comes through with a classic indie rock track. Everything is in its right place without sounding generic. The drums are perfectly punchy and I adore the guitar in the chorus. And that break HITSSS, ugh it's such a great catchy pop song while still pushing the boundaries sonically, which is definitely my brand. 

-

25. Thot Shit, Megan thee Stallion

Genre: Trap, Southern Hip Hop

One of Megan's best mainstream singles to date simply because she is being 100% authentically herself and not trying to pander to the charts. She absolutely shines on these verses, what a fucking talent. Megan throws her shots and the bars just roll off her tongue. She makes it look so easy.

-

-

These songs are all flawless :jonny5: but not gonna lie the shygirl collab with slowthai still doesn't click with me. Maybe i just don't like the rapper nnn but the MV looks hot though

also The Motto, Silk Chiffon, Lost in the Citadel, Hot N Heavy, Have Mercy, Scissorhands, Bunny Is A Rider, Bite Me, TRUST!, On A Mountain, Pick Up Your Feelings, Wild Side :jonny5: Hits after hits after hits!

On 12/31/2021 at 3:18 AM, rvx said:

Olivia Rodrigo :clap3:

:smiley:

On 12/31/2021 at 5:15 AM, Lazuli said:

senorita BOP BOP BOP! 

deja vu, paprika, telepatia are all sooo good too :heart2: 

YUPPP. latina excellence won with Arca & Kali

On 12/31/2021 at 5:56 AM, dreamofyou said:

deja vu & FTWR bops bops bops:clap3:

Stan Madison :clap3:

On 12/31/2021 at 2:37 PM, Post Malone said:

Dddd the way this little promo single flopped

94e4gON.gif

NOSE POP

94e4gON.gif94e4gON.gif

Get ya NOSE out of my business

94e4gON.gif

On 12/31/2021 at 2:38 PM, Reverse Warholian said:

TABS :ihype:

Taste!

On 12/31/2021 at 2:38 PM, TalkThatRihanna said:

Deja Vu a great choice :clap3:

Her best song by far

On 12/31/2021 at 3:22 PM, Pink Matter said:

telepatia :heart: 

Deja Vu, Paprika, Boys at School :clap3: 

Thot Shit and BDE are cute 

Whew yes! Glad you liked this update <3

On 1/2/2022 at 1:42 AM, TheWayWeWere said:

Deja vu is pop perfection :alexz:

Follow the White Rabbit :clap3: one of my faves from LS :clap3: 

Stan omfg, I was torn between FTWR, Effortlessly, Stained Glass, and a couple others

On 1/2/2022 at 11:21 AM, JGibson said:

deja vu :worship:

:celestial2:

On 1/3/2022 at 2:56 AM, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

These songs are all flawless :jonny5: but not gonna lie the shygirl collab with slowthai still doesn't click with me. Maybe i just don't like the rapper nnn but the MV looks hot though

also The Motto, Silk Chiffon, Lost in the Citadel, Hot N Heavy, Have Mercy, Scissorhands, Bunny Is A Rider, Bite Me, TRUST!, On A Mountain, Pick Up Your Feelings, Wild Side :jonny5: Hits after hits after hits!

Omg yess happy to see we have similar taste! :jonny5: Even Danny L Harle purrrr

I don't have the time to do the write-ups anymore sdkjfsjk but I'm still gonna post the rest of the list!

#20 - #11 in a moment :heart2:

2 minutes ago, wish said:

I don't have the time to do the write-ups anymore sdkjfsjk but I'm still gonna post the rest of the list!

#20 - #11 in a moment :heart2:

We need the Top 10 also king! 

20. Love You Good, Rochelle Jordan

Genre: Alternative R&B, Drum & Bass

19. Amoeba, Clairo

Genre: Indie Pop, Soft Rock

18. Trendy, Bladee

Genre: Pop Rap, Cloud Rap

17. Kill Me, Indigo De Souza

Genre: Indie Rock

16. Haunted, Laura Les

Genre: Electroclash, Hyperpop

15. No Love, Summer Walker & SZA

Genre: R&B

14. Drama, Erika de Casier

Genre: R&B, UK Garage

13. Valentine, Snail Mail

Genre: Indie Rock, Power Pop

12. t r a n s p a r e n t  s o u l, WILLOW

Genre: Pop Punk, Alternative Rock

11. honey, Halsey

Genre: Alternative Rock, Pop Punk

--

Reminder that this list has no repeats, so this also serves as a list of 50 artists/bands who impressed me this year! It was hard picking one definitive song for each.

Top 10 tomorrow or Sunday!!

t r a n s p a r e n t s o u l :worship:

:heart2: #10 - #6 :heart2:

10. Secrets (Your Fire), Magdalena Bay

Genre: Dance-Pop, R&B, Synth Funk

-

9. Working for the Knife, Mitski

Genre: Indie Rock, Art Rock

-

8. Lipstick on the Glass, Wolf Alice

Genre: Dream Pop, Alternative Rock

-

7. Bouncin, Tinashe

Genre: R&B, Cloud Rap, Pop Rap

-

6. Jackie, Yves Tumor

Genre: Alternative Rock, Noise Pop

----

:heart2: ahhhh hits on hits! top 5 in a sec!

On 1/7/2022 at 1:12 PM, JGibson said:

t r a n s p a r e n t s o u l :worship:

On 1/7/2022 at 4:26 PM, witness1.3 said:

Amoeba & honey :heart:

Classics whew! Thanks for commenting :hug:

5. Just For Me, PinkPantheress

Genre: Dance-Pop, UK Garage, Alternative R&B

Gorgeous, nostalgic, sentimental. A fresh take on dance pop.

4. Need to Know, Doja Cat

Genre: Pop Rap, R&B, Cloud Rap

Mindless bop of the year. Doja put all of her strengths on the table. This track is bursting with personality and remains fresh 7 months after release.

3. Good Days, SZA

Genre: Alternative R&B, Neo-Soul

What a staggering display of vulnerability. SZA is acknowledging her losses but still searching for the silver lining, which beautifully reflected 2021 for a lot of us (myself included)

2. Happier Than Ever, Billie Eilish

Genre: Alternative Rock, Folk, Singer/Songwriter

A sprawling pop-rock masterpiece. Billie lets everything out on this cathartic breakup anthem, moving from a soft croon to literal screams by the end of the track. Everything about this song was THERAPEUTIC for me this year and absolutely cemented her as my fave.

Before I reveal #1, I wanna quickly thank everyone who read through my list and left a comment or two :heart2:

I know I was super late on revealing a majority of my list & hopefully next year I can actually join in on the fun. Some of my list might not have been ATRL-friendly but I hope I provided some cute recommendations for at least one of you :kiss:

Until next year!

---

#1 in a sec :heart2:

1. White Dress, Lana Del Rey

Genre: Singer/Songwriter, Piano Rock

This song is just beautifully written and hits me like a ton of bricks almost every time I listen. Lana laments on a time before "making it". She perfectly encapsulates the feeling of nostalgia & getting older, reminiscing on a time she fought to be heard and dreamt of something more out of life. Despite this, she addresses her fame with a tinge of regret, recognizing her loss of innocence & acknowledging that her life was a lot more free when she wasn't Lana Del Rey.  The breathless, broken vocals in the chorus are new for her and really make the song HIT. This is definitely one of her saddest/most emotional tracks and instantly became a cherished favorite of mine. :heart2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.