MusicTalker: Top 20 & #1 song of 2021 Revealed!

Just a Gay on ATRL

Wild Side :clap3:  we need more of that from ha

BIG :alexz: a BOP for sure

Cold Heart :smitten: 

Baila Conmigo is such an earworm :jonny: 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Just a Gay on ATRL

• Brandon

• JGibson

• Alldeezy

40 Amaarae - Sad Girlz Luv Money Remix (feat. Kali Uchis & Moliy)

I came across this song pretty close to the end of the year so it's one of the last entries into my YE chart but god damn it's so addictive. The lead girl's voice is very mysterious, I've never heard anything quite like it... she kind of has the "indie girl" voice going on but it manages to not be overbearing so it works. Kali is a great addition to the remix and adds a lot. The vibe of the song is really cool and I find myself going back a lot to it recently.

39 ATB, Topic & A7S - Your Love (9PM)

This was a mainstay bop throughout almost all of the year. I always eat up EDM songs like this so it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone who knows me.

38 Tinashe - Pasadena (feat. Buddy)

The public is MISSING OUT. This song makes me feel instant peace and want an alcoholic beverage on a beach. An ideal summer song. So glad she continues to bless with music.

37 KAYTRANDA - Intimidated (feat. H.E.R.)

This is SO amazing and I don't see anyone here talking about it! Hearing H.E.R. on a house-inspired dance track is something I didn't expect to hear this year but she continues to surprise me lately. I am H.E.R.(E.) for her continuing more in this sonic direction.

36 Kacey Musgraves - breadwinner

Huge highlight from Kacey's latest record and love her calling out toxic masculinity in such plain terms! The song has a very foreboding yet appropriate tone for it and makes me think of Stepford Wives where you can tell even listening that something sinister/ulterior is boiling under the surface. Which I'm sure was very intentional on her end.

35 Fletcher - Healing

Much like the title suggests I used this song to heal through some emotional shit this year and the song actually helped me process. It's the musical equivalent of going out in nature to remember what's most important in life. Easily Fletcher's best work so far.

34 PinkPantheress - Pain

Found out about PP through Billie Eilish shouting her out actually! And she became one of my favorite finds of 2021. I like a lot of songs from her latest album and she is serving something new and fresh imo. Here for her really breaking out in 2022.

33  Doja Cat - Need to Know

One of THE sex bops of 2021 and a perfect blend of pop and rap. This song sumps everything that is right about Doja Cat and why she is such a serve in 2021 pop and hip hop music. Insanely catchy and replayable like all of Planet Her.

32 Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever

I'll be honest, this is the only song I like from her new album, but on the plus side, it's the best song she's done to date.  The climax of the song into a soaring emo rock ballad is everything I've been wanting from Billie and SHE FINALLY STOPPED WHISPERING! More of that, please.

31 Daya - The Difference

Daya's best music has actually been served after her blow up in popularity in 2016/17, and it was actually served this year with her EP. The title track is pop perfection and doesn't get its due flowers. she has a wonderful voice for pop music. 

Happier Than Ever :clap3:

Need to know is great, but Doja had much better songs this year :-*

2 hours ago, Mr. Loco said:

Need to know is great, but Doja had much better songs this year :-*

She does *hint hint*

Need to know :worship2:

Need To Know & HTE :clap3:

Just listened to the Daya song and it’s really good :lakitu:

Edited by TalkThatRihanna

Happier Than Now, Need to Know, Pain and breadwinner :clap:

Pasadena is so underrated :jonny5: 

Breadwinner is a hit that got away :jonny2: 

HTE is too low :'( 

happier than ever, need to know :jonny5: these 2 ladies really put everything they had into these songs

breadwinner, pain, pasadena :clap3: 

Undo (Back to My Heart), Bed, good 4 u, CMBYN, EveryTime I Cry, Cold Heart & Wild Side acclaim :jonny5:

Essence is kinda a slay but the JB remix is really ruined it for me like, they really don't need him for sure since it rise organically on the charts nnn

Also it's bit of a kii tha t Post Malone released a good song for a Pokemon soundtrack i- :deadbanana4:

On 1/2/2022 at 1:49 AM, MusicTalker said:

40 Amaarae - Sad Girlz Luv Money Remix (feat. Kali Uchis & Moliy)

I came across this song pretty close to the end of the year so it's one of the last entries into my YE chart but god damn it's so addictive. The lead girl's voice is very mysterious, I've never heard anything quite like it... she kind of has the "indie girl" voice going on but it manages to not be overbearing so it works. Kali is a great addition to the remix and adds a lot. The vibe of the song is really cool and I find myself going back a lot to it recently.

39 ATB, Topic & A7S - Your Love (9PM)

This was a mainstay bop throughout almost all of the year. I always eat up EDM songs like this so it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone who knows me.

38 Tinashe - Pasadena (feat. Buddy)

The public is MISSING OUT. This song makes me feel instant peace and want an alcoholic beverage on a beach. An ideal summer song. So glad she continues to bless with music.

37 KAYTRANDA - Intimidated (feat. H.E.R.)

This is SO amazing and I don't see anyone here talking about it! Hearing H.E.R. on a house-inspired dance track is something I didn't expect to hear this year but she continues to surprise me lately. I am H.E.R.(E.) for her continuing more in this sonic direction.

36 Kacey Musgraves - breadwinner

Huge highlight from Kacey's latest record and love her calling out toxic masculinity in such plain terms! The song has a very foreboding yet appropriate tone for it and makes me think of Stepford Wives where you can tell even listening that something sinister/ulterior is boiling under the surface. Which I'm sure was very intentional on her end.

35 Fletcher - Healing

Much like the title suggests I used this song to heal through some emotional shit this year and the song actually helped me process. It's the musical equivalent of going out in nature to remember what's most important in life. Easily Fletcher's best work so far.

34 PinkPantheress - Pain

Found out about PP through Billie Eilish shouting her out actually! And she became one of my favorite finds of 2021. I like a lot of songs from her latest album and she is serving something new and fresh imo. Here for her really breaking out in 2022.

33  Doja Cat - Need to Know

One of THE sex bops of 2021 and a perfect blend of pop and rap. This song sumps everything that is right about Doja Cat and why she is such a serve in 2021 pop and hip hop music. Insanely catchy and replayable like all of Planet Her.

32 Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever

I'll be honest, this is the only song I like from her new album, but on the plus side, it's the best song she's done to date.  The climax of the song into a soaring emo rock ballad is everything I've been wanting from Billie and SHE FINALLY STOPPED WHISPERING! More of that, please.

31 Daya - The Difference

Daya's best music has actually been served after her blow up in popularity in 2016/17, and it was actually served this year with her EP. The title track is pop perfection and doesn't get its due flowers. she has a wonderful voice for pop music. 

All of these songs are 10/10 oh wow :jonny5: But i haven't listen to Daya song though but i'l give it a try

30 Joel Corry - Head & Heart (feat. MNEK)

MNEK has a nearly perfect track record with me for any songs he has either sung or written. Yet again, he delivered an addictive dance EDM pop track and his voice is just soooo pleasant to listen to. I am big fan. The "duh duhh duhh duhh" is one of the catchiest moments of 2021.

29 GIVEON - For Tonight

I adore Heartbreak Anniversary and he followed it up so well here! Ideal anthem for sad girl autumn and lonely boy winter. His voice is incredible and instantly makes me feel nostalgic and emotional. Has so much promising potential.

28 Galantis, David Guetta  & Little Mix - Heartbreak Anthem

Little Mix really needed to serve a full throttle EDM banger like this, and they need to do more songs like this! It's a bit generic but actually in a good way, it sounds familiar. Galantis produced tracks are ones I always seek out for new music regularly.

27 Ava Max - My Head & My Heart

Alright my little Aviators! Ava really delivered her best song to date with the sample of the early 00s classic Around the World (La La La) . The sample was really well utilized and evolved for the 2020s. Ava gets a lot of flack on ATRL but I could see her being a certified hitmaker for most of the 2020s to be honest. All of her choruses just hit different.

26 Daya - Bad Girl

That's right Miss D has 2 entries in my Top 40 this year! This is her final entry, though. This song is criminally catchy and I could not get it out of my head . It had one of the best choruses of 2021.  This would've been a huge hit in the hands of someone else.

25 Slayyter - Clouds

This song barely made my list, I only found out about it like 2-3 weeks ago! But I played it so much in such a short amount of time that it made my Top 25. The production is incredible and fits perfectly on any gay's "crying in the club" playlist.  

24 Doja Cat - Tonight (feat. Eve)

So I know this isn't one of the more popular tracks from Planet Her, but it's truly one of the best. The early 00s R&B/pop beat mixed with Doja's ear candy vocals & a feature from Eve? I mean... right up my alley! The first verse is the part I kept playing over & over & over again the most! Sounds incredible on headphones.

23 Troye Sivan - Angel Baby

Troye delivered an amazing power pop ballad and I'm not going to lie, I did not expect that!  Would've fit perfectly in a romantic comedy or a melodramatic scene from a 90s movie. I want more songs like this to smash in the 20s.

22 The Kid Laroi & Justin Bieber - Stay

I think we're all sick of this song at this point, but it's honestly a really great pop song that deserved its huge success. I'm not surprised at how well it did considering how I addicted I was to it. And honestly Justin adds a lot to it with his contribution.

21 Swae Lee - In the Dark (feat. Jhené Aiko)

Swae knows how to deliver pop perfection and managed to do it again! Was surprised this song didn't get more attention considering it was linked to a very successful Marvel movie on top of it all. Glad he looped Queen Jhene into the mix as well. Their voices are just really pleasant to listen to and a good example of autotune done right.

A great list so far but I can't say I'm surprised :clap3: perched for the top 20.

Glad to see some love for In The Dark, shoud've been a hit. Pop radio is so lazy sometimes

Sorry y'all, had a family medical emergency earlier this week (everything is okay now). #11-20 is coming shortly.

20 Nathan Dawe, Anne-Marie & MoStacks - Way Too Long

I feel like no one noticed this song in 2021 and I don't understand! It was definitely my favorite song from Anne-Marie's new album and it is insanely catchy. The production is amazing and she sounds her absolute best/on top of her game here. If you don't know this song, please check it out!

19 Becky Hill - Last Time

Favorite song from Becky's new album FULL of bops. I think this one is my favorite mostly for the vocals because Becky is belting on the chorus like her life depends on it. This song makes me feel an instantaneous jolt of energy.

18 Zara Larsson - Look What You've Done

THE best song from Zara's 2021 album, and I'm really surprised it wasn't a single. And like my other 2 songs above, WHERE WAS ATRL TALKING ABOUT THIS SONG?! Maybe I missed it, but this is the melodramatic happy & sad at the time type of pop song I love. Zara deserves more.

17 Justin Bieber - Peaches (feat. Daniel Caesar & GIVEON)

I was not feeling much from Justice prior to this song coming out and I was quite shook how amazing this was when it dropped.  It sounds so peaceful & summery, a song that makes you instantly nostalgic for a good memory that you just recalled.  This one is definitely "mood/vibe" more than any other song on this list. You listen to this when you want to be transported to a nice summer afternoon even when it's 22 degrees and winter (like it is where I'm at rn)

16 Tinashe - Bouncin

I mean... just look at the talent! The creativity! That music video! Definitely a song hugely elevated by an amazing music video, but the song itself is also unique, interesting, and everything that Tinashe consistently is on a song by song basis. I'm glad this song got some attention on Tik Tok... but it still didn't get enough.

15 Kacey Musgraves - justified

Gorgeous! This one is very addictive because of Kacey's easy breezy vocals. It has the airy-ness of all the Golden Hour hymns but the extra added stinge of a bitter break-up, a common theme on her latest album. I relate to the lyrics heavily.

14 Bebe Rexha - Sacrifice

When I tell you I was shocked Bebe served this! I didn't expect her to delve into pop EDM earlier on in 2021 but THIS IS WHAT SHE NEEDS TO DO. Her voice is so perfect for it. Like girl wyd otherwise.  This song soars from start to finish and hasn't gotten old to me at all yet. Deserved to be a hit.

13 Tinashe - I Can See the Future

I was so intrigued by this song when it came out. I feel like the album cover matches the vibe of the song perfectly lol.  That beat is incredible and big props to the producer, but also, of course, TINASHE! I absolutely stan her deeper vocal register that's on full display for most of this song.  She is just everything I can't say it enough.

12 Riton & RAYE - I Don't Want You

Please check this one yet if you haven't heard it. RAYE is like Tinashe where you pretty much know she will swing you a successful song when you see her name on the credit. I randomly found this one in new music and I see RAYE, I listen. I relate hard to the lyrics rn about wanting someone's stupid ass to gtfo, so this one is a good emotional outlet and simultaneous bop!

11 Topic & Bebe Rexha - Chain My Heart

So yeah, Sacrifice wasn't even Bebe's best pop EDM delve this year! This one is literal audio crack. I can't even tell you how many times I played this. This song on headphones is an experience!  She just sounds so perfect on EDM, Bebe I'm begging you, please continue in this direction.

Since I think this is closing in 2 days, I'm just gonna go ahead and post my Top 10.

10 Adele - Easy On Me

Adele is one of my all-time favorite artists so you had better believe I was fully perched for all things related to 30. While this song doesn't take any risks, I also knew damn well Adele wasn't about to anyway. This is everything I want from an Adele ballad: beautiful piano production, soaring and rangeful vocals, and poignant lyrics. This deserves to join the ranks of her best songs to date.

9 Regard, Troye Sivan & Tate McRae - You 

This one really came out of nowhere to give me life! Troye has glowed up so much sonically & I now strongly look forward to his contributions to any song where I see his name. Tate also adds a lot to this song & was the first time I really noticed her. So bummed this flopped in America! (but not surprised). The production here from Regard is so full & intricate that I feel like I'm always finding new details.

8 The Weeknd & Ariana Grande - Save Your Tears (Remix)

I think this one of my favorite remixes of all time... Ariana was a perfect contribution to this song and I love that she contributed throughout the whole thing & doesn't feel just inserted quick & sloppily. She adds a LOT to this, what I once thought was a cute song from AH is now one of my absolute favorite Abel songs. This combo of Ari & Weeknd is a match made in heaven & I'm glad they collaborated twice more in 2020/21. One of the best pop songs of the last couple of years.

7 Meduza - Tell It to My Heart (feat. Hozier)

This entry came towards the end of the year but it came in fast & furious. I have loved Hozier's voice since he blew up in 2013/14 and when I tell I screamed internally when I found out he did an EDM collab w/ Meduza... who I also consistently love. I've never clicked play faster. Anyways this is everything I would ever want a Hozier EDM song to be. This deserves to blow tf up.

6 Kacey Musgraves - star-crossed

What an INTRO! This is still my favorite song from the album of the same name from Kacey. It reminds me of 808s & Heartbreak for some reason, one of my favorite albums of all time.  It's very haunting & tells you immediately you're in for a journey on heartbreak.  It also immediately showed sonic evolution from GH to SC. 

5  Charli XCX - New Shapes (feat. Caroline Polachek & Christine & The Queens)

(I just realized this song got a MV lmao) What a combo of 3 female pop powerhouses! I think all 3 of them helped to make this song pop perfection.  Caroline's verse is especially special if I had to pick one in particular. I've been playing this non-stop since it came out and have no criticisms. Loved it enough for it to become the first song in my Top 5 YE for 2021!

4 Shift K3Y & Tinashe - Love Line

Tinashe, like Bebe, delved into her pop EDM bag this year, and she killed it, unsurprisingly.  The beat kind of reminds me of that song that used to play in the Six Flags commercial as a kid lol, but it's also super fun & upbeat. A much needed light in what was a very dark time for me when this came out.  

3 Tinashe - X (feat. Jeremih)

Tinashe stans will absolutely love my Top 20 lol, this is either her 4th or 5th entry in my Top 20 alone. She was probably my most played artist in 2021 and the most consistently excellent. Besides my #1, this was one of the absolute best pure sex bops of the year. The production being so sensual & forward-thinking adds a lot to the atmosphere this song creates. But most importantly, this song oozes sex appeal.

2 Adele - Oh My God

One of Adele's best songs ever instantly. It's like Adele meets Florence + The Machine & Santigold :jonny5: This song has so much POWER & such a hugeee chorus.  I'm so excited for the video in 4 days!!! The final minute of the song makes my spirit leave my soul. I became such a "yasss kweeen slay!!" gay when this comes on lmao.

1  Doja Cat & SZA - Kiss Me More

When I was making my list, it didn't make sense for anything but this to be my #1 song of 2021. I bet this was a lot of people's #1s lol, but I'll be glad to join the ranks. This is absolutely perfect pop music. Doja was clearly inspired by the likes of The Cardigans & Gwen Stefani to give us light airy, ooey gooey love song realness, but then she swoops in with a super on point & impressive rap verse in the middle! Then SZA, a goddess among us, comes in to seal the deal with a vicious FU to an ex lover that she still has some temptations towards. These 2 are a match made in heaven much like Ari & Abel. This song deserved all its success and I am PRESSED it never hit #1. Oh well it's iconic anyway. Congrats to my #1 song of 2021!

Easy On Me + justified + Oh My God  :clap3:

???? ?? ??,  ???,  ℕ?? ??????  &   ??? (ℝ????)  :worship:

You & SYT :clap:

Also SLAY at your having KMM at #1 :jonnycat: Great list overall!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.