MusicTalker: Top 20 & #1 song of 2021 Revealed!

Just a Gay on ATRL

Love (Sweet Love), Industry Baby, Woman, Bite Me are all bops :clap3:

The way SHM comeback just like that an't wait for their next releases cause Mouth To Flame is soo good :jonny5:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Just a Gay on ATRL

• Brandon

• JGibson

• Lazuli

Future starts now, women, BITE ME :heart:, moth to a flame.

Great set 

Industry Baby, Moth to a Flame (was a close one for my cd) and Woman :katie2:

I like Moth Too a Flame, but I much prefer Take My Breath. Industry Baby :clap3:

My favorites are Leave before you love me, Woman, Bite Me, Moth to a flame, Industry Baby, Kiss My (Uh Oh)

70 Tinashe - Undo (Back to My Heart)

I don't think Tinashe ever swings and misses since going independent, and that includes her forays into unapologetic pop anthems. This does not quite hit like Perfect Crime or Save Room for Us from Songs for You, but it holds its own perfectly well. More from X coming later!

69 Khalid - Scenic Drive (feat. Ari Lennox & Smino)

Unexpected gem from Khalid's new EP. Absolutely love the beat & I feel like it's serving something very different from the rest of Khalid's discography. Ari Lennox is the highlight of the song for sure. Love him collabing with so many people!

68 Alan Walker & Imanbek - Sweet Dreams

I love to browse the Apple Music Dance playlist and this one popped up on one of my browses. Such a great workout bop! I love my EDM dance fix every single year.

67 Becky Hill & David Guetta - Remember

Becky's new album, speaking of EDM bops, was FULL of them, one of the best pop albums of the year. This is admittedly EXTREMELY generic but it was generic done well. The chorus is huge and Becky's vocals were basically born to soar over loud dance beats.

66 Post Malone - Only Wanna Be With You

This one crept up on me throughout the end of this year. I found myself going back to it more than I expected. I remember the original song from my childhood but I honestly think Post made it better. His other songs this year were um interesting (@ Motley Crue) but I want more of this sound from him in the future!

65 Joel Corry, RAYE & David Guetta - Bed

David Guetta strikes back! This one is also generic af but again, it's a feel good song I'm not overthinking. RAYE is always a delight & is underrated af. Joel is a snack for the eyes. This one gives me summer evening where life is good and you're bopping with the gays sipping a vodka cran, more of that in 2022 pls!

64 NEIKED, Mae Mueller & Polo G - Better Days 

I thought this was looking like a future Top 10 hit but it's kind of stalled since the Fall? Anyways, it's still a really good pop song & Mae is the definite highlight with her vocals. The chorus is catchy. Not much else to say on this but just imagine me nodding my head and bopping around my bedroom.

63 Mabel - Let Them Know

YAS GAWD MAWMAW! This song is GAY GAY GAY and Mabel knew exactly what she was doing. Giving modern take on RuPaul's Supermodel. Could be a walkway song on Drag Race, or certainly should be a lipsync song in the future. We all DESPERATELY needed some feel good runway songs for our french vanilla fantasies this year and Mabel said "you called?"

62 Galantis & JVKE - Dandelion

I love Galantis in general, and this one is very different from their past work! It's kind of an odd song at first but that's what makes it memorable. It's a simple sing-along type tune and it remains mellow throughout rather than having a big buildup/drop, which would've been unfit for this song anyway. This one makes me smile.

61 Years & Years & Galantis - Sweet Talker

Late 2010s me is shaking that these two finally collaborated! I knew pop greatness was coming as soon as it was announced. Unlike Dandelion, this one has a huge sound and drop complete with violins and loud bass. It has a classic sound to it immediately. Songs like this are catnip to me.

Mabel & Tinashe :clap:

15 hours ago, MusicTalker said:

62 Galantis & JVKE - Dandelion

Off the three videos I checked, I liked this track the most. The video has got some psychedelic vibe on it. :biggrin2:

Undo issa smash :jonny5:

Let Them Know is such a throwback gay anthem! Nice to see a love for it!

BED :clap3: 

60 Majestic & Boney M. - Rasputin

Studio 54 disco realness! Yes sir I can boogie! This is an over the top dance remix of a song about Rasputin and we live for the DRAMA. TBH the song is kind of Trinity The Tuck saying "I don't know what the hell she is saying but girl I am living" energy.

59 Doja Cat & The Weeknd - You Right

This song is underrated and was ROBBED of a Top 10 peak on the Billboard Hot 100. I think releasing it as the second single or whatever was a mistake and should've been saved for a winter single right around now/start of 2022. That being said the song is very early 2000s Dilemma song and even though it's about cheating it's oddly romantic? Lol but I love that Doja changed it up for this one. Also the video is gorgeous.

58 blackbear & Tate McRae - u love u 

A song about selfish people - was therapeutic for me in 2021! I was surprised this didn't take off later this year honestly - sounds perfect for radio and the depressing year we had. Tate fits perfectly here and adds to blackbear's angst well.

57 Olivia Rodrigo - good 4 u

This is the only song from SOUR that clicked with me but this one clicked hard! It's very Avril TBDT and I didn't realize how much I missed this vibe until she came out with it. As far as I'm concerned this was the song of Summer 2021.

56 Lil Nas X - Montero (Call Me By Your Name)

A song that is mega enhanced by an AMAZING music video. He really served a moment here especially with the stripper pole to hell - best MV moment of 2021 easily. The song itself is a bop and I absolutely love the production - very mysterious and seductive. 

55 Wizkid - Essence (feat. Justin Bieber & Tems)

Such a relaxing and romantic song. I came across this in the latter half of the year and it made me instantly feel at peace. It also sounds like nothing else out right now. I am glad it ended up going Top 10.

54 Kylie Minogue & Years & Years - A Second to Midnight

I loovvvee that they collabed - so unexpected and a needed bright spot in pop this year. You can tell Y&Y truly idolizes her and the energy just radiates throughout the song and video. The chorus is an earworm. Will the US ever let songs like this smash? No - the lack of taste is homophobic!

53 Tiesto - Don't Be Shy (feat. Karol G)

A song I never skip when it comes on shuffle. Karol's voice and the hynotic production all mix together into a really effortless listening experience. This is probably my favorite song Karol has done to be honest. Tiesto has also done a great job of modernizing his sound.

52 H.E.R. - Find a Way (feat. Lil Baby & Lil Durk)

ATRLers are such haters of H.E.R. for no reason. She has plenty of enjoyable songs to find on her new album. This one is my personal favorite - a confidence booster anthem about persevering.  Sounds amazing on loud headphones. Deserves to be a hit.

51 Charli XCX - Good Ones

Charli almost never misses and the upward trend continues here. I like that this one is a little less hyperpop and she seems to be finding a happy medium between mainstream pop and hyperpop with this album so far. how i'm feeling now was a bit too chaotic for me at times.  The chorus is so simple but effective. Queen of ohs ad oohs.

You Right, good 4 u and Good Ones. Good update! :biggrin2:

good 4 u is great!! Olivia really slayed the 00s pop-rock :flame:

Montero's video is such a slay and the song is also a bop :celestial4:

55-57 is a 1-2-3 punch!

You right + good 4 u + good ones:clap3:

50 KSI - Patience (feat. Yungblud & Polo G)

I was browsing for new music in the late summer-ish and came across KSI and he has some bops! This one is definitely my personal favorite - it's a great modern take on pop rock & Yungblud fits totally perfect on the chorus. This song is extremely underrated, I've never seen it mentioned on here or anywhere for that matter.

49 Ava Max - EveryTime I Cry

Ava is pretty dependable on giving me what I want musically so I always turn to her music. I love that she's unapologetic towards going to dance pop music sensibilities. This one flopped but it's still a quality song.

48 Joel Corry - I Wish (feat. Mabel)

Joel Corry was a name I kept checking for in 2021, so when I heard he collabed with Mabel, who I also check for regularly, I zoomed to the play button! (but not the video kind of Zoom, I'm over that one). This is exactly what I wanted in a good way! Song is "generic" but perfect as it is for that.

47 Selena Gomez & Rauw Alejandro - Baila Conmigo 

That chorus is gold! I could not get this one out of my head the entire year. This is Selena's best song since Revival. I hope she continues in this direction.

46 Elton John & Dua Lipa - Cold Heart (PNAU Remix)

Who knew Elton & Dua would be such a great combination! This song makes me feel like I'm on a disco cloud in Xanadu, idk how else to describe it lmao. Something about it is very peaceful and relaxing.

45 Dillon Francis - Love Me Better (feat. Marc E. Bassy)

(PLEASE EXCUSE THAT SCREENSHOT LMAO) :ahh: I promise the song is good despite that cover. One of my most played songs for workouts of the year easily. Did not see this one mentioned anywhere else.

44 Becky Hill & Topic - My Heart Goes (La Di Da)

Topic is such a great producer, & Becky a great dance/house pop musician, so honestly this collab was forced by the universe to happen. It needs to smash in Europe if it hasn't already! Her whole album was a serve.

43 Rita Ora, David Guetta & Imanbek - Big

BOP. Need I say more? 

42 Normani - Wild Side (feat. Cardi B)

Normani did an amazing job with this song and video. Despite me being annoyed with how long she is taking for her album, I still see so much promise with the little she's released so far. This song is so different from everything else right now & I'm glad Normani did her own thing. Cardi was also a good fit for this.

41 Justin Bieber - Ghost

Probably one of Justin's "prettiest" songs lol. I was surprised how much I gravitated towards this one but everything from the verses to the chorus really hits home emotionally. Some of my favorite lyrics of the year: "if I can't be close to you, I'll settle for the ghost of you" :cries: I hate to say it but Justin is good at what he does.

Cold heart is great... Dua & Elton are so good together!!:celestial4:

Ghost is cute :eddie:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.