[FINISHED] bestfiction's BEST OF 2021 | Albums #5-#1 (pg. 3)

bestfiction

Hey, hi, hello, it's that time of the year again  u7sXnlh.png

This year I'll be quite simple and hopefully get it done quickly. I think I'll do:

● Top 20 Albums

● Honourable Mentions: EPs, remixes and other side projects

azAx4Zh.gif

Edited by bestfiction

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bestfiction

• Sunderland 4ever

• Legend E

• TheWayWeWere

Looking forward to it! :lakitu:

Keen for ya short list ♡

How tf have I missed posting here

azAx4Zh.gif

Perched babe xo

Honorable Mentions i

Shygirl : ALIAS EP Album Review | Pitchfork

Shygirl - ALIAS EP

Thank you madonnas! This slaps so ****ing hard. I know it’s a 2020 release, but I’ve only got into it this year and I’ll have some late 2020 releases here anyway. Anyways, Shygirl released a short but explosive EP with the help of the late SOPHIE and Sega Bodega. It’s very dark and sultry, and Shy totally shines on this project. 
Favorite Tracks: SLIME, FREAK, BAWDY, SIREN

Album Queendom - The 6th Mini Album, Red Velvet | Qobuz: Download und  Streaming in hoher Audioqualität

Red Velvet - Queendom

Well, this is no Perfect Velvet, but I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. While the title track is a bit basic for my liking, the b-sides here a quite stellar. Pose is an artsy electronic number straight out of the f(x)’s vault, Knock On Wood is pop bliss, however the real gem here is Pushin’ N Pullin'. It’s a truly a triumph for Red Velvet to effectively unite their Red and Velvet sides – being quirky and playful yet sensual, lush, and longing. Arguably my K-SOTY.
Favorite tracks: Knock On Wood, Pushin' N Pullin'

1/6 von Sunmi bei Amazon Music - Amazon.de

SUNMI -  1/6

Probably my favorite kpop release this year. Sunmi is someone whose artistic journey is very exciting to watch, she’s not afraid to take risks even if they don’t always pay off. For the most part, 1/6 is full of pop bangers, however the beauty of this EP for me is the say Sunmi addresses mental health struggles on a gorgeous dream-pop influenced track 1/6, as well as Narcissism and Borderline. It’s well known that in Korea mental health is something that’s usually dismissed so it’s very nice to see Sunmi bringing this up.
Favorite tracks: You Can’t Sit With Us, 1/6, Call

&] - Single by LOONA | Spotify

LOONA - &

This is actually not a Honorable mention but… we need to talk.
I think at this point it’s clear that without a strong visionary, LOONA’s company doesn’t really know what to do with them and how to utilize their talents. This is by far their weakest release. The title track PTT is an absolute disservice to them, this badass aesthetic doesn’t work for them at all. WOW attempts to be a new Number 1/Star but it’s not as strong as these two. Dancing On My Own is painfully generic, I would applaud if someone like Blackpink or Itzy released it but it’s LOONA we’re talking about. Not all is lost however, as the best track here Be Honest is more in LOONA’s signature style, being more fun and campier. The last two ballads are quite alright too but all this isn’t quite enough to save this release and the group from losing their identity and becoming like everyone else.
Favorite tracks: Be Honest

Jessie Ware - What's Your Pleasure? (The Platinum Pleasure Edition) Lyrics  and Tracklist | Genius

Jessie Ware – What’s Your Pleasure? (Platinum Pleasure)

In this new trend of releasing a deluxe edition of an album some time after the release of the original, Jessie Ware’s Platinum Pleasure is arguable the only one that has been put an actual thought and effort into it. 7 new tracks, all of them being amazing and while most of them go into a clubbier direction compared to the original album, they still fit well into the WYP universe. Even the Adore You remix at the end doesn’t come off as an afterthought on here.
Favorite tracks: Impossible, Eyes Closed, Pale Blue Light

Thanks for tuning in guys. The first part of my HM is revealed, the second part is coming soon too (probs this weekend)

Spoiler
On 12/13/2021 at 11:14 AM, Tinashegrande6 said:

Short and sweet, love it :gaycat4:

On 12/13/2021 at 5:47 PM, Sunderland 4ever said:

Looking forward to it! :lakitu:

On 12/13/2021 at 7:45 PM, TheWayWeWere said:

Yas, sis, excited for your list :alexz2:

On 12/13/2021 at 8:06 PM, BlackoutZone said:

This will eat I fear

On 12/13/2021 at 8:21 PM, Grumpy Cat said:

cute! :heart:

On 12/14/2021 at 12:08 AM, Sempiternal said:

Keen for ya short list ♡

On 12/14/2021 at 12:19 AM, kiiwii said:

perched for the concise list :gaycat3:

On 12/14/2021 at 2:30 AM, Remmy said:

Curious to see what shows up since there's limited spots :santa:

On 12/14/2021 at 2:37 AM, worldwide angel said:

i'm so_excited.mp3 :jonnycat:

On 12/14/2021 at 4:19 AM, K$Ellie said:

excited to see Slayyyter dominate

azAx4Zh.gif

On 12/15/2021 at 6:30 AM, Ewan Chaos said:

How tf have I missed posting here

azAx4Zh.gif

Perched babe xo

Yesssss at WYP Platinum edition

:jonnycat: 

This is a full spill, my exact thoughts on pretty much every release mentioned :clap3:

So let me focus on LOONA since their case is truly the most... annoying at this point. They had by far the most interesting background/story/concept of the whole group itself. The pre-debut stuff, the loonaverse, the unique sound and visuals, they were so fucking top notch and now we reached the point of them releasing straight up garbage I'm dragging other groups for :dancehall: The concepts seems long lost too since Jayden left the company. I need BBC to go bankrupt (cause how the fuck they still have money for this) and for SM to buy LOONA and secure better demos for them girls again..

9 hours ago, bestfiction said:

Jessie Ware – What’s Your Pleasure?

:katie2:

All the honorable mentions are all slays :jonny5:

Also it's really obvious that BBC doesn't know what and how to handle LOONA after Jaden Jeong left in terms of music. The quality hasn't been the same and i'm 100% sure that they won't be continuing the those 3 sub-units that has already been established for them. But even then when Jaden as still in change, he wasn't a perfect job to promoted them either with them being "mysterious" or "the most unknown girl group" bullshit 

queendom is a nice comeback though they could've done more, but at least there's pose :jonny5: 

wyp yaaas :clap3: 

On 12/16/2021 at 3:39 AM, bestfiction said:

Jessie Ware – What’s Your Pleasure? (Platinum Pleasure)

Yes! :jonny2:

unfortunately Looza didn't deserve much more than an honorable mention this year :shakeno:

Sunmi and Red Velvet releases were cute enough, the Shygirl EP slapped tho :jonny2:

L00NA :heart:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.