Tinashegrande's Best Of 2021 | FINISHED

Tinashegrande6

Constant Bullshit was one of the better songs on that album :thing: same with Industry Baby

Whenever You're Ready and Worst Behaviour are really cute :jamming:

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tinashegrande6

• Sunderland 4ever

• Alex

• dreamofyou

Nice picks from the last set.

Constant Bullshit is a nice representative, respect!

Best songs 30-26

7AI3wd6.png

"Cut You Off" – Little Mix

“Everyone’s got a limit, really pushed me there, now I’ve hit it”

Everyone should cut off friends who are a waste of space. I love the way the chorus goes from ballady to a classic pop breakdown.

Spoiler

27TYYKq.png

"Guilty" – Sevyn Streeter (feat. Chris Brown and A$AP Ferg)

“I know we in love, But not with each other”

Sevyn is capable of making a total of one good song per year and this is that. Unfortunately that means Chris Brown has managed to sneak onto my best of list twice this year :mazen:. The chorus is just so smooth, I can’t make it not bop.

Spoiler

P63mhSX.png

"Heartbreak Anniversary" – Giveon

"Said that you love me, but that'll last for never"

This man can truly belt omg. I also think the concept of a heartbreak anniversary is an interesting one, kinda like when you stumble on an instagram memory that absolutely ruins your day.

Spoiler

fXsuRS3.png

"Pick Up Your Feelings" - Jazmine Sullivan

“Put a lock on the door where my heart once was”

Another great vocalist. I was convinced she was saying “Don’t forget to come and pick up your *hood* feelings”, which of course makes absolutely zero sense. I enjoyed the album as a whole too, though I need to revisit it as I can't remember my faves :gaycat6:

Spoiler

ludMrdk.png

"Eat It" – Megan Thee Stallion

“Bitch it’s young Tina Snow, the nastiest freak you know”

I love that she brought back the Tina Snow persona for this mixtape – Tina Snow is her best work to date imo. This song is pure filth, the double entendres were thrown out of the window getting straight to the point as usual. I love it. The production and beat are also incredible.

Spoiler

Best songs 25-21

ZdBVGa9.png

"F.U.C.K." – Victoria Monet

“Is your favourite colour blue, cos you’re something like my kryptonite”

This feels like Moment part 2. I really like this darker, moodier sound from her and much prefer it to Coastin’, her other release this year.

Spoiler

d8OvRTq.png

"Small Reminders" – Tinashe

“Time is racing, life seems so long. Don't go wasting, before it's all gone”

333 was a good album but it truly was all over the place (I know her albums usually are, but this one even more so than normal). I wasn’t totally sold on this song at first, but it clicked for me after I saw her performance for MTV. The rap break is such a great addition and really makes the song.

Spoiler

YRFLpa0.png

"Get Into It (Yuh)" – Doja Cat

“Call him Ed Sheeran, he in love with my body”

This song is so weird. I absolutely hated this song when I listened to Planet Her for the first time, but I’ve come to appreciate it for what it is. It’s a quintessential Doja Cat song: catchy, completely insane and slightly comedic in places.

Spoiler

AB9qUF1.png

"Count Me In" – T.H.E.Y

“Cold hearted don’t respect the talk, but you still need some love”

Ok I know this song technically came out last year, but I only heard it for the first time this year when the remix was released. I didn’t love Kiana Ledé’s verse on the remix, but the original is great. I don’t think they’re the best vocalists, but the guitar in the background and the harmonies are good enough for me to overlook that.

Spoiler

N24EzUS.png

"Puppet" - Faouzia

“I was born to dance, could never tie strings to my hands”

I discovered Faouzia for the first time this year, when one of my friends played Tears of Gold. I love a good girlboss, gatekeep, gaslight anthem and that’s exactly what this is. Think Daya’s Sit Still, Look Pretty lyrically, but less cringey.

Spoiler

Hmm don’t know a lot of these, but Heartbreak Anniversary & Get Into It Yuh are great picks :WAP:

Just listened to Puppet and it’s a bop! The other song I know from her is Hero which sounds like a pop smash :jonny:

Thanks all for the comments and sorry for the delay :heart:

Spoiler
On 12/15/2021 at 2:34 PM, TalkThatRihanna said:

WaiT this update slays :jonny5:

Last Summer, Constant BS, Don’t Play, Come Through and Heartbreak Anthem :jonny: Bop after bop

Taste :jonny5:

On 12/15/2021 at 2:38 PM, BlackoutZone said:

All cute picks from their albums, especially Industry Baby is a banger.

Zara Poster Girl re-release was so useless tho, at least she is apparently preparing another album already

Yeah agreed, all of those unnecessary remixes and only two new tracks :toofunny2:

On 12/15/2021 at 2:51 PM, dangerousalex said:

Last Summer, Worst Behavior, Constant BS, Industry Baby :clap3:

Thanks bestie :heart:

On 12/15/2021 at 3:36 PM, dreamofyou said:

worst behaviour is cute, i'm the same on the deluxe tracks (except i still can't listen to then lols)

I had a moment where I was stanning Main Thing but it aged very quickly :gaycat6:

On 12/15/2021 at 4:49 PM, Tsareena said:

industry baby, intruded... love that justine skye' album tbh

On 12/15/2021 at 7:02 PM, TheWayWeWere said:

Worst Behaviour is a hit that got away :jonny2:

omg, thanks for some Mahalia love :jonny: her debut is perfect and I loved all 3 new singles 

Don’t Play was cute for a minute :eli:

Yes! Hopefully she has an album coming soon :duca:

On 12/16/2021 at 1:46 AM, kiiwii said:

last summer :clap3:best deluxe track, methinks!

was pleasantly surprised with industry baby too :jamming:

Oop exactly :clap3:

On 12/16/2021 at 2:31 PM, Pink Matter said:

Industry Baby :falcon: he needs to stick to making rap bangers!

I never bothered with the positions bonus tracks but I just checked out worst behavior and it's cute!

Whenever You're Ready :clap3: I need to check out her other tracks but I liked this one a lot.

Her second album Love and Compromise is cute and has a few gems.

Also tea on Lil Nas :clap3:

On 12/16/2021 at 5:45 PM, Sunderland 4ever said:

Checked it yesterday and I liked it. :katie2: Waiting for the next update!

Yaaas :jamming:

On 12/17/2021 at 6:22 AM, Lazuli said:

industry baby :clap3: 

worst behavior is ok i guess :mandown: 

:mandown:

On 12/17/2021 at 4:55 PM, Lee!! said:

Let's Go Home Together, Industry Baby, Heartbreak Anthem :clap3:

:clap3:

On 12/18/2021 at 4:43 AM, Ewan Chaos said:

Industry Baby is the ONE for me on this list.

You'd better stan :jonny5:

On 12/18/2021 at 5:08 AM, witness1.3 said:

Crave, FFF, Sister Ray, A Second to Midnight.

I wish I liked Crave more but I was the opposite, I preferred Starstruck. But yeah really all of his latest efforts have been underwhelming

I didn't mind Starstruck at first but I think I overplayed it. I'm kinda worried for the album based on what I've heard :gaycat6:

On 12/18/2021 at 9:11 PM, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

Worst Behaviour, Constant Bullshit, Industry Baby & Heartbreak Anthem acclaim :jonny5:

The fact that i forgot Zara re-released Poster Girl couple weeks ago like give it up sis, work on ZL3 already

YES i agree that UK Garage needs to comeback! I reaaly love that genre and that's why i really love listening to 90's dance music a lot lately

The label most likely forced them to collab with him for hit songs *Tinashe's Player war flashback*

Please, I literally forgot about the re-release too  until I was making this list :toofunny2:

Labels need to stop it with the Chris Brown agenda :angry:

On 12/18/2021 at 9:36 PM, K$Ellie said:

Constant Bullshit was one of the better songs on that album :thing: same with Industry Baby

Whenever You're Ready and Worst Behaviour are really cute :jamming:

Not the Summer shade :gaycat6:

But yes stan!

9 hours ago, MP2K said:

Nice picks from the last set.

Constant Bullshit is a nice representative, respect!

Thanks! :hug:

My most disappointing songs of 2021 is up next :mandown:

nnnn i  had the same issue with 333

get into it (yuh)

small reminders 

constant bullshit 

Heartbreak Anniversary and Pick Up Your Feelings (!!) back to back YUP!

I liked FUCK from Victoria but never went back to it (if anything I kept playing songs from that EP last year more nnn). Yeah Small Reminders is great, agree that it's a bit of a grower.

Eat It literally mega eat, tho I prefer Kitty Kat a bit :WAP:

F.U.C.K. and Heartbreak Anniversary very nice, Small Reminders got heavily improved by the latter part yup

Pick Up Your Feelings is low-key modern r&b masterpiece

Small Reminders :clap3: 

This time, I know Pick Up Your Feelings. :jamming:

Small Reminders and GIIY :clap3: 

Honestly it's been a while since I listened to FUCK but it's not as bad as I thought it was :eek: 

get into it (yuh) is a nice listen as is small reminders :jamming:

i listened to faouzia's 'puppet' a few times, but i was kind of obsessed with 'hero' by her :keir:

Get Into It (Yuh)

Heartbreak Anniversary, Pick Up Your Feelings, Eat It, Small Reminders, Get Into It (Yuh) massive accaim :clap3:

Not LM said fuck you to Jesy on Cut You Off i-

F.U.C.K. is just THAT sexy. The way the hook just stuck in my head rent free :jonny5:

Eat It, Small Reminders and Get Into It were among my faves on those albums :katie2:

Worst songs 10-6

00Ap2b7.png

"Track Star (Remix 2.0)" – Mooski (feat. Chris Brown, A Boogie Wit da Hoodie, Yung Bleu)

“Got my dick hard like it's hard to be a Black man”

Solely included for the aforementioned lyric. Who saw that and thought, yep that’s a good one?? It’s also one of my least favourite tiktok songs of the year, combined with an unfunny trend.

Spoiler

j54XS6Q.png

"My Universe" – Coldplay (feat. BTS)

“There's a paradise they couldn't capture”

I was never really a Coldplay hater and quite liked them for a while. Then I went to university and low and behold, who had also studied there, but Coldplay. When I tell you I couldn’t go 5 minutes without being reminded that these men were former students…we were even told which halls of residence they stayed in. Ever since then I’ve had an intense hatred for them, Chris Martin especially. I really didn't like the Graham Norton performance of this song, so I thought I’d include it.

Spoiler

90Yvv9Q.png

"Skinny dipping" – Sabrina Carpenter

“Hear the barista call an oat milk latte and your name”

What was this? The talk-singing off-beat in the verses is so painfully bad. I know Sabrina is capable of so much better too. What a way to waste any kind of hype she had from the whole Olivia-Joshua drama.

Spoiler

U0J4s2x.png

"Don’t Wait Up" – Shakira

“First I kissed you, then I got mad at you”

After the travesty that was A Girl Like Me, Shakira’s return to English music was once again plagued by her goat like yodelling. Her Spanish music was cute, she should go back to that I think.

Spoiler

bKmWNqD.png

"Hit It" – Black Eyed Peas (feat. Saweetie & Lele Pons)

“I'ma put a bubble bath in your elephant trunk”

Remember when the Black Eyed Peas used to be a force? Oh how the mighty have fallen. There really isn’t much for me to say here honestly, I didn’t think they could do much worse than A Girl Like Me but they proved me wrong. Lele Pons in 2021? Well, I’m glad someone is paying her bills

Spoiler

Edited by Tinashegrande6

Worst songs 5-1

qalLJ81.png

"Rap Freaks" – Yung Miami

“Pussy hot and ready, bring it to you like it's DoorDash”

This wasn’t a disappointment per se, because my expectations for Yung Miami’s debut solo single were subterranean. At least she matched those. It has all of the Caresha classics: off beat, poor diction and a shit beat. Well done for always being consistently awful :clap3:

Spoiler

Q4yrBDp.png

"Icy Chain" – Saweetie

“Mink on my body like I just went hunting. Tell PETA I'm being one hunnid”

If you ever doubted that pretty privilege existed, look no further than Saweetie. I actually do really like her and she seems lovely, but dear god the talent is sorely lacking here. It seems like without a prominent sample or a collab, she’s just lost. Don’t get me started on her performances too. Icy Chain is pure unadulterated noise and it’s truly unlistenable.

Spoiler

BQnHCJL.png

"Boyz" – Jesy Nelson (feat. Nicki Minaj)

“Like it raw, baby, sashimi”

Is this a super obvious choice? Yes. Am I still going to include it? Oh, absolutely. Obviously a lot of what needs to be said about this song has been said hundreds of times, but I think my main issue is that it could’ve been so much better. Basically, the sample is far too prominent and the bass isn’t loud enough for the chorus to really pack a punch. Nicki also served a basic copy and pasted verse as she so often does nowadays. Not really what I wanted from Jesy’s solo career, but maybe there’s a slim chance she can redeem herself with future releases.

Spoiler

J4wNSKW.png

"333" – Tinashe (feat. ABSOLUTELY)

“Thank you for the sun, now I best get my cake up”

Now this song isn’t bad, and if it had been solo I probably would’ve liked it. But every time I listen to it, I feel a sense of impending dread as I anticipate ABSOLUTELY’s verse. The lyrics (see the quoted line above) are so comically bad and her delivery is terrible. The fact that she changed her name just before the album came out and then got Raye to cry on twitter about writing credits was just the icing on the cake of this whole mess.

Spoiler

o0Y6DmD.png

Mabel 2021

“I spent so long living in my shell. So afraid to unleash my full potential and be myself because I was terrified of what people would think.

I’ve been holding myself back and hiding my whole life because I was worried that the really me wouldn’t be enough. Now I’ve finally found the courage to be who I really am, to properly express myself and be the artist I’ve always wanted to be.

This next part of the journey is dedicated to anyone who’s ever felt scared to truly be themselves. I just want you to know that who you really are is enough, it’s more than enough and I want nothing more than for you to be proud of that. LET THEM KNOW.”

I couldn’t pick a single Mabel song to include on this list, so I thought I’d just include them all. I will preface this by saying that let them know was one of my most played songs last year and that one is good. The video on the other hand :deadbanana2:. She then released a Pokémon song, a Blackpink reject with another shocking video; a Joel Corry collab, arguably his worst song to date; and a cover of Cyndi Lauper’s Time After Time for the McDonald’s Christmas advert. I get that Mabel wants to be a pop star but she simply lacks the charisma and performance ability to pull it off. It’s time to go back to the R&B and chav music she used to make where she just had to stand there and toss her ponytail from left to right. And her stylists need to be fired and shot.

Spoiler

Edited by Tinashegrande6

Spoiler
On 12/19/2021 at 11:09 PM, dreamofyou said:

get into it (yuh) is such an earworm. i'm the same, i hated it when it came out but now i can never stop it playing it my head

Exactly, it really grows!

On 12/19/2021 at 11:15 PM, worldwide angel said:

nnnn i  had the same issue with 333

get into it (yuh)

small reminders 

constant bullshit 

I think her eclectic albums are what I love about her tbh, but sometimes I wish she'd give us another Nightride :gaycat6:

On 12/19/2021 at 11:16 PM, dangerousalex said:

what is this flawless update, and faouzia :mandown:

Nnnn enough :mandown:

On 12/20/2021 at 12:19 AM, Ewan Chaos said:

Heartbreak Anniversary and Pick Up Your Feelings (!!) back to back YUP!

I liked FUCK from Victoria but never went back to it (if anything I kept playing songs from that EP last year more nnn). Yeah Small Reminders is great, agree that it's a bit of a grower.

Well her EP was great too so I'll allow it :jonnycat:

On 12/20/2021 at 12:46 AM, witness1.3 said:

Cut You Off, Eat It, Small Reminders, Get Into It Yuh :clap3:

Stan :clap3:

On 12/20/2021 at 12:41 PM, Lazuli said:

yas the anti jesy song :clap3: 

get into it yuh a doja classic! 

Poor Miss Nelson, she can't catch a break :coffee:

On 12/20/2021 at 3:06 PM, BlackoutZone said:

Eat It literally mega eat, tho I prefer Kitty Kat a bit :WAP:

F.U.C.K. and Heartbreak Anniversary very nice, Small Reminders got heavily improved by the latter part yup

Kitty Kat is another bop it's trew! HERE KITTY KITTY :jonny5:

On 12/20/2021 at 3:23 PM, TheWayWeWere said:

Pick Up Your Feelings is low-key modern r&b masterpiece

Small Reminders :clap3: 

Exactly! She really ended the other girls with that song

On 12/20/2021 at 7:34 PM, Sunderland 4ever said:

This time, I know Pick Up Your Feelings. :jamming:

Oop :hippo:

On 12/20/2021 at 8:10 PM, Pink Matter said:

Small Reminders and GIIY :clap3: 

Honestly it's been a while since I listened to FUCK but it's not as bad as I thought it was :eek: 

I didn't realise FUCK was this panned oh wow :gaycat6:

On 12/21/2021 at 1:50 AM, kiiwii said:

get into it (yuh) is a nice listen as is small reminders :jamming:

i listened to faouzia's 'puppet' a few times, but i was kind of obsessed with 'hero' by her :keir:

I'll need to check that one out!

On 12/21/2021 at 3:03 AM, Legend E said:

Small Reminders is cute!

Yup yup! 

On 12/21/2021 at 11:43 AM, Sempiternal said:

Get Into It (Yuh)

:heart:

On 12/22/2021 at 5:06 PM, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

Heartbreak Anniversary, Pick Up Your Feelings, Eat It, Small Reminders, Get Into It (Yuh) massive accaim :clap3:

Not LM said fuck you to Jesy on Cut You Off i-

F.U.C.K. is just THAT sexy. The way the hook just stuck in my head rent free :jonny5:

Yeah same! Couldn't stop playing it dd

19 hours ago, K$Ellie said:

Eat It, Small Reminders and Get Into It were among my faves on those albums :katie2:

Taste I fear :clap3:

Thanks for the comments guys! :heart:

Edited by Tinashegrande6

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.