• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tinashegrande6

• Sunderland 4ever

• TheWayWeWere

• Alex

FFF & Sister Ray :jamming: really keen on hearing Foxes' upcoming album! mess at you seeing her perform badly tho :toofunny3:

Sister Ray is such a bop :jonny5: FFF was one of the better songs on Zara's album despite that one lyric ffff

wasn't a fan of either of the Y&Y songs but I'll check out the album next month :keir:

Sister ray is decent. I'm not into her music other than that and her collab with zedd. 

Your experience with Foxes live lkfdhfhsdahdfckslahds glad you came around Sister Ray is fantastic! Years & Years's song that isn't Starstruck... I wish her an ounce of luck.

Also hoping all other guest collabs from Kylie's extended album are higher than the Y&Y one!

I think I've heard AWA before and I liked the track you picked so I'm going to get in.

Best songs 40-36

2msJrM8.png

"Let’s Go Home Together" – Ella Henderson and Tom Grennan
“even though you got bad tattoos and smell like booze, I'm into you” :rip:

This is very live laugh love and I imagine the target audience is middle aged wine mums but it’s very inoffensive, slightly cheesy lyrics aside. I think Ella’s voice really makes this, not a big fan of Tom, who seems to have become the next up and coming UK pop boy. Still, the song was originally meant to have James Arthur on it, so small mercies.

Spoiler

D0vgqB4.png

"Last Summer" - Zara Larsson
“If you cared how I care, we'd be together”

This was written by Raye and you can really tell, Zara almost sounds like she’s imitating her voice at times.

Spoiler

3fpx8iV.png

"Worst Behaviour" – Ariana Grande
“This ain't no game won't play with you”

On first listen all of the deluxe tracks from this album were a skip for me. It was only in the last month or so when I came across this song again it clicked. The “rapping” on the hook is a real earworm and the verses remind me of Jason’s Song (Gave it away), which is one of my favourite Ariana songs.

Spoiler

TiibFBl.png

"Constant Bullshit" – Summer Walker
“I was only tryna live my life but darling, you'd rather let outside influence”

Still Over It is one of my favourite albums from this year, but I restricted myself to one song for this list. Constant Bullshit for me really captures the vibe of the album as a whole. Instead of being really sad or a “fuck you” to her ex, this comes across as a lot more fed up and “over” the whole situation. Summer’s writing seems very self aware and emotionally intelligent, which is ironic considering some of her other opinions and antics…

Spoiler

tKupb8P.png

Industry Baby – Lil Nas X (feat. Jack Harlow)

“Get your soldiers, tell 'em I ain't layin' low”

I will maintain that this is the better of the two pre-album singles. Montero was an ok song with a controversial video. This song definitely benefited from the video also, but it’s a good song in its own right. It was nice to see a song where he was simply celebrating his success and Jack’s verse was surprisingly really enjoyable.

Spoiler

Edited by Tinashegrande6

Best songs 35-31

TFA6CMC.png

"Whenever You’re Ready" – Mahalia

“At the end of day, you're still bound to me”

Mahalia is truly a hidden gem in the UK music scene, I really wish she was more successful. Do Not Disturb, What You Did and Jealous are some of my other favourite tracks by her. This is a very easy listen which I found myself playing on repeat almost without noticing.

Spoiler

EQei4mw.png

"Don’t Play" – Anne Marie, KSI, Digital Farm Animals

“I helped you get a UAV, still could never get you that AC” :toofunny2:

I had hoped thought Anne-Marie was truly over after Birthday and To Be Young flopped in 2020. Fear not though, you can always enlist a youtuber to help you get a hit. I wish more mainstream acts went down the garage route, it’s clear the UK public is here for it and it always knocks. Unfortunately, in the past couple of years we’ve only had this song and Mabel’s collab with AJ Tracey, West Ten to fill said gap. They don’t make music like they used to etc etc

Spoiler

c8xIC0a.png

"Intruded" – Justine Skye

“Seems like we can't resist every time we cross paths”

Justine went on twitter bragging about how she’d bagged Justin Timberlake and Tiberland for her album and then…that is what we got? Maybe humility would’ve been a better tactic. A shame because I really like her tone and voice in general. This was one of two songs on the album that actually lived up to the hype for me.

Spoiler

jTtunuj.png

"Come Through" – H.E.R. (feat. Chris Brown)

“I look good, even though I feel shitty” :dies:

What is it with R&B girls and their need to release songs with this man? He really doesn’t add anything that any other generic male vocalist could do just as well. Anyway, the song is a slow R&B sex jam, an area where H.E.R. really excels imo (see Lights On). Not as good as Damage, which I was going to include until I realised it was released in October last year.

Spoiler

d90JN89.png

"Heartbreak Anthem" - Galantis (feat. David Guetta & Little Mix)

“Hello, it's me your ex, I called to say not sorry, but I wish you the best”

This leaked a few months before it got released and I thought it was terrible, everything I wanted them to leave behind in like 2015 :rip: After Sweet Melody and Jesy leaving I was really hoping for a more "grown up" rebrand and with a slightly more R&B leaning sound, but instead they opted to go down the DJ route with another song about heartbreak :toofunny2: I changed my mind when the song was actually released however (and it became a hit, I can’t help success stanning every now and then).

Spoiler

Edited by Tinashegrande6

WaiT this update slays :jonny5:

Last Summer, Constant BS, Don’t Play, Come Through and Heartbreak Anthem :jonny: Bop after bop

Edited by TalkThatRihanna

Thanks for all the comments :heart:

Spoiler
On 12/13/2021 at 10:43 PM, dangerousalex said:

Good Luck is a BOP pia did that. (poor

mabel)

Saweetie was cute but i fear lourdiz is a flop

FFF, Sister Ray, Go Girl:clap3:

Eggsactly :clap3:

On 12/13/2021 at 10:59 PM, Sempiternal said:

Zara & foxes :clap3:

On 12/14/2021 at 1:13 AM, Remmy said:

Nice banner and graphics :heart: 

FFF's drop is kinda wonky but in a really cute way. I like Crave but Starstruck is easily the best single from this era... gonna dive deeper into his discography once the album drops. Sister Ray yesssss :sats::sats: Kiii not the live performance shade, maybe she was having a bad night. I also don't know what a sister ray is :oh:

I've not heard his debut but Paolo Santo was really good!

I googled sister ray and it said it was a record shop in London???

On 12/14/2021 at 2:54 AM, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

I love how much harted you have towards Mabel and the fact that you started to like AWA's music becuase of she no longer associated with Mabel i- :ahh: I love it

FFF & A Second to Midnight praise :clap3: At first i didn't click with Kylie & Olly collab but it really grew on me especially during Disco re-release. They really did that wow

Mabel deserves it all and there's more where that came from :mandown:

On 12/14/2021 at 7:08 AM, TheWayWeWere said:

Sister Ray is such a serve, one of the most enjoyable pop bops in a long time

I kinda didn't expect a lot from ASTM, but it turned to be so great, loved it more than half of DISCO

Yeah same I came across it by accident but I love it!

On 12/14/2021 at 12:12 PM, BlackoutZone said:

So there is some serve, Sister Ray SOTY wbk

Wish I liked Crave and ASTM more, I've been stanning Olly and after my initial hype died those new songs aren't hitting much (and yeah I count Kylie collab as his song, cause I believe it was originally a solo for his album, but when he invited Kylie for Starstruck she also took this one for Disco Guest List nn). They are cute bops tho

Oh that's interesting, I didn't know it was originally his! I'm a bit worried for the album ngl :gaycat6:

On 12/14/2021 at 12:48 PM, TalkThatRihanna said:

I forgot about FFF nnn, but I remember the drop being cute

Oop :clap3:

On 12/14/2021 at 1:33 PM, Lazuli said:

a second to midnight is cute but its far from being the perfect collab on the re-release :mandown: 

22 hours ago, Sunderland 4ever said:

Nice track, but I have to agree with Lazuli there. :ninja:

I have to confess I hadn't heard the other collabs from disco but I listened after I read your comments and Dua's and Gloria's are really fun! Not sure about Jessie's...

19 hours ago, Pink Matter said:

Hey bestie!

Not actually familiar with any of these but this

made me scream so I'm gonna check out this one for sure :jonnycat:

Raye's lyrics are always such a kii :dies:

15 hours ago, kiiwii said:

FFF & Sister Ray :jamming: really keen on hearing Foxes' upcoming album! mess at you seeing her perform badly tho :toofunny3:

14 hours ago, K$Ellie said:

Sister Ray is such a bop :jonny5: FFF was one of the better songs on Zara's album despite that one lyric ffff

wasn't a fan of either of the Y&Y songs but I'll check out the album next month :keir:

Wait which lyric? :coffee:

13 hours ago, Tom Vercetti said:

Sister ray is decent. I'm not into her music other than that and her collab with zedd. 

Yeah same, Clarity was a moment whew

9 hours ago, Ewan Chaos said:

Your experience with Foxes live lkfdhfhsdahdfckslahds glad you came around Sister Ray is fantastic! Years & Years's song that isn't Starstruck... I wish her an ounce of luck.

Also hoping all other guest collabs from Kylie's extended album are higher than the Y&Y one!

They won't be but I listened yesterday and they bopped. Should've gotten into them sooner :gaycat6:

3 hours ago, MP2K said:

I think I've heard AWA before and I liked the track you picked so I'm going to get in.

I haven't really checked her out much but I remember there was a DJ collab she did (which I think might be her most streamed song?) that I liked

2 hours ago, Post Malone said:

we love to see FFF

Purr :jonny5:

Also Foxes live was truly terrible guys, I'm sorry. It was like listening to someone who had never sung live before and she was struggling to stay on key :rip:

All cute picks from their albums, especially Industry Baby is a banger.

Zara Poster Girl re-release was so useless tho, at least she is apparently preparing another album already

• ATRL Moderator

industry baby, intruded... love that justine skye' album tbh

Heartbreak Anthem feels like an early/mid 2010s throwback. :laugh2:

Worst Behaviour is a hit that got away :jonny2:

omg, thanks for some Mahalia love :jonny: her debut is perfect and I loved all 3 new singles 

Don’t Play was cute for a minute :eli:

Industry Baby :falcon: he needs to stick to making rap bangers!

I never bothered with the positions bonus tracks but I just checked out worst behavior and it's cute!

Whenever You're Ready :clap3: I need to check out her other tracks but I liked this one a lot.

On 12/15/2021 at 9:26 AM, Tinashegrande6 said:

"Heartbreak Anthem" - Galantis (feat. David Guetta & Little Mix)

Checked it yesterday and I liked it. :katie2: Waiting for the next update!

Edited by Sunderland 4ever

• ATRL Administrator

Let's Go Home Together, Industry Baby, Heartbreak Anthem :clap3:

Industry Baby is the ONE for me on this list.

Crave, FFF, Sister Ray, A Second to Midnight.

I wish I liked Crave more but I was the opposite, I preferred Starstruck. But yeah really all of his latest efforts have been underwhelming

Worst Behaviour, Constant Bullshit, Industry Baby & Heartbreak Anthem acclaim :jonny5:

The fact that i forgot Zara re-released Poster Girl couple weeks ago like give it up sis, work on ZL3 already

YES i agree that UK Garage needs to comeback! I reaaly love that genre and that's why i really love listening to 90's dance music a lot lately

On 12/15/2021 at 9:26 PM, Tinashegrande6 said:

What is it with R&B girls and their need to release songs with this man?

The label most likely forced them to collab with him for hit songs *Tinashe's Player war flashback*

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.