kiiwii's Best of 2021 || FINISHED ?

kiiwii

replies x

Spoiler
On 12/23/2021 at 1:03 AM, D/X said:

Omg BENEE :party: I do have to listen to the full album though, since I've only listened to the singles.

you should! it's a very decent album :party:

On 12/23/2021 at 8:56 AM, Lazuli said:

333 is cute :clap3: 

who is this maggie linderman i've seen her around and that pic looks hot 

i can't tell if ur being serious nnn :deadbanana2: she's not new to the scene, but her switch to pop rock is. and it's a very fun EP :rockon:

On 12/23/2021 at 9:21 AM, TheWayWeWere said:

333 :clap3: we love a grower :eli: 

kjsdfbfs :dies: tea tho, we do!!

On 12/23/2021 at 4:01 PM, Sunderland 4ever said:

I only listened to it once. :doc: I do love Happen To Me, though.

aw, that's okay. at least you liked one song ksjdf

On 12/23/2021 at 4:11 PM, Moonlightbae said:

Apart!!! such a great album, it was in my top 10 of last year and I still love it so much. can't wait to hear the new album

333 is excellent :heart2:

LÉON is great :jonny: she's def on an upward trajectory for me, personally. very keen on her next album too!

On 12/24/2021 at 10:32 AM, KasioKas said:

333 was fine but I prefered her last album, only took a handful of songs

oop, that's how i felt about Songs For You :gaycat4: we can agree she has cute songs!

On 12/24/2021 at 10:34 PM, Remmy said:

EPs~ Yesss RINSE :clap3: Wish he got more attention, but the Hatchie collab definitely helped a bit. || Albums~ Apart & Hey u x were both one-listen-only albums for me :fan: We have the same trinity for LÉON. The first 4 tracks are great, then it falls off immediately after and never picks back up. As for BENEE, well I actually don't remember much so maybe everything felt too similar kiiii. 333 :jamming: A nice followup to Songs for You for sure.

Oh whoops! :mandown: Did a little research and I think you're right. 

maybe he'll get some more traction with an album? :keir:  oop, well at least you served some taste with your identical trinity from Apart :clap3: 

was out of town and quite busy for christmas, but i'm hoping to finish this soon. i'm also trying to catch up with others' lists :emofish:

albums update below:

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kiiwii

• Remmy

• Sunderland 4ever

• KasioKas

0dpKK3K.png

#20 – 16

H1zRMQE.png

20. Small Black – Cheap Dreams

A super consistent and chill album. It’s all very atmospheric and the colors of the artwork def helped reel me in.

Favorites: “Duplex”, “The Bridge”, “Song To Ruin”

yHDs96y.png

19. Men I Trust – Untourable Album

I hate to compare it to their previous album Oncle Jazz, but this current one just wasn’t as instant for me. They obviously still excel in atmospheric sounds, but some of the tracks kind of drag on. 

Favorites: “Sugar”, “Tree Among Shrubs”, “Lifelong Song”

RRdJ2q8.png

18. chloe moriondo – Blood Bunny

A solid pop rock album that also dabbles in dream pop with some of its tracks. It’s a very enjoyable listen through out.

Favorites: “Manta Rays”, “I Want To Be With You”, “Vapor”

9L6EwoO.png

17. CHUNG HA – Querencia

I don’t follow K-Pop too closely, but I gave this a listen after seeing a lot of talk about it. I did not expect to like it that much, but there’s so many fun songs, and Demente (Spanish Version) even ended up being one of my most played songs of the year. 

Favorites: “Flying on Faith”, “Demente (feat. Guaynaa) [Spanish Version]”, “Lemon (feat. Colde)”

VH9p6e9.png

16. SG Lewis – times

I remember not being too big on the singles prior to the album, but once this was released, everything in it just fit so much more nicely. Groovy and all around fun dance tunes.

Favorites: “Time (feat. Rhye)”, “Feed The Fire (feat. Lucky Daye)”, “Chemicals”

Edited by kiiwii

0dpKK3K.png

#15 – 11

vYCoF1K.png

15. Zara Larsson – Poster Girl

Basic bops? I love them. There’s a few songs that kind of lull the energy of this album, but I can easily look past them with the highs. Deluxe tracks included, it’s a very solid piece of work.

Favorites: “Look What You’ve Done”, “Ruin My Life”, “Last Summer”

4E6bjzN.png

14. The Marías – CINEMA

I’m honestly surprised this is their first album, they seem like an established group with plenty of work under their belt. This album has a bit of a sensual feel to it, and I just love that they also sing in Spanish.

Favorites: “Calling U Back”, “Un Millión”, “To Say Hello”

DUwPpZg.jpg

13. Kacy Hill – Simple, Sweet, and Smiling

She has yet to disappoint me after I discovered her at the end of 2018. She churned this one out rather quickly, releasing it just a year and some months after her previous album. Her sound is refreshing and is actually very soothing at times.

Favorites: “The Right Time”, “Simple, Sweet, and Smiling”, “Walking at Midnight”

6F9pdb1.png

12. Aly & AJ – a touch of the beat gets you up on your feet gets you out and then into the sun

Dismissing the long ass title that I’m not the biggest fan of… I expected to like this a lot more tbh. I enjoyed their upbeat synth-pop EPs so much, and this was a bit of a departure from that sound. Not at all terrible, given its placement ofc. It’s still a very solid album.
Favorites: “Pretty Places”, “Symptom of Your Touch”, “Personal Cathedrals”

ONl5jq0.png

11. girl in red – if i could make it go quiet

Just shy of making my top 10, which is a bit of a surprise, given how often I revisit tracks from this. I honestly had no idea she was so panned, but it doesn’t take away from the fact that this is full of harmless and fun ass songs. 

Favorites: “Seratonin”, “midnight love”, “Rue”

Edited by kiiwii

5 hours ago, kiiwii said:

14. The Marías – CINEMA

Their 2018 EPs are a must-check. Cariño was one of my favorite tracks of that year. :jonny2:

If only I had listened to that Aly & AJ album sooner. :sad:

Querencia and Times had some cute bops here and there :clap3:

agree with girl in red :fan: Zara too high but at least she had a few good songs

Aly & AJ deserved to make the top 10 :jonny2: I liked Annie's album last year a lot but I didn't bother with the EP tbh :rip:

Paranoia and 333 making it quite far :gaycat3: Benee and Leon were cute

Poster Girl has some nice highlights :alexz: Last Summer :smitten: 

Aly & AJ :clap3: I kinda like their new folk sound more :eli: 

#20-16: I remember peeking at the SG Lewis album due to another thread but I wasn't feeling it :'( || #15-11: Ayyy now this set is more my speed :fish1: especially since my AOTY is here!! The Marias & girl in red albums were generally enjoyable. Poster Girl is fun :jamming: "There’s a few songs that kind of lull the energy of this album, but I can easily look past them with the highs." Same, like 8/12 isn't bad and most of those 8 are really great bops :gaycat2: Next she should finally try and serve an album that has ALL killers. I was expecting synthpop from Aly & AJ as well, although there's no way I can complain. At this point they're serving no matter what genre or style. Look What You've Done, Ruin My Life, Last Summer, Calling U Back, Un Millión, Pretty Places, Symptoms, Personal Cathedrals, Serotonin, midnight love, Rue in your trinities :worship:

Zara & Aly & AJ :clap3:

querencia is a cute album :clap3: there's a demente spanish version? isn't it already in spanish? :deadbanana: 

Poster girls top15 oh wow?

Seeing a lot of 'The marias' might check 'em out

Cinema :worship: I love the vibe of that album and has plenty of great songs

Girl in Red's was cute too, definitely not horrible as some people are saying, but some of the songs just feel too... meme-like idk lol

replies x

Spoiler
On 12/29/2021 at 12:04 AM, Sunderland 4ever said:

Their 2018 EPs are a must-check. Cariño was one of my favorite tracks of that year. :jonny2:

If only I had listened to that Aly & AJ album sooner. :sad:

ooh, okay. yeah i haven't listened to their EPs, but i hope to get around to it :celestial5:

On 12/29/2021 at 6:01 AM, K$Ellie said:

Querencia and Times had some cute bops here and there :clap3:

agree with girl in red :fan: Zara too high but at least she had a few good songs

Aly & AJ deserved to make the top 10 :jonny2: I liked Annie's album last year a lot but I didn't bother with the EP tbh :rip:

Paranoia and 333 making it quite far :gaycat3: Benee and Leon were cute

not zara being too high for u :gaycat4: i'll let it slide since u enjoyed girl in red's album too

tinashe & maggie did thaT for me :clap3:

On 12/29/2021 at 1:27 PM, TheWayWeWere said:

Poster Girl has some nice highlights :alexz: Last Summer :smitten: 

Aly & AJ :clap3: I kinda like their new folk sound more :eli: 

yas, last summer is a bop :katie2: oop, it's def cute for them. we love to see solid change-ups 

On 12/29/2021 at 4:33 PM, Remmy said:

#20-16: I remember peeking at the SG Lewis album due to another thread but I wasn't feeling it :'( || #15-11: Ayyy now this set is more my speed :fish1: especially since my AOTY is here!! The Marias & girl in red albums were generally enjoyable. Poster Girl is fun :jamming: "There’s a few songs that kind of lull the energy of this album, but I can easily look past them with the highs." Same, like 8/12 isn't bad and most of those 8 are really great bops :gaycat2: Next she should finally try and serve an album that has ALL killers. I was expecting synthpop from Aly & AJ as well, although there's no way I can complain. At this point they're serving no matter what genre or style. Look What You've Done, Ruin My Life, Last Summer, Calling U Back, Un Millión, Pretty Places, Symptoms, Personal Cathedrals, Serotonin, midnight love, Rue in your trinities :worship:

tea about zara. it's mostly an enjoyable album, but ur right, even her first album had numerous fillers.

aly & aj served, as usual :clap3: the switch-up is cute and it wasn't a drastic bore or anything, thankfully :fan:

yasss, stan those songs :worship: 

On 12/29/2021 at 4:35 PM, Moonlightbae said:

Poster Girl :clap3:

we love to see her :clap3:

On 12/29/2021 at 5:03 PM, Reverse Warholian said:

Girl In Red :clap:

yasss, she deserves more love :party:

On 12/29/2021 at 7:36 PM, Sempiternal said:

Zara & Aly & AJ :clap3:

taste :clap3:

On 12/30/2021 at 7:20 AM, Lazuli said:

querencia is a cute album :clap3: there's a demente spanish version? isn't it already in spanish? :deadbanana: 

it is! but sldkjdk. i think she has some korean lyrics in the original, while the spanish is in full spanish nnn :rip:

On 12/30/2021 at 1:34 PM, KasioKas said:

Poster girls top15 oh wow?

Seeing a lot of 'The marias' might check 'em out

i do love me some basic bops :keir: but yas, you should. the marías are good!

19 hours ago, potent said:

Cinema :worship: I love the vibe of that album and has plenty of great songs

Girl in Red's was cute too, definitely not horrible as some people are saying, but some of the songs just feel too... meme-like idk lol

your taste :clap3:meme-like? fff :rip: i guess i can see that, though i found myself bopping to them lmao

19 hours ago, Yvess said:

POSTER GIRL :worship2: 

:worship:

looks like i'll be finishing this up next year.

thank you for the comments as always tho :heart2:

update below:

pbhpdvg.png

#10 – 6

W7XBr2O.png

10. LAUREL – Limbo Cherry

I finally got around to listening to LAUREL after putting her off for some time and I wish I had done so sooner. This EP has a mixture of bubbly pop songs with some danceable productions. 

Favorites: “Obsessed”, “You’re the One”, “Wild Side”

PTCj2UP.png

9. ADOY – her

This EP came out of nowhere for me. I hadn’t heard of this group whatsoever, so listening to this was such a warm experience. I find the songs so pretty and fun.

Favorites: “Simply”, “Antihero”, “Saint”

9PIKEjJ.png

8. Magdalena Bay – Mini Mix, Vol. 2

Technically this is a mixtape, but I don’t really distinguish those for my list. Released at the end of 2020, this mixtape simply further cemented the grip this duo has on me. And the transitions from track to track, whew!!

Favorites: “Live 4ever”, “Sky2Fall”, “Hideaway”

1bCUew1.png

7. Alaska Reid – Big Bunny

Apparently this is an EP, but it’s 9 tracks long. Anyway! A.G. Cook is a producer on some of these tracks, which helps in making a really interesting sound for her. It walks the line of being noisy as well as taking on a subdued approach with vocals.

Favorites: “Oblivion”, “Boys from Town”, “Blood Ice”

AGo8zqj.png

6. ELIO – Can You Hear Me Now?

I’m sooo glad she’s gotten some more recognition on this site. Jackie Onassis was one of my favorite songs last year, so I was really anticipating this EP. Although none of the songs came close to capturing me like that one did, this just further proved she’s someone I’ll be keeping constant tabs on in the future.

Favorites: “Jackie Onassis”, “When U Saw Love”, “@elio.irl”

Edited by kiiwii

0dpKK3K.png

#10 – 6

ngudTHh.png

10. Porter Robinson – Nurture

The 2 singles leading up to this were so promising, and the album didn’t disappoint whatsoever. It’s so lush and warm, but weirdly enough, it also kinda makes me sad. Despite that, I find myself bopping to the songs frequently. 

Favorites: “Look at the Sky”, “Get Your Wish”, “Something Comforting”

EnQRGnC.png

9. Hayden Casey – Calamities

Dreamy and synth-y. It makes for solid combo, especially when also paired with Hayden’s soft vocals. There’s like a sense of melancholy while not being overly sad. These songs are honestly just beautiful. 

Favorites: “Everything Is Changing”, “3 2 1”, “You Make Me Happy”

deTy4rV.png

8. Sunshine Boysclub – Hut on the Hill

This is 8 tracks long and I nearly put it on my list of EPs, but the artist called it his debut album.. (The difference between albums and EPs is a thin line sometimes…) Anyway, I’m quite shocked I ended up ranking it this high. But this was a pleasant surprise, the songs are simply catchy and upbeat.

Favorites: “Right Out the Window”, “Don’t See Why”, “It’s All Possible”

6AnnDMZ.png

7. Claud – Super Monster

Ahhh, I’ve been hooked on Claud since I came across them back in 2018. So I'm really glad to finally hear a full album from them, and it did not disappoint. Sweet melodies and dreamy vocals are abundant on this album.

Favorites: “Gold”, “Cuff Your Jeans”, “Guard Down”

4EaZYkG.png

6. Roosevelt – Polydans

To think I gave his previous album Young Romance a listen and didn’t enjoy it, is surprising. This is a very cohesive album with disco-tinged bops throughout. 

Favorites: “Closer to My Heart”, “Lovers”, “Sign”

Edited by kiiwii

6 hours ago, kiiwii said:

LAUREL – Limbo Cherry

I loved her 2020 EP, but I haven't checked that EP yet! :ohwow:

Mini Mix, Vol. 2. Underrated :clap3:

My other favorites are Super Monster and Polydans.

Cute list ♡

hmmm i don't know any of these, looking forward to the top 5 tho :lakitu: 

EPs~ At first I was paying dust to their mini mixes because I'm not a fan of short songs but both of them are actually nice, and Vol. 2 is the superior one :alexz3: replace Sky2Fall with Body and you have my trinity :gaycat2: Wish ELIO snatched a top 5 spot!! || Albums~ Already have Roosevelt sitting on my list, I'll continue doing research and see if anyone else can join it :gaycat3:

Charger was  a bop, but I still didn't check Elio's album :fan: 

Interested on who your #1 is! :party:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.