• kiiwii

• Remmy

• Sunderland 4ever

• KasioKas

Mag Bay, Hayden Casey and Alaska Reid :heart2:

pbhpdvg.png

#5 – 1

FyAEuh8.png

5. Pilar Victoria – Hi, My Name Is Pily!

Pilar is only 15 years old, so I thought this was a very cute output from her. Capable of singing both in English and Spanish, and equipped with a super soft voice, she makes these tracks seem insanely delicate. 

Favorites: “I Left A Party For You”, “80s Movie”, “Space Song”

MrSVbov.png

4. L Devine – Near Life Experience Part One

We’re going to ignore the inferior Part Two. While I do wish all of the tracks were new, I guess it’s not so bad that singles from as far back as 2019 found a home in this EP. She served both intimacy and bops with this EP.

Favorites: “With That You Saw Me”, “Don’t Say It”, “Girls Like Sex”

c9BacTa.png

3. Raissa – HEROGIRL

Queen, honestly. This is her first full body of work and it’s very well-rounded. I feel she aimed to make this sound sci-fi-like, and the artwork also complements the artistry well imo. 

Favorites: “GO FAST BABY”, “CROWDED”, “SHADES ON”

dN8VRKR.png

2. Makari – Continuum

Initially, I was surprised I liked this one as much as I did, given how different it is from the rest of the EPs. It’s an introspective body of work, and to put it simply, the emo in me jumped out with this one. 

Favorites: “Let Go”, “Labyrinth”, “Reflection”

j7c3TO7.png

1. MISOGI – little*stars

This has some Rap undertones and an abundance of features that fit together really well. The production on this is the real highlight, and the songs are absolute ear worms. 

Favorites: “Heart Chained (feat. Master Peace & No Rome)”, “Pyreflies (feat. nothing,nowhere. & Lil West)”, “Forget—Me—Not! (feat. Instupendo)”

Edited by kiiwii

0dpKK3K.png

#5 – 1

T1cTvXv.png

5. Kylie Minogue – DISCO

This is only the second album of her’s that I’ve heard in full. Following the mediocrity that was Golden, this is such huge step in the right direction. Deluxe tracks included, there’s not a single song that I skip when listening to it. The title lets you know exactly what you’ll be getting, with lots of tunes to dance to. 

Favorites: “Last Chance”, “Where Does the DJ Go?”, “Till You Love Somebody”

X8f3Uky.png

4. Magdalena Bay – Mercurial World

They can seemingly do no wrong tbh, and I love the acclaim that they’ve been getting. They snatched the #1 spot for my EPs last year, and they came close to being my AOTY this year. Something about their music is just so damn infectious. 

Favorites: “You Lose!”, “Follow The Leader”, “Dreamcatching”

Y8TbWGh.png

3. Terror Jr – Rancho Catastrophe

It being released in November of 2020 allowed me plenty of time to listen to this. I’m kinda surprised they’re not a bit more known on the site. They’ve got plenty of pop bops that range from dance-inspired or even hyper pop tinged. Ultimately, it’s a very fun album.

Favorites: “Would It Make You Feel Better?”, “Rainbows Over Russia”, “Running from the Sun”

j3WN0ZD.png

2. Videoclub – Euphories

Definition of giving an album a listen solely due to the artwork and its color scheme. This duo was a French couple that unfortunately disbanded after they broke up. I believe she’ll be continuing to make music on her own under this stage name tho. Anyway, this album served nothing but french-synth excellence. However, we’ll be ignoring their cover of an xxxtentacion track.

Favorites: “Euphories”, “Polaröids”, “SMS”

uvOyI5y.png

1. CHVRCHES – Screen Violence

When I first listened to this, I knew it would be a strong contender for my AOTY.

I’m not super familiar with their music, so I’m not gonna pretend I’m some huge fan. And I can’t really compare this to any of their previous albums, but as a standalone.. This came and had me impressed with every track. I enjoyed this a lot!

Favorites: “He Said She Said”, “Good Girls”, “Lullabies”

whew, finally! no pings bc i'm glad to be done with this x

i always procrastinate when it comes to finishing by best of lists :rip:

but thank you to everyone who commented :heart2:

i'll def be going around and making final comments on your lists :hug:

no ranking for songs this year :sorry:

Not sure if I even recognize any artist names from the EPs :gaycat3: I've tried plenty of times to get into Kylie but she just doesn't do it for me... like I couldn't even (fully) enjoy 1 DISCO single :noparty: Half of my 4 favorite albums of 2021 (MW+SV) ending up in yours :smitten::smitten::smitten: Yup both of them snapped extra hard last year! And your trinities from them are solid as well.

Glad to see you finally finish this :gaycat4: Great Best Of overall!

Let me catch up a bit

I haven't listen to Annie's new EP let me check out a bit (since she collab with Richard X again!) :jonny5: Also yes @ PARANOIA acclaim!

Querencia praise. It's one of the best (k-pop) album this year. It's sad that the Korean GP kinda paid it to dust but miss Chung Ha and the gays gave them the Stay Tonight:jonny5: 333, Hey u x, times, a touch of the beat... also in the top 30 too we love to see it!

I discovered Porter Robinson couple months ago and his music didn't click with me yet. Maybe i should give it another chance

On 1/10/2022 at 10:34 AM, kiiwii said:

0dpKK3K.png

#5 – 1

T1cTvXv.png

5. Kylie Minogue – DISCO

This is only the second album of her’s that I’ve heard in full. Following the mediocrity that was Golden, this is such huge step in the right direction. Deluxe tracks included, there’s not a single song that I skip when listening to it. The title lets you know exactly what you’ll be getting, with lots of tunes to dance to. 

Favorites: “Last Chance”, “Where Does the DJ Go?”, “Till You Love Somebody”

uvOyI5y.png

1. CHVRCHES – Screen Violence

When I first listened to this, I knew it would be a strong contender for my AOTY.

I’m not super familiar with their music, so I’m not gonna pretend I’m some huge fan. And I can’t really compare this to any of their previous albums, but as a standalone.. This came and had me impressed with every track. I enjoyed this a lot!

Favorites: “He Said She Said”, “Good Girls”, “Lullabies”

AHH my favorite albums in the top 5 :jonnycat: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.