• KasioKas

replies x

Spoiler
On 12/14/2021 at 10:40 PM, Ewan Chaos said:

Okay well I have to check out that Dad Sports EP for the name alone nnn

Rebecca and bea's EPs :clap:

dkskdj, we love quirky titles! taste tho :clap3:

On 12/14/2021 at 11:04 PM, TheWayWeWere said:

Pale Waves debut still sounds pretty fresh, but I never get into their second one :doc: 

i've only heard 1 song from their debut, i need to dive into it tho

On 12/14/2021 at 11:11 PM, Sempiternal said:

Pale Waves :heart:

:clap3:

On 12/15/2021 at 5:04 AM, MP2K said:

Rebecca Black had me shook with Girlfriend!

fr, such a solid pop song :katie2:

On 12/15/2021 at 6:05 AM, Hikari said:

Rebecca Black just continuing to server this year, love her for that :clap3: 

Oh, I really love that EP from bea tho I prefer Cologne over Last Day On Earth (which I also enjoyed when it was released)

I enjoyed the Pale Waves album. I also listened to the Half Waif album but only once x

yas, she deserves it! 

Cologne would be 3rd for me, but they're all great :worship: 

On 12/15/2021 at 10:38 AM, Tsareena said:

the rebecca black ep was unexpectedly a serve. also love half waif's album.

tea, it was a pleasant change in direction for her :clap3:

On 12/15/2021 at 11:01 AM, Sunderland 4ever said:

I don't get the Pale Waves hate either. I mean, the record was okay overall. :michael:

yeah, it didn't deserve to get on 'worst of' lists :'(

On 12/15/2021 at 11:46 AM, Remmy said:

Oooh RALPH has been on my list for a while, gotta get into her soon. Rebecca Black lost me a few years ago but I respect the genre switch. Last Birthday :heart2: Another solid Valley EP. ||  Are We? sounds cute, let me write that down :jamming: Love Goes & Who Am I? are both quite enjoyable! I also don't get the Pale Waves hate, although I do understand why people shade them for sounding too Avril-esque. I actually got into them because someone on my timeline was praising "Change" for sounding like her. :fan:

yesss, you should! but if you don't like her, she wasn't recommend by me! :keir: oop, not on the rebecca train this time? 

i guess a little shade never hurt, but they're not terrible!

On 12/15/2021 at 1:12 PM, BlackoutZone said:

Rebecca really making everyone switch years later, kinda deserved cause I didn't know she has that in her!

she's come quite a ways since being bullied :jonny:

On 12/15/2021 at 4:09 PM, KasioKas said:

Love Goes :clap3:Still an excellent album and a nice change to his dicsog

yas, i think the change for Sam was done well :clap3:

On 12/15/2021 at 6:56 PM, luckystrike said:

yas Rebecca, also forgot about that Sam album ddd, Diamonds slays!

taste! :worship:

On 12/16/2021 at 9:41 AM, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

Rebbecca getting acclaim this year wow. Truly Charli XCX sister methinks :clap3: I've seen so many lists with beabadoobee on it. Then i finally listened and she's actually not bad. #ThankYouATRLBestOf

Sam shoud've not ditched the original theme for Love Goes (but they should ditched that Demi collab) and then include some new songs on it i'm aftaid. It's not like thse new material are better than the original To Die For songs (i assume)

oop, idk if rebecca is quite on that level yet lmao. glad you gave beabadoobee a listen :clap3:

yeah... i don't use that demi collab either :biblio: i completely forgot about the change Sam did bc of the title tho.

18 hours ago, OreGuy said:

the list looks expensive nnn makes me wanna listen to them more :jonny5:

lmao thank you :heart2:  

15 hours ago, Lazuli said:

hmmm sam smith's was ok i guess

it has a handful of cute songs :mandown:

update below after two days of procrastination:

pbhpdvg.png

#20 – 16

GQQ9BAg.png

20. Blu DeTiger – How Did We Get Here?

A promising debut EP by this bassist. These songs have a bit of funk in them.

Favorites: “Vintage”, “Night Shade”

lS6TpLv.png

19. Hope Tala – Girl Eats Sun

A pleasant EP that is a bit more delicate in sound that is further aided by Hope’s soft vocals.

Favorites: “Mulholland (feat. Sky)”, “Crazy”

9bDO5CC.png

18. Fickle Friends – Weird Years (Season 1)

This group also put out a follow up (Season 2) EP, but it paled in comparison imo. Just a handful of cute synth-pop tracks.

Favorites: “What a Time”, “IRL”

sOVNNlO.png

17. Ellis – nothing is sacred anymore

Ellis excels in intimate vulnerability. Last year, she was both my AOTY and SOTY. While she didn’t top my list of EPs this year, she’s proven to remain one of my favorite recent discoveries. 

Favorites: “hospital”, “what if love isn’t enough”

4T0P92Z.png

16. YUKIKA – timeabout,

After listening to SOUL LADY last year and not being very impressed, I went into this EP thinking it would be no different. Luckily that wasn’t the case, as these upbeat tracks are really fun. I'll have to re-visit her album sometime.

Favorites: “Lovemonth”, “TIME TRAVEL”

Edited by kiiwii

0dpKK3K.png

#40 – 36

DdCGYjz.png

40. COIN – Rainbow Mixtape

This group has released EPs of the tracks prior to compiling them into this album. I really enjoyed one of those EPs, but the others just didn’t hit as much. Ultimately, it made for a very mixed album.

Favorites: “Sprite”, “You Are the Traffic”

hYNAuLC.png

39. Luna Shadows – Digital Pacific

It’s a long debut album at over 55 minutes, with many of the songs being released prior to the release. But so many of these tracks are good and the melodies are catchy.

Favorites: “lowercase”, “trash tv”

TsjFULU.png

38. Petite Amie – Petite Amie

A group based out of Mexico, having a mix of both spanish and french lyrics. Full of groovy pop tunes.

Favorites: “El Delirio”, “Refugio”

3mjmJwV.png

37. THALA – adolescence

Very lush and dreamy production, there’s not much more to it.

Favorites: “something in the water (feat. Bearcubs)”, “takemeanywhere”

E3dOWvl.png

36. Pom Pom Squad – Death of a Cheerleader

A range of songs from bombastic punk to romantic rock. 

Favorites: “Crying”, “Red with Love”

Edited by kiiwii

not familiar with these but always looking for new artists to consider checking out

Yeah Season 1 was better than Season 2, hopefully Fickle Friends could finally release a follow up to You Are Someone Else

It's true Soul Lady wasn't really all that, Yukika really proved us wrong this year!

Whew, Blu DeTiger getting some love :clap:And Yukika, amazing of course.

Had no idea COIN already released another album that was a sewn together EP collection :deadbanana:

timeabout, acclaim :jonny5: we love to see it!

I discovered Death of a Cheerleader couple days ago and it is really good. It reminds me of indie rock songs that Netflix put on every romcom films (In a good way though lol)

You know I stan Yukika so timeabout is a SLAY inclusion, but I personally think Soul Lady was even better! If you want a bop try the Neon 1989 version, it's more upbeat :katie2:

OMG I can't at this set. :jonny4:

Petite Amie and adolescence one after the other. :heart2: My favorites are Refugio and adolescence respectively.

timeabout is so good :jonny5: I loved her album from last year as well but this was probably even better for me

Bea's ep deserved to be a bit higher :giraffe:

Oh I was wondering why Ellis' name looked familiar, they dominated last time :gaycat3: I'll skim through things I don't know at a later time. Fickle Friends yesss :clap3: Glad to see them appear SOMEWHERE. Season 1 is the superior EP yup yup, and your top 2 are knocks!!! It's so funny how they were dropping music in "seasons" and then said fuck it, here's a completely different project coming next year that has 9 songs you've never heard! || RAINBOW MIXTAPE really was underwhelming, at least it's just a mixtape. They probably wanted an opportunity to drop music that's less upbeat/catchy?

Dunno any from this list :dancehall:

I totally skipped Fickle Friends this year. :skull: Although I remember listening to a couple of songs in the last months but now I'm unsure...

Blue DeTiger :clap3:Liked Vintage.

okay the entries so far are really new to me, i like this :jonny5: i'll look onto your lists and see the entries to discover, they all seem great based on your descriptions :heart:

replies x

Spoiler
On 12/17/2021 at 6:00 PM, KasioKas said:

not familiar with these but always looking for new artists to consider checking out

yes, please do if you have time! :heart2:

On 12/17/2021 at 8:23 PM, Hikari said:

Yeah Season 1 was better than Season 2, hopefully Fickle Friends could finally release a follow up to You Are Someone Else

It's true Soul Lady wasn't really all that, Yukika really proved us wrong this year!

i only recently started listening to fickle friends, but i'm guessing i should check out that album :celestial5:

but oop, glad i'm not the only one with that opinion of yukika's album :fan:

On 12/17/2021 at 8:47 PM, luckystrike said:

don't know anything other than timeabout which I heard once ddd but I remember it was cutesy!!

yeah, i'm too big on k-pop, but it's a v cute EP :jamming:

On 12/17/2021 at 10:03 PM, Ewan Chaos said:

Whew, Blu DeTiger getting some love :clap:And Yukika, amazing of course.

Had no idea COIN already released another album that was a sewn together EP collection :deadbanana:

it's what they both deserve :worship: but yeah, was an interesting project. not the best, tho i've only ever heard Dreamland from them ksdkjdfn

On 12/18/2021 at 4:15 AM, Lazuli said:

yukika :clap3: 

absolutely :clap3: 

On 12/18/2021 at 4:45 AM, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

timeabout, acclaim :jonny5: we love to see it!

I discovered Death of a Cheerleader couple days ago and it is really good. It reminds me of indie rock songs that Netflix put on every romcom films (In a good way though lol)

yesss, she served this year :clap3: omg yas, get into pom pom squad :jonny: lmao, i could see some songs being used for those kinds of films.

On 12/18/2021 at 5:16 AM, TheWayWeWere said:

waiting for next update, since I didn't know anyone from this :fan: 

oop, this update is kinda indie'd too :emofish: but thank you for commenting anyway lol

On 12/18/2021 at 7:13 AM, BlackoutZone said:

You know I stan Yukika so timeabout is a SLAY inclusion, but I personally think Soul Lady was even better! If you want a bop try the Neon 1989 version, it's more upbeat :katie2:

last.fm says i've listened to that version too :rip: i think a re-visit is long overdue if i liked ha EP nnn

On 12/18/2021 at 3:30 PM, Sunderland 4ever said:

OMG I can't at this set. :jonny4:

Petite Amie and adolescence one after the other. :heart2: My favorites are Refugio and adolescence respectively.

your taste :clap3: refugio is so fun!

On 12/18/2021 at 7:17 PM, K$Ellie said:

timeabout is so good :jonny5: I loved her album from last year as well but this was probably even better for me

Bea's ep deserved to be a bit higher :giraffe:

tea, i'm glad i gave her another chance after the album :worship: 

On 12/18/2021 at 9:16 PM, Remmy said:

Oh I was wondering why Ellis' name looked familiar, they dominated last time :gaycat3: I'll skim through things I don't know at a later time. Fickle Friends yesss :clap3: Glad to see them appear SOMEWHERE. Season 1 is the superior EP yup yup, and your top 2 are knocks!!! It's so funny how they were dropping music in "seasons" and then said fuck it, here's a completely different project coming next year that has 9 songs you've never heard! || RAINBOW MIXTAPE really was underwhelming, at least it's just a mixtape. They probably wanted an opportunity to drop music that's less upbeat/catchy?

she sure did :keir: i didn't even know fickle friends was putting out a new album until i was making this list and checked their AM page :deadbanana: it'll be my first album of theirs i listen to, so i'm optimistic! and true, def felt a bit more experimental in a sense than Dreamland

On 12/19/2021 at 12:47 AM, Sempiternal said:

Dunno any from this list :dancehall:

that's okay :hug:

On 12/19/2021 at 3:21 AM, D/X said:

I totally skipped Fickle Friends this year. :skull: Although I remember listening to a couple of songs in the last months but now I'm unsure...

Blue DeTiger :clap3:Liked Vintage.

nice to see some more blu detiger love :clap3: vintage is a fun one!

20 hours ago, OreGuy said:

okay the entries so far are really new to me, i like this :jonny5: i'll look onto your lists and see the entries to discover, they all seem great based on your descriptions :heart:

thank you! :heart2:

update below

0dpKK3K.png

#35 – 31

D3Iputn.png

35. Mini Trees – Always In Motion

Cute indie pop album, with some dream pop undertones. This definitely could have placed higher if I had listened to it some more.

Favorites: “Youth”, “Spring”

Fk9hD3p.png

34. Kinlaw – The Tipping Scale

A nice surprise of a discovery I made. Initially, I wasn’t too keen on the album, but that changed with multiple listens. Her voice fills in so much.

Favorites: “There She Is”, “Oleander”

ufc5eEl.png

33. allie – maybe next time

This album sits at 16 tracks and is a little over an hour long, which kind of leads to the tracks blending together. However, it’s a deeply personal album for the artist and that's evident.

Favorites: “listless”, “destroyer”

o7PRGSj.png

32. Far Caspian – Ways To Get Out

A cute and toned down indie pop album.

Favorites: “Attempt”, “Questions”

oV3wd7M.png

31. Wet – Letter Blue

These songs are so pretty and the singer’s soft voice only adds to that. It just feels like a very delicate album.

Favorites: “On Your Side”, “Only One”

#30 – 26

A9AbXq6.png

30. Sydney Sprague – maybe i will see you at the end of the world

10 guitar-driven songs that complement each other really well. There’s a lot of emotion in this album.  

Favorites: “staircase failure”, “end of the world”

lvBInNy.png

29. Madison Beer – Life Support

I did not expect to like this album as much as I did. Plenty of bops, and even the slower songs are enjoyable.

Favorites: “BOYSHIT”, “Baby”

mrPKWqA.png

28. Paloma Mami – Sueños de Dalí

Chilean Queen. Her voice makes a lot of these songs seem very sensual.

Favorites: “Goteo”, “Religiosa”

iPiYdbI.png

27. Hovvdy – True Love

Some hazy vocals make another appearance, although this time a bit more subtly.  This duo leans a bit on indie pop with this album, but it’s far from being exuberant.

Favorites: “Blindsided”, “Junior Day League”

xYsudfM.png

26. Tigers Jaw – I Won’t Care How You Remember Me

With both male and female vocals on separate tracks throughout, this album is full of fine-tuned emo pop songs that are both catchy and nostalgic.
Favorites: “Hesitation”, “Can’t Wait Forever”

FINALLY something I can relate to with Life Support :fan: what a bop of an album, tho generic, it's super fun :fan:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.