kiiwii's Best of 2021 || FINISHED ?

kiiwii

Elio hsdghfd I didn't bother to listen but i LOVED Charger and the original EP was really good :katie2:

Better Mistakes was actually okay for her standards and the Foxes EP is already getting washed by her upcoming album :fan:

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kiiwii

• Remmy

• Sunderland 4ever

• KasioKas

please listen to both of Foxes’ albums if you have the time, they’re miles better than the EP :heart:

askldfa not ELIO coming in with the remixes. I agree I wasn't that big on them but it was a neat idea. Charger was improved (the original feels empty now)

Bebe... I think I was a bit harsh on her but there were a few duds. However there were also some fun songs! Sacrifice is definitely a key track

HMs: Molly Burch's Emotion was the first song I listened to this year and I didn't even bother with the album asdfghjkl. Marina's album was cute but it got old pretty quick but that's already better than L+F. I'm guessing Positions is here because of the deluxe interludes (or maybe it wasnt included in 2020). Star-crossed really was disappointing so maybe compared to GH so maybe that's why it's just in HMs. Slayyter kinda did that tho, I prefer TP over her debut now. Demi gave us Melon Cake this year so props to them :clap3:

From the EPs section, I really liked the one from Samia. Griff's had some cute stuff. I didn't even know XYLO released this year so maybe will check that out

Ginger root making it here, @ABYSIL's impact. I think the good sis is banned tho.

Didnt really listen to the Foxes' EP but I'm pretty sure she had given us better stuff this year.

Bebe gave us Sacrfice and we should all thank her for that!

Doss making it to the list :clap3:

i'll be waiting for Foxes new album next year (i hope), the EP from what i heard so far is not that great :gaycat6: She will always be making good music next year i'm sure

The layout and taste made me remember I got some discoveries from you last year yesss! oprah-winfrey-scream.gif Kailee Morgue & Valley are great! I like Nova Miller as well.

Positions is Ari's weakest album, just generally unenjoyable :sad: star-crossed is a significant downgrade but still good enough. Demi put a few too many fillers on that damn tracklist. || OMG another person shouting out Samia!!! Her debut was great and same for this EP, wish it made the main list. XYLØ's EP was meh, Chlorine is one of her bests though. Remix projects aren't my favorites but I liked ELIO's (unpopular opinion: the original CHARGER is superior.) Daya :heart: If you haven't already you must, must, MUST listen to Glorious + All I Need from Foxes. Friends In the Corner lacked some discography highlights.

Charger Remix issa SERVE

Better Mistake is indeed a mistake besides Sacrifice :rip: 

ELIO remix album was cute, but it indeed didn't really improve the songs (not that most of them would need it anyway). But at least I got into her properly thanks to charger remix. Better Mistakes making yet another list.. God bless!

16 hours ago, kiiwii said:

50. Adult Oriented Pop – 6:15 AM

Great addition. At the beginning, it was quite hard for me to find info about this album. Some Might Say is awesome.

As for EPs, Loretta is my favorite off Ginger Root's City Slicker. :clap:

replies x

Spoiler
On 12/13/2021 at 5:00 PM, Sempiternal said:

Bebe :worship:

cute album!

On 12/13/2021 at 5:03 PM, KasioKas said:

Didn't really like bebe's album I ran through it and only kept Sabotage

oop, you didn't even keep Sacrifice? :cupid:

On 12/13/2021 at 5:28 PM, dreamofyou said:

naur not the ELIO remix album:bibliahh:

better mistakes though:clap3:

now... not too hard on the remix album! lmao

On 12/13/2021 at 5:30 PM, K$Ellie said:

Elio hsdghfd I didn't bother to listen but i LOVED Charger and the original EP was really good :katie2:

Better Mistakes was actually okay for her standards and the Foxes EP is already getting washed by her upcoming album :fan:

the remix could def be passed since you've listened to the superior original EP :clap3:but yas, the singles foxes has put out for the album are v promising

On 12/13/2021 at 6:05 PM, dangerousalex said:

please listen to both of Foxes’ albums if you have the time, they’re miles better than the EP :heart:

i def will! :heart2: i should have time to listen to 'em since new releases have slowed down

On 12/13/2021 at 7:47 PM, hofork said:

askldfa not ELIO coming in with the remixes. I agree I wasn't that big on them but it was a neat idea. Charger was improved (the original feels empty now)

Bebe... I think I was a bit harsh on her but there were a few duds. However there were also some fun songs! Sacrifice is definitely a key track

ELIO may have a bit of a grip on me. i wanted to give her some more recognition kjsdjkdf. 

On 12/13/2021 at 7:58 PM, Hikari said:

HMs: Molly Burch's Emotion was the first song I listened to this year and I didn't even bother with the album asdfghjkl. Marina's album was cute but it got old pretty quick but that's already better than L+F. I'm guessing Positions is here because of the deluxe interludes (or maybe it wasnt included in 2020). Star-crossed really was disappointing so maybe compared to GH so maybe that's why it's just in HMs. Slayyter kinda did that tho, I prefer TP over her debut now. Demi gave us Melon Cake this year so props to them :clap3:

From the EPs section, I really liked the one from Samia. Griff's had some cute stuff. I didn't even know XYLO released this year so maybe will check that out

Ginger root making it here, @ABYSIL's impact. I think the good sis is banned tho.

Didnt really listen to the Foxes' EP but I'm pretty sure she had given us better stuff this year.

Bebe gave us Sacrfice and we should all thank her for that!

Molly's Emotion is sooo good, def the highlight of the album for me :jonny: i actually thought L+F had some cute songs too... :toofunny2: but yeah, positions is here bc of the eligibility dates i used for this year and it had just made the starting cutoff. tea! star-crossed really doesn't compare to the greatness that was GH, but maybe it'll grow? 

On 12/13/2021 at 8:09 PM, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

Doss making it to the list :clap3:

i'll be waiting for Foxes new album next year (i hope), the EP from what i heard so far is not that great :gaycat6: She will always be making good music next year i'm sure

doss' was a v solid EP :clap3:as for foxes', it's cute. but i'm also intrigued with the future album!

On 12/13/2021 at 9:41 PM, Remmy said:

The layout and taste made me remember I got some discoveries from you last year yesss! oprah-winfrey-scream.gif Kailee Morgue & Valley are great! I like Nova Miller as well.

Positions is Ari's weakest album, just generally unenjoyable :sad: star-crossed is a significant downgrade but still good enough. Demi put a few too many fillers on that damn tracklist. || OMG another person shouting out Samia!!! Her debut was great and same for this EP, wish it made the main list. XYLØ's EP was meh, Chlorine is one of her bests though. Remix projects aren't my favorites but I liked ELIO's (unpopular opinion: the original CHARGER is superior.) Daya :heart: If you haven't already you must, must, MUST listen to Glorious + All I Need from Foxes. Friends In the Corner lacked some discography highlights.

kiiiiing :jonny:your taste is already great!

you spilled about kacey. GH is miles better, but i do think i need to give star-crossed more of a chance. yesss, samia's album was v cute too! def deserves some more spins from me. oop, super unpopular opinion, methinks. i've seen nearly everyone prefer the remix :fan: but yas, i'll be sure to listen to Foxes' albums soon! :heart2:

20 hours ago, TheWayWeWere said:

Charger Remix issa SERVE

Better Mistake is indeed a mistake besides Sacrifice :rip: 

truly a bop :jamming: not you saying bebe's album name is fitting tho kdsfksfn :toofunny2:

15 hours ago, BlackoutZone said:

ELIO remix album was cute, but it indeed didn't really improve the songs (not that most of them would need it anyway). But at least I got into her properly thanks to charger remix. Better Mistakes making yet another list.. God bless!

spilled! glad the charli collab brought some more attention to her :clap3:

12 hours ago, Sunderland 4ever said:

Great addition. At the beginning, it was quite hard for me to find info about this album. Some Might Say is awesome.

As for EPs, Loretta is my favorite off Ginger Root's City Slicker. :clap:

oh those two tracks are absolutely my faves from their respective works :clap3: great taste!

5 hours ago, luckystrike said:

Foxes and Bebe :clap3: 

thanks king! :heart2:

late update below

pbhpdvg.png

#25 – 21

7z3myh6.png

25. Dad Sports – I Am Just A Boy Leave Me Alone !!!

Upbeat jangle pop songs that make for a rather fun listen.

Favorites: “nrvs again”, “name & place”

t9R9d8s.png

24. Ralph – Gradience

She makes another appearance on my list of EPs! Not as enjoyable as Flashbacks & Fantasies, but she’s still putting out solid pop songs. Still waiting for an album tho

Favorites: “Tommy”, “Mood Ring”

mtLuJwu.png

23. Rebecca Black – Rebecca Black Was Here

I really enjoyed some of her standalone singles these past 2 years and this was no different. She’s taken a different approach and it’s working for her. 

Favorites: “NGL”, “Girlfriend”

yBbQJ7e.png

22. beabadoobee – Our Extended Play

I’ve never really been too interested in her music. Her album last year was pretty moderate for me, but this EP is super promising. It’s rather reminiscent of the early 2000s imo.

Favorites: “Last Day On Earth”, “He Gets Me So High”

tYSlNUz.png

21. Valley – Last Birthday

I discovered this group just last year. They make some very fun pop songs.

Favorites: “SOCIETY”, “tempo”

Edited by kiiwii

0dpKK3K.png

#45 – 41

5H5Ikp1.png

45. slenderbodies – Are We?

This duo specializes in some dreamy production that are accompanied by softly sung vocals. 

Favorites: “cherry blossom”, “superpowerful (with Crooked Colours)”

0FssvBV.png

44. Sam Smith – Love Goes

This is dragged down a bit by the long track-list, but I really enjoyed the more pop direction Sam went with for this album.

Favorites: “So Serious”, “Kids Again”

hJPkgla.png

43. Ali Gatie – The Idea Of Her

Not gonna lie, this is quite basic. No lyrical masterpieces, and he’s forever singing about relationships. But I still find myself coming back to his music. 

Favorites: “What If I Told You That I Love You”, “Running On My Mind”

CT3Hxvk.png

42. Half Waif – Mythopoetics

With some heavy production and some synths, Half Waif’s voice sounds great on these tracks.

Favorites: “Swimmer”, “Party’s Over”

8DyAy4J.png

41. Pale Waves – Who Am I?

I know they’re mostly being dragged all over this section, but I enjoyed this album! Very fun pop rock tracks that have a sense of nostalgia around them.

Favorites: “Change”, “Easy”

Okay well I have to check out that Dad Sports EP for the name alone nnn

Rebecca and bea's EPs :clap:

Pale Waves debut still sounds pretty fresh, but I never get into their second one :doc: 

Pale Waves :heart:

Rebecca Black just continuing to server this year, love her for that :clap3: 

Oh, I really love that EP from bea tho I prefer Cologne over Last Day On Earth (which I also enjoyed when it was released)

I enjoyed the Pale Waves album. I also listened to the Half Waif album but only once x

• ATRL Moderator

the rebecca black ep was unexpectedly a serve. also love half waif's album.

I don't get the Pale Waves hate either. I mean, the record was okay overall. :michael:

Oooh RALPH has been on my list for a while, gotta get into her soon. Rebecca Black lost me a few years ago but I respect the genre switch. Last Birthday :heart2: Another solid Valley EP. ||  Are We? sounds cute, let me write that down :jamming: Love Goes & Who Am I? are both quite enjoyable! I also don't get the Pale Waves hate, although I do understand why people shade them for sounding too Avril-esque. I actually got into them because someone on my timeline was praising "Change" for sounding like her. :fan:

Rebecca really making everyone switch years later, kinda deserved cause I didn't know she has that in her!

Edited by BlackoutZone

Love Goes :clap3:Still an excellent album and a nice change to his dicsog

Rebbecca getting acclaim this year wow. Truly Charli XCX sister methinks :clap3: I've seen so many lists with beabadoobee on it. Then i finally listened and she's actually not bad. #ThankYouATRLBestOf

Sam shoud've not ditched the original theme for Love Goes (but they should ditched that Demi collab) and then include some new songs on it i'm aftaid. It's not like thse new material are better than the original To Die For songs (i assume)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.