Mr. Blue_Shirt's Best of 2021 | FINISHED!

Mr. Blue_Shirt

Next is Honorable Mentions (Singles Version) 

This is also 2 parts but different with the album one

The 1st part is the songs that i genuinely like but there's no seat at the top 100 table

The 2nd part is the songs that catchy enough but i have to be in the certain mood to enjoy it

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Blue_Shirt

• Tinashegrande6

• Legend E

• TheWayWeWere

68tXWxm.png

kEio1ka.png

iu-lilac-Cover-Art.jpgadele-30-Cover-Art.jpgjoy-je-taime-Cover-Art.jpgnamasenda-banana-clip-Cover-Art.jpgpolo-g-rapstar-Cover-Art.jpg

LILAC - IU

Released: March 25, 2021

from the album Lilac

Spotify // Apple Music // Youtube

Oh My God - Adele

Released: November 29, 2021

from the album 30

Je T'aime - JOY

Released: May 26, 2021

from the EP Hello

Banana Clip (feat. Mowalola) - Namasenda

Released: August 19, 2021

from the mixtape Unlimited Ammo

Rapstar - Polo G

Released: April 9, 2021

from the album Hall of Fame

68tXWxm.png

kEio1ka.png

stayc-stereotype-Cover-Art.jpggayle-abcdefu-angrier-Cover-Art.jpgdreamcatcher-dystopia-road-to-utopia-Cover-Art.jpgjorja-smith-addicted-Cover-Art.jpgmegan-thee-stallion-something-for-thee-hotties-Cover-Art.jpg

STEREOTYPE - STAYC

Released: September 6, 2021

from the EP Stereotype

abcdefu (angrier) - GAYLE

Released: August 13, 2021

Odd Eye - Dreamcatcher

Released: January 26, 2021

from the EP Dystopia: Road to Utopia

Addicted - Jorja Smith

Released: March 10, 2021

from the EP Be Right Back

Megan's Piano - Megan Thee Stallion

Released: November 30, 2021

from the mixtape Something for Thee Hotties

CRAZY IN LOVE was disappointing tbh :biblio: IT'Z Me outsold

dwtd and deacon are cute 

stereotype >>>> asap

i can't listen to lilac without thinking of this :skull: 

10 minutes ago, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

Hide contents

Well you can start listen to their singles from their 2000s album + Coloratura from their new album and you are set :giraffe:

Most people already forgot about it oop :siptea:

Honestly truly one of the most dissapointed album this year and the fact that Bebe promised us an album full of Britney's Toxic but where are they mama? 

I feel like my high expectations for Deacon based on critics hurt this album alot for me but i still enjoy the album for what it is nnn

She made some points with that :giraffe:

My taste most of the time are questionable and sometimes i wonder why nnn :gaycat6:

The check was cleared for HER's team to my mail i fear

Demi should've trim the album to 14 tracks and i'm set tbh nn

zrV88zR.gif

The fact that i remember Taeyeon ep because my friend sent me her song 'Playlist'to me couple weeks ago :deadbanana4:

Also i feel like ITZY peaked during their debut i'm afraid. Most of the material since ICY feels very different, sometimes not in a good way nn

I know.. It's just a stockholm syndrome :gaycat6:

Yes thank you guys for checking it out :heart:

I've heard there singles haha just not albums 

Oh My God + abcdefu (angrier) :angelo:

DONDA didn't do much for me at all :matty: Demi's album was bloated while Coldplay's was too short, but both were lacking some standout tracks & had a few missed opportunities. - So I'm fine with these being HMs! || Oh My God isn't one of my 30 faves so I can't complain about that either (but I'm guessing it's mainly here because it's still so new?) -- Hurricane, Believe What I Say, California Sober, Carefully, The Art of Starting Over, People of the Pride getting some love :clap3:

Thanks for the Spotify links!

Oh My God :beatfreak:

Deacon was very good, I need to revisit

ITZY fucking garbage babes :heart:

Donda is... well I can't deny it's pretty good at parts, but I feel uncomfortable listening to that album knowing its featured artists :skull:

I really wish Music of the Spheres was better, it feels unfinished idk. We have the same top 3 tho, Coloratura a massive stand out for sure

Ahh Dreamcatcher! I relegated Odd Eye to HM status too ? Might regret that personally. I also think Stereotype was my favorite STAYC song I heard, but I'm still waiting for that track that really "clicks" for me and makes me want to get into them. They're not bad, though. :heart2:

Megan's whole mixtape was such a refreshing return to form for her and Megan's Piano was definitely a standout :clap3:

Not usually an Adele fan but Oh My God is a bop! Nice to see abcdefu grew on you too nnn :deadbanana2:

OMG what taste :turkey:

DWTD was cute when it came out but I rarely go back to it. I hated the BeBe album tho nn

Spoiler
11 hours ago, Lazuli said:

CRAZY IN LOVE was disappointing tbh :biblio: IT'Z Me outsold

dwtd and deacon are cute 

stereotype >>>> asap

i can't listen to lilac without thinking of this :skull: 

I feel like ITZY was already peak during debut i fear. No more FUNTZY from her now on and i'm sad

That Lilac remix :deadbanana4: you're going to hell for this nnn

11 hours ago, Insanity said:

I've heard there singles haha just not albums 

Oh wait nnn

Their first two albums are masterpiece imo and still one of their best in their discograpy. A Rush of Blood to the Head is THE moment :clap3:

11 hours ago, dreamofyou said:

jorja making it:clap3:

oh my god is cute too

10 hours ago, dangerousalex said:

abcdefu (angrier) and Megan's Piano :clap3:

10 hours ago, JGibson said:

Oh My God + abcdefu (angrier) :angelo:

9 hours ago, rvx said:

nice lists :clap3:

7 hours ago, Sunderland 4ever said:

Thanks for the Spotify links!

Oh My God :beatfreak:

4 hours ago, GreatestLoveofAll said:

OMG what taste :turkey:

1 hour ago, worldwide angel said:

donda, demi and itzy :clap3:

The acclaim for these bops :clap3:

7 hours ago, Remmy said:

DONDA didn't do much for me at all :matty: Demi's album was bloated while Coldplay's was too short, but both were lacking some standout tracks & had a few missed opportunities. - So I'm fine with these being HMs! || Oh My God isn't one of my 30 faves so I can't complain about that either (but I'm guessing it's mainly here because it's still so new?) -- Hurricane, Believe What I Say, California Sober, Carefully, The Art of Starting Over, People of the Pride getting some love :clap3:

I feel like Kanye and Demi albums are just too long and most of the times the songs has so many fillers like it's why don't you all tream it to at least 1 tracks mama? i don't have time nn

Adele was just picking the wrong singles i'm afraid. There's songs that are miles better than both EOM and OMG but i get why she chose the later as the next single though. I kinda waiting for mid-temo Adele to comeback:clap3:

6 hours ago, BlackoutZone said:

Deacon was very good, I need to revisit

ITZY fucking garbage babes :heart:

Donda is... well I can't deny it's pretty good at parts, but I feel uncomfortable listening to that album knowing its featured artists :skull:

I really wish Music of the Spheres was better, it feels unfinished idk. We have the same top 3 tho, Coloratura a massive stand out for sure

nnn It's stockholm syndrome at this point. I just want FUNTZY and not worry about haters to comeback :gaycat6:

Yeah i feel the same way too about Coldplay's new album like, you guys were working with THE Max Martin, why did you all guys do in the studio then? playing some monopoly :skull:

6 hours ago, Hug said:

Ahh Dreamcatcher! I relegated Odd Eye to HM status too ? Might regret that personally. I also think Stereotype was my favorite STAYC song I heard, but I'm still waiting for that track that really "clicks" for me and makes me want to get into them. They're not bad, though. :heart2:

It's a very hard decision for me :gaycat6: but my girls are still turning it up this year and they will always be famous

yeah i agree Stereotyple is the better song than ASAP but i feel like So Bad being their debut was such a blessing and a curse in disguise since i worry that they won't top or even on that same level again :gaycat6:

6 hours ago, Tinashegrande6 said:

Megan's whole mixtape was such a refreshing return to form for her and Megan's Piano was definitely a standout :clap3:

Not usually an Adele fan but Oh My God is a bop! Nice to see abcdefu grew on you too nnn :deadbanana2:

YES honestly so happy that she compiling all of her best freestyle in here. Megan really does love her hotties and the cigarettes :jonny5:

Those Tik Tok payola are getting it to me with this abcdefu song and i surpisingly not hating it :turkey:

2 hours ago, TalkThatRihanna said:

DWTD was cute when it came out but I rarely go back to it. I hated the BeBe album tho nn

We really do hate Bebe's album highkey :gaycat6: but Sacrifice can sit on my playlist though

Well, it's time for me to unleash the top 100 best albums/EPs and singles. I will be revealing 5 entries from album list and 5 entries from singles list for each days until the final top list

May Gay God bless me with the strenght until the end

renezhuo-aespa.gif

qvBEes7.png

9pAmSsY.png

100. El Dorado - 24kGoldn

24kgoldn-el-dorado-Cover-Art.jpg

(March 26, 2021)

After the huge success of his huge hit 'Mood', I was intrigued to listen to his actual album and honestly... it's pretty good. It's not a mindblowing pop rap album course but it's just a catchy upbeat trap album for the most part. But then my expectations were pretty low while listening to this, so it might help me a bit lmao And also DaBaby collab is one of the worst song this year.

Top 3: Love or Lust, Don't Sleep & Breath Away

99. Bambi - BAEKHYUN

Baekhyun_-_Bambi.png

(March 30, 2021)

Despite this album being boring as fuck but i can't deny that his voice really carried all of the songs and he sang the fuck out of it like his rent were due

But since some of the songs in here are pretty much sensual R&B, i don't think his voice really fit with these type songs at all imo and i'm pretty sure that the actual R&B artists would eat the fuck out of these songs though

But regadless, the male TAEYEON still did the damn thing as usual

Top 3: Amusement Park, Bambi & Cry for Love

98. Peace and Offerings - Katy B

Katy_B_-_Peace_and_Offerings.png

(November 5, 2021)

Katy B is back with her newest EP and her first new release since her 2016 album 'Honey'. Not gonna lie, after knowing that her new project is going to R&B type of sounds, i'm a bit flustered and excited to see how it's turns out

This EP has a relaxing mood with syncopated bass and smooth chords with springkel of afrobeats and drum & bass. Overall this is a decent comeback. Do i dig it? i guess. Do i want her to go fully R&B in future? not really. But Under My Skin is still a bop regardless

Top 3: Under My Skin, Daydreaming on a Tuesday & Lay Low

97. FUTURE PAST - Duran Duran

Duran_Duran_-_Future_Past.png

(October 22, 2021)

I know about this band for having string of hits in the 80s and the 90s but i never listen to their albums in full. But since this is their first album in 6 years, why not try to deep into their music with this album

For the most part, this is an enjoyable album. Coming for this record I didn't expect songs to be good, especially the singles were great. But i feel like this album substantially relies on nostalgia, since 80s new wave pop is the thing in recent years but honestly why not? that's exactly what they are capable of and they are showing it in here

Top 3: Beautiful Lies, Wing & Future Past

96. Teatro d'ira: Vol. I - Måneskin

M%C3%A5neskin_-_Teatro_d'ira_Vol._1.png

(March 19, 2021)

Well i'm sure most people know this band after they won Eurovision this year, or maybe they heard the band's cover of Beggin' on TikTok and became obsessed with it. Well, i never heard their music music before i'm sure that i really like their Eurovision song 'Zitti e buoni'

This album is fine with radio friendly rock songs back when pop rock dominated the mainstream music. And since i don't understand Italian then the lyrics is not really important to me. I'm just here for the "vibe"

Top 3: Zitti e buoni, In nome del padre & La paura del buio

Edited by Mr. Blue_Shirt

24kgolden :clap:

I hope Oh My God becomes a hit :'( 

Peace and Offerings :jonny: I'm so glad she's back, and it's so much better than Honey

• ATRL Moderator

Ah yes Teatro d'Ira - Vol. I (the 24kGoldn version) :clap3: 

Zitti e Buoni remains their best song, I think the two other pics could've been better (e.g. Coraline and For Your Love)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.