Mr. Blue_Shirt's Best of 2021 | FINISHED!

Mr. Blue_Shirt

taste :clap3:

love a good jorja smith lashing

nnnn poster girl :rip: idk its stronger than so good to me but just as…..meh 

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Blue_Shirt

• Tinashegrande6

• Legend E

• Sunderland 4ever

yessssssss jojo :flame: 

I actually think PG wasn't that bad :rip: I dislike her debut, but this one has some major bops

Solar Power and TNTTAI deserved better :'( 

Good luck booking that JS2 you speak of! :mandown:

I haven't got round to hearing Jojo's EP but glad to see you enjoyed some of the songs. Also agreed on Poster Girl. FFF is a career highlight, idc what anyone says about the drop :clap3:

Poster Girl actually grew on me, definitely more consistent than So Good.

Jorja’s EP was a disappointment for sure. 

JoJo’s project was amazing :clap3:

zara's albums are always meh but the way she had the NERVE to leave out all the time aka her best song ever is just beyond me

at least look what you've done is pop perfection

solar power is a FINE album and atrl just does way too much 

Zara leaving ATT and DWBM out of PG was one of her worst career decisions :jonny2:  enjoyed Jorja's EP quite a bit, also enjoyed SP for like a day so kudos to her :eli:

Wait omg let me catch up sorry :deadbanana2:

Peace and Offerings damn YES so happy to see it. I was also scared of her going rnb I have to admit it turned out a bit amateurish, but I stan Katy so fell in love with every track eventually. Not sure what I want her to do next but honestly we might be lucky to even get music from her again :rip:

BoA fucking excellence, she is slaying after all these years bringing top notch material, visuals and choreo. Really a legendary soloist.

Harsh take on Poster Girl, but yup I get it nn, agree about Jojo and Nao too

• ATRL Moderator

poster girl is so much fun. also enjoyed solar power for the most part. some gems on that. Nao album was also pretty cute but didn't listen much tbh

Poster Girl is cute! ESP the title track. Solar Power was god awful :rip:

13 hours ago, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

Poster Girl - Zara Larsson

I only know this album. WOW was okay. The rest was not just my thing, so I guess I'm okay with its placement. :laugh2:

agree with jorja, really excited for her next proper album cause her debut is top tier. this is a cute little EP to hold us off

Spoiler
13 hours ago, worldwide angel said:

taste :clap3:

love a good jorja smith lashing

nnnn poster girl :rip: idk its stronger than so good to me but just as…..meh 

Imagine including great songs like Love Me Land, FFF, title track etc and then at the same time insert song like "Talk About Love" like what is the correlation mama? :toofunny3:

11 hours ago, TheWayWeWere said:

I actually think PG wasn't that bad :rip: I dislike her debut, but this one has some major bops

Solar Power and TNTTAI deserved better :'( 

She definitely stepping up from her debut but the album is still lifeless to me. Like a butch of hit pop songs throwing it together as a tracklist like a playlist. The good sis better not dissapoint me on ZL3 :cries:

8 hours ago, Tinashegrande6 said:

Good luck booking that JS2 you speak of! :mandown:

I haven't got round to hearing Jojo's EP but glad to see you enjoyed some of the songs. Also agreed on Poster Girl. FFF is a career highlight, idc what anyone says about the drop :clap3:

Oop :mandown:

FFF could've been on Future Nostalgia it still would be slay. Ian Kirkpatrick is the future Max Martin i fear :clap3:

13 hours ago, Sempiternal said:

yessssssss jojo :flame: 

7 hours ago, dangerousalex said:

Poster Girl actually grew on me, definitely more consistent than So Good.

Jorja’s EP was a disappointment for sure. 

JoJo’s project was amazing :clap3:

JoJo delivering bops with limited budget too like i'm so happy for :cries: increase the budget Warner!

8 hours ago, dreamofyou said:

totally agree, poster girl was a disappointment:dies:

jorja and lorde:clap3:

5 hours ago, luckystrike said:

Zara leaving ATT and DWBM out of PG was one of her worst career decisions :jonny2:  enjoyed Jorja's EP quite a bit, also enjoyed SP for like a day so kudos to her :eli:

TASTE you guys better stream Mood Ring again :clap3: 

5 hours ago, Lazuli said:

zara's albums are always meh but the way she had the NERVE to leave out all the time aka her best song ever is just beyond me

at least look what you've done is pop perfection

solar power is a FINE album and atrl just does way too much 

1 hour ago, TalkThatRihanna said:

Poster Girl is cute! ESP the title track. Solar Power was god awful :rip:

Right?! Zara is on the thin ice for me. Work with Ian Kirkpatrick again or stole Future Nostalgia demo idk :cries:

4 hours ago, BlackoutZone said:

Wait omg let me catch up sorry :deadbanana2:

Peace and Offerings damn YES so happy to see it. I was also scared of her going rnb I have to admit it turned out a bit amateurish, but I stan Katy so fell in love with every track eventually. Not sure what I want her to do next but honestly we might be lucky to even get music from her again :rip:

BoA fucking excellence, she is slaying after all these years bringing top notch material, visuals and choreo. Really a legendary soloist.

Harsh take on Poster Girl, but yup I get it nn, agree about Jojo and Nao too

I feel like she's just testing water but sis you haven't release new album in 5 years. We don't want experimental EP for comeback :toofunny3:

Also we need to get BoA on Hollywood Walk of Fame ASAP! truly a poineer :clap3:

2 hours ago, Tsareena said:

poster girl is so much fun. also enjoyed solar power for the most part. some gems on that. Nao album was also pretty cute but didn't listen much tbh

Solar Power has been grew on me too especially as individual listens. I guess are just not ready for the conversation :clap3:

51 minutes ago, Sunderland 4ever said:

I only know this album. WOW was okay. The rest was not just my thing, so I guess I'm okay with its placement. :laugh2:

WOW is a cute bop for radio and that's about it lmao

44 minutes ago, theblackestday said:

agree with jorja, really excited for her next proper album cause her debut is top tier. this is a cute little EP to hold us off

Her next is going to be as good as Lost and Found manifesting :alexz: But i also don't want to have high expectation for her too nnn

kEio1ka.png

2KYILz1.png

95. The Feels - TWICE

twice-the-feels-Cover-Art.jpg

(October 1, 2021)

from the album Formula of Love: O+T=<3

This is a pretty girls music and people who hate this song are just hate fun music and pretty girls in general

Every single thing in this song is a hook and i can't get it out of my head  :deadbanana4: "Boy, I, boy, I, boy, I know...." Like shut the up!!

Spotify // Apple Music // Youtube

94. Kiss of Life - Kylie Minogue & Jessie Ware

kylie-and-jessie-ware-kiss-of-life-Cover-Art.jpg

(October 29, 2021)

from the album Disco: Guest List Edition

This is a milestone on LGBTQ+ history. I still can't believe Kylie & Jessie threw the first brick at Stonewall :jonny5:

But i kinda overplayed this to death and that's why this song is lower on the list even though it's shouldn't be. Sawry…

93. Kiss Me More (feat. SZA) - Doja Cat

doja-cat-kiss-me-more-Cover-Art.jpg

(April 9, 2021)

from the album Planet Her

Well another case of overplayed song. I hate this song everytime it plays because i always hear it on public, tik tok, twitter, ATRL autoplay youtube videos, my apple music library etc. But you can't deny this song as an excellent pop tune

I love Doja's vocals and the rhythm that she brings. Her & SZA really compliment each other on this track. It's a solid record

92. Back To Oz - Sufjan Stevens & Angelo De Augustine

sufjan-stevens-and-angelo-de-augustine-back-to-oz-fictional-california-Cover-Art.jpg

(August 10, 2021)

from the album A Beginner's Mind

This the type of songs that would happen only in my dreams and i'm sad when i wake up knowing this song is not actualy exist. It's such an unbelievably catchy song and i need a 10 minute version (Sufjan & Angelo's Version) (From The Vault) ASAP!

91. Don’t fight the feeling - EXO

exo-don%E2%80%99t-fight-the-feeling-Cover-Art.jpg

(June 7, 2021)

from the EP Don't Fight the Feeling

Summer is back and Kyungsoo is also back from military, i don't know a better combination :jonny5:

Even though the song on the 3rd verse abruptly changes to Sehun rap (they actually don't need to do that) and not being as good as Tempo, but the song is still bop regardless

And Kyungsoo is back!

kiss me more is FRESH and i made sure not to overplay it by not touching it for a few months. Excellent song that deserved a #1 :clap3:

I never listened to Solar Power outside the title track but it was good so im not sure why the lashing are so prevalent.

KMM does feel overplayed- You Right deserves half of its run imo. 

not you calling poster girl a disappointment :'( i actually really enjoyed it! unfortunately, i just couldn't get into the jojo album.

tea about Kiss Me More being everywhereee. i didn't get that tired of it tho, still a bop :jamming:

I remember being blown away by Love Me Land, but Poster girl as a whole really did feel a tad underwhelming, though i didn't have much expectation to begin with going into it.

I'm surprised Kylie kept this DISCO era going as long as she has, and still having cute songs too! Kiss of Life is the first Jessie Ware song I like too, so there's that. :skull:

TBH I haven't listened to the EXO song, but I feel maybe I should? ? I'd given up on them after Ko Ko Bop, but maybe they're not so bad.

16 hours ago, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

92. trying not to think about it - JoJo

jojo-trying-not-to-think-about-it-Cover-Art.jpg

(October 1, 2021)

This EP (she describe it herself) is a refrecltive of what she's been going through regarding her mental health. It's really nice alt-R&B albums with some of my favorite songs from her. It's not a highlight from her discography for sure but some of the songs (in my Top 3) deserves better

I really do think she's overdue for another mainstream poularity again

Top 3: Worst (I Assume), Feel Alright & Spiral SZN

A fave! Deserved to be higher! The raw honesty alone deserves HIGH praise!

2 hours ago, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

93. Kiss Me More (feat. SZA) - Doja Cat

doja-cat-kiss-me-more-Cover-Art.jpg

(April 9, 2021)

from the album Planet Her

Agree with the low placement tbh, cute song though :giraffe:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.