Mr. Blue_Shirt's Best of 2021 | FINISHED!

Mr. Blue_Shirt

Sticker is not avant-garde, it's just garbage noise! :fan: Favorite much better overall, nice highlights from the album

The songs picks are so great again tho a bit too low! Forgot about that Zombie song, it was a decent bop too

Everytime I Cry kinda boring imo, Ava is going nowhere

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Blue_Shirt

• Tinashegrande6

• Legend E

• Sunderland 4ever

G4U deserves top 50 sis wydddd

But John Mayer wowww i might have to give his album a try.

Sob Rock, great choice! As for the songs countdown, my favorite is Good 4 u :hippo:

Spoiler
14 hours ago, Lazuli said:

texis is everything yas such a great return to form

next level :WAP: the way we all SWITCHED on this song when it started smashing

working for the knife is such a grower but when it hits it HITS 

The way i always have existential crisis everytime i listen to it like wow, Laurel Hell is going to fuck me up :gaycat6:

On 12/21/2021 at 7:50 AM, JGibson said:

good 4 u + t r a n s p a r e n t s o u l + Bunny Is A Rider :heart2:

On 12/21/2021 at 9:46 AM, Legend E said:

this update is quite a choice :) 

good 4 u is cute i guess :) 

22 hours ago, TheWayWeWere said:

Good 4 U issa banger :jonny: 

Working for a Knife :alexz: Mitski is such a queen

Bunny :smitten: 

Transparent Soul :clap3: 

16 hours ago, Sempiternal said:

Maggie <3

Everytime I Cry & good 4 u <3

G4U acclaim! #ThankYouHayleyWilliams :clap3:

On 12/21/2021 at 9:11 AM, D/X said:

I really need to listen in full to the Sleigh Bells album, I've literally just said this in another thread. :jonny:

Good 4 U :worship: And lol i completely agree with the writeup, the lyrics are bland but inevitable to shout out them out loud.

YES better get into it the Sleigh Bells new album, it's surprisingly good, probably the best one since their debut. Maybe it's time for me to stan them again :jonny5:

On 12/21/2021 at 9:41 AM, kiiwii said:

i gave sob rock a listen, but only liked new light. which is an old track :fan:

willow's wasn't bad either. trasparent soul is still thaT song :jonny: paranoia :clap3: your top 3 tho, yasss!

everytime i cry :katie2: edamame :mandown: a catchy tik tok bop.

Maybe i'm in my hip era where i actually enjoy Tik Tok music :mandown: Truly the 'How do you do fellow kids?' moment

19 hours ago, OreGuy said:

a lot of entries I love from Montero to good 4 u :jonny5: totally deserving :clap3: 

and wheew this cover caught my attention

%EB%B9%84%EB%B9%84-bibi-%EC%9D%B8%EC%83%9D%EC%9D%80-%EB%82%98%EC%81%9Cx-life-is-a-bi-Cover-Art.jpg

looks like it's gonna be a serve :yum2:

Bibi's album is goo but you need to lower your expectation a bit. Some of my friends don't really like it that much nnn

12 hours ago, BlackoutZone said:

Sticker is not avant-garde, it's just garbage noise! :fan: Favorite much better overall, nice highlights from the album

The songs picks are so great again tho a bit too low! Forgot about that Zombie song, it was a decent bop too

Everytime I Cry kinda boring imo, Ava is going nowhere

Sticker is just.. hit different and i hate that i bopping to it. The fact that all the members absolutely hate it when the first heard i- :deadbanana4:

I'm sucker for early 2000s dance music that's why EIC hit me to my chore :gaycat6:

9 hours ago, GreatestLoveofAll said:

G4U deserves top 50 sis wydddd

But John Mayer wowww i might have to give his album a try.

G4U is a bit overplay for me a bit but the chorus still hit me :jonny5:

5 hours ago, Sunderland 4ever said:

Sob Rock, great choice! As for the songs countdown, my favorite is Good 4 u :hippo:

John Mayer doing 80's rock cosplay done right :clap3: I love to see it!

qvBEes7.png

NFVpN2r.png 

60. Evermore - Taylor Swift

taylor-swift-evermore-Cover-Art.jpg

(December 11, 2020)

I honestly forgot this album is exist until i researched albums that released in December 2020 lol

While evermore certainly isn’t folklore but the music truly speaks for itself. the writing and the production on this is still fantastic and all features are also great

Top 3: Marjorie, Champagne Problems & Coney Island

Spotify // Apple Music // Youtube

59. Dearly Beloved - Daughtry

daughtry-dearly-beloved-Cover-Art.jpg

(September 17, 2021)

Daughtry is back with their brand new album and i can confidently say that this might be their best album since their debut

While this record has its obvious flaws, I can't help but be pleasantly surprised with how much I actually enjoyed listening to this. Chris Daughtry's vocal has never sounded better and of higher range than it does now, and the rest of the band sounds very tight as well, flirting with harder rock and alternative metal sounds

Top 3: Heavy Is the Crown, The Victim & Changes Are Coming

58. times - SG Lewis

sg-lewis-times-Cover-Art.jpg

(February 19, 2021)

SG Lewis is finally released his highly anticipated debut album where he brings together sleek disco-leaning songs that I know and I love

His debut contain some of the strongest material he's ever released with great features from Robyn, Nile Rodgers etc. The beats and production feels authentic disco house and progressive house from the 80's and 90's. The only problem that i have for this is probably the total runtime of 40+ minutes because i want little a bit of more from this

Top 3: Impact, One More & Chemicals

57. BAD LOVE - KEY

key-bad-love-Cover-Art.jpg

(September 27, 2021)

When i first listened to this EP, i didn't clicked with all of the songs expect for the title track and hoping that the other tracks grow on me more. And boy my wish really do come true

I feel like on this release, KEY has established musical personality and sounds that seperate himself from his other members and also from SM artists in general. So yeah, the overall this EP is great and SM & probably KEY himself can pick a good songs (demos) to be include on this project

Top 3: Helium, Yellow Tape & Bad Love

56. Hello - JOY

joy-%EC%95%88%EB%85%95-hello-Cover-Art.jpg

(May 31, 2021)

JOY from girl group Red Velvet released a solo (cover) debut EP filled with a pleasant and lovely atmosphere

Each track brings something different and has that one element that makes them differ from the rest.Her vocals is rather adorable and while the high-pitched tone of it might not appeal to everyone, it sure pricks up my ears. Overall this EP taking you to a nostalgic place for 22+ minutes

Top 3: Je t'aime, Happy Birthday to You & Hello

KcsiJLl.png 

55. Voyage - ABBA

abba-voyage-Cover-Art.jpg

(November 5, 2021)

ABBA's comeback is probably my most anticipated event on 2021 other than me getting my first dose of vaccine. I still can't believe it's been 40 years since the last ABBA album, if that’s not the world record for the longest gap between studio album releases, then I don’t know what is

Voyage is ABBA through and through. It doesn't exactly sound like it's straight from the 80s, but it's easy to imagine it to be just so. Agnetha and Frida both sound great, and their voices have matured gracefully, bringing a nice touch of warmth to their tone. This album is a worthy addition to a great discography of a group that both my parents and i grew up listening to

Top 3: Don't Shut Me Down, Just a Notion & No Doubt About It

54. LP! - JPEGMAFIA

jpegmafia-lp-Cover-Art.jpg

(October 22, 2021)

This album is so good and has no skips (maybe a couple song when i'm not in the mood). The production and lyrics blend perfectly to create a unique atmosphere which makes one want to dance, feel fearless, and remember the love you owe to yourself.

Even though odds are it will not be everyone, I still absolutely recommend you check it out.

Top 3: Hazard Duty Pay!, Rebound! & Rebound!

53. SOUR - Olivia Rodrigo

olivia-rodrigo-sour-Cover-Art.jpg

(May 21, 2021)

I did not expect this to be as enjoyable as it was. The album has huge Taylor Swift influence, as well as a huge Pop Punk influence from bands that helps popularize the sub genres few decades ago. There's still a lot of flaws with the album, one of them being the songwriting, which is as bland as you can imagine but It still a pretty fun album in general and that's what i think of SOUR

Top 3: Jealousy, Jealousy, Brutal & Happier

52. PRELUDE - Lauren Jauregui

lauren-jauregui-prelude-Cover-Art.jpg

(November 5, 2021)

I don't have anything to say but I just really love this EP so much. And this is what I want from her when she released her debut single 'Expectation'

R&B Lauren is the best Lauren

Top 3: On Guard, Scattered & Falling

51. Peaches - KAI

%EC%B9%B4%EC%9D%B4-kai-peaches-Cover-Art.jpg

(November 30, 2021)

Gotta give this fine ass man his flowers for making something different from his peers once again. His debut was practically perfect in every way so i couldn't possibly expect him to top that, but this is still excellent and not disappointing at all

Peaches is definitely a more interesting version of 'Mmmh' and is probably gonna stand the test of time much better. Overall i just can't get enough of the whole sounds and aesthetics of this EP and i want more.

Top 3: Peaches, Vanilla & Domino

kEio1ka.png 

NFVpN2r.png

60. Pasadena - Tinashe & Buddy

tinashe-and-buddy-pasadena-Cover-Art.jpg

(June 4, 2021)

from the album 333

The song is catchy as hell, kinda reminds me of Kelis & Andre 3000 collab song 'Millionaire'

Tinashe vocals sounds great and Buddy's verse compliment the song so well

59. X - CHUNG HA

%EC%B2%AD%ED%95%98-chung-ha-x-%EA%B1%B8%EC%96%B4%EC%98%A8-%EA%B8%B8%EC%97%90-%EA%BD%83%EB%B0%AD-%EB%94%B0%EC%9C%88-%EC%97%86%EC%97%88%EC%A3%A0-Cover-Art.png

(January 19, 2021)

from the album Querencia

At first i didn't really like this because i don't want a ballad song from her but i get why she released it because it was around the time when she recovered from covid-19. So i have new perspective from listening to this song and This def feels like a song that'll make more sense in the context of the album. And also I'm so obsessed with how heavy it gets at the end

58. How Does It Feel - London Grammar

london-grammar-how-does-it-feel-Cover-Art.jpg

(March 12, 2021)

from the album Californian Soil

This is one of the few times (other than my faves) that i really don't mind the heavy drop after the chorus and honestly it makes it even more enjoyable to listen to. I love London Grammar more upbeat songs that done right

57. F.U.C.K - Victoria Monet

victoria-monet-f_u_c_k-Cover-Art.png

(February 1, 2021)

This is definitely a song that you would put it on your sex playlist (I mean the title kinda speak for itself)

This is the type of mid-tempo R&B song that i would slowly twerk to. it's sexy, it's slutty and it's seductive

56. PERFUME - Yubin

%EC%9C%A0%EB%B9%88-yubin-%ED%96%A5%EC%88%98-perfume-Cover-Art.jpg

(January 13, 2021)

this is an older and sluttier sister of Apink's %%(Eung Eung) and i'm obsessed with it

Even if her music completely flop on the charts but she's still give us some quality songs other girls shuld take notes

KcsiJLl.png 

55. Easy (with Kacey Musgraves feat. Mark Ronson) - Troye Sivan

troye-sivan-and-kacey-musgraves-easy-Cover-Art.jpg

(December 10, 2020)

The remix is 100% better than the original. The way Mark elevated the song into 80's dark-synthpop and both Troye and Kacey chemistry compliment each other so well like 2 besties who has been friends since middle school

54. Get You Down - Sam Fender

sam-fender-get-you-down-Cover-Art.jpg

(September 8, 2021)

from the album Seventeen Going Under

If you close your eyes while listening to this, you can imagine this song is perfomed by The Killers. Can't believe Brandon Flowers has doppelgänger already

53. Alcohol-Free - TWICE

twice-alcohol-free-Cover-Art.jpg

(June 9, 2021)

from the EP Taste of Love

TWICE to JYP while they about to record Alcohol-Free on recording booth: "Girl, we going to Brazil?"

This is honestly the freshiest (is that even a word?) summer k-pop song I've ever heard in years. This is basically Aserejé of this generation. And if you don't like this then you maybe an harcore alcholic

52. Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land - MARINA

marina-ancient-dreams-in-a-modern-land-Cover-Art.jpg

(May 19, 2021)

from the album Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land

Critics called it reminiscent of Britney's 'Womanizer' and i don't buy it whatsoever like, am i the only one who didn't hear it? This is more like Muse but make it gayer

But other than that, this song has one of the catchiest hooks I have ever heard and probably one of the best songs from her new album. Welcome back baby!

51. Trust - JPEGMAFIA

jpegmafia-trust-Cover-Art.jpg

(August 31, 2021)

from the album LP!

I feel hypnotized everytime i hear this and i don't know why. it's probably the instrumental because it's excellent and that synth solo is absolutely beautiful too

PRELUDE :heart:

willow and the b-sides :santa: 

easy, chung ha, kai :clap3:

and the victoria monallah stanning :jonny5: she's

such a queen like. she has it all

Agree that folklore was better than evermore, but it's still way too low :noparty:

the way i completely forgot evermore :deadbanana2: didnt even do one for mine nnnn but SOUR is too low :santa: and MARINA's is too high :fan:

Ugh I still need to listen to peggy's new album. SG Lewis :clap: I thought the run time was JUUUUUST right!

Oh wow the Pasadena-Millionaire comparison, I see it! I get when people get Womanizer teas from Ancient Dreams, but I personally get more reminiscent of that Hey Song from school sports games nnn, absolutely love Ancient Dreams tho.

3 hours ago, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

55. Voyage - ABBA

abba-voyage-Cover-Art.jpg

yaaaaaaaaaaaasssss ABBA yaaaaaassss

this is so enjoyable omg

Bunny is a rider, Montero and Good 4 U :clap3:

I've heard Scissorhands but didn't realise Maggie had released an EP, I'll check that out!

Pasadena is cute, but I haven't listened since Buddy outed himself as a transphobe :rip:

F.U.C.K. and Easy are really good :jonny5:

evermore is kinda low but at least you didn't forget ha :emofish: marjorie as your highlight is only right

SOUR :clap3: 

prelude is kinda cute too i'm waiting for more from miss lauren

oh i didn't think about how X could've related to chungha's covid phase :chick3: 

the easy remix was nice but felt quite unnecessary tbh! 

alcohol free :clap3: unpopular opinion but it's my least favourite title track from them since yes or yes :mandown: 

Evermore is a bit too low :fan: 

omg, finally some love for Pasadena, I know everyone praised Bouncin, but Pasadena is superior for me :jonny5: 

Easy Remix :heart2: 

eversnore cute, but it's just weaker folklore

times YES! :alexz: Perfect top 3 from it too :clap3:

Kai and Key both DEVOURED :WAP:

Pasadena, X and Alcohol Free both cute, but not my biggest favorites

Perfume is so... idk like I stanned Yubin by default since I love Wonder Girls, I was absolutely destroyed by the perfection that Lady was and then it all went downfall quickly. #TUSM mini was still cute, but Me Time was horrible and Perfume is so odd, the production seems okeyish but vocals are horrible. Eung Eung washed.

Easy Remix perfection

Easy and How Does It Feel. :alexz3:

the Rebecca and WJSN singles are cute :flower:

Poppy is WAY too low, she really snapped on that album :jonny5:

favorite was an okay album, I liked a few songs but it was underwhelming overall and definitely not better than TXT :fan: 

Willow, Sleigh Bells and Maggie had great releases this year :clap3: Next Level deserved to be top 10 but hopefully they have other songs on the list :-*

Sunmi, Mitski, Olivia, Chungha, Twice and Willow's songs were really good :jonny2: evermore is too low but I agree with the standouts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.