TheWayWeWere Best of 2021: PG.17: SOTY/AOTY reveal!

TheWayWeWere

gettyimages-712-3_h8_c_optimized.gif?qua

TOP 50 ALBUMS

fszjwUH.png

48    Kelly Rowland | K - EP
"Your partner should be a reflection of you, so you shouldn't blame me for the things that you don't do"
I still pray for Kelly to return to dance music, but I need to admit this EP is one of her most cohesive and strong body of work to date. Each track show black excellence, proudness, power, pride and joy of life. There's so many influences from R&B, nu soul, dance, disco, funk music. She could've add Coffee, Piano, Bad Hair songs and maybe more songs to get amazing album in the end. 
highlights: Hitman, Black Magic, Crazy, Flowers

UpGGmO4.png

47    Selena Gomez | Revelación - EP
"Tú me sanaste el corazón, le diste vida a lo que estaba muerto"
Rare was a big letdown for me, mostly for how uninspired that project was. Revelación seems at first like a project Selena was finally passionate about, but it ended up the same way. I think she's one of the fewest MPG who can actually smash in both english/spanish songs and this EP proves it, but I just can't get over how lazy again it was. For a title like that, this project gives you nothing but a tiny collection of nice spanish pop bops, with some of them not even being good. 
highlights: Vicio, De Una Vez, Buscando Amor

TOP 150 SINGLES

9uP0eRV.png

143    Joel Corry, Jax Jones, Charli XCX, Saweetie | OUT OUT

"Why am I on my own on a Saturday night?"
'Alors on danse' is such a classic (I'm still mad at that overwhelming comeback Stromae did this year). This is fun gem, I liked it at first and it was fun to dance when this song came on shuffle few times on parties here and there, but it aged kinda bad for me  :skull: Also I'm kinda shocked Låpsley has a credit on this
:skull:

bHgxbc6.png

142    London Grammar | America

"All of our time chasing a dream that meant nothing to me"
It's so haunting. Lyrics are just spectacular. I love that despite difficult topic there's always a hope in their songs. 

lL6lhEm.png

141    Jhené Aiko | Born Tired

"As time passes me by, I need more fire"
Probably one of my pure favorites from album since the first listen, such a calm and comfortable song. And the melody is f**king addictive. So glad it had some success on the radio.

FMfZE2x.png

140    Pop Smoke, Dua Lipa | Demeanor

"You can't say pop without smoke"
Rest in peace Pop Smoke, whom I never listened and unlikely that I will ever again  :skull: But this song is a major gem, I love Dua verse and the fact that the song sounds straight out of Future Nostalgia era :jonny2: If only she would've been represented in this song more :'(

RVTcZhU.png

139    Kylie Minogue | Dance Floor Darling

"So what you waiting for?"
I need to say that unlike ... like most of her fanbase, I never liked this track, I find it a bit too generic, even though the ending kinda slays. So I wasn't really happy for its single release, but at least I was hoping for Disco era resurrection (which never happen until Guest List release :skull: ). It's a bit frustrating how short this era feels until re-release.  

7xqUjOB.png

138    P!nk, Willow Sage Hart | Cover Me In Sunshine

"Tell me that the world's been spinning since the beginning"
I usually hate the usage of celebrities kids on their music  :skull: This one is not an exception - actual song is cute and adorable plus amazingly catchy, but Willow Sage wasn't needed, I always want to skip her part, sorry sis :skull:

2FWy1Em.png

137    Garbage | No Gods No Masters

"You want what's mine, I want what's yours"
Probably one of the most striking song from their new album. Even in a darkest time you should've been strong and never drop your principles. And Shirley's enegry is unmatchable!

thanks for comments sisters :kiss:

Spoiler
On 12/13/2021 at 2:01 AM, Achilles. said:

Renegade and Mitski :clap3:

I should check Kelly’s new Christmas stuff. :cupid:

On 12/13/2021 at 1:53 AM, dangerousalex said:

Regardless :WAP:

Tragic :clap3:

On 12/13/2021 at 1:50 AM, Insanity said:

lean on me i think ive heard that one

regardless is a good one too and renegade :sleigh:

3 hours ago, theblackestday said:

these graphics slay. working for the knife :jonny2:

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

???????? :duca:

3 hours ago, Sunderland 4ever said:

Working For The Knife. :clap:

Stunning graphics, allow me to say.

5 hours ago, Sbbmsve said:

Working for the knife omg.. it deserves much higher

it is :skull: but for me her rock songs are usually took longer time to get into

6 hours ago, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

The fact that Kelly's chrtistmas album is literally her "30" i scream ngl :deadbanana4: Even though i don't really like Christmas music but the album is actually decent

Ocean TO Ocean is a good album but yeah compare to her 90's sicograpy peak, It's kinda different. But she is still my mama and she can do whatever she wants at this point nn

Working for the Knife & Regardless are a massive bop wow :jonny5:

8 hours ago, Lazuli said:

NOT that gwen stefani song no maam NO

working for the knife is so low :noparty:

renegade yas :WAP: 

11 hours ago, ChapelHooker said:

working for the knife :clap3:

20 hours ago, Ewan Chaos said:

That's right you stan Kelly, glad you got a bit of new from her. I'll give it a spin at a Christmas party!

I actually kinda love Let Me Reintroduce Myself still, since December last year. Such a fun chorus! Mitski, always a great pick :clap3:

20 hours ago, Sanguine said:

Oh wow graphics and detail :eek:

Agree with what you said about Tori, far from her best but still a nice album. Maybe we’ll get another Choirgirl one day :lakitu:

Working for the Knife and Regardless are great too! WFTK has kinda become one of my favorite songs by her

20 hours ago, Sempiternal said:

Lean on me, LMRM :heart:

Ugh im loving the look :jonny4:

21 hours ago, diogozsz said:

The graphics are insanely good omg :jonny5: Renegade :heart:

21 hours ago, kiiwii said:

these graphics are so good :jonny:

DISCO is such a great album :clap3:gwen's singles this year were... a choice! but LMRM is cute for a couple of listens. regardless is v cute :jamming:

21 hours ago, JGibson said:

Renegade + Let Me Reintroduce Myself :party:

21 hours ago, luckystrike said:

love the graphics :jonny2: also might steal the recurrent albums/singles section for next year cause I had a lot of older stuff in my top playlist nnnn :-*

looove Regardless, I think it was in my 2020 list, even though it came out pretty late I spammed it enough for it to be on last year :fan:

21 hours ago, dreamofyou said:

renegade:clap3: 

22 hours ago, potent said:

LMRM is a bop

Working for the Knife is great, it got me to pay more attention to Mitski

22 hours ago, rvx said:

Taylor Swift :heart2:

23 hours ago, GreatestLoveofAll said:

Barbra!!!!

And Tori :hippo:

23 hours ago, TalkThatRihanna said:

I completely forgot about LMRIM :rip:

23 hours ago, BlackoutZone said:

Your graphics are always so good ahhhhh :jonny4:

I pretty much like or even love everything that was presented so far (apart from Let Me Reintroduce Myself nn, I feel like Gwen is still lost and doesn't really know where to go musically). Really nice to see Florrie not being completely forgotten with her little droplets

yeah, she is, I hope she finds her place again :skull: Truth was pretty cute 

23 hours ago, Grumpy Cat said:

yessssssssssss the taste!!!!!! :clap3:

On 12/13/2021 at 2:05 AM, gagacasanova said:

Renegade, a bop :katie2:

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheWayWeWere

• Achilles.

• TalkThatRihanna

• dreamofyou

Cover Me In Sunshine is… cute. Probably the best song this year to feature the artist’s child!

On 12/12/2021 at 8:44 PM, TheWayWeWere said:

so Imma flop bitch, so I'm not gonna wait until next page and just start here

7IrRCx3.gif

TOP 50 ALBUMS

7Le516n.png

50    Kelly Clarkson | When Christmas Comes Around…
"To be grateful for the life I've been living I'm learning to have faith in forgiving"
It feels like such a long time without Kelly's original music :'( I Dare You doesn't exist for me :fan: Wrapped In Red is classic already, so I was pretty interested in its follow-up. Break-up christmas album sounds lie a great idea on the paper, and the result is..okay, not something spectular, more mature and serious with good nostalgic/festive vibe, and new songs are all great, but I think I expected more punches on this record tbh :gaycat5: This album never reaches highs of Underneath the Tree or Just for Now, but it finds a place in her discography nicely. 
highlights: Blessed, Christmas Come Early, Glow, Christmas Isn't Canceled (Just You)

FIRST of all, these visuals are TERRIFIC!

And I disagree because this album wasn't supposed to take such highs, it ranked higher for me because she took a left field approach of tackling this on a xmas album thats supposed to be jolly and made it relatable to to others going through heartbreak during this time to reach a wider audience, instead of bathing if high vocal pop breakup songs that most would retire too..

2 minutes ago, TheWayWeWere said:

gettyimages-712-3_h8_c_optimized.gif?qua

TOP 50 ALBUMS

fszjwUH.png

48    Kelly Rowland | K - EP
"Your partner should be a reflection of you, so you shouldn't blame me for the things that you don't do"
I still pray for Kelly to return to dance music, but I need to admit this EP is one of her most cohesive and strong body of work to date. Each track show black excellence, proudness, power, pride and joy of life. There's so many influences from R&B, nu soul, dance, disco, funk music. She could've add Coffee, Piano, Bad Hair songs and maybe more songs to get amazing album in the end. 
highlights: Hitman, Black Magic, Crazy, Flowers

Wish she added coffee too! It's a cute EP but didn't hit me tbh, not suprised by this rank.

Not Demeanor making your list too :dies: Maybe she snapped!

Dancefloor Darling absolutely classic :alexz:

No gods no masters :heart:

I didn't know kelly released anything  :eek: and Selena :katie2:

Cover Me In Sunshine :angelo:

OUT OUT is a great choice! Cover Me In Sunshine was cute for a momenT.

De Una Vez & Buscando Amor are the only songs I liked on that Selena project

Cover me in sunshine is such a cute song:hippo: ngl i didnt find demeanor to be that good of a collab... like on paper and in the studio they dont fit. 

Kelly tho :clap3:

Working for the Knife is a bit low :jonny:excited for the album altho I didn't love the other 2 singles

Revelacion was okay for me, I think I mostly liked the lead and the PANNED song tho hdjgfhsd

OUT OUT, Dance Floor Darling & Born Tired are massive banger i fear :jonny5:

I tried to listen to Kelly Rowland's new EP couple months ago and it didn't click to me. Maybe i should go give it another listen

Renegade :michael: "PS: Tinashe has perfect voice for dance music I must say." Don't just say it, shout it out from the rooftops! Wow I really forgot LMIM was released last December, it gives me mid-2020 vibes. Sadly I never loved it. Regardless mmm :sats: I liked When Christmas Comes Around, even a little more than Wrapped In Red, but both have some weak links. || Cover Me In Sunshine is lowkey a no from me :keir: Willow's "A Million Dreams (Reprise)" >>>

Cover me in sunshine is so cute :celestial4: This one and AIKSF are great singles! I wish she had released a full album instead of that live recording.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.