Tsareena's Best of 21 | Albums Ruhvealed

Tsareena

• ATRL Moderator
3 minutes ago, Tsareena said:

f5yHqg4.png

Honorary Mentions

MuWPHuS.jpg

61. Charlotte Day Wilson - Alpha (Neo-Soul, Alternative R&B)

Her gorgeous voice is at the center of her debut album. Love the variety of influences on this

Slays: Keep It Moving, Wish It Was Easy, Changes

62. Joy Crookes - Skin (Neo-Soul)

Another debut with a gorgeous voice at the middle of it!

Slays: I Don't Mind, Trouble, When You Were Mine

63. Adele - 30 (Pop-Soul)

Haven't had much time with 30 but I really connected with the concept of experiencing a Saturn return which I think I'm in the middle of myself

Slays: Strangers By Nature, My Little Love, To Be Loved

64. Natalie Bergman - Mercy (Singer/ Songwriter, Pop-Soul)

It's a really interesting christian album based on personal tragedy. I found it really interesting tbh

Slays: Shine Your Light On Me, Home At Last, Talk To The Lord

65. Wednesday - Twin Plagues (Shoe Gaze, Indie Rock)

Some really catchy moments on this slay shoe gaze album

Slays: The Burned Down Dairy Queen, Ghost of a Dog

66. Mariah The Scientist - Ry Ry World (Contemporary R&B, Alternative R&B)

Really enjoy her use of samples. Some really brilliant moments on this

Slays: RIP, Brain, Always And Forever

67. Courtney Barnett - Things Take Time, Take Time (Singer/ Songwriter, Indie Rock)

Really enjoyed this cute lil album from Courtney Barnett. Some great melodies

Slays: If I Don't Hear From You Tonight, Rae Street

68. Summer Walker - Still Over It (Contemporary R&B)

If not for the length, I'll have this emotional and real rnb album a lot higher.

Slays: Switch a N*gga Out, Toxic , Screwin

69. Julia Stone - Sixty Summers (Art Pop, Indie Pop)

The hooks on this album are soo catchy. A really unexpected slay for me

Slays: Easy, We All Have, Sixty Summers

new page 

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tsareena

• Sunderland 4ever

• TheWayWeWere

• Pink Matter

EPs: LYWW Vol 3 + Scout side-by-side :smitten: Ahhh I love Samia so much, glad to see her on more lists this year. || Top 30 Songs: Cheers is cute, a nice change of pace from her usual sound. Have Mercy is a nice start to Chloe's solo career :clap3: Wild Side could've been better. Thot Shit is such a bop, the first song of hers I've connected to so far. :jamming: Good Ones, You Lose! and Bouncin yesss :sats: || Album HMs: 30 :clap: It has a nice amount of highlights, just doesn't hit as hard as 25 & especially 21 to me.

I'm such a flop I only know Adele ::clownny: ahh makes sense bc most are alt/rock nnn 

but the description for Sixty Summers is interesting. 

I wanted to like Julia Stone's album more since St. Vincent seemed to produce most of it but I found it kinda meh :/

Really need to check out Mariah's album, wasn't HUGE into her last one, but seeing a lot of stanning for this new one (one of my besties too, no clue how she even found out about her).

30 :clap3: 

summer's album was really too long :dies:

i didn't bother listen to courtney's album this time round idk why :skull: then again i wasn't the hugest fan of her previous 2 albums/her music in general

30..is a grower for me, I guess, far from her best, but highlights are too good :jonny:

19 hours ago, Tsareena said:

65. Wednesday - Twin Plagues (Shoe Gaze, Indie Rock)

Looks like something I might like. Allow me to check it right now. :eli:

My highlights are 30 and Things Take Time, Take Time.

20 hours ago, Tsareena said:

f5yHqg4.png

Honorary Mentions

MuWPHuS.jpg

61. Charlotte Day Wilson - Alpha (Neo-Soul, Alternative R&B)

Her gorgeous voice is at the center of her debut album. Love the variety of influences on this

Slays: Keep It Moving, Wish It Was Easy, Changes

63. Adele - 30 (Pop-Soul)

Haven't had much time with 30 but I really connected with the concept of experiencing a Saturn return which I think I'm in the middle of myself

Slays: Strangers By Nature, My Little Love, To Be Loved

Enjoyed these very much!

Still haven't listened to Still over it because her last project didn't connect, but I wanna give the debt another shot and then try the new one.

Twerkulator is really fun fffff

You Lose!, Good Days and Need To Know were excellent choices :clap3: liked deja vu, Thot Shit, Wild Side and Bouncin as well tho

the To Be Loved shoutout :lakitu:

great picks for the top 10 overall! 

Good Days, Wild Side, deja vu, White Dress and NTK are my faves :katie2:

30 is one of my fave albums from this year! 

need to check some of these albums out!

On 12/22/2021 at 8:41 AM, Tsareena said:

67. Courtney Barnett - Things Take Time, Take Time (Singer/ Songwriter, Indie Rock)

Really enjoyed this cute lil album from Courtney Barnett. Some great melodies

Slays: If I Don't Hear From You Tonight, Rae Street

ugh she's got snubbed by so many tasteless critics :clownny:

Some good picks as HMs. Mariah the Scientists album was cute but I was expecting better :duck: 

• ATRL Moderator

f5yHqg4.png

HMs 2

KWGqY2c.jpg

51. Wet - Letter Blue (Alternative R&B, Alt Pop)

No where close to their best but I really enjoyed this delicate album from one of my fave bands.

Slays: On Your Side, Bound, Clementine

52. Brandi Carlile - In These Silent Days (Singer/ Songwriter, Americana)

I was struck by how gorgeous the opener was. an unexpected serve

Slays: Right On Time, Letter To The Past, You and Me On The Rock

53. Doja Cat - Planet Her (Pop Rap, Contemporary R&B)

Is this here just for need to know? yes and what about it?

Slays: Need To Know, Get Into It (Yuh), Been Like This

54. Justine Skye - Space and Time (Contemporary R&B)

really enjoyed this Justine + Timbaland moment. really fun album

Slays: Twisted Fantasy, Intruded, mmm mmm

55. Celeste - Not Your Muse (Neo-Soul)

Celeste has the most gorgeous voice and her debut was all about showing that

Slays: Ideal Woman, Strange, Beloved

56. Jessie Ware - What's Your Pleasure? Platinum Pleasure Edition (Dance-Pop, Disco)

This is still my favorite album this decade and honestly the extra songs are top 3 of the year but let's allow other girls to shine miss Jessie

Faves: 0208, Hot N Heavy, Overtime

57. Jane Weaver - Flock (Psychedelic Pop, Art Pop)

A really unexpected serve of an album. Love the mix of influences especially the boppy elements

Faves: Solarised, Sunset Dreams, Heartlow

58. Men I Trust - Untourable Album (Sophisti-Pop, Bedroom Pop)

they can't make a bad song or album. this is so soft and catchy. love it

Faves: Organon, Shoulders, Serenade of Water

59. Greentea Peng - Man Made (Neo-Soul, Psychedelic Soul)

Such a confident debut and a really interesting album to smoke to.

Faves: Meditation, Man Made, This Sound

60. Lorde - Solar Power (Folk Pop, Singer/ Songwriter)

Definitely a disappointment but I found myself enjoying quite a few moments on this

Faves: Big Star, Oceanic Feeling, The Path

• ATRL Moderator

41 - 50

UPWMw7x.jpg

Really dreamy folk album. Really enjoyed everything about this especially the standouts

Slays: It Wasn't Me, I Don't Need the Light, The Wave

UVXkAgW.jpg

Pretty long album but she is so talented and her lyricism is so good. She needs to be everywhere

Slays: Woman, Rolling Stone, Miss Understood

FT4YyoM.jpg

love the pop moments on this with the added electronic vocals. great ear for melodies and hooks.

Slays: Juniper, Peppermint, Cool Dry Place

AavvtMj.jpg

Lovely production, lyrics and vocals on this debut album. Reminds me of Ionnalee at times.

Slays: Potential Control Freak, Permissions, Oleander

XiIeDmp.jpg

Really warm and uplifting album on Cleo Sol's new motherhood. a theme I always enjoy in music

Slays: 23, Music, One Day

uw0SrIG.jpg

An unexpected serve from Lana. I really enjoyed the rawness of this record

Slays: Text Book, Blue Banisters, Dealer

fMsMEs8.jpg

Such a fun debut album from Slayyyter. The bangers on this whew

Slays: Venom, Cowboys, Over This!

EAhJyNV.jpg

Really love this intimate record from Clairo that does everything Solar Power wanted to

Slays: Zinnias, Little Changes, Blouse

rIRdgzW.jpg

I've been pretty hyped for this since I thought Weyes Blood was the voice on Empty Beach. Great album still

Slays: Empty Beach, Anybody's Guess, Knots

Tsd9xUH.jpg

Inspired by watching true crime shows during the pandemic, this is such an interesting and enjoyable listen.

Slays: Bessie, Did You Make It?, Storm, And I Dream of Running

TK0PGDV.jpg

Love the introspective writing, production and vocals on this. Really drawn out and effective at creating a meditative mood. 
Slays: Hasta la Vista, Trouble in Paradise, Under the Sun

iimTC3p.jpg

love love the singles on this. the album tracks do feel disappointing in comparison but still a great break up album.

Slays: Swimmer, Take Away The Ache, Party's Over

aCcRIu8.jpg

Really fun and unexpected serve of an album. her energy is so infectious

Slays: Quiet on Set, Street You Live On, Liquor Store

97leGGO.jpg

Really gorgeous soft rock moments on this. lovely easy listen

Slays: Mothers Eyes, Heavy// Light as Air, Lovesick

yDguSjF.jpg

A very experimental but very warm album on new motherhood

Slays:  Tectonic, Send Me, Sink In

DBP6xM2.jpg

Love the arena rock sound she uses for this while keeping the general themes of love and desire

Slays: Are You Sleepwalking?, Thirstier, Don't Go Puttin Wishes in My Head

WmzyrMp.jpg

love the production and how muted it is as a breakup album while still being very emotional.

Slays: Before I Go, To Feel It, No Escape

nOQ4yFN.jpg

Really unexpected sound for Kacey. Such an effortless album with a heavy theme

Slays: Star-Crossed, There Is a Light, If This Was a Movie

qcvnvkk.jpg

I am a hottie and this was for me. Her confidence is so arresting. Love everything about this

Slays: Thot Shit, Megan's Piano, Outta Town Freestyle

aRr4weQ.jpg

they kinda snapped. really fun evolution of their sound. ass shaking for most of the 11 tracks

Slays: Locust Laced, Justine Go Genesis, Hummingbird Bomb

2F9XpHK.jpg

Love the production and the writing. Her music sounds so effortless and really moves me emotionally.
Slays: Bluish, Black Dog, Hurt

4VVZGRc.jpg

really heavy emotionally but still such an enjoyable listen. There's a way she sings like she's wine drunk in the middle of the day which is fitting for the mood.
Slays: partner, my love 4 u is real, hurt

8jfr1Q6.jpg

Kind of obsessed with the lo-fi elements of this and the organ on a lot of the tracks. Very introspective, great production and writing.

Slays: Every Star Shivers in the Dark, For No One for Now, Third Floor Window

3CGm6bu.jpg

love the production and melodies on quite a few tracks on this. Really talented vocalist as well

Slays: No Hard Feelings, The Last Man On Earth, The Beach II

XYSYv8v.jpg

Really great writing in general. You feel invested in the little details she sprinkles in and she's very emotive of course.

Slays: Driver's License, Brutal, Deja Vu

FfbWHsr.jpg

Spellling had a clear vision for this album and she pretty much nailed it in the first 3 tracks alone. Love the theatrical energy around it

Slays: Always, Turning Wheel, Sweet Talk

BLEjxfW.jpg

Really gorgeous voice and production on this. Such an easy listen and a grower of an album in general

Slays: Try Harder, I Love Dick, Angry Man

DfuAF4Z.jpg

There's a nod to older R&B production without any reductiveness or use of obvious samples. The variety on this is also really fun 

Slays: Indecisive, In Your Eyes, Lost You

6XuuHLF.jpg

Thematically there's a lot of great topics explored all from the growing pop star that we've probably heard before so the added personal touches really help. Great lyrics and vocals as well.

Slays: Oxytocin, Overheated, Happier Than Ever

OMgwExp.jpg

Really interesting concept album from St. Vincent. While I don't care about the topic at hand, I really enjoyed the psychedelic moments on this. Something really fresh about this sound from her.
Slays: Daddy's Home, Live in The Dream, Somebody Like Me

• ATRL Moderator

20 - 11

b4DFFrZ.jpg

Great album from IH. Really enjoy the mix of tongue in cheek lyricism/ fun tracks and the more vulnerable ones.

Slays: Growth, Pool Hopping, Threatening Each Other re: Capitalism

oQa1H8T.jpg

Such a fun album from CHAI. Love the energy of this so much. Varied production, really cute writing and melodies.

Slays: Nobody Knows We Are Fun, Donuts Mind If I Do, KARAAGE

qg9UBP7.jpg

Great album from Aly & Aj. Love the vocals, production and melodies on this especially the dream pop influences. Has a sunset vibe to it that works so well for me.

Slays: Slow Dancing, Lucky to Get Him, Hold Out

Fho1iHV.jpg

Such an impressive follow up from Squirrel Flower. Great production and writing on this. Such a talented new artist that I hope to see get some success in the future

Slays: Iowa 146, I'll Go Running, To Be Forgotten

satsW8C.jpg

really interesting album. love the production, the quiet vocals and some of the unexpected moments on this. 

Slays: Crosshairs, New Bikini, Hard Drive

KNudqSb.jpg

there's so much good stuff going on especially on the singles. Lovely production and vocals. Love the collage of sounds she explores in under 30 minutes

Slays: Blame Me, Suck Teeth, Two Face

bXw17c4.jpg

I'm biased towards 80's indie pop. Knowing Tennis produced most of this also added to my bias. I love the writing on this. Very tongue in cheek, fun but still heartfelt.

Slays:  Emotion, Heart of Gold, Easy

T3tP8pM.jpg

Really gorgeous writing and melodies on this emotional album. Really obsessed with the vocals

Slays: Good Woman, Careful, Kid, Devotion

fCq0UxG.jpg

Really enjoy this louder and more enthusiastic sound to Billie Marten. Amazing production in general with some unexpected choices in the first half. I especially enjoy the spring and expected earthy vibes to this.

Slays: Creature of Mine, Human Replacement, Garden of Eden

NwJeM32.jpg

Love the production especially. Really vibrant and interesting. Rochelle adds so much to it with her simple but effective writing and gorgeous vocals. There's a bit of Janet and Aaliyah mixed with some great electronic references. 

Slays:  Situation, Nothing Left, Count It

• ATRL Moderator

:wave2:10 - 1 :wave2:

5Tmc2SY.jpg

wow what a debut. great production and such dreamy vocals. Love how cohesive everything is but there's so much variety in their inspirations for this. Really impressive.
Slays: Little By Little, Un millón, Talk to Her

L56Qv72.jpg

Lovely production, vocals and writing on a more inwards looking album from Lana. The themes of the album are not as big or dramatic and that really helps the music to stand out.

Slays: White Dress, Dark But Just a Game, Dance Till We Die

lgaNhMd.jpg

Great production, vocals and writing in general on this. I love the jazz elements in the earlier tracks and the lyrics are great and well thought out.
Slays: Robber, Heart, Tried to Tell You

r9Lg5tc.jpg

something so effortless about this album I love. Heartbreaking honest lyrics with gorgeous melodies and production. It's heavy and light at the same time which feels impossible to achieve for such sad lyrics.

Slays: Sometimes, Cheers, Both All The Time

YleL3hl.jpg

While I enjoy this variety, i appreciate the album narrative most which goes over the stages of a failed relationship from when it's good to the breakup and post-breakup. she uses more than just the lyrics to show the turbulence of emotions. Really amazing stuff.

Slays: Bouncin, 333, The Chase

pGfH7IG.jpg

A really groovy rnb album in general. Really enjoy the variety of the production and influences from nu-disco to Prince. There's also psychedelic elements to quite a few songs on this that just makes it such an interesting listen. Thematically the album is centered around "HERO" which is such an inspiring song on being your own hero in moments of self-doubt.

Slays: Illusions, Hero, Elevator

F5H9BT6.jpg

Amazing follow up from Erika de Stallion. Did not know she was also a rapstress. Erika still draws a lot from older rnb classic and this album feels very early 2000s but there's a lot of exciting variety here. Her writing is also amazing on this. Love the simple, conversational style she uses on a lot of the tracks.

Slays: Secretly, Someone to Chill With, Busy

RjuyJ2u.jpg

Such a warm and lovely album from jbrekkie <3 Love the production, the melodies and the writing on most tracks. Really varied influences on a journey to happiness for her from 2 previous albums that were sad af. There are still quite a few emotional moments for me in the 2nd half though.

Slays: Paprika, Be Sweet, Posing in Bondage

DQcdLqK.jpg

Amazing follow up to "I Love My Mom". Emotional and vulnerable lyrics plus great variety and fun. Really in love with Indigo's sound on this. Her debut is pretty amazing too so listen as well <3

Slays: Kill Me, Real Pain, Way Out

DCiQkCh.jpg

amazing debut album. the run of singles was out of this world and I'm glad the album measures up to the expectations set. Magdalena Bay pull from a large variety of influences to make something that's truly theirs. The production is insane and the vocals are so chill, no clue how they make it all work together. An obvious pick for my AOTY 
Slays: Dreamcatching, Chaeri, You Lose!

• ATRL Moderator
Spoiler
On 12/21/2021 at 7:37 PM, Remmy said:

EPs: LYWW Vol 3 + Scout side-by-side :smitten: Ahhh I love Samia so much, glad to see her on more lists this year. || Top 30 Songs: Cheers is cute, a nice change of pace from her usual sound. Have Mercy is a nice start to Chloe's solo career :clap3: Wild Side could've been better. Thot Shit is such a bop, the first song of hers I've connected to so far. :jamming: Good Ones, You Lose! and Bouncin yesss :sats: || Album HMs: 30 :clap: It has a nice amount of highlights, just doesn't hit as hard as 25 & especially 21 to me.

:jonnycat: so much taste yas

On 12/22/2021 at 12:07 AM, OreGuy said:

I'm such a flop I only know Adele ::clownny: ahh makes sense bc most are alt/rock nnn 

but the description for Sixty Summers is interesting. 

asdasln yeah sixty summers is pretty good 

On 12/22/2021 at 12:22 AM, Ewan Chaos said:

I wanted to like Julia Stone's album more since St. Vincent seemed to produce most of it but I found it kinda meh :/

Really need to check out Mariah's album, wasn't HUGE into her last one, but seeing a lot of stanning for this new one (one of my besties too, no clue how she even found out about her).

oh wow didn't know st. vincent produced. can't hear it nn

On 12/22/2021 at 1:17 AM, Yvess said:

QUEEN ADELE :heart2:

she served

On 12/22/2021 at 2:25 AM, D/X said:

Adele :party:

Couldn't get into Courtney Barnett's latest release though . :( 

oop it got dragged but I enjoyed

On 12/22/2021 at 4:17 AM, Tinashegrande6 said:

Joy and Summer :clap3:

slay

On 12/22/2021 at 4:39 AM, dreamofyou said:

stranger by nature being a slay so true

you know it

On 12/22/2021 at 9:55 AM, Lazuli said:

30 :clap3: 

summer's album was really too long :dies:

i didn't bother listen to courtney's album this time round idk why :skull: then again i wasn't the hugest fan of her previous 2 albums/her music in general

oop I see that for courtney

On 12/22/2021 at 12:20 PM, TheWayWeWere said:

30..is a grower for me, I guess, far from her best, but highlights are too good :jonny:

tea

On 12/22/2021 at 2:31 PM, Sunderland 4ever said:

Looks like something I might like. Allow me to check it right now. :eli:

My highlights are 30 and Things Take Time, Take Time.

yaas

On 12/22/2021 at 3:18 PM, KasioKas said:

Enjoyed these very much!

Still haven't listened to Still over it because her last project didn't connect, but I wanna give the debt another shot and then try the new one.

do it's pretty good

On 12/22/2021 at 3:56 PM, K$Ellie said:

Twerkulator is really fun fffff

You Lose!, Good Days and Need To Know were excellent choices :clap3: liked deja vu, Thot Shit, Wild Side and Bouncin as well tho

the To Be Loved shoutout :lakitu:

purr

On 12/22/2021 at 4:41 PM, Moonlightbae said:

great picks for the top 10 overall! 

Good Days, Wild Side, deja vu, White Dress and NTK are my faves :katie2:

30 is one of my fave albums from this year! 

yaaas

On 12/22/2021 at 11:25 PM, Sempiternal said:

need to check some of these albums out!

they're good!

On 12/23/2021 at 2:40 AM, PrinceMichaelFan said:

Not 30 is #60 :santa:

:mandown:

On 12/23/2021 at 2:45 AM, Born to Run said:

ugh she's got snubbed by so many tasteless critics :clownny:

yeah idk why

On 12/23/2021 at 8:51 AM, Pink Matter said:

Some good picks as HMs. Mariah the Scientists album was cute but I was expecting better :duck: 

she can definitely do better

dumped my album list :giraffe:

HMs~ WYP?(PP) was a nice add on to the original album, 0208 brought it down for me though :fan: Solar Power was way overhated!

Not this heavy 50 album drop :deadbanana2: Blue Banisters, Daddy's Home, Chemtrails, I Know I'm Funny haha were fine. Happier Than Ever left me a bit underwhelmed. CINEMA + star-crossed :eddie: Juno, 333 :smitten: My AOTY, a touch of the beat :alexz: :alexz: :alexz: Mercurial World being your #1 yesss amazing choice! They snapped yup yup yup :sats: || Shoutouts to Street You Live On, Liquor Store, star-crossed, there is a light, Oxytocin, Happier Than Ever, Slow Dancing, Un Millon, Bouncin, Dreamcatching, Chaeri & You Lose! :date:

nnnn not Planet Her shade :fan: it's good actually, Hot Pink though >>
What's Your Pleasure slaying again :jonny: 

Solar Power slander :'(

Blue Banisters :clap3: i love its rawness too :jonny: Chemtrails won for me in the end though :eli: 

star-crossed :clap3: 

A Touch of the Beat praise :jonny5: YAS

nawt you dropping entire list tho :skull: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.