KasioKas' BEST of 2021 Finale | #1 Song & Album Revealed!

KasioKas

Answering your question from earlier - I found the Sabrina track confusing, cause it felt like she is talking off beat for most, it's like she tried to have her Bad Liar moment, but it didn't work at all. I prefer Skin!

From this batch my faves are The Chase by Tinashe and My Little Love by Adele, masterpiece!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KasioKas

• TheWayWeWere

• Remmy

• Lazuli

165. Zara Larsson - Wow (Version w/Sabrina is superior!)

164. Demi Lovato - The Kind Of Lover I Am

162. Demi Lovato - The Way You Don't Look At Me

154. Miley Cyrus - Prisoner (feat. Dua Lipa)

:heart:

19 hours ago, KasioKas said:

147. Adele - My Little Love

Such a touching track. My favorite track of 30.

Spoiler
On 12/16/2021 at 12:07 AM, dreamofyou said:

shapeshifter:clap3: alessia's best song i fear

soooo good right? Great lyrics and she just sells it!

On 12/16/2021 at 1:12 AM, Remmy said:

WOW was a grower for me :jamming: Wait don't tell me the 2 best songs on ZAYN's trash album are gonna be the 2 lowest ones........ The Kind of Lover I Am, not so good! The Way You Don't Look at Me, very very good!!! The Chase :clap: You Will Be Found, Fancy, F.U.C.K., Shapeshifter are decent. My Little Love :cries: The emotion packed in that second half... I know Prisoner was a late 2020 single but it's way too low :-*

Yh little love is super emotional, I just don't listen to that part now, I tune it out it's too much to listen on repeat

On 12/16/2021 at 2:12 AM, kiiwii said:

yasss, the IKAG-sampled track :clap3: i haven't heard the WOW version with Sabrina, but i like the orginal. lemme listen tho!

and ofc the chase is great :jonny: 

Let me know if you like the sabrina version!

On 12/16/2021 at 8:04 AM, TheWayWeWere said:

TKOLIA :clap3: one of the best bops from album :clap3: 

Prisoner :jonny5: 

Shapeshifter is probably one of the best Alessia song ever :clap3: 

My Little Love :jonny2:

Idk her discog but shapeshifter is fantastic

On 12/16/2021 at 3:56 PM, BlackoutZone said:

Answering your question from earlier - I found the Sabrina track confusing, cause it felt like she is talking off beat for most, it's like she tried to have her Bad Liar moment, but it didn't work at all. I prefer Skin!

From this batch my faves are The Chase by Tinashe and My Little Love by Adele, masterpiece!

Gotcha, idk Skin is fine but she's better than that vocally speaking. I hope for much better music in the new year

On 12/16/2021 at 5:39 PM, Sempiternal said:

165. Zara Larsson - Wow (Version w/Sabrina is superior!)

164. Demi Lovato - The Kind Of Lover I Am

162. Demi Lovato - The Way You Don't Look At Me

154. Miley Cyrus - Prisoner (feat. Dua Lipa)

New update! :celestial4:

On 12/16/2021 at 5:53 PM, Sunderland 4ever said:

Such a touching track. My favorite track of 30.

Really emotional, difficult to listen too too often!

18 hours ago, Lazuli said:

wow is cute but nothing more

my little love and prisoner :clap3: 

Yh the solo isn't great.. New update! :celestial4:

fPK6D5h.gif

28. Silver Linings - Emily Vaughn

500x500bb.webp

This is really just a cool collection of bops, you'll like some and discard others, but Emily sells them well enough that I enjoyed more than I disliked. It's worth checking out if your playlist is running a little boring and you need a pick-me-up, but it's nothing ground breaking in the world of pop if i'm being honest.

Recommend: Boomerang  //  Daddy

27. Music - Songs From and Inspired By the Motion Picture - Sia

220px-Music,_Songs_from_and_Inspired_by_the_Motion_Picture_by_Sia.jpeg

I vaguely remember controversy re: this film but I haven't dug into what went wrong or seen he film so I won't comment on that. The music however, is lyrically sometimes pg-13, sometimes not but with Sia's distinctive voice and style it kind of works - she makes the most basic pop songs more interesting, with help from some fun production choices sprinkled here and there to keep songs fun/upbeat. She still sticks to leaving her voice cracks in the final song which makes for a more authentic listen on the emption-needy ballad belts, and she's best with her long-time collaborator Labrinth who makes an appearance.

Recommend: Hey Boy (feat. Burna Boy)  //  Floating Through Space

26. FEMULINE - Todrick Hall

Femuline_-_Todrick_Hall.jpg

If you're looking for mindless pop tracks, give this one a listen. Todrick isn't liked very much here so i'll keep it brief, I was attracted to the big name collaborators like Chaka Khan & Brandy but unfortunately they aren't put to their full potential and instead hop onto pop-y tracks filled with queer buzz words like "yass hunty" etc that mostly american gays love to spew out. I was hoping for him to give a more serious take (which he did on his other ep dropped this year that's ranked higher) a la his previous work with Brandy. Because he dropped another EP that's much better, i'll give this a pass as a run-of-the-mill pop release for club night performances etc etc. The 2 recommended below I did sort of enjoy though, particularly 'Show Off' that has cute lyrics and at least pushed Nicole to hit impressive notes at the climax.

Recommend: Click Clack (W/Brandy)  //  SHOW OFF (W/Nicole Scherzinger)

25. ALPHA - Charlotte Day Wilson

Alpha_(Charlotte_Day_Wilson_album).jpg

While this is really well written and the first few songs make you believe you're in for a great ride, it starts to run on the boring side the more you let the album run. My issue is if you're going to ask a listener to sit for 30+ mins to listen to your work and pay attention, maybe do something production or vocally that keeps them engaged, because sometimes the 'vibe' isn't enough, especially for a new listener like me who hasn't heard of the artist before and is going in blind. Individually, the latter songs hold their own well, but not enough for me to revisit the album from start to finish. She definitely sells on her emotion and lyrics though, and seems to rely on a more minimalist, subtle, chill vibe. Don't mind that, just need to be in the right type of mood.

Recommend: If I Could  //  Danny’s Interlude (W/Daniel Caesar)

24. Nobody Is Listening - ZAYN

Nobody_Is_Listening_(album).jpg

This is fine. That's it. Men in music rarely go balls to wall and give fun vocal moments or try to surprise. They just sing songs with little emotion behind it, give the minimum, maybe throw in a run and call it a day. It's disappointing because I kept hearing about what a vocalist he is when in 1D which I didn't listen too, but he rarely showcases any standout solo moments since then.. There are some good songs here, the lyrics are honest and he sings like he means them, but I can't help but feel like they could have been given to any other male in the industry and executed just as well. Where's the artistry? Where's the uniqueness?

Recommend: Better  //  Unfuckwitable

23. A Woman - Qveen Herby

Qveen_Herby_-_A_Woman.jpg

Very fun, and fortunately for me not strictly rap but a lot of singing which is what I really follow Qveen for! She still has that bada** sass and uses it to sell a lot of these songs, they're bops that I enjoyed quite a bit this year. I really hope she keeps this pace because the cool production, attitude and great looking mvs is just the lane that hopefully gives her a stronger following.

Recommend: Faster  //  A Woman

22. Small Town Boy (Deluxe) - Duncan Laurence

500x500bb.webp

There's alooooot of good here, great voice - nice head voice, emotion, great lyrics! It runs on the repetitive side ever so slightly on a handful of times, but other than that I found myself revisiting this album a couple times from start to finish. In truth it really gets good from track 5 onwards, then it's smooth sailing. Discovered the artist this year and definitely following for more, he's one of the few boys in music I find the least bit interesting.. finally..

Recommend: Stars  //  Arcade (W/ FLETCHER)  //  Someone Else

21. The Beautiful Liar - X Ambassadors

fbb9ad7d7f36570eed220684d9a9b03c.1000x1000x1.jpg

Don't know if i've every listened to a X Ambassadors song before (?) so I was very surprised to find myself REALLY liking a couple of these songs and keeping them on heavy rotation. This one has a theme, split into chapters with a haunting, halloween-y vibe and a narrator that progresses the story. I don't care about any of that.. but every song in chapter 1 is magnificent and I fellin love with instantly. Chapter 2 onwards unfortunately lost me.. bar one or two tracks, which is why this long album isn't higher on my list. I'll definitely keep looking into them though, i'm sold.

Recommend: Adrenaline  //  Bullshit

20. Poster Girl - Zara Larsson

500x500bb.webp

So the reason this is so low, is that I don't really get the obsession with Zara, amazing voice aside she's released nothing of note that made me want to follow her closely. That is, until I heard songs like the two recommended tracks below that's just explosive ear candy, super good pop music. So I listened to the rest of the album super excited! and.. sorry to say most of these are just the most generically written songs i've heard in a while, especially of a girl with her time in the industry and presumably a budget behind her. You can tell when an artist just doesn't have an ear for choosing a good tracklist of songs and to me it's this; there are some good melodies, but I can't get over how cringe some of the lyrics are? I had this weird hot & cold feeling of liking one song, dislking another, and so on, while listening to this album.. and then started liking the bad ones and thought I was having stockholm syndrome or something.. It's just not a top tier pop album, it's.. just okay... but the highs..  are very high.

Recommend: Look What You've Done  //  Love Me Land

19. Bluprint - Bluprint

500x500bb.webp

Randomly got a song of theirs on shuffle and looked up if it was attached to an album with more, I know very little about this group and there isn't much from the little googling i've done but these are a good selection of songs i'll tell you that, with good voices and good lyrics. I got a good vibe listening to this and re-visited a couple times when they got stuck in my head, particularly 'Skeletons' which is just a really cute ear-worm track for a new group.

Recommend: Birds Eye View  //  Skeletons

Edited by KasioKas

pkNNBKm.gif

146. Surf Mesa - Carried Away (Love To Love) (with Madison Beer)

145. Duncan Laurence - Someone Else

144. ZAYN - Unfuckwitable

143. Little Mix - No

142. Justine Skye & Timbaland - About Time

141. Madison Ryann Ward - WANDA

140. Todrick Hall - Pink Dreams

139. Carrie Underwood - Only Us (with Dan + Shay) From The “Dear Evan Hansen” Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

138. Terrell Grice, Samoht - I Can't Make You Love Me

137. Adele - Strangers By Nature

136. Yebba - Distance

135. Demi Lovato - Unforgettable (Tommy's Song)

134. Sia & David Guetta - Floating Through Space

133. Kelly Rowland - Hitman

132. Madison Beer - Stay Numb And Carry On

131. Ledisi - Feeling Good

130. Terrell Grice, Durand Bernarr - I Like It

129. Qveen Herby - Obitchuary

128. Demi Lovato & Sam Fischer - What Other People Say

127. Madison Beer - Selfish

Distance is my favorite of the update! I spammed it too 2020 to include it in my list this year tho

Only Us + What Other People Say :clap3:

JoJo - Lift

Doja Cat - Been Like This

Madison Beer - Baby

Tinashe - The Chase

Miley Cyrus - Prisoner (feat. Dua Lipa)

Victoria Monét - F.U.C.K.

Adele - My Little Love

Little Mix - No

Adele - Strangers By Nature

All of these bops wow :jonny5:

Small Town Boy is honestly really a good album surprisingly. There's some songs that sound really cheesy for me but it's not hindering me from the listening exeperience

Wait.. is BluPrint is the album from that BET former girl groups reality shows?! :deadbanana4: I just tune out in the middle of the season because i thought they would never release that album in the end aklsdafk. Let me listen to it real quick and found out what songs that has 'yeaaaaah, why let them get me triggered' because that hook was stuck in my head for days after watched the episodes :jonny5:

Edited by Mr. Blue_Shirt

I've pretend Music movie never existed :fan: album is okay, far from her best work, but there's still some good songs

Poster Girl is so messy tbh, full of fillers, but so many highlights :alexz: 

Carried Away :smitten: 

Hitman issa banger :jamming: 

Floating :clap3: we love some good bops from Sia

the sabrina carpenter remix ended up being okay, tho i think i prefer zara's voice alone :fan:

i use like 3 songs from zayn's album. drag his lack of effort tho!

your split feelings on poster girl & zara as a whole :mandown: i can see why you say they're generic, but i find her & the album fun lol

146. Surf Mesa - Carried Away (Love To Love) (with Madison Beer)

132. Madison Beer - Stay Numb And Carry On

127. Madison Beer - Selfish

the tracks i use from this set all being madison :gaycat4: 

21 hours ago, KasioKas said:

Adele - Strangers By Nature

Great starting album track. :clap3:

Sia fell off :oh: I love Amy (Qveen Herby) but her solo rap material hasn't been the strongest and this debut was forgettable from the jump. The Halloween EP was better actually. No comment on #24 :keir: Zara's music can be a lil messy but yeah, when she serves she SERVES. || I think Unfuckwitable was actually my least favorite from that album kiii. What Other People Say is alright, oh I've actually never heard of Unforgettable (Tommy's Song)?? Strangers By Nature :heart2: Obitchuary :jamming:

143. Little Mix - No

135. Demi Lovato - Unforgettable (Tommy's Song)

128. Demi Lovato & Sam Fischer - What Other People Say

Hitman wasn't too bad honestly, best Kelly offering this year.

Yebba's Distance is chefs kiss.

And I'm surprised by Bluprint :lmao:Love Skeletons!!!

k745vyV.gif

126. Brae Leni - Need U (feat. KAYWHT)

125. Doja Cat - Payday (feat. Young Thug)

124. Zara Larsson - FFF

123. Wrabel - nothing but the love

122. Jazmine Sullivan - Pick Up Your Feelings

121. Adele - Woman Like Me

120. Tori Kelly - Waving Through A Window (From The “Dear Evan Hansen” Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)

119. Nova Miller - Only When It Snows

118. Bluprint - Skeletons

117. Bruno Mars, Anderson .Paak & Silk Sonic - After Last Night (with Thundercat & Bootsy Collins)

116. Terrell Grice, Chanté Moore - Guess Who I Saw Today (Live)

115. Dua Lipa - Fever (feat. Angèle)

114. Demi Lovato - My Girlfriends Are My Boyfriend (feat. Saweetie)

113. Adele - I Drink Wine

112. Brasstracks & Tori Kelly - Still Life

111. Avenue Beat - WOMAN

110. Terrell Grice, Candice Boyd, Avery Wilson - The Prayer

109. George Lovett - Christmas Time  (feat. Deanna Dixon, Blakley & Ashly Williams)

108. Madison Beer - Follow The White Rabbit

107. TIE: Kelly Clarkson - Merry Christmas Baby Kelly Clarkson - All I Want For Christmas Is You (Bonus Track)

Pick Up Your Feelings :alexz: 

I Drink Wine is definition of a grower :jonny5: 

Fever :katie2: 

nothing but the love :heart2:

oOCN1k9.gif

106. Doja Cat - Get Into It (Yuh)

105. Demi Lovato - Dancing With The Devil

104. Bruno Mars, Anderson .Paak & Silk Sonic - Leave The Door Open

103. X Ambassadors - My Own Monster

102. Cynthia Erivo - Alive

101. Candice Boyd - Replay

100. Adele - Cry Your Heart Out

99. Normani - Wild Side (extended remix featuring Coco Jones) 

Cardi exit stage left, enter Coco :oh:

98. Pentatonix - Exit Signs

97. Little Mix - Love (Sweet Love)

96. JoJo - Worst (I Assume)

95. Little Mix - Between Us

94. X Ambassadors - Adrenaline

93. Ariana Grande - worst behavior

92. Demi Lovato - Met Him Last Night (feat. Ariana Grande)

91. Rita Ora & Imanbek - Bang Bang

90. Ariana Grande - main thing

89. Todrick Hall - Love Me Black

88. Delta Goodrem - Dear Elton

87. Duncan Laurence - Stars

Spoiler
On 12/18/2021 at 4:26 AM, Ewan Chaos said:

Distance is my favorite of the update! I spammed it too 2020 to include it in my list this year tho

Ditto, it was a big standout when I heard her full project!

On 12/18/2021 at 5:46 AM, JGibson said:

Only Us + What Other People Say :clap3:

lovely tracks! :party:

On 12/18/2021 at 9:27 AM, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

All of these bops wow :jonny5:

Small Town Boy is honestly really a good album surprisingly. There's some songs that sound really cheesy for me but it's not hindering me from the listening exeperience

Wait.. is BluPrint is the album from that BET former girl groups reality shows?! :deadbanana4: I just tune out in the middle of the season because i thought they would never release that album in the end aklsdafk. Let me listen to it real quick and found out what songs that has 'yeaaaaah, why let them get me triggered' because that hook was stuck in my head for days after watched the episodes :jonny5:

Yh idk the artist so I wentin blind and really enjoyed it (re:small town boy), excited to see what he does next

WAIT! Is that who bluprint is? :ahh: I had no idea I didn't watch the show I just saw maybe one viral vid earlier in the year. Let me know if you like any of the tracks!

On 12/18/2021 at 10:15 AM, Lazuli said:

the sia album... a choice :mandown: 

no and strangers by nature :clap: 

lol I separated the music from the artist in this rare instance I think, the album on its own is decent

On 12/18/2021 at 11:29 AM, TheWayWeWere said:

I've pretend Music movie never existed :fan: album is okay, far from her best work, but there's still some good songs

Poster Girl is so messy tbh, full of fillers, but so many highlights :alexz: 

Carried Away :smitten: 

Hitman issa banger :jamming: 

Floating :clap3: we love some good bops from Sia

Glad you agree re: Poster girl, I saw a lot of unnecessary praise imo

The hitman mv is good too!

On 12/18/2021 at 12:35 PM, dreamofyou said:

strangers by nature, best on 30 me thinks

madison beer multiple entries:clap3:

Yh like Madison's album overally a lot, esp since she released it early in the year when noone else had yet sorta

On 12/18/2021 at 12:40 PM, BlackoutZone said:

Strangers By Nature acclaim ahh so underrated

love it from first listen, do tothers in the album thread not enjoy it?

23 hours ago, kiiwii said:

the sabrina carpenter remix ended up being okay, tho i think i prefer zara's voice alone :fan:

i use like 3 songs from zayn's album. drag his lack of effort tho!

your split feelings on poster girl & zara as a whole :mandown: i can see why you say they're generic, but i find her & the album fun lol

the tracks i use from this set all being madison :gaycat4: 

Lol yh Madison really brought it with that album, excited to hear her next, i thought she was gonna drop but I guess touring first makes sense

20 hours ago, Sunderland 4ever said:

Great starting album track. :clap3:

agreed! new update! :party:

15 hours ago, Remmy said:

Sia fell off :oh: I love Amy (Qveen Herby) but her solo rap material hasn't been the strongest and this debut was forgettable from the jump. The Halloween EP was better actually. No comment on #24 :keir: Zara's music can be a lil messy but yeah, when she serves she SERVES. || I think Unfuckwitable was actually my least favorite from that album kiii. What Other People Say is alright, oh I've actually never heard of Unforgettable (Tommy's Song)?? Strangers By Nature :heart2: Obitchuary :jamming:

Disagree I preferred this to the halloween ep

I like unfuckwittable for the lyrics tbh, it's a vibe I can relate too

Check out unforgettable and tell me what you think, I think it's about her friend who passed away?

11 hours ago, Sempiternal said:

143. Little Mix - No

135. Demi Lovato - Unforgettable (Tommy's Song)

128. Demi Lovato & Sam Fischer - What Other People Say

new update! :party:

8 hours ago, D/X said:

Didn't know Sia and David kept collaborating. :skull: Will give it a listen.

let me know your thoughts once you've heard it!

5 hours ago, MP2K said:

Hitman wasn't too bad honestly, best Kelly offering this year.

Yebba's Distance is chefs kiss.

And I'm surprised by Bluprint :lmao:Love Skeletons!!!

Agreed yebba knocked it out of the park. Glad you like skeletons too! Didn't realise they were the group from the show until just now!!

3 minutes ago, TheWayWeWere said:

Pick Up Your Feelings :alexz: 

I Drink Wine is definition of a grower :jonny5: 

Fever :katie2: 

new update since your post! wanted a double drop tonight!

Love the lyricsof I drink wine, runs a little long though..

2 minutes ago, JGibson said:

nothing but the love :heart2:

really well written and Wrabel pulls it off nicely! new update since your post!

1 minute ago, KasioKas said:

Love the lyricsof I drink wine, runs a little long though..

nnn I kinda want 15 minute version though :rip: 

DWTD :clap3: 

Wild Side is hot :flame:

Worst :smitten: one of her best r&b songs 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.