• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Remmy

• Sunderland 4ever

• Legend E

• Alldeezy

i'm sorry about your dog, king :heart2: 

the shura deluxe tracks were indeed nice :jamming: i didn't realize they came out a whole 2 years later tho nnnn

friends in the corner + last birthday :clap3:joan's 'bye' making it already :clap3: i haven't listened to it yet, but i expect it to be as good as their previous work!

i listened to the yearbook, but i don't remember anything standing out to me.

i've only seen Luca from these films, but i'm a sucker for heartfelt movies :'(

Demidevil was decent, I mostly used Slumber Party and Daisy which were your faves too :clap3:

Zola was really fun even if I enjoyed the first half more than the second :giraffe:

need to watch the Billie documentary and her Disney special, I'm such a flop stan :monkey:

the transitions on Mercurial World were sooooo good, that and HTE really stood out when it came to transitions this year :jonny5: 

Foxes EP was good although I agree that your top 4 tracks are way above the rest which is kinda just ok.

I started to like Hysterical Us lately, need to hear more from them...

Song transition is pretty neat. Absolute agree on the choice too. 

Cute inclusion of song transition. Honestly the whole album is one flawless song transition.

Had no clue there was more than Obsession on Shura's deluxe :deadbanana: It'd prob be my favorite. Sam Sparro had a deluxe too? Jesus I was so out of the loop for that shit. We have the EXACT same taste for Ms. Loui :clap3:

Hope your dog is doing alright love xo

The deoderant line tho...

sub-buzz-24020-1539193659-20.png?downsiz

Forever deluxe :clap3: kinda missed it until recently, but I loved new tracks so much :jonny: I love she's not going to disappear for another bunch of time

FITC :clap3: nice little EP, but I prefer Kick songs already

I still love to re-read Zola thread, but movie was just ... okay? I don't know, it felt a bit slow

Foxes was cute :)

Had no clue about Shura. I use to listen to the artist a lot. Looks like I have to get back in.

"White Light" was the last song I've heard honestly, which was amazing.

Was gonna update today (12/13) but it was a #StressedAndDepressed kind of day since one of my dogs is getting closer to dying & now I'm exhausted after commenting on other threads and the day ends in 2 minutes anyway nnn. There will also be nothing posted tomorrow since I have my first dentist appointment ever - I've never brushed or flossed my teeth before, I use deodorant for my mouth and you should too! Do some research it's so healthy I promise you

thoughts and prayers sis but also wtf :skull: 

shura released a deluxe for her album this year? ddd how did i not know

i don't really know the films except for black widow which is just... there i guess

Angel's EP was kind of a snooze... when I heard she was covering '80s songs I got excited but then I realized oh, she's doing it in her current style :rip: Dua is mainly there because Not My Problem is TRASH!

I've always thought it was overrated :gaycat3:

i found the songs cute tho :chick3: 

yes but TKOW and IFAM are enough to bring it back up :gaycat3:

love again overrated... must be those oral cavities that are infecting your brain! 

20 hours ago, Remmy said:

Magdalena Bay "Dawning of the Season" → "Secrets (Your Fire)"

I was about to say that part was the highlight of the album. Guess you read my mind. :dies:

Hmm I haven’t seen any of these films or heard those EPs.

I completely forgot about Greyson Chance :deadbanana: His Paparazzi cover was the momenT

REPLIES:

Spoiler
On 12/14/2021 at 3:08 PM, BlackoutZone said:

Mercurial World fucking excellence :duca: Good addition

I loved Deal With It from Ashnikko, but it's probably mainly cause Dagny penned it :alexz3:

Exactly

Hold up, I had no idea... ahhh get those extra bags Dagny

On 12/14/2021 at 3:10 PM, KasioKas said:

Nah you and I are legit gonna fight because this is UNACCEPTABLE. Normally I would expect this from you but this time you just weren't paying attention, Trying Not To Think About It is excellent I can't believe this immense lack of taste :psyduck::psyduck::psyduck:

more like 'trying not to STINK', and she failed!!! :bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh:

On 12/14/2021 at 3:10 PM, dangerousalex said:

sorry to hear about your dog :cries::heart2:

I don't use Demidevil at all dddd and I was so perched for it too. sad she failed to deliver after Daisy.

I never got the chance to watch Zola :rip:

just got into Magdalena Bay's album, it's amazing!

:heart::heart:

I can see the potential in ha, hopefully the next project will be stronger.

I don't know why A24 didn't put it on streaming early, and now it's on Showtime instead of literally any other service...

Yessss :katie2:

On 12/14/2021 at 3:29 PM, Staryu said:

:'( sorry to hear about your dog, my maltese is getting pretty old, I know I will be in a deep depression when she leaves me :heart2: hope youre doing okay. 

Black Widow was alright, not my favorite MCU movie but Florence Pugh :jonny: 

:heart::heart: but aww my family had a maltese 10+ years ago for a while before we gave her away (I forgot why.) Doing better for now, she's visiting the vet tomorrow

Right! :gaycat3:

On 12/14/2021 at 3:29 PM, Achilles. said:

Ol*via snatched Baby Queen for her tour? Noooo. Stay away from her!

The fact that Awkwafina’s character is basically… Awkwafina is a bit of a mess, and it has a few anachronistic jokes that really fall flat. Shiva Baby was a very interesting film as well; she did an excellent job capturing the awkwardness, anxiety, and claustrophobia of the situation. Zola didn’t do much for me, but I agree about the grimy feel to it. 

At least it'll get some extra people to discover & stream her :lakitu:

(Slightly?) unpopular opinion but I don't mind Awkwafina :keir: Exactly, exactly!

23 hours ago, Hug said:

I had to put my dog down this year because she was growing more sick. It was really hard and I empathize with you.

But more on your Best Of, I was surprised that I ended up liking Ashnikko as much as I do. Probably don't listen to her as much as I should, but I think I'm pretty into her music. She's really fun!

Aw no, that's terrible :cries: Yeah this will pretty much be the first major death in my life, my mom's adopted parents died when I was younger but I didn't wasn't super close with them.

Yup, she's a fun time for sure :jamming:

21 hours ago, kiiwii said:

i'm sorry about your dog, king :heart2: 

the shura deluxe tracks were indeed nice :jamming: i didn't realize they came out a whole 2 years later tho nnnn

joan's 'bye' making it already :clap3: i haven't listened to it yet, but i expect it to be as good as their previous work!

i listened to the yearbook, but i don't remember anything standing out to me.

:heart::heart:

Yeah, truly out of nowhere :lmao:

It is! Their sound is very consistent so far, if they ever make an actual album I feel like they might switch things up.

Oh wow, oh wow!

20 hours ago, K$Ellie said:

Zola was really fun even if I enjoyed the first half more than the second :giraffe:

need to watch the Billie documentary and her Disney special, I'm such a flop stan :monkey:

the transitions on Mercurial World were sooooo good, that and HTE really stood out when it came to transitions this year :jonny5: 

There is some fun to be had while watching it :gaycat3: But not enough

Didn't catch the Disney special because I don't really care about stuff like that but yeah, you're kinda slacking!

Too true :sats:

20 hours ago, potent said:

I started to like Hysterical Us lately, need to hear more from them...

Yes, you do! and Hysterical Us is one of their bests!

15 hours ago, Ewan Chaos said:

Cute inclusion of song transition. Honestly the whole album is one flawless song transition.

Had no clue there was more than Obsession on Shura's deluxe :deadbanana: It'd prob be my favorite. Sam Sparro had a deluxe too? Jesus I was so out of the loop for that shit.

Hope your dog is doing alright love xo

The deoderant line tho...

sub-buzz-24020-1539193659-20.png?downsiz

Period!

Kiii all these ignored deluxe editions :fan::fan::fan:

Been doing better the past 2 days and she has a vet visit tomorrow :dancehall3:

Now I know you want a kiss, don't lie! :kiss:

15 hours ago, TheWayWeWere said:

FITC :clap3: nice little EP, but I prefer Kick songs already

I still love to re-read Zola thread, but movie was just ... okay? I don't know, it felt a bit slow

Same

Yeah, and it's especially annoying when the trailer and some promo material made it seem like the movie was gonna be insane

8 hours ago, Lazuli said:

thoughts and prayers sis but also wtf :skull: 

shura released a deluxe for her album this year? ddd how did i not know

yes but TKOW and IFAM are enough to bring it back up :gaycat3:

love again overrated... must be those oral cavities that are infecting your brain! 

:heart::heart: and what's wrong? Some day you all will be thanking me

Apparently many didn't know :oh: But it really came out of nowhere so that's not surprising

They tried! But NMP's score made it all crumble down

Not quite!

3 hours ago, Sunderland 4ever said:

I was about to say that part was the highlight of the album. Guess you read my mind. :dies:

I do remember getting a telepathic message yesterday but not knowing who it was from... :cupid:

2 hours ago, TalkThatRihanna said:

Hmm I haven’t seen any of these films or heard those EPs.

I completely forgot about Greyson Chance :deadbanana: His Paparazzi cover was the momenT

Well damn, that's a lot to miss out on :oh: Maybe today's update will have something

It was a bit of a moment, yup!

vo3dfIo.png

BEST EPs || #10-01

[[ Eligibility period: 11/01/2020 - 12/04/2021 ]]

NOTE: This category is ranked by the average score each release got after I rated every track above 2:10-ish.

10. Culture Wars 'teche'
Ranking: teche > Leave Me Alone > Lose Money > Hunger > Faith
Thoughts: No thoughts, head empty - simply a nice EP.

09. Jessie Ware 'What's Your Pleasure? (The Platinum Pleasure Edition)'
Ranking: Pale Blue Light > Please = Eyes Closed > Hot N Heavy > Overtime > Impossible >>>> 0208
Thoughts: A great extension to the main album, which we all know was a major 2020 highlight.

"0208" just messed it up a bit, sorry to anyone that loves that track...

08. Valley 'sucks to see you doing better'
Ranking:
 sucks to see you... > hiccup > nevermind = homebody = BE THE ONE
Thoughts: Luckily they released this in Q4 2020 so it qualifies! Very fun and has great replay value. The title track is likely their best song.

07. Isaac Dunbar 'EVIL TWIN'
Ranking: fan behavior > love, or lack thereof > intimate moments > pink party > kissy kissy > rendezvous > the world & all her pearls
Thoughts: Only 18 years old and he's already on EP #3! I feel like all of them are pretty much on the same level of quality, too.

By the way, he has credits on every song & ARTPOP inspired him to start producing so give this boy his flowers already. :gaycat4:

06. RINSE 'Wherever I Am'
Ranking:
 Back Into Your Arms > Tamaryn (Wherever i Am) > Without You > What Hell I'm In
Thoughts: This guy is Hatchie's guitarist (she's also featured on "Back Into Your Arms")

and this debut has a very similar dreampop sound. So if you like that, check him out!

05. joan 'hi'
Ranking:
 so good > something special >= right back > come over
Thoughts: Hello! It's another serve from this duo. The summery vibes are excellent & my top 2 are discography highlights.

04. Daya 'The Difference'
Ranking: First Time > Bad Girl > The Difference > Tokyo Drifting > Montana
Thoughts: Daya has been really underrated ever since the 'Sit Still, Look Pretty' era ended (aka when her

popularity began to fade.) She's had several great droplets and now a great EP to follow them up with.

03. Taylor Swift 'Fearless (Taylor's Version) [From the Vault]'
Ranking:
 Mr. Perfectly Fine > That's When > Don't You > We Were Happy > You All Over Me = Bye Bye Baby
Thoughts: YEEEEEEEEEHAW!!!!! These vault tracks were as pretty as a peach, I reckon! SWEEEEET doggy!!!

(The fact that Mr. PF was cut from the album and never became a single back in the day is insane, what an anthem.)

02. Samia 'Scout'
Ranking: The Distance > Show Up > As You Are > Elephant
Thoughts: Well I'm glad to see some more people here are listening to Samia ('The Baby' was my 14th Best Album

last year & I didn't see it anywhere else) - but those numbers need to GROW! Lovely followup to her impressive debut.

01. ELIO 'Can You Hear Me Now?'
Ranking: CHARGER > hurts 2 hate... > When U Saw Love = Jackie Onassis > @elio.irl > Fabric = Come Round
Thoughts: Just want to thank Charli once again for promoting ELIO on Twitter last year (and a few extra times since then.)

Her debut release 'u and me, but mostly me' (#9 on my 2020 EP list) was a great start, and 'Can You Hear Me Now?'

just showed us that we might have a new queen of modern teen pop on the horizon.

vo3dfIo.png

89473281c919ea37ddb31410c557af6c.1000x1000x1.jpg89dd6266b142e25c7bcd2510f808032e.1000x1000x1.jpg481d463b1e690045da79b2adf8bd424c.1000x1000x1.jpg074330b97ebf2ab0d935944c27f55ce7.1000x1000x1.png2b71cfcd76cde890ba4ef462ec523c42.700x700x1.jpg

5e9094f2d9fd2997a2b7744477c82486.1000x1000x1.png37a5c555296824d4eca1a14fc5a64684.1000x1000x1.png10c6fcbfe6f2fa4b30525c4e955ffd3c.1000x1000x1.jpg927e0c1c9668c1d0dee7448ba9bdfabd.1000x1000x1.pngbfb0b2f81402523fd04b28987d6a8c31.1000x1000x1.jpg

vo3dfIo.png

Last 5 Winners:
2017 - Aly & AJ 'Ten Years'

2018 - Allie X 'SUPER SUNSET'

2019 - Aly & AJ 'Sanctuary'

2020 - joan 'cloudy'

2021 - ELIO 'Can You Hear Me Now?'

BEST FILMS || #06-01

[[ Eligibility period: 10/01/2020 - 12/03/2021 ]]

06. Promising Young Woman [B+]
Released: 12/25/20 || IMDB: 7.5 / RT: 90% / LB: 3.7
Starring: Carey Mulligan, Bo Burnham, Laverne Cox
Notes: - It's nice and satisfying to watch Carey Mulligan grilling assholes and messing with their heads. She is really, really amazing in this. || - Great story and overall message, there's a lot of truth and darkness in here despite its rather bright aesthetic. || - I don't have a lot of negatives but there are a few brief, slow points. || - Moved up from #9 after a rewatch!

05. Shang-Chi and The Legend of the Ten Rings [B+]
Released: 09/03/21 || IMDB: 7.5 / RT: 91% / LB: 3.7
Starring: Simu Liu, Awkwafina, Tony Leung

Notes: - Some of the best action sequences, choreography & visuals in the MCU! || - I like that Marvel featured a lot of Mandarian in this... I know the people that complained about Parasite/Squid Game subtitles were PRESSED!!! || - The fight scenes are BAAAADDDDDAAAAASSSS right from the jump! || - Xu Xialing is a QUEEN! A potential MCU favorite already. || - 2nd act is rather dialogue-heavy and has a slower pace, but it didn't mess things up too much and it felt more fitting for this movie anyway. || - The big finale had a little too much going on.

04. Soul [A-]
Released: 12/25/20 || IMDB: 8.1 / RT: 95% / LB: 4.1
Starring: Jamie Foxx, Tina Fey, Graham Norton (voices)

Notes: A mix of sad, fun, funny, inspiring and beautiful. || - Very creative for the most part. There's plenty of great opportunities for quick, comedic moments || - A certain event in the second act is super formulaic but still entertaining. || - I feel like it could've hit a little harder emotionally, although plenty said that it made them cry so perhaps I'm just soulless. :keir:

03. Cruella [A-]
Released: 05/28/21 || IMDB: 7.4 / RT: 74% / LB: 3.5
Starring: Emma Stone, Emma Thompson, Joel Fry

Notes: - It's like a "The Ocean's Joker Wears Prada" but definitely not in a bad way. || - It is quite long, like most f**king DIsney adaptations... although it EASILY contains the least amount of filler and is simply the best one overall! || - Great camerawork, editing, music, costumes. Plenty of great sets. The time period was fabulous. Lots of fun. || - Emma Stone & Thompson killed it, unsurprisingly. Watching them go back & forth with each other is a blast. || - The last 30 minutes or so (as well as some other moments)... quite camp! Maybe even too much?

02. The Suicide Squad [A-]
Released: 08/06/21 || IMDB: 7.3 / RT: 90% / LB: 3.7
Starring: Margot Robbie, Idris Elba, John Cena

Notes: - Never expected this to be a runner-up contender! || - I like how it started things off quickly and skipped all the extra details we already know. || - Nice cast and great editing, James Gunn took this franchise into a nice direction. It's wild to see the differences between the original... attempt... and this. This team is sooo much better. || - Lots of action and fight sequences, most of which were solid, ESPECIALLY Harley Quinn's big moment that ended up being the best scene. || - The final boss is so crazy but it actually works, and the big hero is completely unexpected. || - Overall, it's a major improvement over the 2016 mess. Has some fun and switches gears from playful to intense to horror-like with no problems. || - Upgraded to A- after my 2nd viewing, super easy to rewatch.

01. The Mitchells vs. The Macines [A]
Released: 04/23/21 || IMDB: 7.7 / RT: 98% / LB: 3.9
Starring: Abbi Jacobson, Danny McBride, Maya Rudolph (voices)

Notes: Sony Animation absolutely DEMOLISHED it with Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (my #1 for 2019 and #4 of all time) and this shares plenty of amazing qualities: clever writing, lovely animation, being familiar yet imaginative, as well as providing constant laughs and entertainment. There's so many cute jokes and details that only last a second or two, but they add SO much. || - Also just like Spider-Verse, I didn't have it on my radar at all until I saw the reviews/hype. || - The editing is incredible and the pacing is pretty much at hyperspeed. || - It's insane how hilarious this movie is, like the amount of jokes that miss are... nearly non-existent? || - 2 minutes into the movie I was already thinking "Oh yeah, I'm definitely gonna enjoy this" - which is a RARE feeling.  || - Watch this now!!!

vo3dfIo.png

promisingyoungwoman2020-poster.jpg?w=800&h=800&crop=1artworks-mcmmhVeD5070r1SG-1B0BvQ-t500x500.jpg1602295438-Ej1vifLVcAAETO4.jpeg

8115xmsZ6VS._SS500_.jpgExXEKH8VgAACBsM-900x900.jpg81dc7z35rfL._SS500_.jpg

vo3dfIo.png

Last 5 Winners:

2017 - Doctor Strange [A-]

2018 - A Star Is Born [A-]

2019 - Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse [A+]

2020 - Little Women [A-]

2021 - The Mitchells vs. The Machines [A]

MINI CATEGORIES || PART II

BEST YOUTUBER

Mike's Mic
Channel: Here | Genre: Comedy, Commentary
Subscribers: 514,000 | Avg. views/video: 150-350K

nPQrk6mU1HMFHjIWqx1yjdnNsouJz7mEgh4AZ3L51fDXjjewmmv_4YmYAjVKzfbH6y5SkPLrvw=s900-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj56e1b353-fd1e-48a3-b894-105646967b80-profile_image-300x300.png

This Australian gay has a head full of pop culture references as well as a masters degree

(and he'll never let you forget it.) His videos are pretty simple and it's nice to just sit down and listen

to him discuss or make fun of things that I actually want to hear about or know his opinion on. Then

sometimes he'll drop something really random like "Reordering the alphabet because the old one just doesn't

do it for me" or "which emoji would win in a fight?", things that many people can't pull off, but he's able to do it.

NOTE: Someone can only win this category once, here are the previous winners~
2011 - Kingsley | 2013 - Shane Dawson LOL | 2014 - Grace Helbig | 2015 - DashieXP/DashieGames
2016 - Brandon Rogers | 2017 - David Dobrik LOL | 2018 - Carly and Erin | 2019 - Pretty Much It | 2020 - Brittany Broski

vo3dfIo.png

BEST TWITCH STREAMER

Carmen
Channel: Here | Most Streamed Game: Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribers: 2,300+ | Followers: 223,000+ | Avg. views/stream: 1,200

f95a5544-1352-4d4d-8b23-e731db389f32-profile_image-300x300.pngAKedOLTq4i78WXaCemymF2w-r6t4ofpnAxApCR5ikOjd=s900-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj

This was a massive year for GTAV roleplay, mainly on the NoPixel server, and I started following plenty of people

because of it. This was actually a tough choice because there's a LOT of streamers I enjoyed in 2021, so I went

with one that was among my earlier discoveries. Carmen has such a sweet, bubbly personality both in and out of

roleplay, although she's not afraid to bring some attitude when it's necessary. She pretty much only plays GTA

so there's basically no variety, but she knows how to bring the entertainment nonetheless.

NOTE: Someone can only win this category once, here are the previous winners~
2019 - jschlatt | 2020 - JustaMinx

Mr Perfectly Fine definitely should’ve been a single. Also Hot N Heavy from WYP Deluxe is great as well

Edited by TalkThatRihanna

CORRECT EP winner YUP *oprah gif* Knew you would stan :allears: I disagree with the songs ranking a bit, but they are all pretty nice anyway

Platinum Pleasure obviously fantastic too. Mess at the Fearless TV, I think I only liked Don't from new songs, but then again I was never a fan of her sound back then and this one sounds nothing like it  :mandown:

The way I don't watch much movies so can never comment on these, but my fave this year was by far Dune and I don't see it there so flop x

Jessie + Taylor. :clap3:

No Red TV though? :huh:

Soul is nice, even if it makes my five year old niece ask all sorts of questions about death and souls and the afterlife. Thanks, Disney. :deadbanana2:

Cruella was lots of fun! Will be watching Shang Chi and The Mitchells soon!

I love Mike's Mic, his humor/personality meshes so well with mine, would love to be his friend :jonny: 

Cruella being this year feels so strange to me, seems like so long ago :deadbanana2:I loved it though. Shang Chi was amazing too. 

Oh and yas Jessie and Elio for the EPs :clap3: 

1 hour ago, Remmy said:

REPLIES:

Hide contents

more like 'trying not to STINK', and she failed!!! :bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh:

vo3dfIo.png

You're so mean! I don't deserve this i'm a good person :giraffe:

All jokes a side it's a shame you didn't connect with it because it's the most accurate portrayal of depression i've heard and was very relateable

wait, i forgot about evil twin! i've liked a handful of songs from his EPs

lots of great EPs in this top 10, as expected. valley + joan + daya + samia  :clap3: 

and RINSE, yas! i had no idea he was hatchie's guitarist :eek: loved the sound tho

and ELIO ofc :jonny: love that she claimed the top spot! your ranking of the tracks are a little off, but we'll look past that :fan:

not familiar with Culture Wars at all, but i'll give them a listen.

Soul; another film that made me emotional :'(

oop, i also got sucked into the streaming world of NoPixel for a minute. not familiar with Carmen tho! 

• ATRL Moderator

Definitely agree about 0208 being the worst song on WYP but the Platinum Pleasure Edition deserved to be #1 :thing: 

WYP Platinum is the blueprint for MPG re-releases :jonnycat:

I low-key loved Fearless Vault tracks more that album itself :rip: 

I didn't expect a lot from Cruella, since Glenn is the best Cruella ever, but movie was great, I'm in love with fashion, fast-pacing and references to original series/movie :jonny5: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.