Ewan Chaos's Best of 2021! | Albums 5-1 + Songs 10-1

Ewan Chaos

I appreciate the bravery to listen these "worst" albums, I managed to avoid all of them aside from Demi :gaydonnacat1:

I really wanted to root for Demi and like this album but it was just too all over the place, they were on the right track with TMYLM, idk what happenned. The artworks for that era were amazing tho

WYP Platinum :clap3:

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ewan Chaos

• TheWayWeWere

• Sunderland 4ever

• BlackoutZone

The Justin and Ed lashings :clap3:

I didn't mind Demi's album but equally I didn't find myself revisiting it after a couple of listens.

the TOP album was meh tbh, listened once and didn't bother again (unlike their previous 2 efforts)

serotonin is like one of the good songs on the girl in red album tho sis...

i can't stand demi but i always get drawn into her albums somehow. this one was not too bad but wasn't as strong as her previous ones

tones and i... why did you even bother sis?

WYP?(PPE) is honestly nothing compared to the actual album but pale blue light deserves JUSTICE 

Fair worst albums picks, had a displeasure of listening to most of them and I agree.

Always love to see Katy B or Foxes in best ofs even if they weren't their best of the best projects! Really excited for what Katy brings next, cause with Foxes we know an amazing album is coming :allears: WYP Platinum the excellence Moonlight Edition of FN wishes to be

I'm so glad i'm not the only one who doesn't like Girl in Red. and the album's dragging? Now we said it!

Zayn was supposed to be releasing c*nt music and become the sexiest Main Pop Boy in our generation but NOPE... i guess the universe just don't want us to have nice things i guess

Justin, Ed, Morgan and Tones and I lashings are the most pleasing to me :foxaylove2:

--

WYP (Platinums) new tracks are all top notch (and honestly better than some of the songs in the OG album). Jessie still got it wow :jonny5:

I haven't listen to Foxes new EP but i guess i'll just wait for the new album to come out nnn

• ATRL Moderator

I actually didn't mind the JB and Demi albums, they actually had a couple of good songs each, overall nothing spectacular or noteworthy though.

I wanted so bad to listen to the T&I album just to say I had done it, but I could never bring myself to.  One of the most streamed albums ever though ! 

17 hours ago, Ewan Chaos said:

This album is basically "Avril Lavigne for boring people."

I can't. :ahh: I also remember listening to Girl In Red's album once... just once, and that's fine for me. :cupid:

Omg, I missed your worst list, reading this and crying out of laugh on my work right now :deadbanana2:

I had on clue Tones had an album oh dear. I loved her song "Wont Sleep" at first but...

The lashings for Justice and equals are deserved tbh but i didnt even listen to either of them in full... it just wasnt interesting enough outside Justice's singles and Bad Habits.

No comment on Morgan.

noooo, not the pale waves + girl in red slander :toofunny2: i liked those two. can't believe you listened to morgan wallen's album tho :mandown:

friends in the corner :clap3:

cackling at the worst of, all truly terrible, although maybe I'd save Justice cause it at least has a few salvageable songs.

Foxes' EP was cutesy, too basic for her standards, The Kick sounds like a 2022 AOTY tho so im perched. 

20 hours ago, Ewan Chaos said:

Thanks so much yall :heart: Alright, let's just get right into it and get the worst albums out of the way, shall we? I may also do EP honorable mentions later today if I have time.

7.) Justin Bieber - Justice

I'm tired of this man. I think I would have hated Changes more than this (if I remembered what any of it sounded like), but like… I'm tired of this man! That MLK Interlude makes me want to spit! I appreciate that the second half had some bangers, but overall NO THANK YOU. Don't even get me started on the deluxe...

Yass: Peaches, Somebody

Naur: Lonely, Love You Different, Unstable, THE INTERLUDE

6.) Zayn - Nobody Is Listening

Unfortunately, Zayn, I was. It's just embarrassing that this man's whole schtick is being sexy and yet this was the best he could come up with. I'll give him credit for being alright in that song that Syd saved, but overall just really unnecessary R&B music in a year that had such strong albums in that genre. I mean, it least it wasn't bad like his previous output (I'd still say this is his best album LOL), but I never wanted to return to... really any of these songs.

Yass: When Love's Around, Vibez

Naur: Calamity, Tightrope, Connexion, Outside

4.) Demi Lovato - Dancing With the Devil... The Art of Starting Over

I suppose this is going to be my controversial pick this year. I'd say this is the first album on this list that I actively dislike. Plus it doesn't help that I received a rejection from a job I'd been working 2 months to apply and interview for. I have a job again now, NO THANKS TO YOU DEMI. But really, it is mostly just that I think the music sucks that brought this album so low on my list. Which is odd since I don't really actively go out of my way to bash Demi or hate on their music, so it wasn't like this was automatically gonna be low on my list. I had no idea why people were hyping it up so much. Cool album cover at least.

Yass: The Art of Starting Over

Naur: Lonely People, Anyone, Mad World, Easy

Drag justin it really is a bad album.

But damn the Zayn drag is scathing.

Fully disagree re: Demi though, she took a shot in the dark to be more brutally honest and the sound of the album is a departure from her more pop-esque sound. I liked it!

Using my lunch break to do my favorite EPs this year! I'll comment to everyone now too, but I'll need to wait until after work to check out y'alls Best Ofs and I'll probably also post my 10 album honorable mentions.

Best EPs of 2021 | 10 - 1

10.) Daði Freyr - Welcome

Surprised to find myself enjoying a more simple EP like this as much as I did towards the end of the year. Feel the Love was one of the first songs that I added to my Best of 2021 playlist and when I revisited it seeing it was tacked to an EP, I had to check it out. Pretty fun EP! This this was a Eurovision dude? I will always stan the Icelandic folks.

Yass: Feel the Love, 10 Years, Clear My Head

Naur: x

9.) India Jordan - Watch Out!

I didn't like this as much as their 2020 EP, but my gosh this is still cool and so fun! I suppose I'd describe this as... less groovy (ironic with the last song being titled And Groove and being pretty groovy) and more spastic and crazier than last year's EP. I'd recommend it if you want some House/Garage fun!

Yass: Only Said Enough, Feierabend, Watch Out!

8.) Rebecca Black - Rebecca Black Was Here

Rebecca's kind of a queen for this EP, if I'm being real. Not that she was untalented before, but she clearly took what she wanted from "hyperpop" or whatever (the autotune on Personal, the wonky production of NGL) and made it into her own. It would have been cute to close this with that Friday Remix, but it makes loads of sense for that to be standalone. Guess we'll see how that Slayyyter collab will be later this week!

Yass: Personal, Girlfriend, Worth it for the Feeling, NGL

Naur: Blue

7.) beabadoobee - Our Extended Play

I think of all EPs on this list, this could be the one that I end up liking more than her full album from last year. Songs like Last Day on Earth and He Gets Me So High could have perfectly soundtracked a scene from some Hilary Duff early 2000s romantic teen movie... and I mean that with all the praise I can give.

Yass: Last Day on Earth, Cologne, He Gets Me So High

6.) Doss - 4 New Hit Songs

I don't think I was expecting too much from this EP since I didn't care for (not disliked) their remix on Dawn of Chromatica. But wow! Some seriously amazing House tracks on here. I could have seen this ranking higher on the EP list if I'd given it a spin earlier in the year.

Yass: Look, On Your Mind, Strawberry

5.) Yves Tumor - The Asymptomatical World

Like MOST EPs on this list… this is not quite as good as their album the year before but still BANGS. Nothing topped the MEGA banger Jackie, but still a great project.

Yass: Jackie, Secrecy Is Incredibly Important To The Both of Them, ...And Loyalty Is A Nuisance Child

4.) Jazmine Sullivan - Heaux Tales

I don't think I've… ever listened to a Jazmine album before? Well, EP in this case. So let me know if you have suggestions from her other work! Shame she didn't seem to have the confidence to just call this an album, because honestly it... is an album. BUT whatever. Amazing R&B record and is very deserved of all the love it's been getting this year from critics (even if it's not QUITE my favorite R&B record, or even EP, of this year). Jazmine even got me to listen to HER's music with that last song!

Yass: Pick Up Your Feelings, Put It Down, On It

3.) YUKIKA - Timeabout,

Why the random comma, queen? Yet again, another album where last year's full album was better, but WOW what a fabulous and fun collection of songs. Like last year, YUKIKA was the only KPOP artist I checked out in 2021, so feel free to flood me with suggestions on who else I should check out, or who I should check out moving forward :flower:

Yass: Insomnia, Time Travel, Love Month

2.) Gallant - Neptune

Really proud of Gallant for releasing an EP this good, that actually rivals his debut album that I am OBSESSED with! In fact... I think this could even be considered better than his debut because my one gripe with Gallant's debut is that he sometimes oversings on songs. That is not any sort of issue here! This is a fantastic collection of R&B songs that I'll be enjoying for a very long time.

Yass: Comeback, Dynamite, Scars, Julie

1.) Kero Kero Bonito - Civilisation II

Whew part of me felt weird having such a "short" EP topping this list, but every song is straight 10/10 (yes the second song is the "weakest" but still so beautiful), so it's what she deserves. The Princess and the Clock having that super fun breakdown into the first chorus and having an INSANELY good bridge, 21/04/20 capturing the mundanity and wistfulness of early lockdown perfectly, and Well Rested... whew. Well Rested. KKB making a sonic shift into some bonkers, apocalyptic synth-house smasher that closes out the EP perfectly. It's fun to see them in some new territory.

Yass: Well Rested, The Princess and the Clock, 21/04/20

Comments under the spoiler~

Spoiler

just I met the devil last night alone made me like Demi's album! but I admit there were more fillers then bops!

You know, if I had to pick a second favorite track from the album I'd pick Devil Last Night too. So, good taste there.

22 hours ago, TalkThatRihanna said:

Some of these albums definitely deserved to be here, but one of these might be on my Best Albums list :eli:

Also me having the same favorites as you for Demi, Morgan, Ed and Bieber :WAP:

nnn I'll leave it to my imagination and try to guess which it'll be :eli: Even in the shit we stan the talent of it!

22 hours ago, Sanguine said:

Oh these are quite bad yes

First I applaud you for having the patience for Morgan Wallen's, I didn't even bother. Pale Waves' album title is funny because they clearly have no idea :rip: the way they wanted to be The 1975 and now Avril. Lots of talentless people in the middle :lakitu: Idk what happened with Demi, her streak of awful songs in 2020 was pretty rough to witness too nnnn. And can't be mad at the #1 although I don't hate her as much as most people do

The anti-Girl in Red propaganda hasn't worked on me the songs are too catchy

It was early January and there was nothing else new to listen to nnn re: Morgan that was the ONLY reason why. sdklshdkshdisl the Pale Waves drag I screamed, so true though. I literally expected a 1975 clone when I listened and was so confused.

22 hours ago, Insanity said:

2 of your worst are on my top 10 

I figured nnnn sorry sis. I think I can guess who as well.

21 hours ago, dangerousalex said:

all of these albums are terrible I agree :clap3:

Slay our taste :clap:

21 hours ago, Mr. Loco said:

Haven't heard Equals in full, but it really has some catchy singles :pancake:

I'll give Overhead Pass or whatever it was called a win but not the others imo!

21 hours ago, Cloröx said:

The Girl in Red slander is not cute :gaycat6:

dnsdkjs sorry babe I just am tired of bananis and avocadis bitches!

21 hours ago, hofork said:

Great selection of worsts jfjfsl

I didn't even bother with Zayn because there's certain artists out there where I just know its not worth it (Tones is another one!!) Justin's was atrocious. There were 2-3 songs I enjoyed but the rest of it is just a reminder how we as a society have regressed to the point where we've allowed him to stay relevant.

I'd say I enjoyed girl in red's album though. I guess her voice does feel a bit ... idk, but I appreciated the album anyway :gaycat6:

I gave that Vibez song by Zayn a spin and thought it was decently cute... wasn't much else to listen to in January so I gave it a spin and was like well... I should have expected that nnn. Sorry for little girl in red riding hood dragging :gaycat1:

19 hours ago, worldwide angel said:

zayn and justin :bibliahh:

Poor them!

17 hours ago, TRF. said:

These pannings... don't think I disagree with any of them :rip: only thing I would kinda say is I thought Serotonin was cutesy

also agrih abt Katy B, her EP was fine but I'm hoping what she serves on her album is (considerably) better than that

I will let you have that opinion babe re: Serotonononoin!

15 hours ago, TheWayWeWere said:

I hate her tbh :rip: especially since she served some TASTE with her Lockdown EP

omg, yeah I'm so glad she scrapped FITC original album for The Kick :jonny2: new songs>>>

nnn I actually loved P&O tbh :rip: I recently tried to get into Honey again and it aged kinda badly :rip: 

WYP Platinum :alexz: 

Maybe I'll feel the same way, tbh I didn't listen to Honey again in full recently or anything I just think of I Wanna Be and LOVE that one.

15 hours ago, theblackestday said:

Ok period baby. All of these hideous disgusting albums should be eradicated from history

My only disagreement is that Easy is top 3 on the Demi album despite being an adult contemporary ballad featuring Noah Cyrus

Shook at you enjoying Easy but glad we agree otherwise :clap:

13 hours ago, ChapelHooker said:

girl in red was so bad :skull:

jessie :clap3:

The way you're like the only other person in here to dislike girl in red too nnn.

13 hours ago, Moonlightbae said:

Demi's album was great idc idc 

Friends in the Corner was cute and What's Your Pleasure deluxe was amazing :katie2:

You do you boo boo!

13 hours ago, bestfiction said:

I appreciate the bravery to listen these "worst" albums, I managed to avoid all of them aside from Demi :gaydonnacat1:

I really wanted to root for Demi and like this album but it was just too all over the place, they were on the right track with TMYLM, idk what happenned. The artworks for that era were amazing tho

WYP Platinum :clap3:

Literally only like 3 or 4 of them I went into listening to expect them to be that shit :deadbanana: The Tones and I one was much more a morbid curiosity based on the threads shading her.

12 hours ago, dreamofyou said:

DWTDTAOSO has it's moments, but other than that i haven't revisited it since it was released

Ed, Justin and Tones & I ended:clap3::clap3:

Yass the hate :clap3:

12 hours ago, Tinashegrande6 said:

The Justin and Ed lashings :clap3:

I didn't mind Demi's album but equally I didn't find myself revisiting it after a couple of listens.

We love to drag them :clap3:

10 hours ago, Lazuli said:

the TOP album was meh tbh, listened once and didn't bother again (unlike their previous 2 efforts)

serotonin is like one of the good songs on the girl in red album tho sis...

i can't stand demi but i always get drawn into her albums somehow. this one was not too bad but wasn't as strong as her previous ones

tones and i... why did you even bother sis?

WYP?(PPE) is honestly nothing compared to the actual album but pale blue light deserves JUSTICE 

nnn I was so curious to see what that Tones and I album was like after those threads on here DRAGGING her to hell, and I was in the mood to check out a shitty album since I think I'd been on a good to great album streak before.

9 hours ago, BlackoutZone said:

Fair worst albums picks, had a displeasure of listening to most of them and I agree.

Always love to see Katy B or Foxes in best ofs even if they weren't their best of the best projects! Really excited for what Katy brings next, cause with Foxes we know an amazing album is coming :allears: WYP Platinum the excellence Moonlight Edition of FN wishes to be

AHHHHHH I know I love your teasing of The Kick. I'm so excited and I know it'll be on my 2022 list. Wow at you (rightfully) dragging Dua on the rerelease. I'll have some Dua opinion later on my rating... 

6 hours ago, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

I'm so glad i'm not the only one who doesn't like Girl in Red. and the album's dragging? Now we said it!

Zayn was supposed to be releasing c*nt music and become the sexiest Main Pop Boy in our generation but NOPE... i guess the universe just don't want us to have nice things i guess

Justin, Ed, Morgan and Tones and I lashings are the most pleasing to me :foxaylove2:

--

WYP (Platinums) new tracks are all top notch (and honestly better than some of the songs in the OG album). Jessie still got it wow :jonny5:

I haven't listen to Foxes new EP but i guess i'll just wait for the new album to come out nnn

Us completely being in sync on the drags :clap3: Yes please just save your Foxes listening for her album next year nnn. The new songs are SOOOOO good. Just listen to Love Not Loving You if you haven't before since it's flawless.

5 hours ago, madonnas said:

I actually didn't mind the JB and Demi albums, they actually had a couple of good songs each, overall nothing spectacular or noteworthy though.

I wanted so bad to listen to the T&I album just to say I had done it, but I could never bring myself to.  One of the most streamed albums ever though ! 

That was literally why I listened to the Tones and I album nnn and I was bored/curious. The fact it has like... one song with some huge billion number of streams and many other songs with like 50k streams... queen!

5 hours ago, Sunderland 4ever said:

I can't. :ahh: I also remember listening to Girl In Red's album once... just once, and that's fine for me. :cupid:

DRAG HER

5 hours ago, TheWayWeWere said:

Omg, I missed your worst list, reading this and crying out of laugh on my work right now :deadbanana2:

ndskldlskhdlshdls glad to give you a kii sis, I honestly enjoyed it so much last year that even if I discontinue Best Ofs I may forever do a dragging. I didn't go in as hard as last year even if these albums were (mostly) worse than all the worst 2020 albums.

4 hours ago, GreatestLoveofAll said:

I had on clue Tones had an album oh dear. I loved her song "Wont Sleep" at first but...

The lashings for Justice and equals are deserved tbh but i didnt even listen to either of them in full... it just wasnt interesting enough outside Justice's singles and Bad Habits.

No comment on Morgan.

Yeah stay away from Tones nnn

2 hours ago, kiiwii said:

noooo, not the pale waves + girl in red slander :toofunny2: i liked those two. can't believe you listened to morgan wallen's album tho :mandown:

friends in the corner :clap3:

Literally only listened to Morgan's album in January because there was nothing else to listen to :bibliahh:And then months later he's a racist so yay. Didn't even like it back then tho.

2 hours ago, luckystrike said:

cackling at the worst of, all truly terrible, although maybe I'd save Justice cause it at least has a few salvageable songs.

Foxes' EP was cutesy, too basic for her standards, The Kick sounds like a 2022 AOTY tho so im perched. 

Yeah we'll give Justice some credit for a few songs. And the biggest hit from it being the best song is at least a win!

1 hour ago, KasioKas said:

Drag justin it really is a bad album.

But damn the Zayn drag is scathing.

Fully disagree re: Demi though, she took a shot in the dark to be more brutally honest and the sound of the album is a departure from her more pop-esque sound. I liked it!

nnn sorry sis re: Zayn. I know lots of people disagree and love that Demi album so you do you! I just personally really didn't like it. And didn't help with the bad news I got when I was listening lmaooooooo

Edited by Ewan Chaos

Rebecca’s growth :clap3: also listened to Timeabout once and i remember it’s as good but i never revisited, maybe i should  

1 hour ago, Ewan Chaos said:

Comments under the spoiler~

Hide contents

You know, if I had to pick a second favorite track from the album I'd pick Devil Last Night too. So, good taste there.

nnn I'll leave it to my imagination and try to guess which it'll be :eli: Even in the shit we stan the talent of it!

It was early January and there was nothing else new to listen to nnn re: Morgan that was the ONLY reason why. sdklshdkshdisl the Pale Waves drag I screamed, so true though. I literally expected a 1975 clone when I listened and was so confused.

I figured nnnn sorry sis. I think I can guess who as well.

Slay our taste :clap:

I'll give Overhead Pass or whatever it was called a win but not the others imo!

dnsdkjs sorry babe I just am tired of bananis and avocadis bitches!

I gave that Vibez song by Zayn a spin and thought it was decently cute... wasn't much else to listen to in January so I gave it a spin and was like well... I should have expected that nnn. Sorry for little girl in red riding hood dragging :gaycat1:

Poor them!

I will let you have that opinion babe re: Serotonononoin!

Maybe I'll feel the same way, tbh I didn't listen to Honey again in full recently or anything I just think of I Wanna Be and LOVE that one.

Shook at you enjoying Easy but glad we agree otherwise :clap:

The way you're like the only other person in here to dislike girl in red too nnn.

You do you boo boo!

Literally only like 3 or 4 of them I went into listening to expect them to be that shit :deadbanana: The Tones and I one was much more a morbid curiosity based on the threads shading her.

Yass the hate :clap3:

We love to drag them :clap3:

nnn I was so curious to see what that Tones and I album was like after those threads on here DRAGGING her to hell, and I was in the mood to check out a shitty album since I think I'd been on a good to great album streak before.

AHHHHHH I know I love your teasing of The Kick. I'm so excited and I know it'll be on my 2022 list. Wow at you (rightfully) dragging Dua on the rerelease. I'll have some Dua opinion later on my rating... 

Us completely being in sync on the drags :clap3: Yes please just save your Foxes listening for her album next year nnn. The new songs are SOOOOO good. Just listen to Love Not Loving You if you haven't before since it's flawless.

That was literally why I listened to the Tones and I album nnn and I was bored/curious. The fact it has like... one song with some huge billion number of streams and many other songs with like 50k streams... queen!

DRAG HER

ndskldlskhdlshdls glad to give you a kii sis, I honestly enjoyed it so much last year that even if I discontinue Best Ofs I may forever do a dragging. I didn't go in as hard as last year even if these albums were (mostly) worse than all the worst 2020 albums.

Yeah stay away from Tones nnn

Literally only listened to Morgan's album in January because there was nothing else to listen to :bibliahh:And then months later he's a racist so yay. Didn't even like it back then tho.

Yeah we'll give Justice some credit for a few songs. And the biggest hit from it being the best song is at least a win!

nnn sorry sis re: Zayn. I know lots of people disagree and love that Demi album so you do you! I just personally really didn't like it. And didn't help with the bad news I got when I was listening lmaooooooo

I bet you can :santa: considering they appeared on my songs list 

I don’t know any of these but maybe I should give Jazmine a listen :lakitu: I’ve been meaning to get into her

the way i haven't heard any of these:dancehall3: #basicdreamofyou

i feel like i need to listen to Rebecca's EP and Jazmine as i've heard so many good things about Heaux Tales

KKB kinda disappointed me this year tbh nnn, it was a cute EP but I preferred Part 1 :keir:

Yukika's was STUNNING :jonny5: my second favorite kpop release of the year after Aespa (their ep + Next Level are deffo worth checking out!!!)

also loved Bea's, maybe the album was a bit better but this was almost on par

jsdgjfhgds not Tones and I :deadbanana4: I was gonna listen just to pan but I saw it was like 20 songs ffff

don't disagree with anything on the worth album list, of the ones I listened to they were mid 5s or 6s but I liked the girl in red album quite a bit nnn :gaycat6:

Jazmine and Yukika acclaim :jonny5: Queens only!

Rebecca Black going for niche pop music audience then the result is actualy amazing and feels aunthentic :clap3: She finally found the gays, good for her!

I haven't listen to Gallant's new EP and i think i should check it out since i really love his debut album

And also screams at Kero Kero Bonito called it an EP even though it's actually a 3-tracks single :gaycat6: Their next album is going to be soo good since Civilisation II is really solid. Manifesting!

Nice selection of eps here~

Bea, Jazmine, Doss, and Yukika being my faves. All of them had really solid releases glad they're here!

The comma is cuz she’s supposedly doing a trilogy of EPs :eli: related to time… philosophical queen. And you didn’t miss a ton with K-Pop this year anyway, it was pretty weak but Aespa and WJSN had great releases

Yves and Doss were good though Jackie and Strawberry do overshadow the rest a bit for me, they’re just THAT amazing

Great #1 and love to see Beabadoobee here, that EP was pretty underrated!

Edited by Sanguine

Curious to see your thoughts on it! I feel like you wouldn't have anything on the worst list...

Well... I've got some news for you... :rip:

Bounce Man (from t/o/p) was very much a mistake, yup! girl in red's album was cute! and way better than her 'chapter 1' EP. Didn't bother with Justice because I hate JB so much :oh: Don't know much about FITZ but based on what I do know, I feel like his music is too cheesy for me. ZAYN's album was insanely boring, really sad to see the quality of his music continue to slip and slip and slip. = was also "better" than expected, your 2 faves are very accurate :clap3: Demi's album isn't bad, it simply has too many fillers compared to their other releases. Tones and I is a global terrorist for D**ce M**key so well deserved just for that alone! I would never suffer through that shite.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.