• Sunderland 4ever

• BlackoutZone

On 12/9/2021 at 11:52 PM, Ewan Chaos said:

• Worst 10 Albums of 2021

The Way I know a few albums I like will be on here :celestial6:

nnnn lowkey scared about the worst albums list

• ATRL Moderator

:lakitu: perched for worst list... if I see a fave there we'll be talking 

Thanks so much yall :heart: Alright, let's just get right into it and get the worst albums out of the way, shall we? I may also do EP honorable mentions later today if I have time.

Worst Albums of 2021 | 10 - 1

10.) Pale Waves - Who Am I?

This album is basically "Avril Lavigne for boring people." It's not the worst thing I've ever heard, but it's just so... meh. The melodies are cute, but the lyrics can be laughably bad and lots of songs on here are just... there.

Yass: Change, You Don't Own Me

Naur: Odd Ones Out, Easy, Who Am I?

9.) Twenty One Pilots - Scaled and Icy

I've never really listened to TOP outside of their singles, which range from bad to meh to decent. So… they drew me in a bit with Shy Away. That song is a bop and seemed like a cute little change of pace for them. Then I found the time to listen to the full album and WHEW was that a lie! The "rapping" was easily the most embarrassing part of the whole project and the songs with that in them were usually the worst. The last song is unspeakably bad.

Yass: Shy Away, Mulberry Street

Naur: Redecorate, Bounce Man, Choker (literally a good song until the rapping wtf)

8.) Girl in Red - If I Could Make It Go Quiet

I legitimately can't believe this scored higher than Solar Power on Metacritic. This voice is even worse than Halsey's (no I didn't bother listening to her album) and I almost switched it off after the first song. Easily one of the worst songs this year. While the rest of the album does fare better than that, it's more like comparing milk that's 1 month past the expiration date with milk that's 6 months past the expiration date.

Yass: Did You Come?, You Stupid Bitch

Naur: Serotonin, Body and Mind, Apartment 402

7.) Justin Bieber - Justice

I'm tired of this man. I think I would have hated Changes more than this (if I remembered what any of it sounded like), but like… I'm tired of this man! That MLK Interlude makes me want to spit! I appreciate that the second half had some bangers, but overall NO THANK YOU. Don't even get me started on the deluxe...

Yass: Peaches, Somebody

Naur: Lonely, Love You Different, Unstable, THE INTERLUDE

6.) Zayn - Nobody Is Listening

Unfortunately, Zayn, I was. It's just embarrassing that this man's whole schtick is being sexy and yet this was the best he could come up with. I'll give him credit for being alright in that song that Syd saved, but overall just really unnecessary R&B music in a year that had such strong albums in that genre. I mean, it least it wasn't bad like his previous output (I'd still say this is his best album LOL), but I never wanted to return to... really any of these songs.

Yass: When Love's Around, Vibez

Naur: Calamity, Tightrope, Connexion, Outside

5.) Ed Sheeran - Equals (=)

To Ed's credit, this wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. Was it good? No, no, no. I only listened to it because my friend asked me to, and I still haven't given her my opinions on the album out of fear for hurting her feelings. I appreciated that the last song was a random banger tho.

Yass: Overpass Graffiti, Be Right Now

Naur: 2step, Sandman, Leave Your Life, Bad Habits

4.) Demi Lovato - Dancing With the Devil... The Art of Starting Over

I suppose this is going to be my controversial pick this year. I'd say this is the first album on this list that I actively dislike. Plus it doesn't help that I received a rejection from a job I'd been working 2 months to apply and interview for. I have a job again now, NO THANKS TO YOU DEMI. But really, it is mostly just that I think the music sucks that brought this album so low on my list. Which is odd since I don't really actively go out of my way to bash Demi or hate on their music, so it wasn't like this was automatically gonna be low on my list. I had no idea why people were hyping it up so much. Cool album cover at least.

Yass: The Art of Starting Over

Naur: Lonely People, Anyone, Mad World, Easy

3.) Morgan Wallen - Dangerous

I must admit that the whole racism thing made me lower this album more than my initial listen, but I gave it a "revisit" (for like 10min) recently and WHEW most of this is shit. The second album especially is just horrendous, outside of the title track which is a pretty decent song. This man doesn't even deserve a proper dragging. Next!

Yass: Dangerous, 7 Summers

Naur: I'm not sitting down and actively choosing the worst songs from this long ass album LMFAO

2.) FITZ - Head Up High

I've been a casual fan of Fitz and the Tantrums's first two albums that my friend (who just got married back in October) would always play. They were and still are pretty fun albums, the first one especially. The band's been nosediving HARD in quality for years, so I wasn't surprised to listen to this and find it truly horrendous. It's pretty surprising Fitz's solo career was THAT much worse than the band's last album though. Commendable even. I can't even rag on this album too much since the man looks like he's in the middle of going through a mid-life crisis just looking at the album cover. Get well soon, babes.

Yass: Congratulations

Naur: Little Champion, Zig Zag, Head Up High, The List, Jump

1.) Tones and I - Welcome to the Madhouse

What truly, awful, utter garbage this album was. I can't even remember the last time I listened to an album this bad. It'd have been one thing that her voice is the equivalent of her talking "LOIYKE OI COINT LOIET YOIUOU LOIEAVE", it'd have been one thing if the production didn't sound like I was at the world's most terrifying carnival, and it'd have been one thing if the lyrics sucked... yet luckily for all of us, Tones and I rolled all THREE of those flaws into one album! The fact that the worst song is the last one, and like that song is BAD, like made my ears ring in pain, and it's the one she dedicated to her close friend that passed away... See and then, and then I can't even bash it. Like you can't, like, EUGH! What is this world that we live in?

Yass: n/a

Naur: Bars, Child's Play, Lonely, Just a Mess, You Don't Know My Name

Comments under the spoiler~

Spoiler

On 12/9/2021 at 9:55 PM, TalkThatRihanna said:

I remember liking your picks last year! Perched

XtzA5qu.gif

Ditto luv xo

On 12/9/2021 at 9:59 PM, Wicked said:

Pulled up. 

luv u

On 12/9/2021 at 10:07 PM, Tom Vercetti said:

interested in this ofc 

The king is gracing me with his presence 

On 12/9/2021 at 10:12 PM, Post Malone said:

Ready for Marina to be #1 everywhere

XtzA5qu.gif

You may be surprised... maybe

XtzA5qu.gif

On 12/9/2021 at 10:22 PM, TRF. said:

Slé

83oPHRm.gif

There is one specific album on my best list you will appreciate

83oPHRm.gif

On 12/9/2021 at 10:23 PM, Cloröx said:

Perched for worst list (solar power) :eli:

nnn not quite babes, but I'll have something to say about that album for sure...

On 12/9/2021 at 10:30 PM, Legend E said:

Impossible or Eyes Closed for #1 :santa: 

It's a likely possibility! :santa:

On 12/9/2021 at 10:38 PM, theblackestday said:

A sellout. I respect that

dsihdsio sometimes you just gotta follow the pack!

On 12/9/2021 at 11:16 PM, SLIME said:

Ready for the chaos

billie-is-fucking-OVER.thumb.gif.5feae33

Every year babes every year

On 12/9/2021 at 11:23 PM, hofork said:

sell out era? more like sold out show!!

:heart: luv ya kiss kiss

On 12/10/2021 at 12:26 AM, ChapelHooker said:

am here

XtzA5qu.gif

FINALLY

XtzA5qu.gif

On 12/10/2021 at 1:39 AM, BlackoutZone said:

One of my favorites :WAP:

STAHP the feeling is mutual :heart:

On 12/10/2021 at 1:49 AM, bestfiction said:

Hey

XtzA5qu.gif

Hey Roisin stan and overall legend thanks for stopping by!

XtzA5qu.gif

On 12/10/2021 at 3:14 AM, Insanity said:

I always find new material in your best of ready to see it :celestial6:

I hope you'll find some good underrated stuff! I apologize in advance since I'm sure one or two albums on my worst list you liked nnn

On 12/10/2021 at 4:12 AM, World Eater said:

A to the Z dance to the Ewan beat dance to the Ewan beat

We dance to the beat /Robyn

On 12/10/2021 at 5:07 AM, Moonlightbae said:

I liked your list from last year iirc.. perched

Thanks babe, appreciate your following xo

On 12/10/2021 at 5:15 AM, Sunderland 4ever said:

You lucky 7th YECD > my unlucky 13th YECD

:dancehall2:

I mean this year's been a bit shit imo so I don't think my list is too exciting! But we'll see, thanks for commenting :heart2:

On 12/10/2021 at 7:08 AM, Lazuli said:

always one of the most unique lists that never finishes :eli: yknow i'm perched as usual

EXCUSE ME I think I finished last year! Tho it was because I was unemployed and had the time LMFAO. Thanks luv :heart:

On 12/10/2021 at 7:45 AM, Eeveelution said:

:lakitu:

My liege thank you for gracing me with your presence

On 12/10/2021 at 8:12 AM, Pink Matter said:

Perched love :duck: 

AHH can't wait to follow yours if you do one this year too!

On 12/10/2021 at 10:01 AM, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:
  • Worst 10 Albums of 2021

YES! BRING IT!

XtzA5qu.gif

On 12/10/2021 at 10:59 AM, Remmy said:

Welcome to the 10+ year club :celestial2: Ready for your lists as always! Extra curious about your Worst Albums this year.

Curious to see your thoughts on it! I feel like you wouldn't have anything on the worst list...

On 12/10/2021 at 11:03 AM, dreamofyou said:

i remember you having great taste last year, no doubt it'll be the same again

83oPHRm.gif

Ahhh so sweet xo

On 12/11/2021 at 2:49 AM, TheWayWeWere said:

you're always one of my favorites during BOs :flower:

LOVE YOU TOO every year I'm always like "fellow Clare Maguire stan!" and the good sis still hasn't given us a follow up in 5 years nfslkhdsklds

On 12/11/2021 at 5:12 AM, dangerousalex said:

excited + perched for the worst albums list!

XtzA5qu.gif

You'll be happy to see your fave is not on the worst list!

XtzA5qu.gif

On 12/11/2021 at 4:03 PM, MP2K said:

i'm here king

Always happy to see you, angel

XtzA5qu.gif

On 12/11/2021 at 4:05 PM, worldwide angel said:

nnnn lowkey scared about the worst albums list

I don't think I have any controversial picks this year! Maybe...

5 hours ago, Tsareena said:

:lakitu: perched for worst list... if I see a fave there we'll be talking 

I don't think you'll have any loves in my worst list... but lemme know and we can fight 

XtzA5qu.gif

just I met the devil last night alone made me like Demi's album! but I admit there were more fillers then bops!

Some of these albums definitely deserved to be here, but one of these might be on my Best Albums list :eli:

Also me having the same favorites as you for Demi, Morgan, Ed and Bieber :WAP:

Oh these are quite bad yes

First I applaud you for having the patience for Morgan Wallen's, I didn't even bother. Pale Waves' album title is funny because they clearly have no idea :rip: the way they wanted to be The 1975 and now Avril. Lots of talentless people in the middle :lakitu: Idk what happened with Demi, her streak of awful songs in 2020 was pretty rough to witness too nnnn. And can't be mad at the #1 although I don't hate her as much as most people do

The anti-Girl in Red propaganda hasn't worked on me the songs are too catchy

2 of your worst are on my top 10 

Edited by Insanity

Haven't heard Equals in full, but it really has some catchy singles :pancake:

48 minutes ago, Insanity said:

2 of your worst are on my top 10 

Bieber :gaycat2:

The Girl in Red slander is not cute :gaycat6:

Great selection of worsts jfjfsl

I didn't even bother with Zayn because there's certain artists out there where I just know its not worth it (Tones is another one!!) Justin's was atrocious. There were 2-3 songs I enjoyed but the rest of it is just a reminder how we as a society have regressed to the point where we've allowed him to stay relevant.

I'd say I enjoyed girl in red's album though. I guess her voice does feel a bit ... idk, but I appreciated the album anyway :gaycat6:

Alright, I'm just gonna get those EP honorable mentions done now and respond to comments/other Best Ofs again tomorrow. Tomorrow should be the full list of my top EPs and then probably album honorable mentions too! I've shuffled the order of the songs on my top list in case they spoil what song would be on my top songs list teehee.

Best EPs of 2021 | Honorable Mentions

HM.) Foxes - Friends in the Corner

Thank fuck she scrapped whatever this was meant to be and her new album is in the vein of what's to come with The Kick. Keeping this in as an honorable mention for Love Not Loving You alone (and Friends in the Corner, it made me very emotional in COVID times). The new songs were pretty cute, at least Kathleen and Dance.

Yass: Friends in the Corner, Love Not Loving You, Dance

Naur: Woman, Courage

HM.) Katy B - Peace and Offerings

I was pleasantly surprised by this EP based on the reactions, but still… certainly not as good as her first two LPs and honestly probably not even better than Honey. Oh well, at least she's back. I can see her really bring it for her next album, assuming she ends up making one.

Yass: Open Wound, In Your Room, Daydreaming on a Tuesday

Naur: Aftermath

HM.) pronoun - OMG I Made It

I have similar opinions about Beabadoobee's EP as I do this one. As an EP, it was a good and pleasant surprise that would fit in quite well with their respective debut albums, but isn't quite as good as those albums.

Yass: I'm Right Back In It, I Wanna Die But I Can't, Sound the Alarms

Naur: n/a

HM.) Kishi Bashi - Emigrant

This is a good EP that is dragged down by two unnecessary covers. The Regina cover ESPECIALLY is like... irredeemable. No clue what he was thinking including them. But again, the other songs on this EP being as good as they are makes up for it. Mostly.

Yass: Wait for Springtime, Those Days Are Gone, Town of Pray

Naur: Laughing With

HM.) Jessie Ware - What's Your Pleasure? (Platinum Pleasure Edition)

It didn't feel right putting this as my top EP since it's not TRULY an EP and it'd be nice to let other EPs shine... but if I decided to include this into the mix, it'd 100% be at the top spot lmao. Look out for a track from this on the top songs list!

Yass: Impossible, Eyes Closed, Hot N Heavy, Pale Blue Light

Naur: n/a

These pannings... don't think I disagree with any of them :rip: only thing I would kinda say is I thought Serotonin was cutesy

also agrih abt Katy B, her EP was fine but I'm hoping what she serves on her album is (considerably) better than that

6 hours ago, Ewan Chaos said:

LOVE YOU TOO every year I'm always like "fellow Clare Maguire stan!" and the good sis still hasn't given us a follow up in 5 years nfslkhdsklds

I hate her tbh :rip: especially since she served some TASTE with her Lockdown EP

omg, yeah I'm so glad she scrapped FITC original album for The Kick :jonny2: new songs>>>

nnn I actually loved P&O tbh :rip: I recently tried to get into Honey again and it aged kinda badly :rip: 

WYP Platinum :alexz: 

Ok period baby. All of these hideous disgusting albums should be eradicated from history

My only disagreement is that Easy is top 3 on the Demi album despite being an adult contemporary ballad featuring Noah Cyrus

Demi's album was great idc idc 

Friends in the Corner was cute and What's Your Pleasure deluxe was amazing :katie2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.