Ewan Chaos's Best of 2021! | Albums 5-1 + Songs 10-1

Ewan Chaos

COCC... i only use the title track from that album :mandown:

CHAI's + Wolf Alice's albums were cute :jamming:

insomnia +jackie + personal :worship: that Jayda G song sounds fun too, lemme add it.

tinashe's album :clap3: a grower for me. 

Edited by kiiwii

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ewan Chaos

• TheWayWeWere

• Sunderland 4ever

• Lazuli

• ATRL Moderator

COCC is SO underrated. 333 is also great!

Barely Alive is so sad :'( 

Here we are here we go most of this update is for the indie heaux

Best Albums of 2021 | 20 - 16

20.) Royce Wood Junior - No Two Blue Ticks

This is probably my most "WHO?!" album on here. It's a bit of a mix of pop and R&B and this dude, Royce Wood Junior, has produced a decent amount of work with some musicians yall may like, particularly NAO (NAO herself features on gorgeous backing vocals here on Honey'd Up). I like his first album more than this one, but I think the extra aspects of this album truly make it a highlight of a record. Certainly makes it feel more cohesive. And the funky bops BABE, YES.

Yass: Eiderdown, Slush, Honey'd Up, Too Early to Say, Slide

Naur: Penarth St.

19.) Mr Twin Sister - Al Mundo Azul

I've liked Mr Twin Sister for a few years now and as much as I've loved their funky little jams, nothing really HIT me as much as their 10/10 song Power of Two. Nothing on this record touches that either... however, the band decided to go in a bit more of an upbeat direction with this record and it totally works for them. And thankfully, they don't lose the GROOVE that made them enjoyable from the start either.

Yass: Expressions, Despoil, Beezle, Youth Obsessed, Carmen, Polvo, Ballarino

Naur: n/a

18.) Genesis Owusu - Smiling With No Teeth

I wish I'd given this record a spin earlier in the year because I had been WAITING for an album like this for a while. Definitely one of my favorite male releases of the year, both for the bangers of the songs on here and the lyrical content. Very very good.

Yass: The Other Black Dog, Whip Cracker, No Looking Back, Drown

17.) Pearl Charles - Magic Mirror

One of the first albums of the year that I fell in love with and stuck with me. Yet again, alt-country ladies win this year! I think this is really well-written and a great album. The first song easily trumps the rest of the album tho, even as a non "country" song, but we'll touch upon that later :mandown:

Yass: Only for Tonight, Imposter, As Long As You're Mine, Sweet Sunshine Wine, Slipping Away, Magic Mirror

16.) Kacey Musgraves - Star-Crossed

First of all, End lowercased song/album titles omfg AND THE SONG with a TWO-dot ellipsis, a nightmare... literally a nightmare. Second, yeah yeah, not as good as Golden Hour, blah blah. Was anything gonna be? Yes I know the heehaw stans are gonna say "HER FIRST TWO ALBUMS WERE BETTER" well guess what I haven't heard them! At least not yet, I should get into them before I see her live in February. Most positive reception of this album covers my thought here so I'll also use this space to YELL AT YALL FOR SHADING THERE IS A LIGHT do yall just hate flutes?! Do yall just hate happy songs?! GET OUT.

Yass: Good Wife, There Is A Light, Cherry Blossom, Breadwinner, Star-Crossed, Justified, Camera Roll

Naur: Angel

Best Songs of 2021 | 40 - 31

40.) Tyler, the Creator - Sweet / I Thought You Wanted to Dance

Me when I was listening and realized he was talking about being in love with a girl and not a dude:

britney-spears-ryan.gif

39.) Lana Del Rey - Sweet Carolina

I did initially want to put White Dress or COCC as my top Lana pick, but since COCC is on my album list & BB isn't, I wanted to give Blue Bannisters a little love. This song is just... so fucking sweet. The way you can feel this was a "family" song, and the fact that they even have a little inside joke in there "fuck you Kevin" which is HILARIOUS. So good. Ooh the way she sings BABY BLLUEUEUEUUUEUEEES! AHHH. WE LOVE YOU!

38.) Twin Shadow - Sugarcane

Another sugary, sweet, smooth song. Little psychedelia on this one too, which suits the guitar on the song and his voice. This song's been drilled into my head since I heard it.

37.) Roosevelt - Lovers

My favorite song from this album is actually Echoes, but that was on my list last year. Lovers is a close second, another sweet (theme for this update I suppose?) and bubbly track that just makes me happy.

36.) Smile, Robyn - Call My Name

Did you know Robyn released a song with some... band... person... thing named Smile this year? Well, now you do! Don't go into this expecting a sad electro-banger, because this track invented The Beatles (who the fuck are The Beatles?!) with it's sweeter acoustic production. Robyn sounds FANTASTIC here, especially in the chorus. When she adds those ad-libs towards the end and the band/person/thing joins in with backing vocals it's hard for me not to feel like I'm in the brightest, sunshine weather.

35.) WILLOW, Travis Barker - Transparent Soul

Daughter of the iRobot songstress snapped here! This deserved to be a mega hit, fantastic punk-pop music that Avril has apparently decided to stop giving us for like 10 years now!!! Okay her last song was fun, but anyway, as good as the chorus is of this one I feel like the verses really give this WILLOW's own touch with her smooth vocals. She probably kinda hates she has silky smooth vocals like that and wishes she was more rocker huh?

34.) Royce Wood Junior - Eiderdown

This random guy yall don't know is back! This is the funkiest, thus the best, song on his album. I am quite a sucker for lyrics that are like "we're all going crazy we just need to learn to love again." I'm just a sap like that okay?!

33.) beabadoobee - Last Day On Earth

I only recently learned (from someone's Best Of) that Matt Healies was a backing vocalist on this! Very fitting. I just adore that this could easily be used as the opening song for a Hillary Duff early 2000s teenage romance as she's walking to her school building with the opening credits showing alongside her as her friends all start to meet up with her. I mean that scatting chorus, come ON, that's SO early 2000s. Make a note, Lorde, if this is what you wanna do to emulate the 2000s!

32.) Spellling - Always

I've found this song to be insanely underrated from Spellling's album when I see people talking about album tracks (granted, you can't pick a wrong song to highlight from this amazing album). Always, for me, was the one that just immediately made my eyes start to widen as I listened intensely from the first "pleeeeeeease" like the way she's pleading like that... how can I not? The backing vocals, THE HORNS AT THE END JDLIKSHILHISHISOH!!!!

31.) Porter Robinson - Musician

As I said in the album write-up, Porter induces nostalgia to the listener to make you feel more tuned in to his world. Musician is the best note of this, it just sounds like a lost video game song that you just can't quite recall from your childhood. And the chorus eeeeeeeeeee. The lyrics are really pretty too (and the "well it's easy to be a musician" line, really funny), probably my favorite line being the probably earnest self-reflection "I shouldn't do this to myself..." he says in a slower, slightly different tone from the rest of the song, before a musical breakdown. Not quite relatable since I've not attempted to become a musician myself, but there's certainly choices in my life that I've made that people were like "uhhhh" and then I PROVED THEM WRONG by being where I am today. You tell 'em, Porter.

Comments below the spoiler~

Spoiler

On 12/19/2021 at 4:13 PM, Remmy said:

Chemtrails is fine, the superior 2021 release from Lana. White Dress doesn't do it for me, very unpopular opinion! Yosemite + Not All Who Wander :smitten: Dance Till We Die is also nice. "I used to be a OLH before NFR nnn." Meanwhile I've been kinda bored with her ever SINCE NFR. :oh: || Take My Breath :jamming: If this was on After Hours it would likely round out my top 5, yeah. Front Tooth :eddie: Should've picked SYLO though! Replay (Remix) yesss! Replay is a close 2nd place on both tracklists (behind ROM and Free Woman's remix, respectively.)

Yeah it was pretty camp! :fan: Period x2!

Interesting, I think most original Lana stans from BTD have hated her since NFR nnn so fair enough. Knew you'd shade my Front Tooth pick!

On 12/19/2021 at 4:21 PM, theblackestday said:

JeS7BsO.gif

I am not entertaining this Tulsa Jesus Freak slander :biblio: You should stay real close to Jesus, Ewan.

You should listen to Wolf Alice's debut album if you have yet to do so, one of my favorite albums ever

Wink was nice and Mood Valiant is great

As for the songs, pretty much great batch all the way! Talent etc.

cslkcslkhdlshdlshdls you are too damn funny sis. JESIS IS DEAD. Let me adding their debut to my list of albums to check out!

On 12/19/2021 at 4:43 PM, witness1.3 said:

Agreed with everything you said about COCC lol.

I like Take My Breath but honestly grew old for me pretty fast

I don't think it helped that he dropped it, vanished, and still hasn't even released an additional crumb of what's to come lmao.

On 12/19/2021 at 5:29 PM, TalkThatRihanna said:

Nurture stanning :jonny:

Montero, Have Mercy, Good Wife, and Replay Remix stanning :jonny:

Not that Lana album making the cut :gaycat6:

And the Nurture stanning didn't end there! nnn DRAG LANER!

On 12/19/2021 at 8:09 PM, SLIME said:

Ya COCC ended up a lot better than I thought/feared. TMB didn't have the same staying power for me as the best Hours songs but production still went off. Yves came thru with some firepower and I enjoyed Sleigh Bells return more than expected as well, love that band! And hole up let me work backwards thru what I've missed, nice picks on this page overall.

Lana's brain is probably rotted (see question for the culture) I fear but at least COCC was good!

On 12/19/2021 at 10:23 PM, OreGuy said:

I love all my faves releases this year getting recognition :jonny5: Loved hearing about the Replay reaction specifically :fan:

YAS glad we can stan together!

22 hours ago, theblackestday said:

The Tinashe praise MpAD8tF.gif they switch like F words

Yes, you better listen the rest of her discography asap oDM1MGy.gif

I'll consider it oDM1MGy.gif

21 hours ago, Brandon said:

??? ?????? :clap:

He snapped!

19 hours ago, dreamofyou said:

chemtrails' naur being tulsa jesus freak:biblionny:

Why do so many people like this song LMAO

18 hours ago, Yvess said:

OH MY GOOOOOODDDD. IMPECCABLE TASTE DETECTED

STANNNNNN and your NAME yaaaaaas

18 hours ago, Lazuli said:

the first line of your cumtrails writeup HITS :mandown: 

blue weekend blew me away too :clap3: lipstick on the glass is a good choice

take my breath sucks idk why people like it :skull: so derivative and basic

red flag flies :rockon:

bruja a BANGER

Not Cumtrails I- Not you dragging ABEL!

15 hours ago, BlackoutZone said:

Oh the pace bitch let me catch up

YOU know I love so many songs from both batches, mirroring my best of truly, can always count on you!

Saddened to see Tulsa Jesus Being in NAUR when it's the best song actually... I was ready to fight for Shy Guy too, but you are right it's just short and it begs for MORE.

I will definitely check out CHAI - WINK from these, the cover is very captivating and I've seen it on a few lists already. If it matches your genres checkboxes it should match mine too!

Oh yes definitely think you'll at least enjoy CHAI a bit.

15 hours ago, TheWayWeWere said:

Blue Weekend, 333, Chemtrails :clap3: I never actually listened to Wolf Alice prior this year, but I'm fucking slayed, it's such a standout

24 Hours is such a pop perfection :clap3: I love more agressive disco :eli: 

Lipstick on the Glass :smitten: 

Bussifame :flame: 

I guess we've been missing out from not listening to Wolf Alice before!

15 hours ago, Tinashegrande6 said:

Oh wow the switching on Tinashe :clap3: Nice best picks too! Shy guy a snooze wbk, the perfect length would've been 0:00 :mandown:

24 hours is a classic, I'm honestly mad I forgot to include it on my own list :gaycat6:

Your fave had a GRIP on me this year, and not you shading your own FAVE!

12 hours ago, Hug said:

If there's gonna only be one K-Pop song, Insomnia is not a bad choice at all!~ One of my Yukika faves personally!

Also...yes, it's about time for people to come around to Tinashe. She did not work her ass off to become a whole package just to CONTINUE to be slept on. Yes she sings, yes she dances, yes she creates SMASH music videos...yes she does it ALL independently. I'm struggling to think of a better woman!

SLAY MY TASTE then! nn you know what you're starting to make me want to stan...

12 hours ago, Mr. Loco said:

Take my breath is cute but not as great as most singles from After hours tbh... I'm still anticipating his next album tho :hippo:

I mean fair, Blinding Lights & Save Your Tears will not be topped (nor Too Late).

10 hours ago, Pink Matter said:

Naur not you being an OTH even though you've never listened to her music till now :skull: Her power though!. If you like 333, then you'll more than likely enjoy her other albums too (I'd just start with Aquarius-->Nightride-->SFY then try Joyride at your own risk).

Also not Shy Guy being naur when Pasadena is right there :gaycat6: 

+ Tyler, Little Simz, and Lana :clap3: 

Honestly LMLYLAW was such a boner killer :gaycat6: but TJF is great :biblio: 

JMSN and Rochelle :clap3: 

It was just too fun to shade her babe, no one else was! Noted on how to check out her next albums, I'm SURE I had a stage where Aquarius was on my to check out album list since I remember a lot of stanning back in 2014 on here. nnn Pasadena prob would have been my next lowest.

9 hours ago, Sunderland 4ever said:

Hey, not bad to see this one

It's my favorite off her record for the same reasons as yours. Rose Water making the Top 50. :katie2:

WHEW your taste!

7 hours ago, Remmy said:

Faye's album was alright, preferred AMC and plenty of songs felt too similar again. ADwaBP was cute from what I remember, and Cheers was a good change of pace. Only loved about half of Confidence Man's debut but those highs were HIIIIIGH! ...While Holiday is a loooow :frown: Incredibly shocked to hear that you paid Tinashe dust before 333, oh wow oh wow. Aquarius/Songs for You/333 is my trinity, Joyride is a skip, the rest are mixtapes so they're not really required listening. Your yass list is really great except for Unconditional :lakitu:

Awwww not Holiday shade! Wondering if you liked First Class Bitch more...

4 hours ago, kiiwii said:

COCC... i only use the title track from that album :mandown:

CHAI's + Wolf Alice's albums were cute :jamming:

insomnia +jackie + personal :worship: that Jayda G song sounds fun too, lemme add it.

tinashe's album :clap3: a grower for me. 

Well, the title track is fantastic, so that's a fair track to take from it!

4 hours ago, D/X said:

I need to listen in full to the Sleigh Bells album :jonny:

Also completely missed that tune-yards released this year. :skull:

It's quite good! As is Tune Yards after I've been shitting on them for like 8 years straight with that album with the fruit rollup as an album cover!

3 hours ago, Legend E said:

COCC is SO underrated. 333 is also great!

Barely Alive is so sad :'( 

So sad but SUCH a perfect way to start the album!

Last Day On Earth + t r a n s p a r e n t s o u l :heart:

STAR CROSSED!!!!!! Such a same it was a nonfactor even for the gays :sosad:it deserves better

transparent soul <3

star-crossed is her weakest album and it's the truth :mandown: there is a light is meh and angel is NOT a naur sis! 

interesting lana song choice tho! 

Star-crossed winning we love to see it and you are fully right, There is a light is a highlight and the production is great, the flute is whimsical!

Interesting picks from Tyler and Lana :lakitu:

8 hours ago, Ewan Chaos said:

First of all, End lowercased song/album titles omfg AND THE SONG with a TWO-dot ellipsis, a nightmare... literally a nightmare

i'm screaming :deadbanana4: I love you :jonny2: 

it was actually good, I expected a little bit more considering budget and visuals, but welp

Transparent Soul praise :jonny5: 

welp, not me missing Robyn release this year :deadbanana2:

• ATRL Moderator

AND THE SONG with a TWO-dot ellipsis, a nightmare

dvervrbbrt; :bibliahh: 

Anyway, glad to see SC getting some love here! It's so over hated! :weeps: 

16 hours ago, Ewan Chaos said:

19.) Mr Twin Sister - Al Mundo Azul

I didn't know they had released something new this year. :jonny5:  Their 2014 record was great.

Wow, you placed Kacey's album very high on your list. It's my least record from her, though the previous one were really top-notch.

Lovers and Always :clap3:

starcrossed def had some cute tracks, Idk the singer very much but didn't hate it

star-crossed was cute. A step down from Golden Hour for sure. I'm fine with lowercase titles but the 2-dot elipsis has always bothered me too :ahh: there is a light has been one of my favorites since day 1! Your yass list is great except I'd replace breadwinner and justified w/ simple times and easier said. Pearl Charles sounds nice, gonna check out that album at some point :jamming: Peeked at the other 3 and there's elements I like about each artists but not really enough to completely hook me in :sad: || Don't remember Sweet Carolina so I have to assume I'm not in love with it nnn, just glad you didn't pick White Dress! Oooh I'm gonna get into Roosevelt soon. I was not aware of this Robyn fact :fan: t r a n s p a r e n t s o u l  is cute, just wish it sounded cleaner. Was hoping for something stronger when I heard WILLOW was getting into rock.

little simz and yola :jonny5:

chemtanks :clap3:  she's no blue banisters but she's a server

Let's see if we can keep this up and aim to finish on Thursday!

Best Albums of 2021 | 15 - 11

15.) Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever

I didn't know how to explain it, but when Your Power came out and she announced the album, I just had a feeling Billie was going release her best album so far. Which was odd, because it wasn't like Your Power was my favorite song or anything, and everyone was crying about her dropping off and whatever. So I'm glad that when people speak about the album now they KNOW that it's way better than her debut! Fun exploration outside of her usual sound with songs like Billie Bossa Nova and dialing her usual sound from 1 to 1000 with songs like Oxytocin really captivate me. Don't even get me started on the title track.

Yass: Happier Than Ever, Oxytocin, Goldwing, Billie Bossa Nova, I Didn't Change My Number, NDA

Naur: Therefore I Am

14.) Hayley Williams - Flowers for Vases / DESCANSOS

I totally understand why so many people prefer this over Petals for Armor, but at the same time, if you have this opinion you're wrong. Sorry! But damn, the good sis was NOT over the feelings she thought she was from Petals for Armor. Which is understandable, poor girl and her bandmates have been through quite a bit! The album can feel a little one note, but I don't truly agree with that! My Limb is a fun little bop, Over Those Hills is her Animal Crossing hourly music serve, Inordinary is gorgeous way of telling the story of her life, and Just a Lover, that EXPLOSIVE finale!

Yass: First Thing to Go, Just a Lover, Good Grief, Wait On, My Limb, Asystole, Over Those Hills, Inordinary

Naur: Descansos

13.) Roosevelt - Polydans

I ADORED Roosevelt's self-titled debut that came out in 2016, and was worried he was falling off a little with his sophomore. When he started releasing singles for this album towards the end of 2020, I was really impressed, especially with Echoes, and looking forward for what was next to come. He did NOT disappoint on the whole album! Echoes and Forget expand on the sonic landscape of his debut, songs like Feels Right and See You Again are snapshots into what his sophomore could have looked like if he gave the songs more time, and songs like Lovers feel new, fresh, and fun. If you just want constant bangers (especially now that I guess most of us will be stuck at home for a while?) for a little at-home party, look no further than this reocrd.

Yass: Echoes, Lovers, Feels Right, See You Again, Closer to My Heart, Forget

12.) The Weather Station - Ignorance

This was my AOTY from like, January-April, so it's kinda sad to see it miss the top 10. But at the same time, as much as I enjoy the album STILL… it also kinda highlights how fucking dry Q1 was. There aren't many ways I can explain how much I like this record but it's just so... full of light and life in an effortless way.

Yass: Tried to Tell You, Atlantic, Robber, Heart, Separated, Parking Lot

11.) Japanese Breakfast - Jubilee

And just, just missing the top 10 is the lovely Japanese Breakfast. I was really caught off guard by this record, since I did like her last album but not as much as this! I love how summery the album is; I think I'll be playing this a lot in the warmer seasons in the future. FANTASTIC closer.

Yass: Be Sweet, Posing in Bondage, Posing for Cars, Slide Tackle, Kokomo IN, Paprika

Best Songs of 2021 | 30 - 21

30.) GFOTY - Brand New Bra

She kinda ruined music with this album but I liked it. There's always some cheeky, OTT, wild song that comes out every year that I fall in love with and force my friends to listen to so I can laugh about it. The chorus is so fucking funny.

29.) Hatchie - This Enchanted

I've always found Hatchie to be pretty overrated on here. I didn't bother with her EP and her album was pretty boring outside of one or two songs? So when I gave this a listen, fucking hell I was BLOWN AWAY by the pop excellence! Did not expect the good sis to snap like that. Really hoping for a new album in a similar vein next year.

28.) Pearl Charles - Only For Tonight

It's kinda funny on an alt-country album like this, the disco banger is my favorite song nnn even tho there are loads of songs on the album I adore, don't get me wrong! And no shade to ABBA when I say this, but this sounds leagues better than anything on their album this year, even if it's a Dancing Queen carbon copy.

27.) Parcels - Comingback

The album doesn't show up on my list, but it's kinda underrated as far as a double record goes! This song is my favorite, not just because it's a bop, but because the lyrics are just so painfully true of what 2020 was for me. "This year's been out of control, persevere till we find our way home, keep coming back for more and more" well don't worry lads we made it! -awkwardly laughs in Omicron variant-

26.) BROODS - Piece Of My Mind

I'm quite impressed that this band seems to continue to get better and better with each album! When Peach came out, they totally snapped and it was their best debut album at the time. And now that Piece Of My Mind is out, oh my GOSH this is a warbly synth-pop masterpiece! One of the best choruses of the year.

25.) Allie X - GLAM!

I was really into this song when it came out after really not liking Cape Cod (or whatever) and was unsurprised to find that this is a song from her Collxtion I era. Poor thing really fell off (sorry to her stans). Shimmery pop BLISS.

24.) Gallant - Comeback

The first single to Gallant's EP. At the time, it seemed like it could have just been a one-off single, so it was a great thing to learn this was tied to a full project. This song continues to be my favorite because, and I mean this in the best way possible, he is TRULY emulating Usher here. He sounds so much more restrained than usual, but almost more emotional. The little switch-up in the outro is fun too!

23.) Basside, SOPHIE - FUCK IT UP

Of course SOPHIE is going to get a shout-out on my list. RIP you legend. This filthy, raunchy song (and really the whole EP) gives me "Broad City" the song/EP, which I just love. The ladies really take HOLD of their own verses, but the chorus that SOPHIE blinks and bloops along to with the "FUCK IT UP" is so fun. Great song to blast in the car.

22.) Caroline Polachek - Bunny Is A Rider

Y'all: Can you tell me what your relationship with Caroline Polachek is?

Me: ... :) I'm Ms. Polachek's right-hand arm. MAN. :) I'm Ms. Polachek, everything. I'm her confidant. Her best friend. Her bunny rider.

Y'all: Her WHAT?!

Me: Her bunny rider.

Y'all: Her bunny rider?

Me: Yes.

Y'all: Is that what she calls you?

Me: No. :) 

21.) MUNA, Phoebe Bridgers - Silk Chiffon

The wee lesbians went OFF on this one! MUNA's catalogue seems to be filled with sad, sorrow-filled lyrics atop of slightly heavier and synth-driven songs, so it's really fun to see them going into a happy, love-filled half-acoustic half-stadium rock BANGER like this. Phoebe kinda snaps a lot when she's featured on songs (like that Ethan Gruska song), and this is a cute little change of pace for her too which is so cute!

Comments under the spoiler~

Spoiler

22 hours ago, JGibson said:

Last Day On Earth + t r a n s p a r e n t s o u l :heart:

TWO MEGA BOPS

21 hours ago, OreGuy said:

STAR CROSSED!!!!!! Such a same it was a nonfactor even for the gays :sosad:it deserves better

Totally agree! I do get it tho honestly.

18 hours ago, dreamofyou said:

fuck u kevin:clap3:

star-crossed..:clap3:

Stupid boyfriend. NOT YOU USING THE TWO-DOT ELIPSES

18 hours ago, Sempiternal said:

transparent soul <3

A BOP! Willow snapped!

16 hours ago, Lazuli said:

star-crossed is her weakest album and it's the truth :mandown: there is a light is meh and angel is NOT a naur sis! 

interesting lana song choice tho! 

I mean I've only heard it and Golden Hour, so for me I'd say the same! I'm very interesting babes!

14 hours ago, BlackoutZone said:

Star-crossed winning we love to see it and you are fully right, There is a light is a highlight and the production is great, the flute is whimsical!

Interesting picks from Tyler and Lana :lakitu:

I'm actually really surprised not to see much love for that Tyler song... do people not care for his longer songs?! I knew Sweet Carolina would be an underrated pick nnn

14 hours ago, TheWayWeWere said:

i'm screaming :deadbanana4: I love you :jonny2: 

it was actually good, I expected a little bit more considering budget and visuals, but welp

Transparent Soul praise :jonny5: 

welp, not me missing Robyn release this year :deadbanana2:

Lowkey she deserves the panning for the stylization of the album. The Robyn song is cute! 

10 hours ago, Brandon said:

???? ??? ?? ????? :clap:

BOP

8 hours ago, Legend E said:

dvervrbbrt; :bibliahh: 

Anyway, glad to see SC getting some love here! It's so over hated! :weeps: 

Totally agree!

6 hours ago, Sunderland 4ever said:

I didn't know they had released something new this year. :jonny5:  Their 2014 record was great.

Wow, you placed Kacey's album very high on your list. It's my least record from her, though the previous one were really top-notch.

Lovers and Always :clap3:

YES I think you'd really like it! Whew your song faves, slay

6 hours ago, KasioKas said:

starcrossed def had some cute tracks, Idk the singer very much but didn't hate it

You may like Golden Hour more, but only if you can stand a bit of country!

4 hours ago, Remmy said:

star-crossed was cute. A step down from Golden Hour for sure. I'm fine with lowercase titles but the 2-dot elipsis has always bothered me too :ahh: there is a light has been one of my favorites since day 1! Your yass list is great except I'd replace breadwinner and justified w/ simple times and easier said. Pearl Charles sounds nice, gonna check out that album at some point :jamming: Peeked at the other 3 and there's elements I like about each artists but not really enough to completely hook me in :sad: || Don't remember Sweet Carolina so I have to assume I'm not in love with it nnn, just glad you didn't pick White Dress! Oooh I'm gonna get into Roosevelt soon. I was not aware of this Robyn fact :fan: t r a n s p a r e n t s o u l  is cute, just wish it sounded cleaner. Was hoping for something stronger when I heard WILLOW was getting into rock.

I like Simple Times a lot too! Yeah of the people on my list I think you'd only like Pearl Charles nnn even though the other 3 are fantastic as well.

52 minutes ago, worldwide angel said:

little simz and yola :jonny5:

chemtanks :clap3:  she's no blue banisters but she's a server

Oh wow probably the only person in Best Ofs I've seen outrank BB from COCC nnn

CLOSE THIS NOW :jonny: Happier Than Ever and Jubilee getting this high aaahhh we love to see it :jonny5:

And Bunny is a rider showing up too :clap3:

I didn’t like Star-crossed overall, but Good Wife & Justified were cute!

Happier Than Ever was a great sophomore album indeed! NDA is really underrated here, glad it got a lil shoutout in your favs

Also, Transparent Soul & Porter Robinson :clap3:

Edited by TalkThatRihanna

On 12/21/2021 at 2:40 PM, Ewan Chaos said:

33.) beabadoobee - Last Day On Earth

I only recently learned (from someone's Best Of) that Matt Healies was a backing vocalist on this! Very fitting. I just adore that this could easily be used as the opening song for a Hillary Duff early 2000s teenage romance as she's walking to her school building with the opening credits showing alongside her as her friends all start to meet up with her. I mean that scatting chorus, come ON, that's SO early 2000s. Make a note, Lorde, if this is what you wanna do to emulate the 2000s!

i find beabadoobee's voice promising and soothing, i need to listen to her more often. i only connected so much with Back to Mars as 

Bunny Is A Rider + Silk Chiffon :worship:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.