Tom Vercetti's Best Of 2021: Top 25 Albums Revealed (Pg. 4)

Tom Vercetti

Oh so you're dumping it all too, fine. 

As I expected there is more music that I don't know than I do know, but the ones I heard are definitely very fair choices. Nice you added genres though so I know which ones to check. Funny enough though, quite a lot of these would be my alt picks to what I picked for my list as highlights of certain albums. Won't say which ones though, my lists are yet to be revealed :fan: 

But I have to note that my favorite track of the whole list is by far Insomnia by YUKIKA. She just can't miss, cause pretty much every release since her 2019's NEON is top tier and I love how she stays dedicated to the sound that just works for her even if it's not very commercially appealing. Soul Lady is her peak project, but timeabout wasn't any less charming so I'm patiently waiting for more.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Vercetti

• Sunderland 4ever

• Pink Matter

• TheWayWeWere

Insomnia one of Yukika's best songs tbh. I love when her songs have (relatively) darker tones and hits this sort of sweet spot where it's not too peppy but not really drab or edgy. Love that it got a shoutout here! :heart:

shittt I totally snubbed Altar by Kehlani in my list :monkey: many amazing picks, also Tinashe top 2 feels right 

AHHHHHHH THE #1 :jonny5: never expected Wild Side to be so high on your list tbh! I'll be checking some of these songs out x

Her + You Right + i am not a woman, im god :heart:

I kinda like Have Mercy more than any of CxH's stuff outside of one or two songs maybe lmao. Never listened to Clarence's stuff outside of Rina, agreed that song was my standout from that EP too.

I liked most of the Little Simz album but TOTALLY agree, she sounded so good on the funk of Protect My Energy. Legit shocked that Boing Beat is everyone's favorite from that Danny album. Happy mememe got some love from you. No clue why people were trashing that song (at least here on ATRL).

The Princess and the Clock FLOORED me on my first listen. Great pick. Over This! :clap3:Let me add Sunkissed to my albums to check out based on how it's similar to Doss! Insomnia :clap3:YES After Last Night love! It deserves more!

The 1-2 punch of Bouncin then Better Than That, FUCK YES that's why you're the GOAT babes!

Stay & IANAWIAG :katie2:

I will post sporadic thoughts

No I thought Harlecore was good. Bouncin very bouncy. Some of Erika's singles grew off me while other album tracks grew, but Better Than That is one I don't remember off the top of my head. The artists in the top 10 came thru with talent. The Yaeji shade :turkey: but Doss is so good. Ok good list I'm still digging but excited to see where zoomer music takes us

YES better than that omg :jonny:

amazing picks, cant even point them all out! follow the leader :jonny:

i'm surprised to see wild side so high :dies: have mercy is solid too 

lucid dreams is an interesting pick! def the most different song on the ep

superstar is the best song on OTM so far (and probably will still be after everything's released)

you right is great but it wouldn't be my pick from the album

Miss Erika's album really was that sensational!  (literally!)

Bouncin is a whole bop but that's expected from Tinashe and her album this year is one of her best.

Yes! Follow The Leader! Easily the best song on Mercurial World!

Also love that Rochelle, happy she made the top 10!

I also like the song here from Normani, Yukika, yeule, Joyce Wrice, Namasenda, Slayyyter, aespa, Summer, Halsey, Raveena, Doja, poppy and Arca.

Will check out the songs that I don't know from this list!

Great song list! Love seeing bouncin top 2 especially and Follow the Leader is v underrated, so nice to see it get some love.

That was hella quick. :jonny:

22 hours ago, Tom Vercetti said:

72. Jenevieve - Eternal
60. Poppy - Her
36. Kero Kero Bonito - The Princess and the Clock
29. Slayyyter - Over This!

I still have to check Beach House's new material. Let me check your playlist. :hippo:

• ATRL Moderator

bouncin is 100% the best thing Tinashe has ever done.

Glad you appreciate it as I do!

On 12/12/2021 at 1:18 PM, ATRL Username said:

Poppy, Raveena, Doss <3 <3 <3

:clap:

On 12/12/2021 at 1:20 PM, hofork said:

lots of good stuff, great #1 too :jonny2: that was my fav. Other highlights: Arca, Rochelle, PPTress, Joyce, Yeule(!!!), Poppy, aespa of course. I like that there's a solid mix of stuff here and it all feels like it fits except silk sonic. Will be checking out that playlist sometime. Great list!!

Oh yeah silk sonic is kinda an outlier with all the current r&b/trap I included but I really enjoyed it on my first listens and it stuck with me too. 

On 12/12/2021 at 1:22 PM, bestfiction said:

The MC Boing supremacy

wyU8cI5.gif

ngl I don't know much of the entries but gonna save your playlist to check stuff out. Only recently got into 333 and Sensational but those are quite stellar albums. Loving the Poppy and slayyyter inclusion too

Wasn't very huge on BDE but it was decent enough

What's the story behind Tarantula and who does it diss? :eli: is that Arca or?...

The diss is towards Elon Musk + Grimes :eli: 

On 12/12/2021 at 1:23 PM, Sanguine said:

Okay yes lots of classics. Great #1, the best non-single on the album for me

MAGABay, Rochelle, Beach House (I forgot to put them on my EPs list mess :deadbanana:next year!), Doss :jonny:YEULE!! :jonny:Slayyyter, Aespa, Poppy :jonny:think those are my favorites. Will need to check out some of the stuff here, great list!

Not even sure if I'm doing EPs this time but Beach House would be up there. 

On 12/12/2021 at 1:36 PM, Insanity said:

Well Mr Tom you managed to come up with a list where there's only 7 songs I know and most of them are on mine lmao

I aim to please :smile:

On 12/12/2021 at 2:33 PM, JGibson said:

I am not a woman, I'm a god :clap3:

:clap3: 

On 12/12/2021 at 3:13 PM, TheWayWeWere said:

Have Mercy :alexz: very excited for her solo debut

Xcxoplex could've been better tbh

Bouncin so high :jonny: it's great banger

Altar is low-key my favorite Kehlani song rn

I am not a woman :clap3: 

xcxoplex is kinda a leftover but I come back to it still. 

On 12/12/2021 at 3:38 PM, Not Like The Movies said:

Yes Tom yes taste 

Thank you sir. 

On 12/12/2021 at 3:53 PM, Wicked said:

Great songs list! I liked most of this, didn't bother listening to Dojas album, not interested in her honestly. Imma listen to this one cause you like it. 

Rx crew just works for me, but I actually like Papi the most, I think he's finally entered his stride. 

Life Of The Party, man... Andre is never going to give us a solo album, but he need to stop randomly dropping perfection every couple years. 

Great #1 choice although I prefer other songs on that album. 

I only really liked You Right and Kiss Me More is tolerable. Album wise she doesn't fit me. The RX duo are more enjoyable for me in small doses but I still respect the attitude they provide. Andre has been teasing for about a decade now, I'm convinced he has a lost album somewhere ready to be uncovered. 

On 12/12/2021 at 3:55 PM, BlackoutZone said:

Oh so you're dumping it all too, fine. 

As I expected there is more music that I don't know than I do know, but the ones I heard are definitely very fair choices. Nice you added genres though so I know which ones to check. Funny enough though, quite a lot of these would be my alt picks to what I picked for my list as highlights of certain albums. Won't say which ones though, my lists are yet to be revealed :fan: 

But I have to note that my favorite track of the whole list is by far Insomnia by YUKIKA. She just can't miss, cause pretty much every release since her 2019's NEON is top tier and I love how she stays dedicated to the sound that just works for her even if it's not very commercially appealing. Soul Lady is her peak project, but timeabout wasn't any less charming so I'm patiently waiting for more.

Oh yes, the constant update culture doesn't fit my current lifestyle rn so I figure to get out all out in the open. I've been adding genres since 2017 and they've worked out well since I know the type this forum typically is looking or. Love Yukika. Still listen to Soul Lady regularly too. 

23 hours ago, Hug said:

Insomnia one of Yukika's best songs tbh. I love when her songs have (relatively) darker tones and hits this sort of sweet spot where it's not too peppy but not really drab or edgy. Love that it got a shoutout here! :heart:

I agree with this assessment. Can't wait for her next project. 

23 hours ago, luckystrike said:

shittt I totally snubbed Altar by Kehlani in my list :monkey: many amazing picks, also Tinashe top 2 feels right 

I really hope the kehlani singles after altar match up. And yeah Tinashe a good year. 

22 hours ago, diogozsz said:

AHHHHHHH THE #1 :jonny5: never expected Wild Side to be so high on your list tbh! I'll be checking some of these songs out x

#1 for months now :jonny: One In A Million's impact for the wild side attachment. 

21 hours ago, Sempiternal said:

Her + You Right + i am not a woman, im god :heart:

:heart:

21 hours ago, Ewan Chaos said:

I kinda like Have Mercy more than any of CxH's stuff outside of one or two songs maybe lmao. Never listened to Clarence's stuff outside of Rina, agreed that song was my standout from that EP too.

I liked most of the Little Simz album but TOTALLY agree, she sounded so good on the funk of Protect My Energy. Legit shocked that Boing Beat is everyone's favorite from that Danny album. Happy mememe got some love from you. No clue why people were trashing that song (at least here on ATRL).

The Princess and the Clock FLOORED me on my first listen. Great pick. Over This! :clap3:Let me add Sunkissed to my albums to check out based on how it's similar to Doss! Insomnia :clap3:YES After Last Night love! It deserves more!

The 1-2 punch of Bouncin then Better Than That, FUCK YES that's why you're the GOAT babes!

Cxh never really caught my attention so I was surprised that have mercy did. I love synth funk, especially from the 80s so Protect My Energy naturally gravitated. Some people might be over the hyperpop train, which is understandable. I prefer mememe over money machine/stupid horse. Sunkissed is a great album so I would recommend. Top 2 goated yep :clap3: 

21 hours ago, Mr. Loco said:

Stay & IANAWIAG :katie2:

:katie2:

19 hours ago, theblackestday said:

I know that's right

JNC4tTQ.gif

She looks so good in the vid too

JNC4tTQ.gif

14 hours ago, SLIME said:

I will post sporadic thoughts

No I thought Harlecore was good. Bouncin very bouncy. Some of Erika's singles grew off me while other album tracks grew, but Better Than That is one I don't remember off the top of my head. The artists in the top 10 came thru with talent. The Yaeji shade :turkey: but Doss is so good. Ok good list I'm still digging but excited to see where zoomer music takes us

There's a couple of more Erika album cuts that I prefer over most of the singles :keir: 

13 hours ago, ChapelHooker said:

YES better than that omg :jonny:

amazing picks, cant even point them all out! follow the leader :jonny:

Glad you enjoyed them like I did :jonny: 

9 hours ago, Lazuli said:

i'm surprised to see wild side so high :dies: have mercy is solid too 

lucid dreams is an interesting pick! def the most different song on the ep

superstar is the best song on OTM so far (and probably will still be after everything's released)

you right is great but it wouldn't be my pick from the album

Back when it first released, I didn't expect it either but with time it just grew. I'm kinda hoping there's more songs as grand as superstar to come. If only they just dropped it all at once. I've never really been into the 4-5 songs each method. 

9 hours ago, Hikari said:

Miss Erika's album really was that sensational!  (literally!)

Bouncin is a whole bop but that's expected from Tinashe and her album this year is one of her best.

Yes! Follow The Leader! Easily the best song on Mercurial World!

Also love that Rochelle, happy she made the top 10!

I also like the song here from Normani, Yukika, yeule, Joyce Wrice, Namasenda, Slayyyter, aespa, Summer, Halsey, Raveena, Doja, poppy and Arca.

Will check out the songs that I don't know from this list!

Erika delivered on both accounts again :jonny:I'm glad Tinashe is back on her feet again. Joyride era was terrible and sfy has some bops but something was missing there for me.  

8 hours ago, Eeveelution said:

Great song list! Love seeing bouncin top 2 especially and Follow the Leader is v underrated, so nice to see it get some love.

A lot of the songs I liked this year were "deep cuts" so I wanted to represent them in a way. 

7 hours ago, Glassmouth said:

NAUR i LOVE most of your choices also Erika at no. #1 we stan

We sure do :katie2:

5 hours ago, Sunderland 4ever said:

That was hella quick. :jonny:

I still have to check Beach House's new material. Let me check your playlist. :hippo:

Except for the servers we're in a faster pace era now. 

5 hours ago, madonnas said:

bouncin is 100% the best thing Tinashe has ever done.

Glad you appreciate it as I do!

Idk about the best thing she's done but it's classic worthy in her catalog :celestial:

Have Mercy, Boucin and Wild Side :clap3:

Also Pinkpantheress in the top 10 yay :clap3:

Damn, more full lists being dropped this year than usual :celestial5:

Oop at a last minute-ish deluxe track making it to the top 3 :gaycat3: I ignored DONDA deluxe though. Ianaw,Iag & Wild Side are alright. Have Mercy is a solid start for Chloe's solo career :jamming: Her + After Last Night :clap: Bouncin so high yesss :sats: Follow the Leader mmm I love that one, although it's not one of my main MW highlights.

oh wow, not my absolute fave on Erika's album but still a really good song, her whole album was stunning :jonny5:

ahhhhh Follow The Leader stanning, might be my fave on the album :smitten: Bouncin, Got Em, Reason and Superstar are also great :clap3:

another DBSHOYOB stan as well :smile: love seeing Over This! and Lucid Dream so high, they're in my top 10 :jonny2:

this album making some people switch on Halsey :celestial4:not 100 Fads on the list instead of Laura Les' stunning single!

Oh wow at that 1-2 punch of Erika and Tinashe :falcon: 

Also love me some Rochelle Jordan :clap3: 

Other random thots:

Gonna check out the Doss track cuz I'm always looking for more shoegaze

Surprised you didn't go with Unlock It for Abra :eek: 

+ there are a whole bunch of great tracks sprinkled throughout :clap3: T

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.