Cloröx | 2021 Annual Report (#20 - #01 Best Albums)

Cloröx

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cloröx

• Alldeezy

• TheWayWeWere

• dreamofyou

Happier Than Ever :clap3:, I kinda ignored this at first , but it’s full of growers and aged like a fine wine :jonny:

Happier Than Ever wasn’t very good, but it was still better than Sour. So you spilled a bit. 

Living for the Lorde drags in every Antonoff collab project. :rofl:

Agreed re: Planet Her, it's the same route Dua went with as well, multiple bops to establish a fanbase and get multiple plays on all platforms, I even think I like it more than her debut!

Happier Than Ever is too low, not Sling being higher :shakeno: loved her debut but I agree this is better

Daddy's Home was so good, I think I prefer of it over MASS :jonny5: BRM and Chvrches were meh for me :smile:

found Vince's album very underwhelming, BFT is the only thing I loved from him :giraffe: Planet Her :clap3:

I could like a Billie album if reduced to 3 tracks 

I... wished I shared the same opinion with you about the Parquet Courts album. Their last one is still great though!

Happier Than Ever :clap3:I was never an OBEH but whew her debut is half awful songs, quarter okay songs, quarter great songs. So this is a MASSSSSIIIVVVEEE improvement.

don't really know any from this list!   yes i've never gotten into  Billie, i tried with that song but it's still her voice! Nessa Barrett has similar vocals but is just more enjoyable. 

home video and happier than ever are the best ones here :heart: 

sling is cute but not really what i hoped for from clairo

Spoiler
21 hours ago, dreamofyou said:

HTE:clap3: 

also the boygenius praise, we need another EP or even an album - me and my dog & salt in the wound are so excellent

>>>> Yup, I'm fucking excited if the trio decides to release a full album, the collapse :jonnycat:

19 hours ago, TheWayWeWere said:

Happier Than Ever :clap3:, I kinda ignored this at first , but it’s full of growers and aged like a fine wine :jonny:

>>>> Yeah, definitely better than WJHDHJBCJHDSCSDA :cm:

18 hours ago, Achilles. said:

Happier Than Ever wasn’t very good, but it was still better than Sour. So you spilled a bit. 

Living for the Lorde drags in every Antonoff collab project. :rofl:

>>>> She really thought that fully snubbed Antonoff and took the whole credit will give her favor, just for the album to be panned by critics :santa:

17 hours ago, KasioKas said:

Agreed re: Planet Her, it's the same route Dua went with as well, multiple bops to establish a fanbase and get multiple plays on all platforms, I even think I like it more than her debut!

>>>> Yup yup, the hits keep coming indeed ha Teenage Dream era :clap3:

15 hours ago, K$Ellie said:

Happier Than Ever is too low, not Sling being higher :shakeno: loved her debut but I agree this is better

Daddy's Home was so good, I think I prefer of it over MASS :jonny5: BRM and Chvrches were meh for me :smile:

found Vince's album very underwhelming, BFT is the only thing I loved from him :giraffe: Planet Her :clap3:

Why everyone prefer DH over M, the lack of taste is very concerning :mandown:

14 hours ago, Insanity said:

I could like a Billie album if reduced to 3 tracks 

I think it's okay, maybe some people found a few songs a little bit repetitive :giraffe:

8 hours ago, Ewan Chaos said:

I... wished I shared the same opinion with you about the Parquet Courts album. Their last one is still great though!

Happier Than Ever :clap3:I was never an OBEH but whew her debut is half awful songs, quarter okay songs, quarter great songs. So this is a MASSSSSIIIVVVEEE improvement.

>>>> I don't really into whispering but the production in HTE is spectacular :clap3:

8 hours ago, Sempiternal said:

don't really know any from this list!   yes i've never gotten into  Billie, i tried with that song but it's still her voice! Nessa Barrett has similar vocals but is just more enjoyable. 

>>>> Get into alternative indie music guys :jonnycat:

45 minutes ago, Lazuli said:

home video and happier than ever are the best ones here :heart: 

sling is cute but not really what i hoped for from clairo

>>>> The girlies in ATRL really thought that Billie will flop musically :eli:

27 minutes ago, Cloröx said:
  Hide contents

I think it's okay, maybe some people found a few songs a little bit repetitive :giraffe:

I really cant stand the tone of her voice tbh and her music just gives me a head ache.  I find this with alot of artists similar to her.

Spoiler

her music is very different ill give her that but its just not for me

Edited by Insanity

RBpgduX.png

Magdalena-Bay.jpeg

#25. Magdalena Bay – Mercurial World

The duo becomes a huge sensation on AOTY community, and I bet in music industry too. It's a perfect debut album with a great blend of synthpop, dance pop and electro pop. There's no single boring moment, just pure fun and happiness.

james-blake-friends-that-break-your-heart.jpg

#24. James Blake – Friends That Break Your Heart

The musical arrangement and production are immaculate, neat and impeccable, fusing very well with the James' angelic voice. This is something that Sam Smith wishes to release.

ab67616d0000b27335bd3c588974a8c239e5de87

#23. Brandi Carlile – In These Silent Days

Not really familiar with her name let alone her music until the breakthrough era (By the Way, I Forgive You) with Grammy's general field nominations in 2019. Thanks to that, The Joke becomes one of my favorite songs of all time. Now, she's back with new material and things can't go wrong with her songwriting prowess. In These Silent Days continues her perfect record with absolute beautiful piece of work. 

Mogwai-As-The-Love-Continues.jpg

#22. Mogwai – As the Love Continues

It's definition of irresistible music. 

sault-nine.jpg

#21. SAULT – Nine

I've never heard a temporarily release before, so yeah a few months later they did delete this gem from existence. This mysterious group that no one knows who the fuck they are is one of the best things ever happened last year with back to back masterpieces (Untitled Rise/Untitled Black Is), and considering the hype and being temporarily release, Nine was a great follow up that didn't disappointed me at all.

Happier Than Ever miles better than SOUR i agrih :clap3:

Planet Her so low :shakeno:

Sling is such a step down from Immunity :shakeno:

Magdalena Bay :clap3:

I missed last set. :noparty: My favorites are Home Video and Happier Than Ever

As for today's set, I like Mercurial World. I snubbed Mogwai's record this year. :sad:

I'm still waiting to really connect to a Doja song :matty: I see the potential but for some reason none of her songs do it for me? Boss Bitch is the one I enjoy the most and that was for a soundtrack. I like Happier Than Ever, just really wanted her to continue serving after dsam & WWAFA were excellent. There's a few weak spots on the tracklist. Mercurial World ahhh that's my baby!! But it deserved like, #5 instead of #25!

Mercurial World fantastic, exceeded all my expectations even though I liked their previous stuff

HTE was better than her debut, but she can still do more imo idk

Screen Violence, Planet Her, Happier Than Ever & In These Silent Days acclaim wow :clap3:

I haven't listen to James Blake new album and his previous didn't really excited me that much (i only listen the Rosalía song post-release) but i'm intrigued to check it out

These album covers are so cute :jonny5:

Still need to listen to Brandi’s album. Right on Time didn’t do much for me but I liked the other song I heard from the album… You And Me On The Rock, I think?

Mercurial World is stunning, deserved top 20 at least :jonny2:

I saw James get panned and passed on it :keir:

The Lorde shade :clap3: Truly the biggest disappoinment of 2021

Edited by VeniceBeach

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.