Cloröx | 2021 Annual Report (#20 - #01 Best Albums)

Cloröx

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cloröx

• Alldeezy

• TheWayWeWere

• dreamofyou

LP! & star-crossed on the list :clap3:

KICK ii is also very good but the fact that she released all remaining KiCK franchise within days is crazy like slow down mama :jonny5:

WPpeYyR.png

4000.jpg?width=700&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&s=0c48a094a106df3d88f9187e7f4e2917

#65. Tune-Yards - sketcy

Weird, messy but fascinating is typical classic Tune-Yards. The album did trigger my adrenaline but I did find 'sometime' a little unnecessary track that slightly ruined the listening experience, at least in my opinion. Overall, its enjoyable piece of work.

Adele_-_30.png

#64. Adele - 30

Let me straight recycling my short review on AOTY - "I'm not sure if this unpopular opinion or not but Strangers By Nature is her worst album opener, it's slow burner without climax. Although I do like the inclusion of uptempo song to cheer up the gloomy vibe of the album but Can I Get It is generic mess, which Adele channeling her inner P!nk instead of trying being herself. Nevertheless, the six-minutes tracks especially the last three are absolute triumph, haunting, indeed classic Adele. They perfectly wrap the main subject and concept of the album that kinda succeed to offset my disappointment. Overall, 30 surely is an upgrade from the flat uninspired 25, but still not as monumental as 21 and 19."

cassandra-jenkins-an-overview-on-phenomenal-nature-1609861222.jpg

#63. Cassandra Jenkins - An Overview On Phenomenal Nature

A very underrated artist that suddenly making big splash with universal acclaimed Hard Drive. And it's more than enough to welcome the audiences to visit the album, which also one of the best of 2021 in my book.

CHAI-WINK.jpg

#62. CHAI - WINK

It's kawaii :alexz3:

New%20Long%20Leg%20Album%20Art.jpg

#61. Dry Cleaning - New Long Leg

Finally a full studio album after beautiful back to back EPs. It's well crafted, a solid statement that they are coming for Arctic Monkeys's wig. 

nawt Chemtrails so low :'( 

Kacey made some points with Golden Hour, but Star Crossed was a bit fillerish

30 is a bit messy for me, like, there's some of her best songs/vocals, but there's so many low points :deadbanana2:

cumtrails is cute but blue banisters outsold

star crossed was meh tbh and very disappointing after golden hour

kick ii, 30, cassandra, chai :clap3: 

Lana, Kacey, and Adele. :clap3:

Spoiler

I’m applauding the fact that they’re out already. :eli: 

Peewb29.png

400x400bb.jpg

#60. Sufjan Stevens & Angelo De Augustine - A Beginner’s Mind

The boobs alone deserve a spot in my list. Anyway, it's fucking Sufjan Stevens, there's no explanation just reputation.

6fe61016dcc26dbded6ba148812cbf87.1000x1000x1.jpg

#59. Jordan Rakei - What We Call Life

It comes with elements of R&B, soul, synthpop and indie folk. With such diversity, the album surely a must listen.

ab67616d0000b2731f9f8d93bf43b569817af0a4

#58. Halsey – If I Can’t Have Love, I Want Power

Similar as A Beginner's Mind, the album deserves a spot simply thanks to the boobs. Anyway, I applaud Halsey for taking such risky move by collaborating with Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross of Nine Inch Nails although it's not really a surprise considering her rockish music before. I am not a woman, I'm a god is the best song in the album and I believe everyone agrees with this.

Flock-of-Dimes-Head-of-Roses.jpg

#57. Flock of Dimes - Head of Roses

Another great indie folk record I've found thanks to AOTY website. It's lovely, so harmony. Head of Roses (track) hits me different, very deep.

Wild-Pink.jpg

#56. Wild Pink - A Billion Little Lights

Their music reminds me so much of Fleet Foxes and The War on Drugs, which is the main reason why I'm so in love with this album. 

Halsey :clap3: such a brilliant album 

A1ujhHL.png

nightmare%20vacation_rico%20nasty.jpg

#55. Nico Rasty - Nightmare Vacation

Indeed it's nasty, wild, chaotic, very energetic which makes the album having zero dull moment. 

Arlo-Parks.jpg

#54. Arlo Parks - Collapsed in Sunbeams

There's a lot fantastic debut albums by British artists this year and we can't simply discuss this without even mentioning Arlo's album. It's stunning effort, super vivid indie pop record and it's aging like fine wine.

R-19509886-1626408448-6860.jpeg.jpg

#53. Willow - lately i feel EVERYTHING

Not sure it's unpopular opinion or not but Willow produced a better pop punk record than Miss Olivia. Bite ME!

a1554886129_10.jpg

#52. Cleo Sol - Mother

nnnnn I found some people speculated that she might be one the members of the secretive group SAULT. No wonder this album is that great.

Black-Country-New-Road-For-the-first-time.jpg

#51. Black Country, New Road - For the first time

A very elegant rock album, the musical arrangement is immersive but not overwhelming which kinda nice. Can't wait for their upcoming second album in 2022 since this one is very convincing.

Thanks everyone who follows my countdown, I'll follow you guys too. We have reached halfway of Top 100 Best Albums, I'll finish this within next three days. :gaycat2:

IICHLIWP was cute, haven't used it since release week though :toofunny2:

I actually didn't like Nightmare Vacation that much! One of her worst projects imo :( 

can't wait for the rest! :sherlock:

Soberish, Flux, Sensational (should’ve been higher!), Kick II, IICHLIWP, CIS are my faves in the last few updates :clap3:

iPhone is kinda a 2020 SOTY contender but the rest of the album doesn’t live up to it I’m afraid

I actually just listened to the Sufjan album for the first time this morning. It’s nice, but the sorta thing you need to spend time with and IDK if I will. 

Halsey. :worship2:

I’ve been meaning to check out BCNR. 

I know two albums here, though I did not rate them very high. After listening to Eugene, I expected more from Arlo Park's album. Don't know if that's just me.

The other album I know is For the first time.

LIFE (mess I just saw this acronym for Willow's album :deadbanana4: ) was amazing, probably her first album that I liked as a whole

IICHLIWP was amazing :alexz: too bad era felt so short

I really liked some of these so I'm happy they made it, but the comments were sometimes harsh :mandown: Especially on 30

lately i feel EVERYTHING in such an amazing album! legit perfection 

You made many many points, especially with Tune Yards. I've been waiting for them to release excellence since their 2011 album and they finally delivered.

I wanted to like that Wild Pink album more than I did... I loved the sequencing though. Let me give it another chance.

COCC is alright - yes at "King Antonoff", giving him his flowers as everyone should be! :clap3: star-crossed is cute but easily weaker than GH and the closing track is a stain on her discography. It's so weird seeing breadwinner get SO much praise, to me it's just cute and that's all. 30 :heart2: Definitely enjoyed Halsey's album & it was a big step up from Manic. Unpopular opinion but Ianaw,iag is bottom 3 from that :oh:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.