Katy reaches 40M monthly listeners for the first time!

KatysPrism

2 hours ago, katykater said:

8c9Y4mC.jpg

Can't wait for today's update.

not excel spreadsheet :deadbanana2:

i love yall 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• katykater

• Virtual_Insanity

• SeanET

• Gagacharts

23 hours ago, LittleMonster2012 said:

First time???????

:deadvision:

Why are you acting like she should have been there multiple times or it’s an easy feat for females. 

4 hours ago, Gagacharts said:

BTS has a huge fanbase that streams their music 24/7. So they have big streaming numbers but low monthly listeners.

Katy´s monthly listeners will increase till christmas thanks to "Cozy Little Christmas".

Cozy little christmas has been out for three years and this is an all time peak for her so it is clearly not due to cozy little christmas only. 

OT - streaming queen 

33 minutes ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

Cozy little christmas has been out for three years and this is an all time peak for her so it is clearly not due to cozy little christmas only. 

Spotify grows bei ~20% each year, so it´s logical that the monthly listeners this year are higher than last year and the years before.

But HIH going viral also impacted her ML in a positiv way. So it´s not only due to CLC, but it has a big impact.

5 hours ago, Harry said:

not excel spreadsheet :deadbanana2:

i love yall 

I have missed some updates and could find Katy's on Twitter, but not gaga's on certain days.

LVk1X5M.jpg

2 hours ago, Gagacharts said:

Spotify grows bei ~20% each year, so it´s logical that the monthly listeners this year are higher than last year and the years before.

But HIH going viral also impacted her ML in a positiv way. So it´s not only due to CLC, but it has a big impact.

Have the monthly listeners of other female artists grown above 40 million due to this logical 20 percent spotify increase or are they stuck at the same levels or have some even dropped below former levels  ? 

Edited by Virtual_Insanity

3 minutes ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

Have the monthly listeners of other female artists grown above 40 million due to this logical 20 percent spotify increase or are they stuck at the same levels ? 

exactly.  I see other artists on the DECLINE.  Katy is inclining. 

Just now, spree said:

exactly.  I see other artists on the DECLINE.  Katy is inclining. 

I also see this. The random obsession with trying to downplay everything when it clearly does not apply to other artists is very concerning. 

29 minutes ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

Have the monthly listeners of other female artists grown above 40 million due to this logical 20 percent spotify increase or are they stuck at the same levels or have some even dropped below former levels  ? 

The monthly listeners grow because people listen to christmas playlist now (some of those people ususally don´t listen to artist x). In 2021 there are ~20% more Spotify users than in 2020. That´s why the monthly listeners this year are higher than last year.

I don´t track monthly listeners for female musicians, so I can´t give you the numbers from last year. It´s just math.

I guess we just have to wait. If Katy´s monthly listeners peak around christmas and start to fall after it, my math was correct (It only works if she doesn´t release new content).

If there is no effect, I will apologize to you.

39 minutes ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

Is it good or bad compared to her late 00's peers

She has moved ahead of Gaga and closer to Rihanna. Obviously she is nowhere near Taylor or Adele. 

40m listeners by sitting in her house & taking care of Daisy?

she is so powerful 

:jonny5:

• 2 weeks later...

The gap crossed 2 million monthly listeners.

u6aXxaE.jpg

Edited by katykater

4 hours ago, SeanET said:

43,6 million :jonny5:

The slayage !! @Gagacharts how can you explain the fact that Katy is STIll increasing and peaking in January ? 

On 1/3/2022 at 5:52 PM, Virtual_Insanity said:

The slayage !! @Gagacharts how can you explain the fact that Katy is STIll increasing and peaking in January ? 

Sorry for the late answer. I was on vacation.

Katy released a new song and gained a lot of playlist reach on Spotify. Total: 356.6M (+78M) [+28%]. That´s the reason why her monthly listeners increase.

On 1/3/2022 at 5:52 PM, Virtual_Insanity said:

Lol she just released a new song

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.