Reports: Russia to invade Ukraine by mid-February

Espresso

24 minutes ago, Flomik said:

no

maybe they meant Orthodox Christmas which is January 7 (russians and ukrainians are also mainly orthodox christians)

It’s giving doomsday prophecies 

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• ZIVERT

• Bloodflowers.

• Pendulum

1 hour ago, Bloodflowers. said:

So.... did Russia attack Ukraine today as the title suggests?

orthodox christmas is 7 january. you should know this from your serbian brothers 

58 minutes ago, Pendulum said:

orthodox christmas is 7 january. you should know this from your serbian brothers 

So we have to suffer two more weeks on this planet until doomsday?

jGPHksI.gif

2 hours ago, Letemtalk said:

It looks the main source for this "Christmas Eve" invasion was a UK tabloid.

girl Christmas Eve in Russia/Ukraine is on the 6th/7th January so it's probably the date Putin meant

3 hours ago, Pendulum said:

girl Christmas Eve in Russia/Ukraine is on the 6th/7th January so it's probably the date Putin meant

I'm not the one quoting a UK tabloid (first quote in this thread) predicting a Russian Christmas Eve invasion. Or the second quote that appears to be from someone in Finland (most of them celebrate Christmas in December) also claiming Russia will invade on Christmas Eve, but his source also appears to be the same UK tabloid.

I'm not a fan of Putin, but he has a long history of making the west look incompetent, powerless or just plain stupid. In the meanwhile he has managed to get Trump, Brexit, Boris Johnson and multiple far right parties or far right members of parliaments in Europe, to a point where the EU and NATO have very little power or willingness to provide a unified opposition to anything that he does.

Does Putin want to invade the entire Ukraine?

I'm guessing probably not and I'm not sure how fake invasion predictions help anyone but Putin.

19 hours ago, Pendulum said:

Oh please, Russia isn't going to do anything. This is all fear mongering.

Although i believe russia does want to invade ukraine im trying to understand why russia would want to do it now at this time, to my knowledge ukraine hasnt done anything recently to anger putin and ukrainian nato membership was brought out from thin air from russia

On 12/22/2021 at 11:18 PM, arceus said:

Germans are just..... Nuclear energy is much better than russian gas

Germany was heavily affected by the Chernobyl disaster so it's hard to blame them for that point of view. :rip:

No shame in being away for the holidays, I guess :rip: OP updated with new piece recommended by the former U.S. ambassador. :coffee2: 

As for the UK tabloid, skeptical the Daily Star would've made up their multiple intel sources long paraphrased quotes - why even bother to do the story. Not getting into the implications or Putin's reasoning, will leave that to the pieces here and othe posters for now.

Edited by Espresso

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Raptus said:

can they start already? im bored :alexz2:

as a Ukrainian i'd rather be bored than scared for my life lol

Kazakhstan has become unstable since they tried to cut subsidies at the gas stations and the price went up 2.5 times. It's a big impact on 100 USD per month income. The people are rioting and the leaders called in the Russian army for assistance. Putin is busy expanding Russian influence sphere in Kazakhstan, Belarus,... by helping out the leaders having to deal with riots, uprisings,... If Russia takes it, it won't go to the Chinese or Western influence sphere.

It is increasingly unlikely that Russia could invade Ukraine, Russia's neighbours feel like the social contract is broken, a new deal between the leaders and the population has to be negotiated and Russia has to send their armies to put out the fires that might convince even the Russians to question their regime, leaders,...

Edited by katykater

I don't think they're bluffing, but others may. I guess we'll see. OP updated with the above. :coffee2: 

So basically the theory from U.S. observers is the FSB is doing a fake-out on the arrest of the hackers to make them think they won't invade Ukraine. 

:eatpopcorn:Biden should back off and let the Europeans deal with Russia on their own since they are financing Russia's army with their gas purchase. :eatpopcorn:

1 hour ago, Sergi91 said:

Not the title changing the date :toofunny2:

Serving doomsday prophecies :skull:

I'll close this by the end of February no matter what the new reporting is, don't worry :coffee2: 

How come America said they won't intervene with Ukraine but they will intervene with Taiwan?