Kong: Skull Island (2017)

28 posts in this topic

maxresdefault.jpg

Not official poster but this one is much cooler .:fan:

I just came back from a screening of this. It was enjoyable! Story and most of the characters are bland but the action is entertaining and it looks great. Overall a decent blockbuster.

I kinda wanna see this as I like the Kong films, but also sort of think it's gonna be terrible.

Ima wait for more reviews before deciding. I can see it flopping tbh

I spoiled the after credits scene and... I'm snatched. Been a long time coming. So excited to see this. 

Is this really how u follow up an Academy Award winning performance? :rip: 

I know this is going to be nothing but a cgi snatchfest so I'm expecting nothing from the plot, I'm just excited to see the monsters and gorgeous visuals :duca:

This looks like such a mess but I want to see it regardless.

ok, the visuals and cinematography were truly GODLY. loved the action as well. I wanted to see more of the gigantic ants even though they were disgusting :deadbanana:

the Godzilla teaser at the end

:duca:

I'm such a coward, why did I go watch this. Spent about 50% of the time there with a finger on my nose so I could easily cover my eyes at the jump scares. All the Kong movies have me on edge when watching them for some reason. :skull:

Not a spoiler: There was a brilliant scene where Kong walks out of the fog and for a moment I felt like I was watching the 1933 version. Grey crackly screen with a silhouetted Kong that was reminiscent of the original movie, I'm not sure if it was meant as a callback to that but was awesome regardless. 

Going to see this toniiiiiiiiiight :party:

This was a joke, the script was mediocre, the acting from Brie was cringeworthy, well the plot didn't help.

The action was great and the photography but man, this was so bad, it felt like: Jurassic Park 1,2,3,4 + Avatar + Lost + Anaconda.

Samuel Jackson delivered and saved the movie, Tom is such a bae here.

This was good af!! Wayyyyyyyyy better than the one from 2005. 

Might check this once it's available nearby.I love Tom :chick3: 

I saw this movie a couple of days ago. I liked it :)

the skull in the pic in the op reminded me of my trip to Kualoa ranch, the tour guide was telling us that it's a prop the staff left behind from a movie they weren't supposed to talk about at that time because it wasn't released yet (even though everyone already knew what movie it was from) and he told us "the name of the movie rhymes with king" :toofunny2: 

anyway, I think I'm gonna go see it again soon :duca: 

Saw it yesterday. It was great. Fun, good pacing. I love Peter Jackson's Kong but I'm glad this film got going right away.  

Saw it yesterday and I wanted all the humans to die except for like 4 people and the natives from the island. I loved Kong so much I feel like they managed to give him a lot of emotions. 

Much worse than the previous Kong movie!

A fun movie. But overall, I didn't care much for it. Zero character development.

So good. 

I hate SLJ 😂 

yes Brie lookin great 

This movie was great.

I'm seeing this tonight :eatpopcorn:

Garbage movie. One of the worst action movies in recent years.

Finally going to see this tomorrow! I'm excited (And perched to hear a familiar roar...) 

2 hours ago, Edibles. said:

Finally going to see this tomorrow! I'm excited (And perched to hear a familiar roar...) 

:eli: