Diversity 4: The Re-Up | Winner revealed (pg.132)

thecptz

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Tom Vercetti

• Dessy

• Kavish

Top Posters In This Topic

more

Album review: Mariah Carey - Rainbow

OVERPROTECTED'S REVIEWS

Spoiler

Aaliyah - At Your Best (You Are Love) (Light Pink) - Lovely song lovely explanation lovely color uwu

Miley Cyrus - Hate Me (Blue) - I see the blue relation yeah, the song is kinda weak though

Red Velvet - Russian Roulette (Dark Pink) - The color connection is not very strong but the song is cute enough

Shakira - Dia de Enero (Yellow) - Very interesting color approach, it almost works for me. Thankfully this is one of her best songs!

Shania Twain - Forever and for Always (Light Orange) - I can definitely envision what you described and the song is very lovely!

Taylor Swift - Red (Red) - No it’s true it’s true

Tinashe - Soul Glitch (Grey) - Yas some nightride bops, love this unique color selection and it definitely fits! 

Whitney Houston - I'm Every Woman (Brown) - Whitney is over party yes!!

FFn9iNrXwAoLc2S.jpg

critiques

Spoiler

Aaliyah - oh.. my god.. this song is absolutely gorgeous :jonny2: HEAVENLY!! I love that you went with a soft color, and also one that feels somewhat feminine and nurturing, I think it fits the vibe of the song very well, but honestly with a song this good, you'd probably could've sold me with anything cause :jonny2:

Miley Cyrus - this was essentially a free choice round, as long as you could back it up with a color of course.. it makes this particular song.. a bit strange? It's easily one of the weaker cuts on PH. the color fits like a glove tho.. so there's that!

Red Velvet - the other judges aren't intelligent enough to grasp the brilliance of this.. I am tho 

Shakira - yeah I agree that this would fit better with a yellow-ish orange instead (or just orange if you don't want to be too specific with colors lol). This is a fine song too! It doesn't blow me away but it's nice and calming

Shania Twain - color fits perfectly, this and Shakira's song def have the same vibe. Whilst your fit was better than Shakira's, I def like hers more.. but this is cute enough too :heart2: 

Taylor Swift - FOLKLORE OUTSOLD 30!

Also obviously a good fit.. but also a cute song! The chorus is a bit weak tho

Tinashe - it's a fine song but I never.. really got into it. It's a bit too cold for me. The color fits perfectly tho

Whitney Houston - alright pinkbox, you tried it with this explanation

http://68.media.tumblr.com/22b4e98c2ba2276c0e9751cdee79d7d6/tumblr_oofisnOCyU1thd7hoo1_400.gif

@Element @boys @mokitsu @Opulent @Auburn @Rence @Tom Vercetti @PinkBox

Fcq76Gl.png

CRITIQUES

ROUND 11

Spoiler
On 12/4/2021 at 3:43 AM, Kavish said:

aejBR8c.jpg

⸸ Kavish ⛧ Kritiques ⸸

~

@Element - Aaliyah – At Your Best (You Are Love) [Light Pink]

I imagine a heavenly fresh-morning field with pink and white flowers when I listen to this, while a smiling Aaliyah sits angelically in the middle of it, so I totally agree with your assessment. The song is soft and innocent and represents Light Pink really well.

@boys - Miley Cyrus – Hate Me [Blue]

The chilling lyrics in the chorus is indeed blue, but the rest of the song and her vocal delivery display too much angst to sound like the typical "feeling the blues" song. One of those red and blue gradient shades would have worked better here to capture both her fiery emotions as well as her moments of despair.

@mokitsu - Red Velvet – 러시안 룰렛 Russian Roulette [Dark Pink]

You mean Blackpink? :praiseshockpoor: Dark Pink is a great choice on paper considering that the song has a playful and twisted nature, but its dark side doesn't really translate sonically, so it's just (a cheerful) pink in that aspect. Still, the song is a b-b-b-big bop.

@Opulent - Shakira – Dia de Enero [Yellow]

I expected a more energetic and brighter sound for Yellow, but this one exudes a softer shade that matches the loving and caring energy of the lyrics, so I get the vision. It's more of a lazy afternoon sunshine (Light Yellow) instead of a burning noon one. The song itself is also very warm and pleasant, and one of the better Spanish songs that you have sent.

@Auburn - Shania Twain – Forever and For Always (Red Version) [Light Orange]

The song is loving, warm, and comforting like a soft blanket, and such songs usually give me dreamy dusk vibes, so you hit the nail on the head with both the colour and the explanation for it. "Forever and For Always" is also dear to me for personal reasons and it even comes to me sometimes when I'm at the beach because of its music video. The Shanimpact.

@Rence - Taylor Swift – Red [Red]

"Red" associates different emotions and stages of a relationship to different colours, and red is also a colour that best represents Taylor, so you made the perfect choice this round. The relatable lyrics aside, her delivery and instrumentation all come together as intensely and passionately as the colour.

@Tom Vercetti – Tinashe – Soul Glitch [Grey]

I was wondering if someone would send my aesthetic and you delivered. My bias aside, you hit the mark with this association. Both the lyrics and sound of the song depict a desolate room wherein Tinashe is lingering in a cold fog – mentally, emotionally, and physically - and that is indeed a grey area. A soulful bop.

@PinkBox - Whitney Houston – I'm Every Woman [Brown]

Lyrically a great fit for brown since it's all-encompassing just like the Earth, but the sound is too bright for it to have a brown aura, not to mention that it's too manufactured for it to be Earth-like. I think you should have went with a double-coloured route and a lighter shade of brown like Dark Yellow / Dark Orange / Yellow Ochre, which would represent both the unifying theme and the jubilant sound.

~

2690a7d3455c312649040e478256ac86.jpg

On 12/4/2021 at 5:03 AM, Staryu said:

dq5FpiO.png

Aaliyah - At Your Best (You Are Love) (Light Pink)
This song is so smooth and lovely, Aailyah sounds angelic, love is pink to me

and her vocals are so delicate and light and lovely, so light pink is perfection for this.

Miley Cyrus - Hate Me (Blue)
I'm in a blue kinda mood and I feel like this song fits it, my sister stans this song and she has blue hair atm,

so I associate it with blue anyway just from that tbh :deadbanana2:

Red Velvet - Russian Roulette (Dark Pink)
Idk if I get DARK pink from this, they sound so cute/light/airy/playful.

I definitely get more of a fun pink just from listening to the song, but it is a fun bop and I liked it a lot.  

Shakira - Dia de Enero (Yellow)
This is my favorite spanish language song you've sent by Shakira so far, it's a very pleasant song,

idk if I get straight up yellow from it, maybe a yellow/orange, or sunset color would have worked better for me,

but it's still a great song choice this round.

Shania Twain - Forever and for Always (Light Orange)
This song has a slight beachy/islandy feel and it's very warm to me,

the vocals and production, so I feel light orange works perfectly. 

Taylor Swift - Red (Red)
This is the only and best choice for Taylor for me, it's the obvious choice for a reason.

This is top 3 Taylor for me plus I've always loved songs with colors in the lyrics, idk why,

anyway this is Red, it's in the title and the lyrics and meaning of the song. 

Tinashe - Soul Glitch (Grey)
I think this is a cool/unexpected choice, the production gives me like an icy fog visual in my mind,

the vocals have a kinda somber/gloomy tone, it's definitely giving grey.

Whitney Houston - I'm Every Woman (Brown)
I love this song so much, I feel like brown is a little too tame of a way to describe it

but I see where you are coming from with the earth/togetherness angle. 

19 hours ago, Dessy said:

HdXosxm.jpg?1

Aaliyah - At Your Best (You Are Love) (Light Pink)
It’s interesting that you choose light pink because that lightness is how I would describe this song. A very pleasant love song, can’t really ask for anything more! 

Miley Cyrus - Hate Me (Blue)
Blue fits here for me. I get that sort of depressed/sadness vibe throughout the entire song. Quite heavy stuff tbh. 

Red Velvet - Russian Roulette (Dark Pink)
Omg this classic! I think of Dark Pink as the more fun pink so it works for me there with how the production and lyrics are. 

Shakira - Dia de Enero (Yellow)
I think the healing concept is selling me here. I’m not too sold on the color myself but I can see where you are coming from. The song is kinda beautiful too. 
Sidenote: I appreciate the further breakdown of the translated lyrics. 

Shania Twain - Forever and for Always (Light Orange)
This is a great sell for me. There is this sort of lightness and warmth to the song that you can’t really ignore with is fitting of the color imo. Well done. 

Taylor Swift - Red (Red)
Honestly idk why you wouldn’t send this song. It’s on theme, it inculcates the redness of Taylor, and it’s a good song!
Sidenote: I think Taylor’s Version is better now that I come back to this 

Tinashe - Soul Glitch (Grey)
The lyrics really lend themselves to support your color, I think this is an excellent choice in that regard. The song is also good too, something worth coming back to. 

Whitney Houston - I'm Every Woman (Brown)
I always love the beat switch on this song. It’s so excellent. I thought the color was gonna be a “well she’s brown-skinned and we’re all shades of that” thing which you touched on a little bit with the unity/togetherness thing but I feel like something else could’ve been better.

7 hours ago, Overprotected said:

Album review: Mariah Carey - Rainbow

OVERPROTECTED'S REVIEWS

Reveal hidden contents

Aaliyah - At Your Best (You Are Love) (Light Pink) - Lovely song lovely explanation lovely color uwu

Miley Cyrus - Hate Me (Blue) - I see the blue relation yeah, the song is kinda weak though

Red Velvet - Russian Roulette (Dark Pink) - The color connection is not very strong but the song is cute enough

Shakira - Dia de Enero (Yellow) - Very interesting color approach, it almost works for me. Thankfully this is one of her best songs!

Shania Twain - Forever and for Always (Light Orange) - I can definitely envision what you described and the song is very lovely!

Taylor Swift - Red (Red) - No it’s true it’s true

Tinashe - Soul Glitch (Grey) - Yas some nightride bops, love this unique color selection and it definitely fits! 

Whitney Houston - I'm Every Woman (Brown) - Whitney is over party yes!!

6 hours ago, Navyofbadgals said:

FFn9iNrXwAoLc2S.jpg

critiques

Reveal hidden contents

Aaliyah - oh.. my god.. this song is absolutely gorgeous :jonny2: HEAVENLY!! I love that you went with a soft color, and also one that feels somewhat feminine and nurturing, I think it fits the vibe of the song very well, but honestly with a song this good, you'd probably could've sold me with anything cause :jonny2:

Miley Cyrus - this was essentially a free choice round, as long as you could back it up with a color of course.. it makes this particular song.. a bit strange? It's easily one of the weaker cuts on PH. the color fits like a glove tho.. so there's that!

Red Velvet - the other judges aren't intelligent enough to grasp the brilliance of this.. I am tho 

Shakira - yeah I agree that this would fit better with a yellow-ish orange instead (or just orange if you don't want to be too specific with colors lol). This is a fine song too! It doesn't blow me away but it's nice and calming

Shania Twain - color fits perfectly, this and Shakira's song def have the same vibe. Whilst your fit was better than Shakira's, I def like hers more.. but this is cute enough too :heart2: 

Taylor Swift - FOLKLORE OUTSOLD 30!

Also obviously a good fit.. but also a cute song! The chorus is a bit weak tho

Tinashe - it's a fine song but I never.. really got into it. It's a bit too cold for me. The color fits perfectly tho

Whitney Houston - alright pinkbox, you tried it with this explanation

http://68.media.tumblr.com/22b4e98c2ba2276c0e9751cdee79d7d6/tumblr_oofisnOCyU1thd7hoo1_400.gif

Hello here for bad words but i wont say them in front of baby

1 minute ago, Dessy said:

Hello here for bad words but i wont say them in front of baby

woah

fuck the roof and hi

3 minutes ago, Hikari said:

fuck the roof and hi

hello

But he made points about the roof

1 minute ago, Dessy said:

Kick Hikari

Lynch Dessy!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.